TOTM- Lame?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
ordered
Explorer
Explorer

TOTM- Lame?

Post by ordered »

Sorry, guys, I usually try to be more positive- generally speaking. With that said, is this website reverting to a place for horny guys to jack it to pics of hot chics? (for free)

For awhile, the teases were very creative, new things that some of us may or may not be "into", but cool stuff that open minds could appreciate, teases which made us "explore your sexuality" as I thought the site described itself... After this latest spam of 1.2 rated teases of some creepy perv asking for a mistress to serve him just because he desired, now the TOTM's are back, but the totm winner is just pics of hot chics and instructions to wank for XXX amount of time? As far as we've come since the early (classic) teases?

REALLY?
Lame.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: TOTM- Lame?

Post by Evals »

ordered wrote:Sorry, guys, I usually try to be more positive- generally speaking. With that said, is this website reverting to a place for horny guys to jack it to pics of hot chics? (for free)

For awhile, the teases were very creative, new things that some of us may or may not be "into", but cool stuff that open minds could appreciate, teases which made us "explore your sexuality" as I thought the site described itself... After this latest spam of 1.2 rated teases of some creepy perv asking for a mistress to serve him just because he desired, now the TOTM's are back, but the totm winner is just pics of hot chics and instructions to wank for XXX amount of time? As far as we've come since the early (classic) teases?

REALLY?
Lame.
Just looking, I see four 4.x teases on the front page, all with different authors. What I think you are experiencing is a general complacency with teases in general. I sort of know the feeling myself. After being here for quite a while, the new teases become more and more like the hundreds of older ones we've already seen. In other words, it's a psychological thing, I feel, more than an actual difference in teases being published.
Evals
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

maybe it's just not the season? For you or for the authors. For example as for me, sometimes I like teases a lot, and there are weeks I play them. But sometimes there are periods when I'm just not interested in OD, or the thought of it makes me sick (metaphorically of course =) ) They I just dont view the teases or milovana at all. After a while I come to like it all again.

Maybe it's just a period on the site when authors don't write too creative teases. I'm sure if that's the problem - it'll go back to normal after awhile. :wave:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
ordered
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ordered »

Thanks, you guys! That is, for pointing out that I'm very "normal" for not being in the mood... :lol:

...and for reminding me that I myself can be lame alot quicker than this site gets lame
(double, no, triple laughies!)
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

ordered wrote:Sorry, guys, I usually try to be more positive- generally speaking. With that said, is this website reverting to a place for horny guys to jack it to pics of hot chics? (for free)

REALLY?
Lame.
Well, my tease Maria Pavlova: The Edge of Insanity (Part 1) won the "classic" TOTM contest for July. Unfortunately, it was only put up on the home page for a few minutes. But it's the opposite of these "Cock Hero" video teases, and may be more of what you are looking for. ;-)

My tease Hot Summer at Model's Retreat (Part 3) was nominated for TOTM for August, but came in third place (even though it is rated more highly than the others in the contest, and is currently the 9th most highly rated tease on this site). Perhaps if you don't like the Cock Hero Ultimate tease you should have voted for a different one! :-D Only 49 votes were cast...
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

I have just checked and there are nearly 19, 000 members eligible to vote,
but the votes in the totm and the webteases is very low.

it seems the world over the only people that vote are the ones that care.

too often the moaners say "I don't vote because it does not matter what I want".

                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): I don't but think it could be fun.
Sub/Slave(s): My Wife

Post by Snot »

We have to vote for the winners? *feels really dumb*

I always thought that's what the rating system was for. =(

*Goes to look around the site*
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Snot wrote:We have to vote for the winners? *feels really dumb*

I always thought that's what the rating system was for. =(
No, the ratings are just that. The TOTM contests held monthly are based only on votes by registered users who actually take the trouble to vote. (Otherwise, since my tease was the highest rated from the previous month, it would have been declared the winner automatically...) :-D
I don't know the history, but one can imagine that the people who initially populated the site wanted to reward good work in ways other than just the ratings. I think that is a good idea, but it would be nice if a much more representative sample of members voted.
ordered
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ordered »

CactusMan- Yes, you do write good teases, thanks for sharing them with us!

I also thought the rating system determined the totm, but if it only counts when one is logged in, I'm not sure how often I've actually voted. I usually only log in in order to post, but not to just read the new teases. I guess my method of cheating the system doesn't work as well as I thought... (delete cookies, then go back and vote again) :-P
shell
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by shell »

My very small two cents worth.....

1. I haven't voted for teases in the past, because I felt that I should be doing the tease, not just reading it, to vote for it.
But I have reconsidered this and will be voting this month.

2. I have written one tease and really enjoyed the process from writing to what took place afterwards.
I didn't make the top "ten" list, so to speak, but it didn't bother me.
The first reward that gave me joy was the feedback that began to roll in.
The second was that because of that tease, it spawned a game that was fabulous, brought into my life two people that I have grown quite fond of, and earned me four glorious days of T&D for the four stars I got on the Tease.

I will write another, but I will do so for the feeling I get inside by doing it, not for the possibility of recognition by votes.

*steps back from the microphone, and smiles softly*
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

ordered wrote:CactusMan- Yes, you do write good teases, thanks for sharing them with us!

I also thought the rating system determined the totm, but if it only counts when one is logged in, I'm not sure how often I've actually voted. I usually only log in in order to post, but not to just read the new teases. I guess my method of cheating the system doesn't work as well as I thought... (delete cookies, then go back and vote again) :-P
Thanks for the kind words.

But you are still misunderstanding the mechanisms. The ratings on teases count for ratings whether or not you are logged in. That is completely separate from the TOTM poll, except that the teases selected to participate in the poll are determined by ratings. But the only thing that counts for the TOTM winner is votes cast in the poll for that minth's TOTM contest. You have to be logged in to vote in the poll, however.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

The IP addresses of voters are noted as are any other abnormalities.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

ordered wrote: but the totm winner is just pics of hot chics and instructions to wank for XXX amount of time? As far as we've come since the early (classic) teases?

REALLY?
Lame.
Have you SEEN the video of the current TOTM???
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
andyp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by andyp »

Some times this forum really does puzzle me, I get the impression at times that cock hero is not welcome here, and it's only tolerated because its not breaking the rules,

I don't get the deal, Cock hero is constantly rated above 4.x. I understand not everyone will like it but have you tried it? Give it the time of day?

Is it a case of I don't want to download x gig, so I'll rate it a one? I strongly believe that if you could only rate after download the cock hero teases would be rated higher. But I don't start threads calling other peoples work lame.

They take an extreme amount of work to create, and whilst I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion, I really wish they expressed it in a more constructive way

Did you vote for a totm? If you didnt I don't see how you can complain..

Maybe video teases don't fit here, and should move to a new home. This site is more about text/picture teases and pushing ones limits. Myself I know my limits and know what I like.. Call me closed minded if you want but it's who I am.

Andyp
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

andyp wrote:
I don't get the deal, Cock hero is constantly rated above 4.x.
Which means most of the people like it :-P
No ifs or buts.
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love: