Inbedded links

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Inbedded links

Post by les »

Many teases include links to different pages or different sites/videos etc.

Could these be made "Clickable" as they can be in the forums,

Rather than having to open new Tag/Window/Page,
With a copy and paste?

I tried a search and this Query appears to have not been raised.
I apologise if it has

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
ThomasKu
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Inbedded links

Post by ThomasKu »

Firefox users can add Linkification: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/190/
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

ThomasKu
Thank you

When used with FireFox's abilty to open a new tab when clicking with the wheel its perfect.

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Thanks Les for the suggestion! This has indeed been suggested before. The reason we don't allow links is that it may increase the amount of spam teases.

Also, we believe that links disrupt the tease experience because the user has to leave the page, follow the link and then come back. We realize they're mostly used to work around limitations of the classic tease system. But we are working on an improved system that will allow more flexibility (embedded videos, free programmability) and therefore reduce the need for links.

To sum it up: We don't have anything against authors using links, but we don't want to encourage it. We have to live with spam teases and phishing attempts, but we most definitely don't want to encourage them.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Dear seraph0x

I was more concerned about the teases that move from page to page, like subroutines, while remaing within the tease itself.

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ah! Actually that's been a thought that I've been toying with for quite a while, to look for "#" followed by a number in the text and automatically turn that into a link to that page.

Does anybody else have any thoughts on this? Good idea? Not good?
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

seraph0x wrote:Ah! Actually that's been a thought that I've been toying with for quite a while, to look for "#" followed by a number in the text and automatically turn that into a link to that page.

Well as someone who has been using Firefox with Linkification my experience with this has been completely positive, so I would call it a great idea. One thing I'd like added to it though is the ability to somehow change the wording in the link. So it looks like... "Would you like to go through Door 1 or Door 2" instead of "Would you like to go through Door 1 http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showt ... 466&p=23#t or Door 2 http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showt ... 466&p=36#t ?"

Perhaps this could be done by looking for a (name="insert links name here") tag immediately following the link?

========

Actually thinking about it turning anything into a link that's got # followed by a number might not be ideal. In my example above, I might have written Door #1 and Door #2 and that could cause some problems. Also, spammers could get around that fairly easily, as a lot of sites have pages with # followed by a number somewhere in the URL. Perhaps instead you might look for the string "http://www.milovana.com/webteases/*" or "www.milovana.com/webteases/*" and turn those into links.
bound-to-orgasm
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by bound-to-orgasm »

seraph0x wrote:Ah! Actually that's been a thought that I've been toying with for quite a while, to look for "#" followed by a number in the text and automatically turn that into a link to that page.

:thumbsup:

The question is a bit dated, but the answer is still relevant:

It would be great, if everybody can uses links to other sides of his tease in a classic tease.

I can understand that links to the web are not allowed, but links (only) to other tease pages would be fantastic!