Question on EOS scripting

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
SilentSix
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Question on EOS scripting

Post by SilentSix »

please forgive me for something that some may find "easy". I simply am confused on how to make it where the player can enter his/her name and it be remembered in an eos tease. What input line do I need to use?

ex: Please enter your name...

thank you! :-)
Stay safe! :-)
My Teases
Morexis
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Re: Question on EOS scripting

Post by Morexis »

Don't worry about asking "easy" questions; Getting started with Eos can be quite difficult! ^^

Here's how you create a custom name:
First, you need a prompt (the seventh action from the top) and give it a variable. Since you're creating a custom name, you might want to call it something like "name".
And before the prompt, it's good to have a text like "Please enter your name:", so the player knows what you want them to do. :)

Now if the player enters something into the prompt, the game will know that whatever they enter is "name".
If you want to use that in a text, you need to use an eval tag. To create the eval tag, just click the "<>" symbol above the text field and enter the name of the variable (in our case "name") into the text field that pops up. That eval tag will now display whatever the player entered into the prompt.

To make it a complete sentence, you could write "Your name is (eval tag: name)!". If I earlier entered "Morexis" into the name prompt, it will say "Your name is Morexis!".

I hope this helped you out. Good luck with your project! :-)
🕹️ HAVE FUN PLAYING MY GAMES!

Join our Discord to get in contact with me and other hentai tease creators and players! 🤙
And please consider supporting me on Patreon for more content! 💖
Spoiler: show

Creator of the MOST PLAYED tease in 2020 🥇
Creator of the fourth most played tease in 2020
Creator of the third most played tease in 2019
SilentSix
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Question on EOS scripting

Post by SilentSix »

Morexis wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:41 pm Don't worry about asking "easy" questions; Getting started with Eos can be quite difficult! ^^

Here's how you create a custom name:
First, you need a prompt (the seventh action from the top) and give it a variable. Since you're creating a custom name, you might want to call it something like "name".
And before the prompt, it's good to have a text like "Please enter your name:", so the player knows what you want them to do. :)

Now if the player enters something into the prompt, the game will know that whatever they enter is "name".
If you want to use that in a text, you need to use an eval tag. To create the eval tag, just click the "<>" symbol above the text field and enter the name of the variable (in our case "name") into the text field that pops up. That eval tag will now display whatever the player entered into the prompt.

To make it a complete sentence, you could write "Your name is (eval tag: name)!". If I earlier entered "Morexis" into the name prompt, it will say "Your name is Morexis!".

I hope this helped you out. Good luck with your project! :-)
Aha! There is actually a mini tutorial (I didn't see until now). Thanks for the help!

ps: BIG fan of your teases, hope one day I can make a tease as good as yours! :-D :wave:
Stay safe! :-)
My Teases