HAVING PRIVATE MESSAGE ISSUES

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
adorekristina
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Domme (Female)

HAVING PRIVATE MESSAGE ISSUES

Post by adorekristina »

I'm having an issue with My outgoing private emails...they don't seem to be sending, just sitting in My "outbox".

I'm reluctant to post this in the forum, but since the email isnt working, I can't send a message to any of the admins.

anyone know what I should do?

-PK
slave alexander
Experimentor
Experimentor

Re: HAVING PRIVATE MESSAGE ISSUES

Post by slave alexander »

Hi Kristina !

It could just mean that they haven't been read yet. If You liked You could send me one and i could open it just to make sure it sends ok seeing as im on-line now :-)
adorekristina
Explorer
Explorer

Post by adorekristina »

great...I'll try it right now!!!

-PK
slave alexander
Experimentor
Experimentor

aww good i realized after that it could be seen as a rather lame way to get a pm from the delightful AdoreKristina ! But i can assure you it wasnt completely this :blush: :innocent:
motsel
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by motsel »

Dear Ms adorekristina

Not knowing what you are using for mail client it is dificult to provide much assistance. It is possible that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be having problems with their outgoing mail servers which should clearup after a short while.

In the event that you are using Microsoft Outlook you can try going to the Tools tab and select Options,
1-Then select the mail setup tab.
2-Click on the e-mail accounts.
3-Click on change - be very careful here you should write down all the values in the forms even those on the "more settings" pages before making any changes. (Sometimes, fortuately not often, it is necessary to delete account and reenter the information as a new account.)
4-After writing down the information hit cancel so you can go back to steps 1 - 2
5-This time hit change and make a small change (delete a letter then retype it) say to your name.
6-Then hit the "test settings" - If test succeeds hit the next and you are done

7-If not then repeat 1-2 if repair is a presented option you can try it else delete the account then select add new and recreate it from the information you recorded in step 3.
freaau
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by freaau »

Last edited by freaau on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry - i've had to leave this place - i cannot be reached anymore

Goodbye all.
adorekristina
Explorer
Explorer

Post by adorekristina »

yes, alexander figured it out right away...and My email (through the M.com system) is working fine!!!

so if anyone wants to send Me any private messages, I'll be able to reply...hahaha
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Alright that does it. This is about the tenth time somebody got confused by the term "Outbox".

So we have "Outbox" and "Sent messages". How can we rename these so it becomes clear one is for unread sent messages and one is for sent messages that have been opened by the recipient?
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

Outbox -> In delivery?

That's the dumbest I'v managed to think of =\
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Hmm, "in delivery" is better than outbox, but it still sounds like it's waiting on something other than just being read.
adorekristina
Explorer
Explorer

Post by adorekristina »

for Me, it was just a matter of a few messages sitting in the "outbox" over the last few weeks and I thought perhaps they were not being "sent" because of some system error...I had no knowledge that there was a need for the messages to read by the recipient in order to be classified as "sent".

but now I know, if its just sitting there, it means that it hasnt been read yet!!!

I suppose if you really want to make it more clear, you could just include a note at the top of the "outbox", letting the user know that messages in the outbox are waiting to be received...as most regular email programs only list a message in the "outbox" when it hasnt been sent from the end of the sender.

PS ROOSTER...telling Me that I'm hot is always a good enough reason to email Me!!!!!!!
slave alexander
Experimentor
Experimentor

adorekristina wrote:yes, alexander figured it out right away...and My email (through the M.com system) is working fine!!!

so if anyone wants to send Me any private messages, I'll be able to reply...hahaha
aww it was my pleasure :bow: :-D however be careful Princess Kristina You may face a pm avalanche with such talk haha :innocent: :whistle:
slave alexander
Experimentor
Experimentor

seraph0x wrote:Alright that does it. This is about the tenth time somebody got confused by the term "Outbox".

So we have "Outbox" and "Sent messages". How can we rename these so it becomes clear one is for unread sent messages and one is for sent messages that have been opened by the recipient?
errrm :hmmm: its hard in just one word you could have its in the mail / on its way ! what about on some mobiles you get a message report when its been sent nah i guess thats not really necessary / would be more work for not much reward errm i will keep thinking tho! maybe inspiration will strike for me or somebody cleverer :-)
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

seraph0x wrote:Hmm, "in delivery" is better than outbox, but it still sounds like it's waiting on something other than just being read.
How about:
Outbox --> Sent "Not Read"
Sent --> Sent "Read"
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

seraph0x wrote:Hmm, "in delivery" is better than outbox, but it still sounds like it's waiting on something other than just being read.

I have broad experience with this particular forum software, and yes, a message apparently stuck in your Outbox is as others have already suggest a simple matter of the addressee not having read it (yet).
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!