Major Site Update

You can find important news and current events here.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Major Site Update

Post by seraph0x »

Dear Milovanians,

We just finished uploading a major site update. The design has changed, the tease browser has dramatically changed and we've got a new forum. I really hope you like it, I've tried to modernize the theme while staying true to the previous look. Now we need your input to fine tune everything! :smile:

If you experience any bugs or glitches always try hitting Ctrl+F5 first and see if that fixes it already. If not, please post your troubles here or send an email to [email protected] .

We also have a new suggestion feature that tries to guess what kind of teases you like. If you have rated more than five teases and would like to help us test and bugfix this feature, please look here for instructions.

All in all, with an update as large as this (much of the site's innards have changed a lot) there are bound to be some problems. Please make sure you report everything you notice, so we can get a picture quickly and start fixing. Thanks! :wave:

Opera users: We're currently having some trouble with Opera, but those problems should be fixed soon. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-(
Edit: Fixed. Everything should now work in Opera. If you still have problems, please report to the Tech Support forums.

Ok then, have fun with the update and let us know what you think. :smile:

Best Wishes,

Seraph0x ;-)

PS: And another big news item today: We just had our 10000th forum post! I'm not quite sure whose post it was, but I think we can all agree that it was a community effort anyway. So a giant thank you to all posters! :thankyou:
Salerio
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Major Site Update

Post by Salerio »

Trying to search teases isn't working for me.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Salerio wrote:Trying to search teases isn't working for me.
Fixed. Thanks for the report. :-)

Also, I'm planning to improve and integrate the search function further, I just didn't have the time yet.
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by jp »

The pink bar under the name of a tease doesn't extend all the way to the right on Internet Explorer 7.0.6. The last two digits of the date are not covered by the pink par.

Also, should there be a search bar on the Webteases page? It's a bit of an inconvenience to have to go to the forums to search for a webtease.

Annnnd (sorry, keep thinking of more), the "Live on Milovana" isn't working right now. Still shows the second MAFAT tease as the latest addition, not any of these forum posts.
Griffyn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Griffyn »

First 5 minutes with the new site:

- My list of teases that I've created has disappeared from the profile page
- Clicking on a user's link to see their profile gives a 404
- When logged in, if a view a webtease, the status box in the top right showing my username and 'logout' indicates that I'm not logged in.
- I've marked a tease as my favorite - but I can't see where to get my summary page of my favorites.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

jp wrote:The pink bar under the name of a tease doesn't extend all the way to the right on Internet Explorer 7.0.6. The last two digits of the date are not covered by the pink par.
Fixed, press F5 to see the change.
Griffyn wrote:- My list of teases that I've created has disappeared from the profile page
Will be fixed in a sec.
Edit: Fixed.
Griffyn wrote:- Clicking on a user's link to see their profile gives a 404
Fixed for the tease list, let me know if the problem also pops up somewhere else.
Griffyn wrote:- When logged in, if a view a webtease, the status box in the top right showing my username and 'logout' indicates that I'm not logged in.
Fixed.
Griffyn wrote:- I've marked a tease as my favorite - but I can't see where to get my summary page of my favorites.
jp wrote:Also, should there be a search bar on the Webteases page? It's a bit of an inconvenience to have to go to the forums to search for a webtease.
Ok, both of these two problems can be solved by clicking on the change filter/search link right above the list of teases. That makes a whole menu popup.

But I can see how that might be quite hard to find. Sorry about that, I'll think of something to make it more obvious. :-)
jp wrote:Annnnd (sorry, keep thinking of more), the "Live on Milovana" isn't working right now. Still shows the second MAFAT tease as the latest addition, not any of these forum posts.
Fixed.

This is fun. :lol: Keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:
Griffyn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Griffyn »

Ok - I used the change filter thingy and clicked on My Favorites... but the list that came up had 4 teases. The first one was the one I had just maked as a fave. The other 3 seemed random. I don't recall even rating them.
Griffyn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Griffyn »

the profile link for the random tease still gives a 404
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Griffyn wrote:the profile link for the random tease still gives a 404
Fixed.
Griffyn wrote:Ok - I used the change filter thingy and clicked on My Favorites... but the list that came up had 4 teases. The first one was the one I had just maked as a fave. The other 3 seemed random. I don't recall even rating them.
Should be fixed. Try again now please. :-)

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! :love:
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by jp »

seraph0x wrote:
jp wrote:Also, should there be a search bar on the Webteases page? It's a bit of an inconvenience to have to go to the forums to search for a webtease.
Ok, both of these two problems can be solved by clicking on the change filter/search link right above the list of teases. That makes a whole menu popup.

But I can see how that might be quite hard to find. Sorry about that, I'll think of something to make it more obvious. :-)
I don't even have that link. =) I just have the big pink panel and it lets me sort by Rating, Date, or Views. That's it.
seraph0x wrote:
jp wrote:Annnnd (sorry, keep thinking of more), the "Live on Milovana" isn't working right now. Still shows the second MAFAT tease as the latest addition, not any of these forum posts.
Fixed.
Close, but no cigar. It updated, but it shows 32,000 some hours ago as the most recent post (which is the announcement at the top of this thread) and still doesn't show the actual most recent post.
Griffyn
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Griffyn »

I think I'm done for the moment. Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into the update. Thank you for a great effort! I'm liking the new changes a lot.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

jp wrote:I don't even have that link. =) I just have the big pink panel and it lets me sort by Rating, Date, or Views. That's it.
:huh: Could you send me a screenshot via PM or mail, please?
jp wrote:Close, but no cigar. It updated, but it shows 32,000 some hours ago as the most recent post (which is the announcement at the top of this thread) and still doesn't show the actual most recent post.
Time fixed. The post text is gonna take longer and it's not a priority, so that'll have to do for now.
Griffyn wrote:I think I'm done for the moment. Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into the update. Thank you for a great effort! I'm liking the new changes a lot.
Thanks! I know I should've done a better job at testing everything beforehand, but at some point you just have to jump into the cold water and just put it out there, you can never anticipate every single bug anyway. :-)
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by jp »

Screenshot sent via email.
mike1978
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mike1978 »

I just tried to add a new page to a tease I'm working on and when I tried to save it I was brought to a page that said The tease could not be accessed. Not sure if this is a bug due to the update or just a problem I'm having, but I thought I'd let you know before anyone else tried to add a page to a tease and losses it.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm using Internet Explorer and it was a tease I had first created before the update.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

jp wrote:Screenshot sent via email.
Much appreciated, thanks! :-)