Milovana Mobile Site

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Milovana Mobile Site

Post by bondageslave36 »

I am almost positive that this has been mentioned before, that's why I was surprised when I did a search for mobile, app and blackberry and came up with nothing. So, here it goes:

It would be great to be able to have a mobile version of Milovana available. There are a some teases that tell you to go to a public bathroom or shopping mall and perform a task or two, and it would also be great to have that kind of thing available while traveling (in a hotel without the laptop, etc.).

In my normal blackberry and my bolt browser, it takes a long time to load and the page doesn't render correctly. There are both horizontal and vertical scroll bars and it is very uncomfortable to use. I don't think it would be too hard to implement a way to detect a mobile device/browser and forward that user onto m.milovana.com or something. When that page loads, they are met with a simple Milovana logo and a small menu that has the option to login, browse the teases, view keywords, search teases or view favorites. I don't think urge or the chat room would be needed on the mobile version of the site, but the forum would be nice to have implemented, although it is not totally necessary.

Once a tease loads, you would be met with a split screen. On the left, a scaled down version of the picture. On the right, a box with text instructions in it that you can scroll through without moving the picture. The "continue" button is selected by default. So, when you press the trackball, you move on to the next page.

Obviously, the flash teases wouldn't be available to everybody right away, but I do hear RIM is working with Adobe to make a version of Flash available for the Blackberry (fingers crossed). I think that would take some additional work to make a mobile version of the flash viewer. For now, flash teases could all be hidden by default.

I really think it would add to a number of quality public humiliation webteases to the site and expand our tease options beyond the restrictive nature of being tethered to our home internet connections.

What does everybody think of this suggestion?
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: Milovana Mobile Site

Post by green »

I think seraph0x programmed milovana so that you would just need a new css template for that browser.

So I guess its something that could be done.

Though I'm not sure about how many people actually use those mobile devices for surfing milovana, and if its worth the effort.

Oh, and did you try changing the screen mode ? Often such browsers in mobile devices let you decide, If you want to stretch the page, or if you want to view it in original size and so on.

-green-
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by wonderbo »

I visit Milovana on my iPhone all the time. There are a few quirks/annoyances, but it is mostly usable. The experience could be greatly enhanced with a mobile site though.

(posted from my iPhone)
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

Yea, I tried different resolutions, it was slightly workable, but still annoying as hell. I think if I had a slightly bigger screen (Iphone-ish size), it would be alright.

I wonder how hard this would be to do... I'd love to see the mobile site.
uberbear01
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by uberbear01 »

If you haven't already, try downloading the free Opera browser for mobiles. It gives you many viewing options and is very clean and user-freindly.

I'm using it to browse right now.
He who koops and runs away, lives to koop another day.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

uberbear01 wrote:If you haven't already, try downloading the free Opera browser for mobiles. It gives you many viewing options and is very clean and user-freindly.

I'm using it to browse right now.
Thanks for the Opera suggestion. I am actually using Bolt and was able to kinda configure it so its workable, but I would still love to see a mobile version.

...just a suggestion, but thanks for all the other responses.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Yeah, I can see the benefits of a good mobile version definitely. But there are a lot of different devices out there and it's not trivial to get it to display on all of them equally well.

If we did a mobile version, we'd probably do one for iPhone/Android first, since those devices have by far the best browsers, so I don't need as much trickery to get things working. From there we may do even more simplified versions for other devices.
bondageslave36
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by bondageslave36 »

seraph0x wrote:Yeah, I can see the benefits of a good mobile version definitely. But there are a lot of different devices out there and it's not trivial to get it to display on all of them equally well.

If we did a mobile version, we'd probably do one for iPhone/Android first, since those devices have by far the best browsers, so I don't need as much trickery to get things working. From there we may do even more simplified versions for other devices.
That would be great, seraph. I would love to see if there was demand for that kind of thing, and see which devices people would want to use the site on before you put your time and effort into it. I think if you were to try it out with one or two mobile devices and see what the reaction is and go from there, it would be great.

If you need any suggestions, feel free to ask. I'm sure the community here will tell you what they think.
Teaser
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Dom (Male)
Dom/me(s): none
Sub/Slave(s): none at the moment.

Post by Teaser »

Would it be possible to have a mobile site that runs the teases on the iPhone? As it does no flash, it poses a problem for all the flash teases - which I like best as they are interactive. Are there plans to switch to HTML5 in the future for those, as flash is not future proof at all. Even youtube is moving away from flash format.

Also with the upcoming iPad there will be no flash, but the device would be ideal for teasing, as you would not be required to be at your PC all the time. Now I have sometimes my laptop beside me in bed as I normally stroke by laying on my belly bouncing on an air mattress (it's fun!), which is not feasable at a PC.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Teaser wrote:Are there plans to switch to HTML5 in the future for those, as flash is not future proof at all.
Yes, we started work on the next-generation tease system (codename "Mia") in early 2009. The new system is JavaScript-based.
g[mx]
Explorer
Explorer

Post by g[mx] »

seraph0x wrote:Yes, we started work on the next-generation tease system (codename "Mia") in early 2009. The new system is JavaScript-based.
Great to hear. :smile: Never really liked those flash teases.
lemming
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lemming »

Any update? I've tried everything i can think of to get flash teases working on iOS (iPad / iPhone / iPod touch)

Including using Vnc to a a real machine - but that doesn't send sound through (no metronome! Argh!)

I'll be trying "frash" once the untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak comes out, but I'm not hopeful that that will work either.

Anyone have an app that can pull this off?

When will html5 compliant teases arrive?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

akm3 wrote:When will html5 compliant teases arrive?
Primary development is mostly complete. We're planning to start private beta testing in the next few days. If everything goes well, we should have a public beta out in about two months.
lemming
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lemming »

I have multiple generations of iOS devices I can help test with if you need more beta testers. Thanks for the work you do, I wish I was more technical so I could help out.

Being able to use milovana from an iPad is enticing.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

akm3 wrote:Being able to use milovana from an iPad is enticing.
Having tested it: Yes it is. :-)

However, some quirks do exist: The iOS devices tend to play sound with a delay and a lot of other little bugs were fixed in the iOS 4 update, so that will probably be strongly recommended to upgrade to if possible for teases. We'll see how much of this I can work around by the time the final version rolls around.

Thanks for the offer to help test. Anybody with an Android phone reading this, please speak up, too! :)