Bias in webtease ratings

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
notme
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Bias in webtease ratings

Post by notme »

I think traditional webteases have a higher rating on average than they should. For flash based you can submit your rating at any time...so if bad (in your opinion) you can rate it and close it and move on. For traditional webteases you can only submit rating at the end so if bad (in your opinion) I assume a lot of people just close it and move on, while the people that like it are mostly the only ones that go to the end and give a higher rating. So on balance the traditional webteases will be missing a certain percentage of low ratings so the average will be higher compared to flash based teases....
Quiet Linda
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Domme (Female)
Dom/me(s): ?
Sub/Slave(s): Please?
Missy
Nicole
Sharin
Missy
Sasha
Anna
Rose
Kayla
Katelynn
tflover
k123
Winnie

Re: Bias in webtease ratings

Post by Quiet Linda »

True artists such as Decker, ballsfull or even me,
write teases to please a segment of the Milovana community.
As such, ratings do not matter.
Art for Arts sake.
Roar.
malibu900
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): Don't have one but wouldn't mind an online domme if anyone is interested...

Post by malibu900 »

Fortunately there are awards for both traditional and flash teases, so either way they both get recognized.
That's what she said
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

I'm with Quiet Linda on this one as well. Ratings don't mean a hell of a lot to me. I write because I like writing.

So you could say I write for a segment of the community......me. :-P

Seriously though, feedback is far more valuable to me than a simple number. People can click any number they like for whatever reason they like. Which kind of makes them useless as an indicator of how good or bad a tease might be.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

:hi:
to milovana nice first post.
looks like you stirred up some controversy

you may not know this but when flash teases were introduced... you could not vote on them... at all!!!

I would actually advocate that flash tease also only let you vote only after you read the entire tease!!!!

like it or hate it someone spent some time working on that tease, writing, gathering pictures....
and you Should be "forced" to read the whole thing before you vote on it...!!!

I wish people would not put a low rating just because of : model, spelling/grammar, "not my kink"
but people vote on teases for different reasons and that is not going to change...

my latest denial challenge I clearly asked people to not vote on it... because more content was going to be added... and yet they voted on it anyway
sooo

YES I want people to actually READ a tease!!! :lol:
actually following the tease instructions (when you want to) would be even MORE awesome!!! :yes:
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
dragoul
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by dragoul »

There is also a bias in traditional teases, because only people who like a tease will finish it and will thus be able to rate it. I actually think, that the rating system of flashteases is better.
hhhobo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by hhhobo »

When I do a flashtease, I always do it full screen. That way I am not tempted to rate it before I get to the end. I recommend it for everyone.
Quiet Linda
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Domme (Female)
Dom/me(s): ?
Sub/Slave(s): Please?
Missy
Nicole
Sharin
Missy
Sasha
Anna
Rose
Kayla
Katelynn
tflover
k123
Winnie

Post by Quiet Linda »

SexualChoc wrote::hi:
to milovana nice first post.
looks like you stirred up some controversy

you may not know this but when flash teases were introduced... you could not vote on them... at all!!!

I would actually advocate that flash tease also only let you vote only after you read the entire tease!!!!

like it or hate it someone spent some time working on that tease, writing, gathering pictures....
and you Should be "forced" to read the whole thing before you vote on it...!!!

I wish people would not put a low rating just because of : model, spelling/grammar, "not my kink"
but people vote on teases for different reasons and that is not going to change...

my latest denial challenge I clearly asked people to not vote on it... because more content was going to be added... and yet they voted on it anyway
sooo

YES I want people to actually READ a tease!!! :lol:
actually following the tease instructions (when you want to) would be even MORE awesome!!! :yes:
Your words express my thoughts.
Might add that I avoid giving bad ratings for minor errors in English.
Most of the people (over 2/3) that speak English world wide, it is a second language.
Cut them a break, send them a nice PM with corrections.