Potential Cock Hero Contributor Seeking Input from Fans

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

climactic
Explorer
Explorer

Potential Cock Hero Contributor Seeking Input from Fans

Post by climactic »

Hi all,

I'm new to the site, and like many of you, I am delighted by the Cock Hero series and the game-like format that the videos provide, although to be honest, I've only had the chance to watch about five of the many videos that are now available.

I myself love to fiddle around with video and audio editing, and will hopefully be contributing to the genre as soon as possible.

Currently, what I'm looking to do is get a little input from CH fans before I start working on a video, so that I can better understand what exactly people are interested in, and what they could do without.

After reading through several threads I've come up with the following:
  • The on-screen stroke meter: Is not having it a deal breaker? I ask because after reading through the instructional thread I realize that adding it will mean acquiring and using a second piece of software. Without it I could simply do the whole thing on Sony Vegas, saving time and focus.
  • It seems to me that everyone is in agreement that variance in rhythm speed is preferable to adding odd patterns to the beat. I believe the reasons for this are, 1) the odd patterns don't have the same effect on the "player" as increased, steady rhythm, and 2) it causes a distraction as the "player's" attention is drawn to the bottom of the screen instead of viewing the content in its entirety. Would you say that this is a correct assessment?
  • On screen tease text, good or bad? I have read a couple of comments requesting that the number of teasing comments (the pink ones) be reduced, which to me is a little confusing, as I believe they are another tool to enhance the quality of the tease; another source of stimulation besides the video itself. Is the reason there have been requests to reduce them because they are distracting from the video, or is it possible that I am I reading too much into a couple of comments? I ask because my idea is to choose a model to serve as the hostess for my videos, integrating her into various parts of the tease with pictures and video, and I planned on being pretty heavy on this teasing text.
  • Breaks: I feel like most people are asking for shorter breaks and less of them, and I concur with this request. Is that the general consensus? Should there be on-screen content during the breaks? Should the teasing continue in the form of text comments asking the viewer to continue stimulation, or should it just be a break?
  • Length and "Level" of videos: Honestly, I think this type of video has now been released often enough that the "lower difficulty levels" are no longer necessary, meaning that most current releases are going to be longer with more chapters or individual levels within one video. Am I right in assuming that fans would prefer the longer videos, or might some of you prefer multiple shorter videos instead? I ask because I intend for my first release to be 9-12 chapters or levels in length.
  • Video content: I've noticed that several of the CH videos use mostly "amateur" style videos, most likely downloaded from some tube site. I myself generally subscribe to one or two paysites at any given time, and I have a decent sized library of more highly produced video that I intend to use. Would this be breaking from some sort of precedent from a purist standpoint?
    Also, I feel like the most favorable progression as far as video content is one that would start out with some sort of softcore, stripteasing, and then slowly progress into more hardcore material. Initially, I'd be trying to stick to mainly POV style videos throughout. Does that sound appropriate?
  • Audio content: I'd like to be able to find some good music tracks with dynamic rhythms if anyone can point me in a good direction for that? I am a fan of trance and house style beats and artists, but not certain if I can come up with anything where the beat does not stay at close to the same pace throughout.
    Also, I could use some pointers as to how to drop and re-add audio out of certain parts of the piece, or have reduced volume on the music during certain scenes where I would like the audio from the video being used to be heard, in case anyone with experience making these videos is reading this?
  • Rules changes: I'm kicking around the idea of changing some of the rules, but I'm worried about turning off some of the many satisfied followers of the previous series. What I'm considering is having the player accidentally cumming too soon be the only way for them to "lose," and giving xp for completing individual scenes that can then be used later during the same video, instead of making them start over each time they edge off the beat. Would this go too far in changing the format that fans have grown accustomed to?
  • And finally, is there any specific permissions needed to actually use the phrase "Cock Hero" in the title of my own video?
If you have input on any or all of these questions, I'd love to hear from you. With your help I'll have a much better shot at creating the next great video tease. :)
hiphopanonymous
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Potential Cock Hero Contributor Seeking Input from Fans

Post by hiphopanonymous »

A lot of what you're asking seems to be based around preference and taste. I'd argue that your best way to find out if something is right is to play it yourself. The only thing that really has a hard answer is about the beats and the meter:
  • Meter - if you can't/won't have a meter, you MUST have perfectly-clear beat indicators if you're going to make adhering to the beat a rule
  • Beat Patterns - DO NOT change up beat patterns if you're not going to have the meter. You're asking for trouble. At best you'll distract people as they're waiting for the change to happen. At worst the change happens immediately and they either are forced to cheat because the game was poorly made or they lose immediately. With the meter, there's the ability for a little pre-warning by being able to see the next couple beats.
bookworm
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by bookworm »

climactic wrote:After reading through several threads I've come up with the following:
  • The on-screen stroke meter: Is not having it a deal breaker?
  • It seems to me that everyone is in agreement that variance in rhythm speed is preferable to adding odd patterns to the beat. Would you say that this is a correct assessment?
  • On screen tease text, good or bad?
  • Breaks: I feel like most people are asking for shorter breaks and less of them, and I concur with this request. Is that the general consensus? Should there be on-screen content during the breaks? Should the teasing continue in the form of text comments asking the viewer to continue stimulation, or should it just be a break?
  • Am I right in assuming that fans would prefer the longer videos, or might some of you prefer multiple shorter videos instead? I ask because I intend for my first release to be 9-12 chapters or levels in length.
  • Video content:
    Also, I feel like the most favorable progression as far as video content is one that would start out with some sort of softcore, stripteasing, and then slowly progress into more hardcore material. Initially, I'd be trying to stick to mainly POV style videos throughout. Does that sound appropriate?
  • Audio content: I'd like to be able to find some good music tracks with dynamic rhythms if anyone can point me in a good direction for that? I am a fan of trance and house style beats and artists, but not certain if I can come up with anything where the beat does not stay at close to the same pace throughout.
  • Rules changes
  • And finally, is there any specific permissions needed to actually use the phrase "Cock Hero" in the title of my own video?
If you have input on any or all of these questions, I'd love to hear from you. With your help I'll have a much better shot at creating the next great video tease. :)
Well I can't answer all your questions and anything I say is influenced by my personal tastes.

The stroke meter is a distraction and there have been a few teases posted without it.
I find gradually increasing pace very effective but also certain patterns seem to be effective 12-1234 is a personal favorite. Very complicated patterns are a distraction.
Breaks are good as you can get people to stroke during the break (hard) or rest (easy.) Some content is nice during the break. Nobody likes staring at a blank screen as their cock wilts.
Longer segments (5 minutes or more) and a total length of about an hour suits me.
I don't like hard core content, particularly if a male is involved. I like single girl or lesbian content with lots of big breasts, masturbation and dildo action. I am sure other players would like very different content.
I like amateur content especially from sites like FTV.
I would love to stroke to some tracks from the Chemical Brothers.
I never use the rules. I just like to lube up and get stroking.
I am sure the author's of the Cock Hero series would be happy for you to continue their good work.
andyp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by andyp »

Hi all,
Hi :)
I'm new to the site, and like many of you, I am delighted by the Cock Hero series and the game-
like format that the videos provide, although to be honest, I've only had the chance to watch about five of the many videos that are now available.
I myself love to fiddle around with video and audio editing, and will hopefully be contributing to the genre as soon as possible.

Currently, what I'm looking to do is get a little input from CH fans before I start working on a video, so that I can better understand what exactly people are interested in, and what they could do without.
Awesome :) The more the better!..
After reading through several threads I've come up with the following:

The on-screen stroke meter: Is not having it a deal breaker? I ask because after reading through the instructional thread I realize that adding it will mean acquiring and using a second piece of software. Without it I could simply do the whole thing on Sony Vegas, saving time and focus.
It seems to me that everyone is in agreement that variance in rhythm speed is preferable to adding odd patterns to the beat. I believe the reasons for this are, 1) the odd patterns don't have the same effect on the "player" as increased, steady rhythm, and 2) it causes a distraction as the "player's" attention is drawn to the bottom of the screen instead of viewing the content in its entirety. Would you say that this is a correct assessment?
Well, its down to taste i guess, some people love it and some don't. But to be fair you can always drag it off screen if its too much of an issue for you personally.

Lots of people like it and as a creator it does allow me more freedom with the beats, I don't have to worry that people cannot follow or know what to expect, if they get lost in the song/beat they just look down.

For me it should stay
On screen tease text, good or bad? I have read a couple of comments requesting that the number of teasing comments (the pink ones) be reduced, which to me is a little confusing, as I believe they are another tool to enhance the quality of the tease; another source of stimulation besides the video itself. Is the reason there have been requests to reduce them because they are distracting from the video, or is it possible that I am I reading too much into a couple of comments? I ask because my idea is to choose a model to serve as the hostess for my videos, integrating her into various parts of the tease with pictures and video, and I planned on being pretty heavy on this teasing text.
Good and bad I would say, some rounds need it as without it could be just a normal round. Some rounds that I have done in the past I've not been happy with and have been very very close to just binning off, however with a little more effort around a theme or angle (that the girl is playing) The text can set a round apart.

So, not really solid advice but if it adds to a round keep it, if the round is hot anyway I would bin it. (and this is what I tend to do in my newer vids, you will notice early rounds have it and later rounds don't)
Breaks: I feel like most people are asking for shorter breaks and less of them, and I concur with this request. Is that the general consensus? Should there be on-screen content during the breaks? Should the teasing continue in the form of text comments asking the viewer to continue stimulation, or should it just be a break?
Length and "Level" of videos: Honestly, I think this type of video has now been released often enough that the "lower difficulty levels" are no longer necessary, meaning that most current releases are going to be longer with more chapters or individual levels within one video. Am I right in assuming that fans would prefer the longer videos, or might some of you prefer multiple shorter videos instead? I ask because I intend for my first release to be 9-12 chapters or levels in length.
9-12 Wow!, With 9 to 12 you need a few breaks I would say, My vids have count down clocks on the breaks, I do this so as the viewer is sat watching the break images, hes always thinking "fuck only 15 seconds left i need to calm down" etc.... its a good way to make the break appear quicker than it actually is..
Video content: I've noticed that several of the CH videos use mostly "amateur" style videos, most likely downloaded from some tube site. I myself generally subscribe to one or two paysites at any given time, and I have a decent sized library of more highly produced video that I intend to use. Would this be breaking from some sort of precedent from a purist standpoint?

I would do what you like, variation is a good thing - What i like the next person will not some rounds you will get some negative feedback about the girl(s) etc, but hey does it matter, I don't think it does. You cant please everyone every time don't worry too much just get on and create it ;)...
Audio content: I'd like to be able to find some good music tracks with dynamic rhythms if anyone can point me in a good direction for that? I am a fan of trance and house style beats and artists, but not certain if I can come up with anything where the beat does not stay at close to the same pace throughout.
Also, I could use some pointers as to how to drop and re-add audio out of certain parts of the piece, or have reduced volume on the music during certain scenes where I would like the audio from the video being used to be heard, in case anyone with experience making these videos is reading this?
I tend to just use YouTube - find a popular song that has a good beat, stick it in YouTube. if you need a longer song add club or mix or extend to the end of the song name, summat will come up that fits. then http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and you have it as a mp3 :)

As for beat matching god its a night mare, Ill share my tips. Now i have never shared this before, I'm giving away the family silver here but hey, you don't need to start from the beginning like i did. I first determine what BPM my song is (http://www.mixmeister.com/bpmanalyzer/bpmanalyzer.asp). Then I generate my beat using hammerhead (http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/download.shtml) and export it to wav (a few minutes of the beat) I then add this to another layer of sound in my video editor and adjust the timing and length as necessary to match the song layer. (as well as the fade in and outs), once you get the hang of this you can knock audio together far far quicker than doing it beat by beat...

(Tip, play the song in mediaplayer, in hammerhead set a beat going and use mediaplayers pause/play button to try to sync the beats, you will know when its right and wrong just by listening)
Rules changes: I'm kicking around the idea of changing some of the rules, but I'm worried about turning off some of the many satisfied followers of the previous series. What I'm considering is having the player accidentally cumming too soon be the only way for them to "lose," and giving xp for completing individual scenes that can then be used later during the same video, instead of making them start over each time they edge off the beat. Would this go too far in changing the format that fans have grown accustomed to?
See comments re variation... just the same (new ideas are more than welcomed)
And finally, is there any specific permissions needed to actually use the phrase "Cock Hero" in the title of my own video
Not really no, feel free to use Cock Hero only one thing i would say is do something to set yours apart..

Vidi uses Cock Hero Flux most other creators just add something to the end, If i was you i would maybe look over the request thread, been a few requests for fetish CH's, so maybe thats something you would like to start with? duuno just and idea - you could do uniforms to start and build up to the harder stuff later on...
If you need any help or anyone to test your ideas PM me ill be happy to help.

Regards

Andyp
blacklobster
Explorer
Explorer

Post by blacklobster »

The on-screen stroke meter: Is not having it a deal breaker? I ask because after reading through the instructional thread I realize that adding it will mean acquiring and using a second piece of software. Without it I could simply do the whole thing on Sony Vegas, saving time and focus.
you can get both adobe programs easy and free for 30days , they dont take long to set up and the file in the cockhero creation thread pretty much has all the hard work done for you .

even if you decide not to use it in the final version its still worth trying it out .

goodluck and lookforward to see what you come up with in the end.
climactic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic »

hiphopanonymous wrote:A lot of what you're asking seems to be based around preference and taste.
bookworm wrote:Well I can't answer all your questions and anything I say is influenced by my personal tastes.
That's basically what I am looking for at the moment; a summary of personal preferences that I can use as a reference when creating a video.

Thank you for your input.

andyp wrote: Awesome :) The more the better!..
I appreciate your responding, andy.

Re: Stroke Meter and Beats:
hiphopanonymous wrote:
  • Meter - if you can't/won't have a meter, you MUST have perfectly-clear beat indicators if you're going to make adhering to the beat a rule
  • Beat Patterns - DO NOT change up beat patterns if you're not going to have the meter. You're asking for trouble. At best you'll distract people as they're waiting for the change to happen. At worst the change happens immediately and they either are forced to cheat because the game was poorly made or they lose immediately. With the meter, there's the ability for a little pre-warning by being able to see the next couple beats.
andyp wrote:Well, its down to taste i guess, some people love (the meter) and some don't. But to be fair you can always drag it off screen if its too much of an issue for you personally.

Lots of people like it and as a creator it does allow me more freedom with the beats, I don't have to worry that people cannot follow or know what to expect, if they get lost in the song/beat they just look down.

For me it should stay
bookworm wrote:I find gradually increasing pace very effective but also certain patterns seem to be effective 12-1234 is a personal favorite. Very complicated patterns are a distraction.
Fair enough; I'll most likely work in the meter then, as a visual reference. Those who don't like it can simply drag the video down a half an inch and it's gone.

Steady beats with increasing pace in; Complicated beats definitely out.

Re: On-screen Text:
andyp wrote:Good and bad I would say, some rounds need it as without it could be just a normal round. Some rounds that I have done in the past I've not been happy with and have been very very close to just binning off, however with a little more effort around a theme or angle (that the girl is playing) The text can set a round apart.

So, not really solid advice but if it adds to a round keep it, if the round is hot anyway I would bin it. (and this is what I tend to do in my newer vids, you will notice early rounds have it and later rounds don't)
Decent points. I'll attempt to use it sparingly. I'm leaning more towards having a "hostess" model show up throughout the tease, and having a second girl play the role of "bad cop," taunting the player toward an early climax, and then asking the viewer to suspend their disbelief that the text is coming directly from the hostesses. I feel like this is a potent way add another level of teasing to the project, which is what I'd imagine most viewers are most interested in; the concept of being teased mercilessly.

If I'm not mistaken, you may have used the good cop/bad cop routine in one of your latest releases? (Have not seen the video yet, but read through some of the feedback, and it seemed to be mostly positive in that regard)

Re: Breaks and Video Length:
bookworm wrote:Breaks are good as you can get people to stroke during the break (hard) or rest (easy.) Some content is nice during the break. Nobody likes staring at a blank screen as their cock wilts.

Longer segments (5 minutes or more) and a total length of about an hour suits me.
andyp wrote:9-12 Wow!, With 9 to 12 you need a few breaks I would say, My vids have count down clocks on the breaks, I do this so as the viewer is sat watching the break images, hes always thinking "fuck only 15 seconds left i need to calm down" etc.... its a good way to make the break appear quicker than it actually is..
bookworm's vision of about an hour's worth of total content and longer segments that provide more of a challenge is about in line with what I had in mind, so yeah, nearly a dozen chapters will be necessary, depending on the length of each segment.

During the breaks I'm thinking that rather than adding some random video footage, it would be a good opportunity to add the hostess(es) back into the mix with either video of their own or a sideshow style photo montage. The "good" hostess (playing the role of the easy mode) would offer a break, and also hand out level awards and explain what is allowed during the next segment (see Rules Change, above and below), while the "bad" hostess (playing the role of the hard mode) would coax the player to continue stroking, urge them toward edging, etc...

Re: Video Content:
andyp wrote:I would do what you like, variation is a good thing - What i like the next person will not some rounds you will get some negative feedback about the girl(s) etc, but hey does it matter, I don't think it does. You cant please everyone every time don't worry too much just get on and create it ;)...

...If i was you i would maybe look over the request thread, been a few requests for fetish CH's, so maybe thats something you would like to start with? duuno just and idea - you could do uniforms to start and build up to the harder stuff later on...
Yeah, I have some pretty good ideas of where I'm going to go with the project, and yes, I've read through the suggestion/request thread.

I'll probably leave the fetish, or kinkier stuff to someone who can do it better justice and focus on what interests me personally; that being high-quality images of beautiful models, slow solo teasing leading into masturbation, and eventually plenty of POV-style girl-on-cock action. (Yes, bookworm, your request for all-female content has been noted, but there seems to be plenty of interest in handjobs, blowjobs and titty-fucking, all of which can be expected.

Tease, tease and more tease, denial, and ultimately, satisfaction, all within the same, single video will be my approach.

At least for the first installment, I'll be following a theme centered on ladies who are generously endowed in the upper-body area, since that seems to be a common request, and is also a favorite niche of mine (yes, that means lots of big, soft titties :) ...I prefer natural, but properly done implants can also be quite nice, however, silicone constructs with the appearance of fully-inflated volley balls and the consistency of a bag of rocks need not apply).

If anyone knows of any specific content that may fit the above-mentioned themes, feel free to PM it to me, and I may include it in the video.

Re: Audio Content:
andyp wrote:I tend to just use YouTube...

As for beat matching...
Fantastic! Thanks for filling my toolbox.

I have had some early success in finding appropriate music as well.

Re: Rules Changes:
andyp wrote:See comments re variation... just the same (new ideas are more than welcomed)
Understood. I believe I've come up with a method that's more to my liking without straying too far from the established formula.

Re: Title Permission:
andyp wrote:Not really no, feel free to use Cock Hero only one thing i would say is do something to set yours apart..

Vidi uses Cock Hero Flux most other creators just add something to the end...
Cool. I'm thinking "Cock Hero Tribute" would be fitting.

andyp wrote:If you need any help or anyone to test your ideas PM me ill be happy to help.
I'm sure I'll have more technical questions, but I'll save those for when I actually start working and they're not just theoretical.

For now I have to finish watching all of the existing videos too make sure I'm not re-using content (I can think of worse ways to waste a few hours ;)). Currently I've only seen CH 1-6 and Flux 1-4.

Thanks for the advice! :)

If anyone else out there has any input, feel free to add to this.
Gsus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gsus »

You've basically got everything right in your first post.

As far as the pink text I believe that there's good and bad pink text.

Bad pink text is just chatter and adds nothing, I'd avoid that.

Good pink text makes it more difficult. For example in Round 9 CH5 I found the pink text was perfect. You see the two girls and it tells you they're going to rim each other. Perfect.

I sometimes find when I'm watching a new CH episode that a round starts and I find myself a bit reluctant to get into it if it seems that she's just going to wave her tits about and dance. When the pink text comes up and tells me at the start that it's going to get dirty then the anticipation kicks in.

Conversely I don't find myself engaged by conversational pink text which is supposedly coming from the girl herself, unless it's there to tease about what's coming next.. and even then I don't think it matters that it's coming from her.

The beats thing is spot on, there's been lots of rounds ruined by a complex beat that makes it far too easy.

Yellow text on the other hand is helpful. The beat meter is a fallback and I can ignore it and focus on the girl when I'm confident about the beat. When the yellow text comes up and tells me what the beat is then I find I don't need to look at the beat meter so much... which makes it much harder.

There's a couple of techniques that are finding themselves as regular successes now.

As far as content is concerned... Andy has been doing great by taking a soft dancing scene but putting hardcore sections in it. See CH11 and 12 round 1 for this. I think it's great.

At the end of many rounds there's a double time. That's a real breaker for me and not only do I often lose then, I lose more easily in the round if I know there's double time coming. Sometimes the beat of the round is enough that I'm nearly there but can hold back, and it's the double time that really beats me (which is good!).

There's also content appearing which is masturbation instructions with a beat overlaid. I'm finding that pretty good, although in many cases it's not quite fast or difficult enough. I do think it's great content though.

The earlier ones use amateur content from streaming sites. I think the main ones now all use 1080p or 720p content. They're now rendered in 720p (1080p is overkill I think and most other people seem to agree since there's been no complaints). I think now it'd need to be 720p to match, unless there was a compelling reason otherwise. That does make it difficult to get the more unusual stuff though of course.

As far as length there are some rounds that have parts in the middle that are just filler and don't really bring me any closer to losing. However they're few and far between, as far as length is concerned the best thing to avoid is the short rounds.

As far as breaks are concerned, I skip them unless it's Flux and depending if I think the video is hot or not I'll watch and stroke.

I think if you were doing an episode and each round was quite short and intense breaks might be good for me, but otherwise I tend to skip them to increase the difficulty.

People seem generally to be happy with harder difficulty, you're right about that.

I don't know about everybody else, but for me cock hero is all about me having no control over my arm as it has to obey the video and me trying my hardest to either lose or not lose, depending on my mood. I think that's another reason why I (and perhaps others) dislike the complex beats because it takes the arm off autopilot.

It's also important to realise I'm just a viewer and quite probably people will disagree with everything I say! :)
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

climactic wrote:
  • The on-screen stroke meter: Is not having it a deal breaker? I ask because after reading through the instructional thread I realize that adding it will mean acquiring and using a second piece of software. Without it I could simply do the whole thing on Sony Vegas, saving time and focus.
Ive havent yet tried a cock hero video, so I am not sure exactly what the stroke meter is, but from other things where Ive seen stroke meters, it usually consists of a bar of some kind moving up and down which shows how fast you are required to stroke.

If so, there would be plenty of ways to make this just with vegas. You could use media generators to make a solid colour, then use masking and keyframing to make it move up and down. Or you could just import a previous CH video and use masking to steal the stroke meter from there..?
climactic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic »

Excellent feedback, Gsus; much appreciated!
Gsus wrote:As far as the pink text I believe that there's good and bad pink text.

Bad pink text is just chatter and adds nothing, I'd avoid that...
Agreed; although I think I can do a very good job with the teasing text. We'll have to see.

I hadn't thought of using it to drop hints about the forthcoming action. That's a good idea.

Gsus wrote:As far as content is concerned... Andy has been doing great by taking a soft dancing scene but putting hardcore sections in it. See CH11 and 12 round 1 for this. I think it's great.
Yes, I noticed a bit of that in CH 5, I believe. I agree that it's a nice addition.

I've experimented in the past with similar kinds of editing while creating videos for personal use, so I'd say you can expect some of that from anything I create.

Gsus wrote:There's also content appearing which is masturbation instructions with a beat overlaid. I'm finding that pretty good, although in many cases it's not quite fast or difficult enough. I do think it's great content though.
Also agreed. I'm wondering just how much freedom the software will give me to drop/add audio, even if I wanted to do it in the middle of a segment, lowering the volume of the music track and raising the audio of the video clip to allow the model to be heard momentarily, for instance?

Gsus wrote:As far as length there are some rounds that have parts in the middle that are just filler and don't really bring me any closer to losing. However they're few and far between, as far as length is concerned the best thing to avoid is the short rounds.

As far as breaks are concerned, I skip them unless it's Flux and depending if I think the video is hot or not I'll watch and stroke.
I plan on remedying this by offering themed videos, and then sticking with that theme throughout. For example, I mentioned that my first project will have a big tits theme, thus, if that is something you're into, you'll not find any rounds to be just filler or be compelled to fast-forward. Of course this runs the risk of turning off those who are not fans of a particular niche, but that's a necessary consequence in creating something that at least a segment of the viewers will enjoy in its entirety.

I also plan of having "breaks" in name only, as they'll be filled with content as well, and will only serve as a segue into the next round.

Gsus wrote:I don't know about everybody else, but for me cock hero is all about me having no control over my arm as it has to obey the video and me trying my hardest to either lose or not lose, depending on my mood. I think that's another reason why I (and perhaps others) dislike the complex beats because it takes the arm off autopilot.
That's an interesting way of looking at it. Again, the complex beats are definitely out.

Gsus wrote: It's also important to realise I'm just a viewer and quite probably people will disagree with everything I say! :)
Hey, the viewer is the most important figure in this process, without whom there would be no incentive to put in the work necessary to create these videos.

Also, he who speaks up is the most likely to find his ideas/suggestions contained in the finished product! :)

cumhardy wrote: Ive havent yet tried a cock hero video, so I am not sure exactly what the stroke meter is, but from other things where Ive seen stroke meters, it usually consists of a bar of some kind moving up and down which shows how fast you are required to stroke.

If so, there would be plenty of ways to make this just with vegas. You could use media generators to make a solid colour, then use masking and keyframing to make it move up and down. Or you could just import a previous CH video and use masking to steal the stroke meter from there..?
This would be best answered by either andyp or vindicare, as I've yet to dig into the software, and being a novice with anything but simple editing on windows movie maker, some of what your suggesting sounds like greek to me.

It does, however, not sound very difficult.
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by supermokkori »

climactic wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the site, and like many of you, I am delighted by the Cock Hero series and the game-like format that the videos provide, although to be honest, I've only had the chance to watch about five of the many videos that are now available.

Firstly climactic, welcome to Milovana! :-D

It's great to have a new video tease contributor and hopefully, my feedback from my video tease creating experience will be of benefit to you here. :yes: With that said, going to breakdown each of your points here:
climactic wrote:After reading through several threads I've come up with the following:
The "stroke meter" isn't a deal breaker - it just depends on what you want to achieve.

Personally, I like the stroke meter when it's used fully - with it, you can do much more complex and varying stroke beat rhythms with the most precision. And if you're playing with 'Cock Hero" rules, missing a beat has a penalty/perk attached to it - having the stroke meter really helps in keeping with the rules.

Now, the downside of the Stroke Meter for me is that I often focus too much on the Stroke Meter that I miss out the sexy action that's going on. I'm also not alone on this point; from the feedback I've received from my Stroker Ace video tease, many people commented how they enjoyed actually "watching" the hot girls in sexy action rather than focusing too much on watching the "stroke meter".

Overall, adding a Stroke Meter is nice if you plan on doing some complex stroke beats that require precise stroking, but it's definitely not a deal breaker.

climactic wrote:[*]It seems to me that everyone is in agreement that variance in rhythm speed is preferable to adding odd patterns to the beat. I believe the reasons for this are, 1) the odd patterns don't have the same effect on the "player" as increased, steady rhythm, and 2) it causes a distraction as the "player's" attention is drawn to the bottom of the screen instead of viewing the content in its entirety. Would you say that this is a correct assessment?
When you say "odd patterns to the beat", I'm guessing you mean beats that aren't aligned with the music being played? I think odd patterns can be done as long as there is a "pattern"; otherwise, I would agree that if you added odd stroke beats at random beats, that might cause most viewers to be keeping their eyes too much on the stroke meter rather than on the sexy ladies. :yes:
climactic wrote:[*]On screen tease text, good or bad? I have read a couple of comments requesting that the number of teasing comments (the pink ones) be reduced, which to me is a little confusing, as I believe they are another tool to enhance the quality of the tease; another source of stimulation besides the video itself. Is the reason there have been requests to reduce them because they are distracting from the video, or is it possible that I am I reading too much into a couple of comments? I ask because my idea is to choose a model to serve as the hostess for my videos, integrating her into various parts of the tease with pictures and video, and I planned on being pretty heavy on this teasing text.
Sometimes the on screen text can be a bit annoying but to me, it's never bad so long as it's done for a purpose (i.e. upcoming beat changes) or for a theme (i.e. pink vs blue).

The idea you're planning on introducing sounds pretty cool and it somewhat similar to what utopia did for his "Mr. Edger" video tease series and for the most part, it works quite well in his video series. Now, if you plan on adding a picture of the hostess during the actual video action, that might be a tad bit distracting, especially if there's text to go with it. One thing I suggest doing - which I did when testing ideas - is to do up a "sample" of your teaser, incorporating the ideas and format you plan on using in the final version just to test it out. :yes: I did this before my final video tease and it really helped getting feedback to avoid some of my "bad" ideas. :blush:
climactic wrote:[*]Breaks: I feel like most people are asking for shorter breaks and less of them, and I concur with this request. Is that the general consensus? Should there be on-screen content during the breaks? Should the teasing continue in the form of text comments asking the viewer to continue stimulation, or should it just be a break?
Well, the idea of having breaks in-between sessions is to give viewers a chance to "recovery" so they can continue a pleasurable stroking experience. The challenge here is trying to find a good balance of time that isn't too long (so that they don't lose their arousal) or isn't too short (so they can recovery enough without climaxing too soon). Personally, I think the balance is between 30-60 seconds - I think if you plan on making the breaks 60 seconds or longer, it might help to have "stimulating" footage of images during these breaks. :-)
climactic wrote:[*]Length and "Level" of videos: Honestly, I think this type of video has now been released often enough that the "lower difficulty levels" are no longer necessary, meaning that most current releases are going to be longer with more chapters or individual levels within one video. Am I right in assuming that fans would prefer the longer videos, or might some of you prefer multiple shorter videos instead? I ask because I intend for my first release to be 9-12 chapters or levels in length.
I think fans of these type of videos will definitely appreciate longer videos. With that said, I think it's fine and probably wise to start off with "lower difficulty levels" early all the same as new viewers to the whole 'Cock Hero' type videos will get a chance to get used to what's going on and veterans will get a nice "warm-up" before things get more intense. :yes:

One thing I want to impart is how much WORK it's going to take if you're going to be doing more than 6+ scenes. It took me around a month to gather all the videos, select what videos worked best, get the right music and finally edit everything for 9 sessions/chapters. It was a freaking assload of work to do right, so just keep that in mind when things get really tedious (especially when laying out the stroke beats on-top of the music).

climactic wrote:[*]Video content: I've noticed that several of the CH videos use mostly "amateur" style videos, most likely downloaded from some tube site. I myself generally subscribe to one or two paysites at any given time, and I have a decent sized library of more highly produced video that I intend to use. Would this be breaking from some sort of precedent from a purist standpoint?
Hmm... Not since the original videos that lalaland originated, I don't think any of the recent creators have been using "mostly" amateur style videos - and they certainly didn't download them from tube sites, as both vindicare and andyp have been making 720p and 1080p resolution versions. So no, I don't think you're breaking any precedent from that standpoint.

I think the video content progression is a standard for most of the creators and a good one - it's nice to warm-up to to girls striping and masturbating as that's a nice way to get things started. However, you don't need to follow this format at all - heck, you can start off with a POV handjob tease sequence and that would work too!
Overall, I think the slight majority of Cock Hero fans like seeing solo girls or lesbian scenes only; that's not to say you shouldn't have any hardcore scenes, but the feedback I've seen in the Cock Hero series and from my video tease is that the preference by the slight majority is for solo/lesbian action only. But like I said, you should do what you feel like works best for the theme - that certainly didn't stop me (and most of the Cock Hero creators) from including hardcore scenes in our video teases.
climactic wrote:[*]Audio content: I'd like to be able to find some good music tracks with dynamic rhythms if anyone can point me in a good direction for that? I am a fan of trance and house style beats and artists, but not certain if I can come up with anything where the beat does not stay at close to the same pace throughout.
Andyp pretty much answered this point completely - I also use youtube to search through tons and tons of music that fits what I wanted in my video tease.
climactic wrote:[*]Rules changes: I'm kicking around the idea of changing some of the rules, but I'm worried about turning off some of the many satisfied followers of the previous series. What I'm considering is having the player accidentally cumming too soon be the only way for them to "lose," and giving xp for completing individual scenes that can then be used later during the same video, instead of making them start over each time they edge off the beat. Would this go too far in changing the format that fans have grown accustomed to?
That really depends on what you want to do, but by no means are you restrained to doing a video tease strictly by the 'Cock Hero' rules. Utopia's 'Mr. Edger' series has modified 'Cock Hero' rules and even adds a couple new wrinkles to make it quite neat. My 'Stroker Ace' video tease uses fewer rules than the traditional 'Cock Hero' series. I would say, if you're going to call it a 'Cock Hero' video in the title, it's best to follow the 'Cock Hero' rules as most fans of the series would expect the rules to be the same.
climactic wrote:[*]If you have input on any or all of these questions, I'd love to hear from you. With your help I'll have a much better shot at creating the next great video tease. :)
I think the most important thing when you're making this video is to be sure that YOU yourself would enjoy the video tease. If you don't enjoy your own end product, then it's hard to imagine other members doing the same, no?

Oh don't worry about re-using content from previous video teases; if you've seen a hot scene from a previous video tease that you feel you could really remix to your own style, you should do it!

Lastly, I stated it earlier but it's worth repeating - you should create a "sample teaser" of what your planing on doing for your video tease, to get additional feedback. It helped me immensely filtering out bad ideas and getting good feedback from the always helpful Milovana members. 8-)

So, good luck with your video editing and looking forward to seeing your contribution! :thumbsup:
vindicare
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by vindicare »

I can't believe how much feedback this thread is giving lol!!! This is really helping =)

I'll add my thoughts later when I have more time!

Cheers and good luck!
//vindi
Gsus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Gsus »

When you say "odd patterns to the beat", I'm guessing you mean beats that aren't aligned with the music being played?
I'm not sure you've understood this correctly. I'd say the opposite was better. That you are better to simplify the beat of the song with an overlaid bass beat than you are to carefully follow it, even if that means having it aligned but where the song skips a couple of beats to ignore that and keep them in the tease. Although I think there would be a subjective thing and difficult to produce a hard and fast rule when to deviate from the song's beat a little for simplicity and when it would detract too much.

As for the beat meter, I'd rather than say it allows more complex beats, I'd say it helps players grasp what the beat is visually more quickly than they would do if they had to concentrate and hear it.

I also find the "It's 1234-5-6" type instructions very helpful.

Really though, anything that helps me get the beat automatically going without having to listen intently or watch the beat bar.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by cumhardy »

climactic wrote:
cumhardy wrote: Ive havent yet tried a cock hero video, so I am not sure exactly what the stroke meter is, but from other things where Ive seen stroke meters, it usually consists of a bar of some kind moving up and down which shows how fast you are required to stroke.

This would be best answered by either andyp or vindicare, as I've yet to dig into the software, and being a novice with anything but simple editing on windows movie maker, some of what your suggesting sounds like greek to me.

It does, however, not sound very difficult.

Just search youtube for a vegas tutorial, Im pretty good with vegas so if you need any help, you can PM me if you want. Ill use less gibberish terms next time.

but when I say about masking and keyframes, I think that would be the best thing to learn if you did want to add a stroke meter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ny9JE9 ... ure=relmfu
climactic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by climactic »

Yeah, I've already checked out a bunch of tutorials, and I'm finding it fairly simple to work with the software.

If working with graphics is as easy as working with audio/video/text then I should be able to create the meter right in Vegas.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the link.
Takenaga
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Takenaga »

I discovered this website and the CH teases only last week, but I'm addicted already.

Giving hints about the stroking technique (full hand, two fingers, backhand, etc.) and the zone (full, shaft, head, etc.) would be a nice addition and variation to the series.

Looking forward to your work...
Try GuideMe or TeaseMe to play Milovana Teases offline or create your own offline teases with highres images and videos... don't forget to support milovana and rate the online teases!