Model Paperwork? Other Photo details?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Alison
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Model Paperwork? Other Photo details?

Post by Alison »

What paperwork do you need from models when you do shots for Milovana?

My arrangement with my models and my photographer is that everyone will get credit where ever the photos are used, and everyone has the rights to use the photos for fun projects, as long as they don't sell them...

Is there something else I need to do?

Alison
silkysheering
Multimedia Guru
Multimedia Guru

Post by silkysheering »

Hi Alison,

As long as your the official custodian of record, meaning that
you keep a record of IDs and proof of age and have a release
for the images everything should be cool.

I don't think credit would be a problem. I'm pretty sure seraph0x
would be pleased to do that.

Perhaps placing a tiny watermark from Milovana and the
photographer on the image would also be ok but once again I
defer to seraph0x on that suggestion.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Woah, woah, woah, hold on there a minute Silky.

First of all, there are some more requirements than just for a CoR to exist, he also has to be quoted in the appropriate places. We don't have to do that, since we are non-US, but if Alison is US-based, she might have to.

A watermark from Milovana would seem weird. If Alison wants to put Milovana watermarks we'd be honored of course, but it's her pictures, so I'd expect her to put her watermark.

And lastly, please don't ever speak in my name again. Whenever you give your personal opinion on something make sure you make it very clear it's your opinion. Thanks. (No hard feelings, I know you had the best intentions. But some things still have to go through me, especially legal issues.)
alisonx wrote:What paperwork do you need from models when you do shots for Milovana?
We're not an original publisher, therefore so far we didn't need any paperwork, because the various sites and companies that allow us to use their promotional pictures took care of that.

So if you want to publish pictures on Milovana that have been published nowhere else as of now I'll be glad to help you to research what requirements you need to fulfill. We can't provide actual legal counseling, but we can point you in the right direction, since mrfire and I are somewhat versed in the area by now.

Again, we'd be very honored if we could make this happen since it would be our first original content. So we'll most definitely help you in every way we can. You can of course PM me or email [email protected] if you prefer not to discuss this in public.

First of all, please let me know what country you or - if you are acting as a company - where your company is residing in. Secondly, by "as long as they don't sell them" do you mean that just sale/rent is forbidden or any commercial use? (We are planning to make money through advertising and voluntary donations, so we are a commercial site. Fortunately almost all promotional pictures allow that kind of indirect commercial activity since free sites usually do advertising.)
Alison
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Country

Post by Alison »

I'm in New Mexico- which despite certain protestations from various quarters... is in the United States.

So these teases I'm doing for Milovana... no one else writes the text first and then creates photos to match? Ever?

Alison
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Mz_Teneale used some photos of herself but not for the whole tease. She combined them with other photos and placed them at the end or the start of a tease.
So these teases I'm doing for Milovana... no one else writes the text first and then creates photos to match? Ever?
So yes if you would make a whole tease with self made pictures which are especially made for the text, this would be unique. And it would be a very big success, I think.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Country

Post by seraph0x »

alisonx wrote:I'm in New Mexico- which despite certain protestations from various quarters... is in the United States.
:lol:

Ok, so you will have to take care of 2257. (Unless the photographer already has 2257 records, then you only need to make sure they can be found. -> Watermark?)

Top 10 Cheat Sheet for 2257

Longer, but much more context and background: 2257 Primer

Once you have a custodian of records (be it yourself or somebody else) you can send me the address and I'll publish it for you. (In that case a Milovana watermark might actually be a good idea to avoid confusion.)

Alternatively you can post the 2257 on your own site and put a watermark with your site address on the image, then it would be like any other tease from our perspective.

Besides the 2257 records, you also need a signed release form. Lookie here: Adult Site Law - Forms (look for "MODEL RELEASE ADULT")

It's enough if the photographer has a release form, but you should definitely get a copy in order to protect yourself. If the photographer has experience with adult images, he might actually be a better address to ask for advice than me, because he knows the exact quirks of your particular state.

Again, this is not legal advice, I'm not a lawyer and you should definitely consult one, especially if you plan on publishing more in the future.
alisonx wrote:So these teases I'm doing for Milovana... no one else writes the text first and then creates photos to match? Ever?
Well, we've only been here for one year, but during that time: Not that I know of. Edit: Dark was faster, yes, Teneale technically published her own images, but she was the model herself and she lives in Australia which is well away from 2257-land. ;-)