A great novel on a dominant female and a submissive male

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
pindanot
Explorer
Explorer

A great novel on a dominant female and a submissive male

Post by pindanot »

I just finished this fantastic book by Mario Vargas Llosa called "Mischiefs of the Bad Girl" (original title: Travesuras de la Niña Mala). It's about this guy who's head over heels with a girl but she uses him as her doormat (not literally :-P). Written against a background of important social and political events of the 20th century, the story is not really about femdom but it does create that atmosphere. The guy is just a sucker for her love and she sells it at a very high price.

I just thought I'd post it in case you don't know what book to read next.

Feel free to recommend some other books that have the same feel to it.
free
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: A great novel on a dominant female and a submissive male

Post by free »

Hi Pindanot,

Yeah you might enjoy Laughter in the Dark by Vladimir Nabokov. Has a woman totally manipulating a man who's besotted with her. Also some cuckoldry going on if I remember right. It's a good book.

Not for the faint-hearted: Torture Garden by Octave Mirbeau also has a strong female lead with a man wrapped round her little finger. She also gets sexually excited by sadistic spectacles: a little kinky bonus if that’s your thing. Though warning: when I say sadistic I do mean sadistic. If you've read any Sade though, this book is child's play in comparison; in terms of shock-value.

Both the above two books also not about Femdom but create the atmosphere.

Also: haven't read it myself yet (it's on my list) but Venus in Furs by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch is about a woman dominating a man (although in this case it is the man who specifically requests she do so as that is his kink). It also ends with a bit of a twist I believe you might find titillating, but I won't give spoilers. (PM me if you want more details, or it's on Wikipedia). The term Masochism actually derives from the name of this author (coined by Kraft-Ebbing in Psychopathia Sexualis) and I understand this is an important book in the history of BDSM.

Any other good books yourself? I love reading.

free
Transformation of thought is Transformation of being
pindanot
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pindanot »

thanks for the suggestions! I'm defenetly going to check out Vladimir Nabokov. Isn't he the author that came up with the name "lollita" for a young girl with whom men fall in love?
free
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by free »

Yeah Nabokov wrote Lolita, also a great book and as you say, the name Lolita is now almost synonymous with a young seductress. Lolita has some elements of the girl manipulating the man but there’s also much manipulation going the other way. Laughter in the Dark is pretty sustained manipulation by the female from start to finish. I think it’s exactly what you’re looking for.

Post when you've finished it (it's only short) - would love to know what you think!
Transformation of thought is Transformation of being
subboytom
Explorer
Explorer

Post by subboytom »

Not that I'm ever short of books to read - I reckon as a rough guess I own about a thousand books, about half of which I havent read - but these all sound fun. On a non-fiction note, theres a memoir of a very perverted guy's teenage years which I read recently, all about his search for that next, and better, orgasm. It starts of very, very funny - rather like an adult-rated Adrian Mole - but it does get darker towards the end.
It's called Oedipus Wrecked, by Kevin Keck.
"I've been, waiting a long time, for this moment to come, I'm desperate, for anything at all" - What Greenday Might Have Sung, if they had never sung the frankly laughable line "When masturbation's lost its fun".