[EOS] How to clear text in EOS tease

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

[EOS] How to clear text in EOS tease

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Does anyone know of a way to clear the page text in an EOS tease.

If I have a page that shows a bunch of instructions/information, then I want to clear that without going to a new page, is there a way to do that? It's not a huge thing, but it would be handy sometimes. For example, I could have a single "Intro" page, instead of breaking the text over multiple pages "Intro1", "Intro2", etc.

I did some googling on this and came up empty.

Thanks,

PG
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Re: [EOS] How to clear text in EOS tease

Post by kerkersklave »

I don't think there is. What you could do is going to the same page again and make the content that is shown depend on a variable. So just have an intro page and a state-variable.
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

PlayfulGuy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:02 pm Does anyone know of a way to clear the page text in an EOS tease.

If I have a page that shows a bunch of instructions/information, then I want to clear that without going to a new page, is there a way to do that? It's not a huge thing, but it would be handy sometimes. For example, I could have a single "Intro" page, instead of breaking the text over multiple pages "Intro1", "Intro2", etc.

I did some googling on this and came up empty.

Thanks,

PG
Add all intros action under if actions under the same page using different values for the flag (e.g., set "intro=0" in the init script, then have all ifs as "intro==0", "intro==1", etc). At the end of each then block increment the variable then goto back to the same page. On each run you will clear the text and a different sequence of text will be displayed, all on the same page.

PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

kerkersklave wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:39 pm I don't think there is. What you could do is going to the same page again and make the content that is shown depend on a variable. So just have an intro page and a state-variable.
Thamrill wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:46 am Add all intros action under if actions under the same page using different values for the flag (e.g., set "intro=0" in the init script, then have all ifs as "intro==0", "intro==1", etc). At the end of each then block increment the variable then goto back to the same page. On each run you will clear the text and a different sequence of text will be displayed, all on the same page.
Thanks for the replies. I knew I could do it that way, but that can get a little messy too. I was just hoping there was a cleaner way to accomplish it. EOS is pretty great, but it could still benefit from a few enhancements.

Thanks again,

PG
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

I think I slightly cleaner way (depending on how big your pages are) are just to make a go-to to the a duplicate page lacking whatever text you wanted to clear. Yes, I too wish there was a text clear command but at least this way you can limit your if statements and variable list. Unless your pages are massive like mine then it should be quicker to create and edit too.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

indyc wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:13 pm I think I slightly cleaner way (depending on how big your pages are) are just to make a go-to to the a duplicate page lacking whatever text you wanted to clear. Yes, I too wish there was a text clear command but at least this way you can limit your if statements and variable list. Unless your pages are massive like mine then it should be quicker to create and edit too.
Yeah, that's probably the approach I would take.

Thanks for the reply.

PG