Tease of the Month, October 2010

You can find important news and current events here.

Who's your choice for Tease of The Month?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Maria Pavlova, Part 6 - cactusman
24%
So you want to be humbled - slutty1
24%
Becoming a Cocksucker part 2 "Technique" - cockgod
12%
Captured and Interrogated - Bondageman
29%
Boomshine Edge Game - Mickie
12%

Total votes: 34

seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Tease of the Month, October 2010

Post by seraph0x »

It's my pleasure to present the next round for our monthly TOTM. October once again had some fantastic works to choose from. Good luck choosing a winner and enjoy checking out our fantastic nominees.

You can vote until November 18th.

Nominated Teases

Maria Pavlova, Part 6 - cactusman

So you want to be humbled - slutty1

Becoming a Cocksucker part 2 "Technique" - cockgod

Captured and Interrogated - Bondageman

Boomshine Edge Game - Mickie

As always, we hope that the members will take the time to recognize the authors whose hard work and talent go to making the site better for all of us! Thanks! Good luck to all the competitors and may the best tease win!

Rules:
The nominations are the 5 highest rated teases of the month. If two webteases have the same rating, the webtease with more votes will rank higher.

In case of a tie, a final round of voting will take place. Only the teases that were part of the tie can participate and the voting time is decreased to two days, to grant the winner's tease as much time as possible time on our front page.

Only one tease per author can participate. We'll use only the best rated tease for authors with multiple qualifying teases.

The voting system should be separated from the webtease itself. Hence webteases encouraging a vote for the TOTM to manipulate the system will not be nominated at the end of the month regardless of ranking.

The prize is a special user rank in our forum and a mark in the "Browse Teases" area.

Winner's Name

If your tease is nominated, please don't make any changes until the voting period is over, or you risk being disqualified.

If any issues happen that are not clarified by these rules the Team of Milovana has the right and the the duty to adjust the rules for finding the best and most fair solution to overcome this issue. There is no way for participants to affect a decision by the Team.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Tease of the Month, October 2010

Post by Nezhul »

Let's vote for flash teases already! I don't know why you ignore them... They give so much more functionality, and are much more fun. Okay, even if someone hates them - give them a chance! That's a lot of hard work too, you know. And it's worth it - flash teases are often much more well recieved, than other.

If you want different categories, better make it instruction-based and interactive stories. I doubt you can compare those. But you CAN compare flash teases to normal ones.

Come on, what's stopping you?!

Didn't vote for any, because there simply WASNT good stuff outside flash category. Those nominates are... well... nothing close to any of dozens flash teases this month. Nothin even REMOTLY close, if we talk about quality - IMHO. :-/

Check out the last TOTM. As Ritz said (and it's true), Kayden's maze would be much better in flash, but he wanted TOTM so make it a normal, fully knowing that it will suffer from this. But he wanted TOTM and he got it.
The moral of this story? Such limitations forsce some authors to make worse stuff than they could do.
Does the site or ANYONE really benefit from it? Well, maybe only lazy people who don't want to explore flash.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

It's an honor to have my tease be nominated in this competition, despite Nezhul's comments about the quality of my tease and the others as not being remotely as good as the flash teases. :-(

However, I would also like to have a similar vote happen for flash teases, which hasn't happened in a while. I have no horse in that race, but I agree that those authors should also be recognized. I don't feel the need to knock flash teases to defend the value of the regular non-flash teases, but I hope that Nezhul's suggestion to try to boycott this competition is not necessary in order to recognize the value of all authored contributions to this site.

I would mention to seraph0x that usually one can see the names of the authors above, but this time maybe there is some mistake in the formatting as all one can see are links where the authors names usually are.

As to the suggestion that voting be separated somehow by kind of tease, as in the suggested "instruction-based and interactive stories," I don't know who would make such distinctions or how they would do so reliably.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

My tuppence

when the flash teases first came out i hated them something rotten.

Over time both flash and normal teases have come on in leaps and bounds

What makes a good tease ?
Well for me it is to be able to immerse myself in the tease,
And enjoy the experience.

So what am i saying
Flash or normal can't make a crap story good.

But they both can improve the adventure in their own way.

les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I'm not trying to boycott the voting - vote as much as you like.
I'm just upset about the current state of things, and hope that next month flash teases may be added to TOTM nomination as well as normal ones.

Having another competition between flash teases ONLY as it was before - is not good. If a tease is good, it won't win only based on it's type, so as with bad ones. :-|
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:I'm not trying to boycott the voting - vote as much as you like.
I'm just upset about the current state of things, and hope that next month flash teases may be added to TOTM nomination as well as normal ones.

Having another competition between flash teases ONLY as it was before - is not good. If a tease is good, it won't win only based on it's type, so as with bad ones. :-|
I for one am biased to non flash.
My pet hate with flash are
"IMHO"
Inappropriate timers

Perhaps the answer is three competitions.

Month 1 they last three months flash,
Month 2 the last three months normal teases
month 3 the top 3 of the previous months for the tease of the quarter.

Still only one competition per month.

With the delays we've had this is a good time to implement a change.

les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

I agree. Flash teases don't receive the recognition they deserve. Flash tease writers such as Ritz, Uberman, Haggard316, and SexualChoc have put a lot of work into their teases. As a flash tease author writing a flash requires a lot of work but the rewards substantial. I also find flash teases more engaging than regular teases.

There was a Flash Tease of the Month but the voting ended in May for some reason. Perhaps its time to resurrect the Flash Tease of the Month.
Nezhul wrote:Let's vote for flash teases already! I don't know why you ignore them... They give so much more functionality, and are much more fun. Okay, even if someone hates them - give them a chance! That's a lot of hard work too, you know. And it's worth it - flash teases are often much more well recieved, than other.

If you want different categories, better make it instruction-based and interactive stories. I doubt you can compare those. But you CAN compare flash teases to normal ones.

Come on, what's stopping you?!

Didn't vote for any, because there simply WASNT good stuff outside flash category. Those nominates are... well... nothing close to any of dozens flash teases this month. Nothin even REMOTLY close, if we talk about quality - IMHO. :-/

Check out the last TOTM. As Ritz said (and it's true), Kayden's maze would be much better in flash, but he wanted TOTM so make it a normal, fully knowing that it will suffer from this. But he wanted TOTM and he got it.
The moral of this story? Such limitations forsce some authors to make worse stuff than they could do.
Does the site or ANYONE really benefit from it? Well, maybe only lazy people who don't want to explore flash.
storydejour
Explorer
Explorer

Post by storydejour »

Since we're on the subject of flash teases as they could relate to TOTM, I'll weigh in with my $0.02.

Though this is by no means scientific, my observation has been that flash teases tend to get much higher ratings than regular teases of what appear to me comparable quality. So please, please, please, don't mix the two or you'll be doing a great disservice to the authors of the best teases on the site.

Thank you.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I still think that it's wrong to separate flash teases from normal ones. They both do the same thing and have the same motives. Yea, off course, flash teases allow much more features to be done. But that advantage is not the reason to keep them off the voting. The feeling now is, that they are not included simply because most normal teases won't stand a chanse. :-|
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:I still think that it's wrong to separate flash teases from normal ones. They both do the same thing and have the same motives. Yea, off course, flash teases allow much more features to be done. But that advantage is not the reason to keep them off the voting. The feeling now is, that they are not included simply because most normal teases won't stand a chanse. :-|

That's why i suggested a play off

The 3 best flash V the three normal as voted

les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
hhhobo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hhhobo »

I agree with all of you who want to include flash teases. There are a lot of great regular teases, but lately the best teases have been flach teases. I hate to vote for a tease when there is a highly rated flash tease that is not included.
cockgod
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cockgod »

Indeed, bring back the flash tease of the month. I can understand the frustration as there is a great deal of work that goes into a flash tease, this much is obvious.

I would say keeping them separate would be a good thing. Not because one type is more consistently rated higher than another, but because I see them as two separate mediums of expression. Painting and Sculpture are judged separately at Art Shows. To judge them together would not allow for proper competition within the medium.

Regardless I don't think this was the proper thread to discuss this. It should be in the suggestions, or perhaps the all and everything sections. Wouldn't this threads purpose be better served by discussing (constructively) the teases nominated?
slutty1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slutty1 »

I like the idea of having a separate Flash TOTM poll. Sure, the regular & Flash teases could be combined into one vote, but why? Would it be so bad to have 2 winners each month instead of just 1? Anyway, I certainly won't be upset either way, as the TOTM award is not really why I make, rate, or do teases, and the winner rarely seems to be my favorite, anyways.

That being said, thanks for the favorable votes that got my last tease nominated for October!
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

if 2 winners should be - 2 panels on a main page should also be. Or it's still unfair, if there's 2 winners, but only normal TOTM is viewed on a main page.

My opinion - someone in administration just has a grudge against flash and is stubborn =P
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:if 2 winners should be - 2 panels on a main page should also be. Or it's still unfair, if there's 2 winners, but only normal TOTM is viewed on a main page.

My opinion - someone in administration just has a grudge against flash and is stubborn =P

Note response typed 10 am UK when Milovana was down.

Nezhul

Stop looking under soo many rocks.
that's why you find soo many nasty creepy crawly conspirices.

I think the flash tease competition was a bolt on that was started as a thread.
And so has never been properly amalgamated.
This is based on my remembering how things occurred.

As the voting has been down for a while that's why I suggested quarterly competitions.

Giving Webs and Flashes their own comps.

Followed by a head to head of Flash V Web

And so producing a compromise that gives all camps their own say.

Please take into account that all the admins have vanilla day jobs and are volunteers.

Three cheers for the admins, Hip Hip Hip.

When asking for ideas to be implemented.

One more thought Nezhul
Sooooo many people just CUM here,
Don't join, don't rate teases.
In fact flashteases alone can be rated without completing or even going past the opening.
Then when the vote occurs the number of voters rarely reaches 20 votes for the winner.

I must confess i enjoy your submissions in the main, even if i don't always comment
Or heaven forbid not agree.

Thanks for your input and food for thought.

Nezhul thank you.

les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR