Incorporation of TeaseMe

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Incorporation of TeaseMe

Post by janmb »

Since TeaseMe is clearly come to stay and growing stronger for each and every day, I think it would be on high time and make a lot of sense to have it somewhat better incorporated into the website in several aspects:

1. Separate forum (as sub forum to the art of webteasing or directly under general)

2. Added as a third tease category in addition to regular and flash

And later:
3. TeaseMe Of The Month (this one might be a bit premature yet though, but with teaseme recognized as a third tease type, this is a natural extension of that once the volume is high enough to support it)
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Incorporation of TeaseMe

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

Since I have started getting into the TeaseMe program I have come to realize that the program is an awesome extension of Milovana. I think you brought up a couple very good points.

I fully support the ideas. I think you just got the proverbial ball rolling and it's just a matter of time. Very nice jan... :-)
FicklePickleTickle
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FicklePickleTickle »

I would like to add my support to this idea also. I do agree that the TotM for TeaseMe might be too early since the amount of authors making TeaseMe specific content probably isn't high enough yet, but it should be.

It does definitely need its own forum to make it easier to find the content and also to help others in getting the hang of designing for it.

The potential for this program is very high. The way that Flash allows for more variety and user immersion, TeaseMe goes beyond that and will have even more to offer in the future.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

I at least would like it to have a forum headline or sticky subgroup
I looked up tease me on search and it will soon get large enough that there are to many entries for a search of forum.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

The two main problems I'd like to see amended are

1. All teaseme content cluttered up in a single thread

2. Regular teases used as placeholders for teaseme teases. This both pisses off regular tease fans, produces bad ratings, and prevents separating the two when searching teases.
FicklePickleTickle
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FicklePickleTickle »

Both of those issues would be of great benefit. In addition, it might encourage new people to install TeaseMe and also make it easier to centralize content. The best thing that I see from it is the encouragement of new authors. A subtopic dedicated to helping authors get the most out of the process.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

I totally support the idea.
The number of teases for TeaseMe is growing steadily, so it would be nice if you could search for TeaseMe teases like you can do for the other categories.
Cock Hero - Overwatch 3 is out! viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22817
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

We can definitely do a forum under Art of Webteasing. Two things to figure out:

1. Who would be able to mod the new forum? Everyone please pick a few people who are active in the TeaseMe community that you'd like to nominate.

2. I don't want more than seven forums per category. So if there is going to be a new forum, I'd like to split GENERAL into two categories. If you have any idea on what the two categories should be called and how the forums should be split, let me know!

As for creating a fifth* tease type for TeaseMe - Sorry guys, it's just not going to happen. Downloadable content doesn't fit our format as far as the webtease section is concerned. Cock Hero was also a candidate where I looked into the possibility, but decided not to do it.

It's conceivable that we may create a new section or even a separate website for those things in the future, but right now most of my time is tied up with the Eos visual editor. (Which we launched to our beta testers a few weeks ago. PM me if you want to be a tester.) So if there is going to be a separate section for CH/TeaseMe and/or other downloadable content, it would likely happen towards the second half of 2013.

(* Type 1 are regular teases, 2 are FlashTeases, 3 are audio teases and 4 are Eos teases.)
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

A forum would be great, and a sub-forum under AoW serves that purpose just fine.

1. I'd shamelessly like to volunteer myself for that. Other sensible candidates might be devion, takenaga and philo, who all have stakes in the teaseme world, then again I don't think it makes sense to burden the developers with mundane tasks such as modding.

2. Nah, just go with a AoW sub-forum imo... it belongs there anyway.

As for the tease category, shame, but I understand. With a separate sub-forum a lot of the need is amended too though, but using sensible stickies in that forum for listing available teases etc instead of using the webteases page here on milo for that purpose.

In that case though, I'm tempted to suggest we stop using regular teases as placeholders for teaseme content and use the forum only for that.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

seraph0x wrote: 2. I don't want more than seven forums per category. So if there is going to be a new forum, I'd like to split GENERAL into two categories. If you have any idea on what the two categories should be called and how the forums should be split, let me know!
In my opinion an own forum for TeasMe would be much better than just a subforum of The Art Of Webteasing.
The first idea which comes into my mind regarding splitting General is that there is the category
"General" including "All And Everything", "Games", "Stories", "Hardware & Teledildonics" and "Site & Product Reviews" and the category "Teasing" including "The Art Of Webteasing", "TeaseMe", "On Video" and "Confessions".

As a mod for the TeaseMe forum I suggest the same guys as janmb, including him :-)
seraph0x wrote: (* Type 1 are regular teases, 2 are FlashTeases, 3 are audio teases and 4 are Eos teases.)
I searched for Eos and came across a post where it said that it would fully support java. Is that true?
That would be to good to be true :w00t:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Venus wrote:I searched for Eos and came across a post where it said that it would fully support java. Is that true?
Java and JavaScript are two very different languages. As they say: "Java and Javascript are similar like Car and Carpet are similar." Eos uses JavaScript, not Java.

But if you're asking whether Eos will be programmable - yes, it will be. Security is a big concern, but we've developed a pretty decent object-capability sandbox, so we can let you write your own sandboxed JavaScript to determine tease behavior.

As for the forum - I'm reading your feedback with interest and still waiting for a few more people to chime in.
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

I'm not so sure we really need a "new" forum for it. Perhaps just rename the "On video" one instead. Pretty much everything in there is for CH already. Take all that out and you're left with basically nothing under "On Video." Making that one a bit superfluous really.
Venus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Venus »

seraph0x wrote:
Venus wrote:I searched for Eos and came across a post where it said that it would fully support java. Is that true?
Java and JavaScript are two very different languages. As they say: "Java and Javascript are similar like Car and Carpet are similar." Eos uses JavaScript, not Java.

But if you're asking whether Eos will be programmable - yes, it will be. Security is a big concern, but we've developed a pretty decent object-capability sandbox, so we can let you write your own sandboxed JavaScript to determine tease behavior.

As for the forum - I'm reading your feedback with interest and still waiting for a few more people to chime in.
Thanks for the info! JavaScript sounds great. I'm really looking forward to this.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

Incubo wrote:I'm not so sure we really need a "new" forum for it. Perhaps just rename the "On video" one instead. Pretty much everything in there is for CH already. Take all that out and you're left with basically nothing under "On Video." Making that one a bit superfluous really.
Afraid you have things mixed up a little here. This discussion, and possibly new sub-forum, has nothing to do with Cock Hero or other videos at all.
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

janmb wrote:
Incubo wrote:I'm not so sure we really need a "new" forum for it. Perhaps just rename the "On video" one instead. Pretty much everything in there is for CH already. Take all that out and you're left with basically nothing under "On Video." Making that one a bit superfluous really.
Afraid you have things mixed up a little here. This discussion, and possibly new sub-forum, has nothing to do with Cock Hero or other videos at all.
Doh! :lol:

My bad.
You're right, I was a little mixed up there. :blush: