[RELEASE/FEEDBACK] FapJack with Melody

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

[RELEASE/FEEDBACK] FapJack with Melody

Post by fapnip »

Release of FapJack with Melody:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=45690

FapJack is a simple blackjack game with edging, endurance, etc.

All feedback appreciated. Please report any issues/typos/bugs!

If people find the core game fun, it's relativity easy to release new games with different models and verbiage.

Updated "pre-release" version here.

Want to make your own FapJack? See here.

Known Issues:
Spoiler: show
  • FireFox on Android doesn't play audio until well into the game. Can't seem to find a work-around.
  • iOS/Safari doesn't play "FAP Roulette" clicks correctly on some (older?) devices.
Change Log:
Spoiler: show
v0.17 (Pulled from production.):
  • Add optional Anal/CEI/CBT kinks under Settings->Kinks
  • Changed cum round to automatically cycle images every 10 seconds
  • Added "Lost 1 Rest" penalty
  • Numerous changes to core game
v0.9a:
  • Fix broken link to instructions page introduced in 0.9
v0.9:
  • Added more timers in to give slower devices more time to load/authorize beat sounds. (IOS/Safari)
  • Simplified (removed secret timer) and optimized (made JS code faster) "Fap Roulette" to allow it to work better on slower devices. (Still doesn't play clicks correctly on iOS/Safari)
v0.8:
  • Completely refactored the way round images are loaded. Before, I loaded one page per "level", then if'd through 15 images to display the one for the given round. Some browsers seemed to re-load all 15 images on every level change. Now, there's one page per image.
  • Changed most page goto actions to "pages.goto(page);" eval actions. EOS seems to pre-load any images it can find in pages referenced with goto actions, even if in an "IF" action that doesn't match, and those pre-loads seem to happen over and over again, eating ram on some browsers. (Do that in a loop like I do with each hand, and you die quickly? Strange that only some browsers/devices seem effected though.) EOS doesn't seem to follow pages.goto(page);, so images in pages referenced that way appear to only be loaded if the page is actually requested.
v0.7
  • More aggressive stroking in later rounds if you still have a number of rests left
  • Re-shuffle deck after 5 hands instead of continuous re-shuffle. (Currently no re-shuffle notification.)
  • Maybe a fix for memory leak? (I tightened up notification use in a couple spots. Not sure if it will help. I can't replicate any memory leak.)
  • A bunch of other under-the-hood changes that you shouldn't notice, unless they introduce a bug.
v0.5a:
  • Increase default beat volume. Was too low on some devices.
v0.5:
  • Added ability to recover your last game state if you return to the game within 2 minutes of exiting it. (Easy to accidentally back out of the tease on mobile browsers.)
v0.4a:
  • Reverted accidental development edit not yet ready for pre-release testing. Oops!
v0.4:
  • Added option to reset settings to default values if they were changed.
  • Fix some typos.
v0.3:
  • Reduced default volume level. (Thanks [private])
  • Added settings manager so players can customize their experience a bit before starting a game.
  • Added "Beat Volume" setting.
  • Added "Fap In Round" setting. Default is enabled. If disabled, there will be no metronome while waiting for HIT/STAND, and timeout is reduced to 15s. (Thanks tckt78)
  • Added "Stroke Penalty Limit" setting. Default is disabled. If enabled, stroke penalties will only happen in rounds 1.x and cum rounds. (Thanks Kristycookie)
  • Fixed issue where game could say you lost in cum rounds. (Thanks Carnal1)
  • Added final score for player & dealer when round ends. (Thanks [private])
v0.2a:
  • Fix some typos.
v0.2:
  • Add core game code for variable number of decks and using on-demand shuffling instead of continuous. (Hard-coded to 1 deck, continuous shuffling for now.)
  • Decrease metronome volume.
v0.1d:
  • Accidental release of dev code
v0.1c:
  • Fix bug introduced in v0.1b.
v0.1b:
  • Increase difficulty of edge/stroking in later rounds.
v0.1a:
  • Initial pre-release
Many thanks to undeniable_denial for his metronome sounds. I make heavy use of them in this and my previous game. They saved a load of time not having to make my own!
Last edited by fapnip on Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:34 pm, edited 38 times in total.
pepez
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [PRE-RELEASE/FEEDBACK/DEBUG] FapJack with Melody

Post by pepez »

I love the idea + how fast you have to stroke, its not booring/easy! :)
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [PRE-RELEASE/FEEDBACK] FapJack with Melody

Post by fapnip »

pepez wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:44 pm I love the idea + how fast you have to stroke, its not booring/easy! :)
Thanks! I was aiming for very difficult to nearly unbeatable -- not sure if it's there.
redditaddict420 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:45 am Clicked through for a bit. Seemed pretty cool. I'll let you know more once I give it a proper playthrough.
Thanks!
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Carnal1 »

This is great. :w00t: Definitely challenging both with strokes/edges as well as pacing. There's enough time to decide on play, but no waffling. I like the option to skip rest time too, tho can't say I would!?

I'll certainly be playing many more times.

If you're seeking input (and the game is great as is) some thoughts:

▪ At the end, Cum round, it says you can come whenever you want. But if you click the cumming button it says you lost.

▪ I don't think it matters much (would make the game a little harder!) but I think usually in Blackjack the dealer doesn't deal themselves additional cards until the other players are done.

▪ I wonder if there'd be a way to incorporate some kind of player wagering. Maybe easier/harder strokes/edges or maybe other kinks like head/shaft stroking, cbt, cei, pot, tieing, etc. Maybe somehow with splitting pairs or doubling down or follow on games or something. Maybe though that would interfere too much with the pacing or simply be too much PIA.

Anyway, it's great and thanks for your obvious efforts in making & sharing it. And your other game "Be Nice, or Else!" (Also great)
Kristycookie
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kristycookie »

Round 2 was too tough for me tonight... after a bunch of edges I hit 43(?) strokes in 14 seconds and it did me in (I even used 3 rests).

Fucking loved the tease though. Would love an option to only do edges & edge holds when you lose a hand. Otherwise I think it's perfect in it's simplicity, great job!
tckt78
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by tckt78 »

Excellent tease so far!!! I like this premise all around. The one thing that I would change up is the metronome during the play of the hand. I would turn it off as a rest moment, but with the timer that "punishes" you if didn't choose an option in time. To that point, I'd shorten the time to choose to 15-20s.

Looking forward to this being fully released!!
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Thanks to all of you for your feedback so far!

Here are the changes for v0.3:
  • Reduced default volume level. (Thanks [private]) I'm curious if this is too low. Please let me know!
  • Added settings manager so players can customize their experience a bit before starting a game. (I'm torn on this. I like giving people options, but hate the complexity it adds to UI.)
  • Added "Beat Volume" setting.
  • Added "Fap In Round" setting. Default is enabled. If disabled, there will be no metronome while waiting for HIT/STAND, and timeout is reduced to 15s. (Thanks tckt78)
  • Added "Stroke Penalty Limit" setting. Default is disabled. If enabled, stroke penalties will only happen in rounds 1.x and cum rounds. (Thanks Kristycookie)
  • Fixed issue where game could say you lost in cum rounds. (Thanks Carnal1)
  • Added final score for player & dealer when round ends. (Thanks [private])
Last edited by fapnip on Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Carnal1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 amThis is great. :w00t: Definitely challenging both with strokes/edges as well as pacing. There's enough time to decide on play, but no waffling. I like the option to skip rest time too, tho can't say I would!?
Thanks!
Carnal1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 amAt the end, Cum round, it says you can come whenever you want. But if you click the cumming button it says you lost.
Please re-test in latest release.
Carnal1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 amI don't think it matters much (would make the game a little harder!) but I think usually in Blackjack the dealer doesn't deal themselves additional cards until the other players are done.
I wasn't sure how to best handle this when it's just you against the dealer with no other players.
Carnal1 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:39 amI wonder if there'd be a way to incorporate some kind of player wagering. Maybe easier/harder strokes/edges or maybe other kinks like head/shaft stroking, cbt, cei, pot, tieing, etc. Maybe somehow with splitting pairs or doubling down or follow on games or something. Maybe though that would interfere too much with the pacing or simply be too much PIA.
My goal with this tease was, first, to see if it was even possible to make a playable blackjack game in EOS, then keep it as simple as possible while hopefully being engaging enough to play. I tried to come up with a way to work in doubling down, but gave up. Certainly open to suggestions/ideas for another tease!

Kristycookie wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:35 amFucking loved the tease though. Would love an option to only do edges & edge holds when you lose a hand. Otherwise I think it's perfect in it's simplicity, great job!
Thanks! Please let me know if the changes in v0.3 are close enough to address your edge only request.
tckt78 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:02 pm Excellent tease so far!!! I like this premise all around. The one thing that I would change up is the metronome during the play of the hand. I would turn it off as a rest moment, but with the timer that "punishes" you if didn't choose an option in time. To that point, I'd shorten the time to choose to 15-20s.
Thanks! Please let me know if the change in v0.3 does the trick.
Liquidorus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Liquidorus »

Hey there,

I really love that webtease. Already played it he third time.
You are that kind of developer who knows what they are doing, I appreciate your work and look forward to the next one :w00t:
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Liquidorus wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm I really love that webtease. Already played it he third time. [...] I appreciate your work and look forward to the next one :w00t:
Thanks!

For anyone that tried to use the webtease in the last half hour or so and failed, please accept my apologies. Was making changes to what I thought was my development version, but was instead editing this pre-release one. Should be back now.
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE/FEEDBACK] FapJack with Melody

Post by fapnip »

Thank you all for the feedback!

Tease has been released.
Achatius
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Achatius »

I would appreciate more stroking instead of edging. After every edge you got a "free rest" so i had 7 unused rests in the end
Liquidorus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Liquidorus »

Hey, it's me again.
I just played be nice, or else. It is kind of a game as well.
Anyways then I just thought a nice little tweak for your next teases would be to have some moaning in audio as well to try to push you over the edge and loose :-D
Ambossli
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ambossli »

Interessting

But I have the feeling the game is riged in the dealers favor
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

Liquidorus wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:36 amAnyways then I just thought a nice little tweak for your next teases would be to have some moaning in audio as well to try to push you over the edge and loose :-D
Interesting idea. I may give that a shot in the future. Thanks!
Ambossli wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 11:44 amBut I have the feeling the game is riged in the dealers favor
It re-shuffles the deck after every hand and it's as random as JavaScript's random method allows, but it is surprising how often the dealer wins.
Achatius wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:11 amI would appreciate more stroking instead of edging. After every edge you got a "free rest" so i had 7 unused rests in the end
It's completely random. I could increase the probability of stroking I suppose. The free rest time does (should) decrease after each full round.
Surprised that you ended (won?) with 7 unused rests... maybe I should increase stroking penalty probability and length based on number of unused rests?