saving flash tease

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
slyguy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

saving flash tease

Post by slyguy »

how can i save the flash tease onto my computer so that i can view it offline?!!? thanks!
chris100
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chris100 »

as far as i can tell sly, thats not an option at the moment, if it could be done it would put a huge demand on the server and probably cost a small fortune :-/

so on-line only m8

Chris
mrfire
Virtual Fireman
Virtual Fireman

Post by mrfire »

[moved from Art of Webteasing...]

On to your question... although it may be possible with some flash movies, I don't know that this tease can actually be saved to a hard drive with any ease.

Regardless, that sort of action does put a huge load on the server, and we tend to discourage that. Seraph0x specifically requests that we not use page grabbers here because of its effect on our server and the overall speed of the site.

In the future, though, as that thread notes, the option to download flash teases in their entirety may be available to visitors who join the optional/future sponsorship membership.

So for now, just visit the Milovana site to enjoy the flash teases. Hey, and you never know, one of the times you visit there might be another tease ready and waiting. :-)

p.s. - please don't double post the same question in multiple forums. I've deleted your subsequent post with the same question.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

:lol:

I'm kinda stating the obvious here but why don't you download PCM2 from here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcmistress2/

And HoT2 from here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcmistressbr/

You'll probably have to fiddle around with it before it works, but in the end you'd have an offline version. :-)
dannywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Re: saving flash tease

Post by dannywanker »

slyguy wrote:how can i save the flash tease onto my computer so that i can view it offline?!!? thanks!
Not really..you see,the flash tease is split on the server side,so you can't download a single flv. file,nore use a web-loader,since has it's ,,yes/no,, things.
Basicaly,due the complexity of the tease,it's imposible to download a working flash to your computer.The issue resides on the server sides,and because you must add manually,,yes/no,, on certain parts,it's imposible to download automaticly.So no worries here...you must come back to the site.That flash is a huge work of art,I assume they worked months on it,it's that complex.It was not created in one day,I tell you that..and you won't be able to download it offline due to it's complexity.I am a computer expert..if you can download it offline,please tell me so I can do it too,dear.Fully functional,not image/recording.Every bit of flv. segments stay on the server,and they are automaticly cut when you have to say,,yes.no..,,so you tell me how you make this HUGE flash file working as a stand-alone unit.
Trust me.
D.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dannywanker wrote:Not really..you see,the flash tease is split on the server side,so you can't download a single flv. file,nore use a web-loader,since has it's ,,yes/no,, things.
Basicaly,due the complexity of the tease,it's imposible to download a working flash to your computer.The issue resides on the server sides,and because you must add manually,,yes/no,, on certain parts,it's imposible to download automaticly.So no worries here...you must come back to the site.That flash is a huge work of art,I assume they worked months on it,it's that complex.It was not created in one day,I tell you that..and you won't be able to download it offline due to it's complexity.I am a computer expert..if you can download it offline,please tell me so I can do it too,dear.Fully functional,not image/recording.Every bit of flv. segments stay on the server,and they are automaticly cut when you have to say,,yes.no..,,so you tell me how you make this HUGE flash file working as a stand-alone unit.
Trust me.
D.
Wow, someone needs to work on his punctuation. I wanna clarify a bit about this: The FlashTease viewer would theoretically work offline, all you would need is to keep a full copy of all media and the script that drives the tease. We are planning to allow sponsors to download FlashTeases in the future, but right now the FlashTease editor has priority.

So in short: It's not possible now, but will be in a few months (for sponsors).
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Can anyone imagine what all the downloads would cause for a traffic?Never forget this site is free and has no ads ;-)
Try or die
dannywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dannywanker »

Wow, someone needs to work on his punctuation. I wanna clarify a bit about this: The FlashTease viewer would theoretically work offline, all you would need is to keep a full copy of all media and the script that drives the tease. We are planning to allow sponsors to download FlashTeases in the future, but right now the FlashTease editor has priority.

I repeat..the flash tease WOULD NOT work offline,due to the yes/no imput from the receiver!!!...you are talking about a stand alone flv.file,I'm telling you this is a ,,complex,, file,impossible to download offline!!!
Trust me,I'm a computer expert.
In theory,that could be possible,but not as in the html ,maybe as a stand alone program(which will defy the reasons)
You can't KEEP a copy of media as long as media forces you to say,,yes/no every 10 minutes....ponder about it.Are you a programer?
The ONLY way is to create a stand-alone program,with it's own sub-programming,independent of the html.(off-line)
Which means...create a self-suficient program,independent of the web.
D.
Binary
CPU Whisperer
CPU Whisperer

Post by Binary »

dannywanker wrote:

I repeat..the flash tease WOULD NOT work offline,due to the yes/no imput from the receiver!!!...you are talking about a stand alone flv.file,I'm telling you this is a ,,complex,, file,impossible to download offline!!!
In theory,that could be possible,but not as in the html ,maybe as a stand alone program(which will defy the reasons)
You can't KEEP a copy of media as long as media forces you to say,,yes/no every 10 minutes....ponder about it.Are you a programer?
The ONLY way is to create a stand-alone program,with it's own sub-programming,independent of the html.(off-line)
D.

- Removed -

Edit : Apparant sense of humor failure :whistle: Sorry :innocent:
Last edited by Binary on Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
dannywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dannywanker »

Even though I am not sure exactly how the flash tease system works, I am pretty sure that it downloads the full script at the start of running the tease instead of constantly requesting individual pieces - reducing server strain.
This seems like one of the stupidest posts we have had in a while. Either that or the author is a joke and I am having a sense-of-humor failure.
Relax,i was joking...hehehe..no need to go wild on me,dear.Save that tease and send it to me on email,so i'll know how you did it.I am not a programer,by the way.so you could have a point there.Kisses..:)

D.
Binary
CPU Whisperer
CPU Whisperer

Post by Binary »

dannywanker wrote:
Even though I am not sure exactly how the flash tease system works, I am pretty sure that it downloads the full script at the start of running the tease instead of constantly requesting individual pieces - reducing server strain.
This seems like one of the stupidest posts we have had in a while. Either that or the author is a joke and I am having a sense-of-humor failure.
Relax,i was joking...hehehe..no need to go wild on me,dear.Save that tease and send it to me on email,so i'll know how you did it.I am not a programer,by the way.so you could have a point there.Kisses..:)

D.
Sorry for being mean <3

I can't save the tease and send it to you, but the file would probably consist of something like viewer.swf, viewer.html, teasedata.dat, and an image folder, if that helps you imagine it.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dannywanker wrote:I repeat..the flash tease WOULD NOT work offline,due to the yes/no imput from the receiver!!!...
Yes, it would work. The yes/no input is not interpreted by the server, but by the Flash Player (ActionScript). So if you package the script together with the FlashTease viewer swf, you're set.
dannywanker wrote:you are talking about a stand alone flv.file,
No, I am not. The FlashTease does not contain a flv, nor would one be necessary to do a download.

Flv stands for "FLash Video" and as long as you're not using any videos, you don't need any flvs. ;-)

dannywanker wrote:I'm telling you this is a ,,complex,, file,impossible to download offline!!!
That might be the case, but you see, I wrote the FlashTease system, so I'm kinda the authority here. :-P

dannywanker wrote:In theory,that could be possible,but not as in the html ,maybe as a stand alone program(which will defy the reasons)
D.
This is correct, but the FlashTease viewer already *is* a self-sufficient program. You can try it for yourself: Start the tease, then cap your Internet connection. You won't see any pictures, but the tease itself will work without a problem. :-)

Binary: I never wanna hear you call a member's post "stupid" again. :-| But since you already apologized: Let's forget it ever happened. :-)

With the technical side you're spot on, that's exactly the files you would need. But please don't waste time trying to package the FlashTease just to prove a point. :lol:

We'll offer a downloadable package soon enough. (Besides you would run into problems, for example the selection of random images is currently done by the server, so the viewer would also need some changes.)
dannywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dannywanker »

[quote
Sorry for being mean][/quote]

Not really..you cought a non-profesional trying to understand how it works..I have zero knowledge of programing,and you cought that.But in the end,all I wanted was to understand how it works,and you did that beautifully.No need to apologize,I should apologise to YOU for saying I'm a computer programer.I am not....

So..yes,I was an idiot...but thanks to you,and the others..(like seraph0x) I am less of an idiot,and now know how the flash thing works.
Your instincts were right...my desires to know how it works were also right,dear...and both got what we wanted.
love,danny(hope you won't hate me forever for saying I was a computer expert)..all I wanted was to know how it works..(seraph0x explained me very detailed)please forgive me again.
Now i know how it works...I was ones lost/but now..I'm saved...was blind..but now..I see!!!..thank you seraph0x!!!,,may the fortunes of gods give you diamands..may the rains of Thailand give you rice...may I Danny,make you rich in the stock-market..may you seraph0x be happy till you are 98 years old...may all my blessings and my powers be with everybody reading this...and may the creators of the flash-tease live forever.
I believe seraph0x is a such inteligent person(he beats me on programming...) That I have to sent the blessings for him.!) 10 millions dollars to run this beautiful site...or whatever you want.I am billionaire...and.. will sustein this site to the end.
D.(how you knew I was not a computer expert)
NoCumming4Me
Explorer
Explorer

Re: flash tease

Post by NoCumming4Me »

How do you make a flash tease?
ts
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: flash tease

Post by ts »

NoCumming4Me wrote:How do you make a flash tease?
Well - you use Nyx - The Milovana FlashTease Editor...

See:
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1033

ts