problems with some jpg pictures

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
slavenothing
Explorer
Explorer

problems with some jpg pictures

Post by slavenothing »

Hello,

can anyone tell me why some jpg can not be uploaded to the editor? it seems like all pictures i downloaded the last days doesnt work, but all older pictures are no problem. where is the problem? why could that be?
vero88
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: problems with some jpg pictures

Post by vero88 »

Looks like i'm having the same issue now as well
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

This is a known issue for us creators as of last week. We have a partial workaround listed in the thread here: viewtopic.php?t=25860
slavenothing
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slavenothing »

indyc wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:40 pm This is a known issue for us creators as of last week. We have a partial workaround listed in the thread here: viewtopic.php?t=25860
i did know the problems the last months, but i thaught they are fixed. in this case they are back? damn, hope it could be fixed without coming back, i cant get on with my tease this way. i just cant get it why i can download pictures a have for years, but all the new ones doesnt work...that sounds so weird to me.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

These are new problems independent from the ones fixed in the last few months. I highly suggest trying that workaround. It is good enough for me to keep going even if it is objectively slower. There are only 2 other tease authors who come close to the number of images I use so it shouldn't be nearly as much of an impact for most.
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

indyc wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:15 pm
ritewriter wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:54 pm Hey can someone walk me through how to upload right now? Because I've tried refreshing my browser (in Firefox) and also renaming files and making sure they're jpeg instead of jpg, and nothing seems to work. I still can't upload.
Step 1: Go to https://milovana.com/editor/ and make a classic tease under whatever name you want.

Step 2: Upload whatever image(s) you were trying to upload in EOS but in the classic editor instead. (You can do them back to back, they don't need new pages or anything)

Step 3: Upload those same images in your EOS tease gallery now.

If that worked then that's it. If it didn't work, then that is when you rename the photo(s) and do that process again. Anyone feel free to correct anything that is superfluous or wrong.
Quoting your post from that thread for anyone - like me - who searches and finds this!

What a workaround :lol: Well done for finding it.
slavenothing
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slavenothing »

indyc wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:14 pm These are new problems independent from the ones fixed in the last few months. I highly suggest trying that workaround. It is good enough for me to keep going even if it is objectively slower. There are only 2 other tease authors who come close to the number of images I use so it shouldn't be nearly as much of an impact for most.
thx, but this makes it really hard work for me. so many pictures to download two times, o my goodness, it will need a felt hundert hours extra

but ok, thx, if this i the only way to do it at the moment, i will use it for some parts, so i can go on a bit
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

slavenothing wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:54 am
indyc wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:14 pm These are new problems independent from the ones fixed in the last few months. I highly suggest trying that workaround. It is good enough for me to keep going even if it is objectively slower. There are only 2 other tease authors who come close to the number of images I use so it shouldn't be nearly as much of an impact for most.
thx, but this makes it really hard work for me. so many pictures to download two times, o my goodness, it will need a felt hundert hours extra

but ok, thx, if this i the only way to do it at the moment, i will use it for some parts, so i can go on a bit
While it does require extra time, If it requires hours extra you are doing something wrong or you are making the biggest teases Milovana has ever seen. You don't need to do it one picture at a time. You can drag an entire galleries worth into the classic editor at once and then drag that entire gallery into EOS. (There are other issues that arise from this so I suggest only doing that about 20 pictures or so at a time)
Shattered wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01 pm
ritewriter wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:54 pm Hey can someone walk me through how to upload right now? Because I've tried refreshing my browser (in Firefox) and also renaming files and making sure they're jpeg instead of jpg, and nothing seems to work. I still can't upload.
Step 1: Go to https://milovana.com/editor/ and make a classic tease under whatever name you want.

Step 2: Upload whatever image(s) you were trying to upload in EOS but in the classic editor instead. (You can do them back to back, they don't need new pages or anything)

If that worked then that's it. If it didn't work, then that is when you rename the photo(s) and do that process again. Anyone feel free to correct anything that is superfluous or wrong.
Quoting your post from that thread for anyone - like me - who searches and finds this!

I didn't find it, it was actually spugbutter who came up with this solution. I just made sure it also worked with mp3s and tried to add on what you do if your picture uploads previously failed in EOS.
slavenothing
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slavenothing »

indyc wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:56 pm
slavenothing wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:54 am

While it does require extra time, If it requires hours extra you are doing something wrong or you are making the biggest teases Milovana has ever seen. You don't need to do it one picture at a time. You can drag an entire galleries worth into the classic editor at once and then drag that entire gallery into EOS. (There are other issues that arise from this so I suggest only doing that about 20 pictures or so at a time)
Shattered wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:01 pm

I didn't find it, it was actually spugbutter who came up with this solution. I just made sure it also worked with mp3s and tried to add on what you do if your picture uploads previously failed in EOS.

yeah thx, it works with more then one pic at the same time. in this case it is ok and not so extremly timekilling like i thaught (i am totaslly no expert in all those things and still have some points to figure out for my tease).
i am sure my tease will not be the biggest ever, but it includes many pics, so thats why i was not happpy with it in the first moment.
so i say thank you, this works for me this way, my pic problems are gone, hope i can get help with the other problems when i am on this point of "building"
mangoman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Slave

Post by mangoman »

I've written a tease for myself, it's pretty long and includes a lot of photos I want to change when release it. Now that I finally have the time to do it, the uploader is broken. :lol: