[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.05b

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.05b

Post by diogaoo »

The new version of Hero Corruption is out.

Hero Corruption v1.05b

Changes:
Spoiler: show
  • ENEMY PEAK HOURS
  • Each enemy now has a specific time at which their spawn increases
  • You can check the "peak hour" of each enemy on the Codex page under "Profile"
  • During a peak hour of an enemy, the chance of finding it is 50%. As opposed to the regular 20%~17%.
  • MULTIPLE BOSSES
  • The boss of each area will be chosen randomly at the start of each run.
  • This means that you won't always find Helen in the Deep Forest or Sandy & Wendy in the Forest
  • New bosses have been added in the Forest and Deep Forest to complement this addition.

NEW BOSSES

Kitty
(Forest) Seriously, what's happened in this girl's family?
Maxine
(Deep Forest) To all you ass-guys out there
Sasha
(Deep Forest) The cold nights of February won't be as cold

NEW EQUIPMENT

Thirsty Dragon (Legendary)
You think it might be alive?
Lich's Grasp (Legendary)
Aren't those supposed to protect you?

OTHERS:

Added a cheat code
Type "Laura gurl best gurl" when choosing your Hero's name in Normal mode to gain +150 Points (Only works once)
3 New Bad Endings: Kitty, Maxine, Sasha
Added Kitty's photos to the Shop
Added Maxine's photos to the Shop
Added a confirmation button when choosing to Sleep
Added legendary equipment pictures when equiping right after craft
Added a new sound effect for Broken Status Effect

BALANCE STUFF
Increased Rose's HP in Legacy mode 220 > 250
Decreased Backpack points cost 400 > 350

BUG FIXES
Fixed some Helen dialogs not appearing
Fixed Lily "aroused" debuff resetting
Fixed old Anastasia Defeated scene sometimes triggering
Fixed Chloe not dealing the right amount of lust damage
Fixed Chloe checks calculating wrong numbers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.05b:

Added a new move to Lisa
Updated Lisa's Codex
Added a prompt when spending points with gold (Normal mode)
Enemies holding Kira's Talisman will have their HP increased by +30 and each one will have a unique buff:

Hannah
: Bad Ending trigger decreased Blowjob Addiction 35 > 25
Laura: Lust gained while forced oral 10 > 25
Raven: Raven will deal lust damage while on her "invite" stance
Lisa: Lisa's new Big Breasts Addiction check decreased 10 > 5

Added Kitty's, Maxine's and Sasha's bonus scores
Lisa Bad Ending trigger tolerance increased 30 Addiction > 35 Addiction + 10 Corruption
Maxine will now deal 5 damage if the player's Anal Addiction is below 5
Removed timers from the last dialog of all bad endings

Version v1.10 is already out on Patreon:
A new early area, 4 new enemies, new events, equipment, status effect, bad endings and more
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK]HERO CORRUPTION V1.05b

Post by indyc »

Alright... consider this huge list of opinions a combination of 1.05 and 1.0:
Overall I still consider the potential of this tease to be immense but there are somewhat simple things to change that are keeping my replays feeling quite frustrating. My high level feeling is that the player choices matter much less than the random probabilities that happen. If you go to F95zone where they are more critical you will see this comment echoed among several.

I consider the high randomness mostly stemming from: (AKA my biggest issues)
-Blue potions are the most impactful thing that can happen on your runs and they are completely random.
-Lack of actual decision in the combat. Your main decision is pretty much attack or run.
-And then random encounters like the statue showing up or not, box on ground potentially hitting you with major corruption.

For the other opinions:

I BEG of you to lower the starting HP of the forest girls. (lower their gold if you must) In other RPGs where there are more combat decisions there are usually less than 10 hits required to kill a monster in a starting location. Here, you have made it a minimum of 10. Starting a new version with only 11 damage infuriates me to click click click click click click... until they die and then for resting click click click... again and again.

I really don't like how the main way corruption is raised early is the consumption of purple and red potions. I totally get that there should be some drawback but the 3 addiction is that drawback for me. To further this, it doesn't even tell you that it is raising corruption by 2. Even further, the fact that getting a blowjob, sticking your dick in a girl etc doesn't raise your corruption until you outright lose to a girl doesn't make any sense to me. Currently you have corruption come in huge bursts, consider instead spreading this out to smaller events which leads me into my next point -

Currently your wait option in combat is pointless for anything other than trying to lose. What if instead, this is what triggered a girl to start stripping for you which raises your addictions or corruption. It would make me tempted to want to see more but then have control over whatever drawback happens. This also lets you add more photos in combat which I have desperately wanted from day 1. (there are also more photos in those sets to use)

I don't understand the point of the items girl, at best she gives you the same rate of the shop but is only limited to one item and burns an hour of your day regardless of what you do with her. The lack of any stripping or options just rubs me wrong. At least let the player sell recipes to her or items you aren't using.

Though the new Anastasia is an improvement, why not have both versions for variety? You already put the work in for the previous one, why throw it away? (Plus each region is lacking variety already in my opinion) I think it would be fun to see a girl in a different outfit sometimes.

Consider asking fapnip to create an HUD that displays your gold.

Why did you add an extra button for sleep through the night? If players are accidentally clicking to sleep it is because they are rapidly clicking. Fix the rapid click issue instead of adding more clicks.

Consider making a player have sexy dreams for the really high addiction when it tells you "you cant stop thinking of X" Also consider removing the 3 sec timer that leads into the 10 second dream timer. (The one for normal sleep, they don't need to both be there) On that note, could you please add more photos to those dreams? I love them being a reward for high corruption (something to look forward to for being bad) but then they become repetitive quickly.

The penalty on points you can spend for early game over is WAY too large and the benefits you get from getting to the end of day 14 are WAY too high. Please consider compressing these towards each other significantly. Losing early is also way more possible for early runs too so it will greatly help the "ramp up" for repeat plays not feel so dang frustrating.

Forge costing 50 gold is too high especially considering that it doesn't have to be unlocked on following plays. It makes that initial run nearly impossible to get very far. That being said I really liked not having to "rediscover" the town on repeat plays but on that same note the tavern doesn't stay revealed. I don't know if you removed getting raped in the city without clothes but I haven't triggered it again after a great many plays and I miss that content. Grammar "You might as well do" doesn't make any sense for the blowjob call out in town.

I like the addition of Kitty trying to be different but I don't understand the mechanics behind it. Do you have any control over her lust whatsoever? I don't think I like it as a sudden gameover loop at the current numbers. Grammar "did you finally gave in" -> "did you finally give in"

"Raven wrap her mouth around your cock" -> "Raven wraps her mouth..."

The 2 girl trivia needs to change the question of what boss is in this area because they are not bound to areas anymore. The question of how much lust does maxing out the lust track give can be taken 2 different ways: Either what you get from the entire tree, or what you get from the last perk that maxes it out.

When you get naked from a fight, you should be able to get your clothes back if you beat the girl within 1 or 2 rounds of losing the clothes. Otherwise this is too strict of a penalty. (if this penalty is reduced feel free to add more clothing loss events)

The confusion timers are WAY too random. When they are 1 seconds they are too fast to humanly react and click. You can keep them random just bring the minimum up. On the same note, I feel like the timers for deciding what you get from the fairy and witch are too short to even read all the options.

Mia's chastity cage event is EXCELLENT but why is it so hidden? Consider her asking you to try it out or something during her encounters otherwise the vast majority of players won't even know it exists.

I have no idea what "aroused" does without looking at your game code.

The gabby 3 way scene triggers the failure loop way too early randomly sometimes which ruins an entire run.

I get in the past you have been resistant to lowering the random factor. You want things difficult and I agree they should be difficult! However, if you increase the decision space, you can make the game just as difficult in other ways without being nearly as random. Please please please read what they are saying on F95zone, these are those who really like what you are doing but find the randomness far too frustrating. Feel free to PM me if you agree about changing any of it because there are quite simple ways to rehaul the randomness but keep the difficulty. I can even do a few things for you in your code for you to try it out if you want.
mckig
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mckig »

I never really thought about it, but indyc makes a really good point. The very early game is repetitive and at least pushes me away from wanting to restart. The first enemies could scale to only take 4-5 hits instead, not matter what the player's attack is (if the player has 30 attack, the Forest enemies would have 120-150hp, but when the player only has 10 attack, Forest enemies have 40-50hp).

Now that I really read the entire post, indyc makes A LOT of good points.

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is using both Anastasia scripts as variety. She could appear in multiple locations for all I care. This idea just feels like a slam dunk, you can use the same girls and create little storylines, or just have stronger tiers of the same enemy.

I'm keeping it brief for now. Really enjoy the variety this version brings, and looking forward to the new variety you have planned in the future (it looks great!).
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

This doesn't seem right...
When disarmed by Leona, I don't think Attack Damage is correctly calculated. I was fighting her with the Icepick as my weapon and a base 17 Attack (Normal mode points + first Attack Tree Perk). When she disarmed me, I was doing only 13 damage rather than the 17 that I would expect.

Is being disarmed supposed to apply this additional Attack Damage penalty beyond just negating the weapon bonus?

Edit: It's not just with the Icepick too. In a later game with base 28 Attack Damage (points + full Attack Tree) when disarmed, I'm only doing 16 damage. I was not Dominated at the time either (as was the case for both times reported here).
Last edited by Slagblah on Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

Quick bugs:
1) Huge amounts of time pass in the city. Finding the Tavern, checking and being told there were no jobs caused 3 hrs to pass. Each lowering of addiction points at the church also seems to progress time.

2) Re-starting, used points to buy 120 gold. Bought the rest of what I wanted, then spent the last points on 39 gold. Day 1, went to the shop right away with the intention of buying all the maps early and my gold was set to 12,039 gold rather than 159.
Math is missing at some point.
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

FatherDarkness wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:09 am Quick bugs:
2) Re-starting, used points to buy 120 gold. Bought the rest of what I wanted, then spent the last points on 39 gold. Day 1, went to the shop right away with the intention of buying all the maps early and my gold was set to 12,039 gold rather than 159.
Wow! Yeah! Now that's an exploitable bug. Buying 10 Gold, then 10 more then 10 more gives 101,010 Gold! Looks like string concatenation is occurring rather than doing the math.
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by playsafe9 »

I'm not sure if I'm getting the game yet, so here are my random thoughts: The game is rather click heavy. Is there a way to use keyboard keys as well e.g. Attack with the spacebar?
I ran out of time when I've been playing the game in 1.0b and the savegame doesn't work with 1.05b. This is intentional?
And after playing the start twice, which feels a bit grindy indeed and not reaching a higher corruption for the masturbation option yet: Should the player stroke during the masturbation part? Or at tavern jobs and random fights, too? Or not at all?
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FatherDarkness »

playsafe9 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:15 pm I'm not sure if I'm getting the game yet, so here are my random thoughts: The game is rather click heavy. Is there a way to use keyboard keys as well e.g. Attack with the spacebar?
I ran out of time when I've been playing the game in 1.0b and the savegame doesn't work with 1.05b. This is intentional?
And after playing the start twice, which feels a bit grindy indeed and not reaching a higher corruption for the masturbation option yet: Should the player stroke during the masturbation part? Or at tavern jobs and random fights, too? Or not at all?
The game is click heavy. The end time in the game was somewhat arbitrary at first and has just become standard. Being grindy at the start has been one of the biggest complaints. This is a lewd game more than it is a tease, so there isn't really any right way to stroke to it.

The save doesn't save everything, but the points you gain from a run through make it easier to play the next time and allows you to explore more of the game.
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by playsafe9 »

Thanks for the reply!
One amazon blowjob sound got stuck in an endless mode btw.
Slagblah
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Slagblah »

Question: According to the Codex, you have both Alice and Mia scheduled for 18:00 and 19:00 higher availability. Was that intentional or an oversight? The Swamp does not appear to have anyone in the 20:00 to 21:00 slot, though, so maybe it's just a Codex typo?
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

indyc wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:09 pm Alright... consider this huge list of opinions a combination of 1.05 and 1.0:
Overall I still consider the potential of this tease to be immense but there are somewhat simple things to change that are keeping my replays feeling quite frustrating. My high level feeling is that the player choices matter much less than the random probabilities that happen. If you go to F95zone where they are more critical you will see this comment echoed among several.

I consider the high randomness mostly stemming from: (AKA my biggest issues)
-Blue potions are the most impactful thing that can happen on your runs and they are completely random.
-Lack of actual decision in the combat. Your main decision is pretty much attack or run.
-And then random encounters like the statue showing up or not, box on ground potentially hitting you with major corruption.

For the other opinions:

I BEG of you to lower the starting HP of the forest girls. (lower their gold if you must) In other RPGs where there are more combat decisions there are usually less than 10 hits required to kill a monster in a starting location. Here, you have made it a minimum of 10. Starting a new version with only 11 damage infuriates me to click click click click click click... until they die and then for resting click click click... again and again.

I really don't like how the main way corruption is raised early is the consumption of purple and red potions. I totally get that there should be some drawback but the 3 addiction is that drawback for me. To further this, it doesn't even tell you that it is raising corruption by 2. Even further, the fact that getting a blowjob, sticking your dick in a girl etc doesn't raise your corruption until you outright lose to a girl doesn't make any sense to me. Currently you have corruption come in huge bursts, consider instead spreading this out to smaller events which leads me into my next point -

Currently your wait option in combat is pointless for anything other than trying to lose. What if instead, this is what triggered a girl to start stripping for you which raises your addictions or corruption. It would make me tempted to want to see more but then have control over whatever drawback happens. This also lets you add more photos in combat which I have desperately wanted from day 1. (there are also more photos in those sets to use)

I don't understand the point of the items girl, at best she gives you the same rate of the shop but is only limited to one item and burns an hour of your day regardless of what you do with her. The lack of any stripping or options just rubs me wrong. At least let the player sell recipes to her or items you aren't using.

Though the new Anastasia is an improvement, why not have both versions for variety? You already put the work in for the previous one, why throw it away? (Plus each region is lacking variety already in my opinion) I think it would be fun to see a girl in a different outfit sometimes.

Consider asking fapnip to create an HUD that displays your gold.

Why did you add an extra button for sleep through the night? If players are accidentally clicking to sleep it is because they are rapidly clicking. Fix the rapid click issue instead of adding more clicks.

Consider making a player have sexy dreams for the really high addiction when it tells you "you cant stop thinking of X" Also consider removing the 3 sec timer that leads into the 10 second dream timer. (The one for normal sleep, they don't need to both be there) On that note, could you please add more photos to those dreams? I love them being a reward for high corruption (something to look forward to for being bad) but then they become repetitive quickly.

The penalty on points you can spend for early game over is WAY too large and the benefits you get from getting to the end of day 14 are WAY too high. Please consider compressing these towards each other significantly. Losing early is also way more possible for early runs too so it will greatly help the "ramp up" for repeat plays not feel so dang frustrating.

Forge costing 50 gold is too high especially considering that it doesn't have to be unlocked on following plays. It makes that initial run nearly impossible to get very far. That being said I really liked not having to "rediscover" the town on repeat plays but on that same note the tavern doesn't stay revealed. I don't know if you removed getting raped in the city without clothes but I haven't triggered it again after a great many plays and I miss that content. Grammar "You might as well do" doesn't make any sense for the blowjob call out in town.

I like the addition of Kitty trying to be different but I don't understand the mechanics behind it. Do you have any control over her lust whatsoever? I don't think I like it as a sudden gameover loop at the current numbers. Grammar "did you finally gave in" -> "did you finally give in"

"Raven wrap her mouth around your cock" -> "Raven wraps her mouth..."

The 2 girl trivia needs to change the question of what boss is in this area because they are not bound to areas anymore. The question of how much lust does maxing out the lust track give can be taken 2 different ways: Either what you get from the entire tree, or what you get from the last perk that maxes it out.

When you get naked from a fight, you should be able to get your clothes back if you beat the girl within 1 or 2 rounds of losing the clothes. Otherwise this is too strict of a penalty. (if this penalty is reduced feel free to add more clothing loss events)

The confusion timers are WAY too random. When they are 1 seconds they are too fast to humanly react and click. You can keep them random just bring the minimum up. On the same note, I feel like the timers for deciding what you get from the fairy and witch are too short to even read all the options.

Mia's chastity cage event is EXCELLENT but why is it so hidden? Consider her asking you to try it out or something during her encounters otherwise the vast majority of players won't even know it exists.

The gabby 3 way scene triggers the failure loop way too early randomly sometimes which ruins an entire run.

I get in the past you have been resistant to lowering the random factor. You want things difficult and I agree they should be difficult! However, if you increase the decision space, you can make the game just as difficult in other ways without being nearly as random. Please please please read what they are saying on F95zone, these are those who really like what you are doing but find the randomness far too frustrating. Feel free to PM me if you agree about changing any of it because there are quite simple ways to rehaul the randomness but keep the difficulty. I can even do a few things for you in your code for you to try it out if you want.

Hey indyc, I will try to answer the points that I consider most important:

Randomness is something present in Hero Corruption, but not the way you think, I agree that some runs can be frustrating due to bad luck, but as we've already talked, I don't want it to be a purely skill-based game, Hero Corruption is not meant to be a competitive game.
Replayability is something very present in the game and removing or decreasing randomness will only make restarts even more boring, which is one of the points you mentioned.

Blue potions are extremely important, but there are other ways to reduce your corruption and addictions, and reducing these numbers is not the only viable strategy. However, I do agree that there is room for improvement in this area, currently the probability of encountering the alchemy lab is pseudo-random, which means that there is indeed a certain probability, but the player is guaranteed at least one potion every two encouters per day, I believe this can be implemented in potion types as well (maybe all first potions of the day should be blue? Nvm, not really a great idea)

Reducing the initial enemies' health and their gold would accomplish nothing really, the player would have to face more enemies to compensate for this readjustment and consequently, the game would become more repetitive. Starting a new version can be a little time consuming, but after two or three runs you'll be running over the first few enemies without too much trouble.

I agree that player actions themselves are limited, but I seek to bring diversity to battles not through player actions, but through the way enemies interact with the Hero (Addiction checks, status effect, gold manipulation, special moves, etc), rather than flooding the player with hundreds of choices just to create the illusion of choice, when in practice, they will only be used to reduce the enemy's HP value.
That being said, I have a feeling that I could improve a lot more in this aspect, a great observation brought by you is the "Wait" button which, for the most part, has no practical effect. I tried to circle this issue in the battle with Kitty,
if the player chooses to wait, Kitty's lust will decrease and the hero can use this to control the battle and keep Kitty in a stage that is most beneficial for him (Kitty's stages change according to her lust and each stage is focused on a different addiction)
In other words, you can literally manipulate Kitty's attacks in order to have an easier run.
This kind of interaction is reinforcing my previous point, although many fights seem simple, there are some things going on the background that you might not have noticed, If anything should be improved in this aspect it's the transparency of such mechanics, for sure, there's no point in having this kind of diversity in battles if the player can't see them

The same can be said for other things:
  • The ability to find potions is not entirely random.
  • Important events and scenes happen according to player stats.
  • And now, there's even greater control over which enemies the player can come across.
To be honest, there are very few really random things in the game, maybe just the loot system?

I took a look at the thread you mentioned and apparently one of the criticisms is regarding the randomness of the church event, which is not random at all, here is the script:
There's 0% chance of triggering the event on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd visit
30% chance on the 4th visit
60% chance on the 5th visit
90% chance on the 6th visit
100% chance on the 7th visit
Also, the chance of the event actually happening is based on user corruption (with the exception of the 7th visit)
Again, it may seem like things just happen by chance, but almost nothing is truly random.

I really appreciate your feedback because it's always honest and straightforward, but I often get the feeling that we're talking about two different games, where you portray a linear game and without a lot of surprises and twists, which is a very good concept, but not is my plan for this particular game
Also, I replyed to most of the stuff that i disagree with, but you gave me great ideas and I'll do my best to add some of them.

Quick side notes:
Thx for reporting the grammar errors, I really need to get better at them
I Loved it ! Great idea !

I specifically removed her because you said the early fights were very repetitive without much complexity, and she seemed to fit your description exactly. I also remember you commenting on Anna, who also got a new move.
What made you change your mind?
Anyway, I agreed with your previous position and that's why it was removed, but I have nothing against the same enemies in different situations. I actually didn't like repeating enemies before, but I've been liking the idea more and more.
There is a description for every status effect in the Codex, was it too confusing there? Maybe I should rephrase?
You meant the "dominated" attack? It is not random either, you need to attack her at the right time to avoid this move
Last edited by diogaoo on Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Play Hero Corruption 1
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

Slagblah wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:01 pm Question: According to the Codex, you have both Alice and Mia scheduled for 18:00 and 19:00 higher availability. Was that intentional or an oversight? The Swamp does not appear to have anyone in the 20:00 to 21:00 slot, though, so maybe it's just a Codex typo?
Just a Codex typo, should be good now, thx Slagblah !
Slagblah wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:04 am This doesn't seem right...
When disarmed by Leona, I don't think Attack Damage is correctly calculated. I was fighting her with the Icepick as my weapon and a base 17 Attack (Normal mode points + first Attack Tree Perk). When she disarmed me, I was doing only 13 damage rather than the 17 that I would expect.

Is being disarmed supposed to apply this additional Attack Damage penalty beyond just negating the weapon bonus?

Edit: It's not just with the Icepick too. In a later game with base 28 Attack Damage (points + full Attack Tree) when disarmed, I'm only doing 16 damage. I was not Dominated at the time either (as was the case for both times reported here).
Fixed ! My lazy ass have been delaying writing a function to handle the damage formula for a long time, which is why these bugs have been so common, I'll do it asap
FatherDarkness wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:09 am Quick bugs:
1) Huge amounts of time pass in the city. Finding the Tavern, checking and being told there were no jobs caused 3 hrs to pass. Each lowering of addiction points at the church also seems to progress time.

Fixed !
playsafe9 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:23 pm Thanks for the reply!
One amazon blowjob sound got stuck in an endless mode btw.
Fixed !
Last edited by diogaoo on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play Hero Corruption 1
mckig
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mckig »

diogaoo wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:00 pm I specifically removed her because you said the early fights were very repetitive without much complexity, and she seemed to fit your description exactly. I also remember you commenting on Anna, who also got a new move.
What made you change your mind?
Anyway, I agreed with your previous position and that's why it was removed, but I have nothing against the same enemies in different situations. I actually didn't like repeating enemies before, but I've been liking the idea more and more.
I saw this and wanted to give my opinion on it too. I was under the same impression as indyc at first, thinking enemies were too linear and boring. Then you changed Anastasia and I realized that I was wrong. It's not that the enemies are boring, it's more that we see them all the time and click through them so fast it's almost numbing.

I always bring up the Gabby and Abby fight since there's a small amount of dialogue you MUST pay attention to, or else you lose. I think, personally, that very small aspect which forces me to cautiously maneuver the encounter makes it one of my favorites. It feels like all the other girls are missing this. The bosses, other than Kitty, get spam clicked through, and enemies that follow very predictable patterns, like Mia's checks, are just as mindless as spam clicking through the encounter.

So instead of Anastasia's encounter being boring, we as players have just gotten so used to flying through the battles as fast as possible with almost zero punishment.

I agree with indyc, the we click through the early game to get through it as fast as possible since we've seen it before. But I also disagree that adding more encounters with the same enemy will really solve anything. It's fun to run into an encounter once or twice, but there needs to be some uniqueness that the player has to really pay attention to.

Other than Gabby and Abby, Chloe is the next closest thing. But even her battle can be clicked through quickly once you understand what's going on.

I'm not being super helpful with a solution, and that's because I don't really know the best way to solve this. Maybe the replayability is losing its charm, or the girls are getting predictable. It's hard to say, but I'm noticing that more people are being much more open about their critical opinions now that the tease has developed into a full-on game.

I'm not trying to drag you down, I just wanted to mention what I'm seeing. I've tried to make teases similar to these just to see how hard and time-consuming it really is. I give up every single time out of frustration, confusion, or lack of creativity. So I really do mean it when I say you are doing a great job. Unfortunately, people are always going to ask more of you if they can. And that includes me, I flood you with my ideas that I'm not able to create myself.

Sorry if this puts you in a bad mood. I was reading through some comments on Patreon and here and had to say something. Keep up the good work, I'm sticking around for a while and seeing where you take this tease next. It's always fun to see how you take everyone's ideas and put them into creation!

And on the topic of enemies with less starting HP, this would reduce the time the player has to rest at camp in the early game, allowing for more of the day to be used.
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

I am really enjoying this new version, thanks for adding the new bosses. They seem quite challenging so I will have fun figuring them out.

I just wanted to chime in on the 'randomness' issue. There will always be players who want to reduce the randomness of a game, this is something I've noticed throughout my years as a player and developer. I think it has more to do with their personality type than what is actually good for the game itself. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but unfortunately it will always be something people will suggest. From my point of view, the game you're trying to make depends on a good bit of randomness to keep it interesting. I can tell there is some hidden ways the randomness is manipulated to make it less random than it might at first seem; even way back to the earliest versions I played.

Regarding Wait... unless I'm mistaken I'm pretty sure it also has a use in the
Raven
encounter. I had fun experimenting with it in a few different places to see if it did anything. Of course it also works with the new perk system as well. Also as a tease I think the Wait option is pretty awesome because sometimes you just want to lose. :blush:

I think that this game has captured a certain magic that many games can only hope to capture. It's interesting and the encounters at times feel super dangerous and exciting. My first time facing these new bosses recaptured that feeling for me and I love it.

Personally I was concerned that you trying to address the complaints about the game would ruin the magic of your original vision. I'm happy to see that you seem to have a strong idea of what you're trying to make and for the most part the game has only improved version after version. Getting the new releases of this tease has been one of the highlights of my month so I wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work :-D

PS. That being said if any players are struggling with the game and want some strategy tips I'm always happy to give some.
This game isn't 'new player friendly', and trying to mash attack in every encounter you come across will make you lose. You need to know when to run, when to start exploring a new area, what to invest gold into, etc. This mainly comes from experience and getting a feel for the game. You can control a lot of the randomness of the game by being smart about what actions you take and when.
EDIT: Actually after playing more today I think there might be too many potions now...
Last edited by Kristycookie on Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer

Post by FatherDarkness »

Another quick error. Thirsty Dragon recipe when looking in your backpack says that it costs a pearl and some other stuff. Actually crafting at the blacksmith shows the right component and forges properly.