Toxic Treat: Race to exposure

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
SophiaStafford
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Toxic Treat: Race to exposure

Post by SophiaStafford »

It's 5:44 AM on a Wednesday morning.

The first person to email me their real phone number, along with their permission to call that number, will get a prize. The winner's Telephone number will dialed but not publicly published.

Sophia
[email protected]
Toxic Treat -- what you crave is toxic.
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: Toxic Treat: Race to exposure

Post by green »

I feel that there is a hitch somewhere. :-)
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by dtspam »

Well if you happen to have a disposable cell, it may be worth a try ;-)
nakedoncam
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nakedoncam »

i would but for some reason dont trust this
nakedoncam
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nakedoncam »

has anyone done this yet
Spiderlord
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Spiderlord »

Yeah, as a matter of internet safety, you should never give out this kind of information. While we all know that Sophia would probably just want it to have a little fun and demonstrate her ability to get submissive men to ask "how high?" in mid-jump, there are never any guarantees that a person online is who they say they are (have you ever had an account hacked? I have!) or that the data they request will be transmitted and stored in a secure fashion. I have had roommates who have spoofed IP addresses, MAC addresses, and even telephone numbers before. Luckily, they were just prank calling a McDonalds in Japan, but if a bunch of Art-History majors can do it, then so can any half decent scam artist or thug.

Monotonous responsibility rant aside, I'm damn curious what she intends to do with the numbers she collects. :P
nakedoncam
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nakedoncam »

agreed but like you said could have been hacked though im sure someone out there was brave enough to have already done it and hopefully got a wonderful surprise that or they are fucked and not in a good way
cal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cal »

So even with all your warnings I bet she has 30+ numbers.

I'll admit I almost sent mine. She an exciting and dangerous woman (I mean that as a compliment). Having read her posts this seems like something she would do.

When it comes down to it though she could have gotten her account hacked and this is not her.

I'll just fantasize about what may have happened if I had sent my number. So in a way she has given me a reward already.

Cal
TheGraduate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by TheGraduate »

Just want to point out that she's said she won't publish it.

She has NOT said she won't use that number to find out the rest of your information (a very easy task) and then blackmail you, or who knows what else. In fact, when you think about it, she's promised you very, very little. The only thing she has said no to is publishing the number itself. Think about that.

By now, you all know the deal. The guys who give in to her siren song are all lost enough in their fantasies that nobody can talk them out of it, and those reasonable enough to be dissuaded already are.

Each will do what they will, so debating it is kinda pointless.
cal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cal »

I'm not debating if you should or should not give her your number. What I am saying is just the notion of her post is very tantalizing.

Think about this, many of the exciting webteases are ones where total control is taken from you. Her post is the start of a very exciting story/webtease. Use your imagination and think about how exciting this fiction could be. Now in reality trying to manufacture your fantasies is never as exciting as you would think so send her your number is probably not the best idea.

What happens in real life is usually so much more exciting than trying to live out a ficticious fantasy. Many of you who are in a Dom/sub relationship chose to be in it with someone you love. Those of us who are not in a Dom/sub relationship may fantasize about being forced into one.

Sophia's posts help to stir our imaginations and that is what Milovana is all about. I have never spoken whith her and have no idea what she is really like but tonight when I dream her post may help me to have some wild dreams, or maybe nightmares.

Thank you for the inspiration,

Cal
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by green »

I agree, cal.

The fantasy is infact exciting. But I'm not a fan of long term playing.. And I don't like people to be overserious(does that word exist?) @___@.. blackmailing and that stuff.

Just think about what you're doing !.

Anyways, I guess by now Sophia got at least 5 numbers ;]... So don't even bother to send you her number anymore, except that ofcourse she decides to allow more participants ;-)

Sophia: I guess it's just logical that the first thing people do is post up "warnings", I guess that is because you left that part out, and people who don't know you may justbe out for a little fun.
I suggest that you should always add, that doing as you please may have pretty real and maybe even lasting results, cause not everyone knows what you're doing, and what you're into ;-).
So that would be just fair.

~green~
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
neloangelo1227
Explorer
Explorer

Post by neloangelo1227 »

It'd be funny if someone read this thread and figured, "I bet at this point, everyone thinks someone else sent her their number, so no one has actually sent it. I may as well send mine," and then it turns out the prize is cookies.
"Submission, like apology, is often mistaken for a sign of weakness."
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

I tend to look at it another way.
Yes, she's clearly stated her goal in these sorts of things and while I detest that goal and wholeheartedly disagree with her approach to this lifestyle, I at least appreciate that she's upfront about it because it allows anyone who becomes involved with her to do so at their own risk.

If she in fact, does ruin them in some way, I feel like it's their own fault. She's been pretty clear about that intention, so it really shouldn't be any suprise when she follows through on it. So, in my mind, it's freedom of choice on the "user's" part. (for lack of a better word)

Failure on their part to consider the ramifications of getting involved with her are not her fault and I don't see any reason to admonish her for it. I completely disagree with her and I sure as hell wouldn't get involved with her, but she's just as entitled to her opinions and approach as anyone else and I don't see any reason to censor her for it. It's up to the folks listening to her to choose their own fate and decide whether or not the risk is worth it. As long as she's honest about her intentions, I don't see a problem. Let her say whatever she wants to say as far as I'm concerned.
Makarov
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Makarov »

I'll totally hand out my phone number to strangers for the slim chance of acquiring cookies! They are the chewy kind, right? Cause if they aren't...I'll be sad. :no:
TheGraduate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by TheGraduate »

Incubo wrote:Let her say whatever she wants to say as far as I'm concerned.
It's not what she's saying, it's what she's doing, and actions are very, very different than words.

Ruining the lives of people with social anxiety problems by preying on their vulnerability is un-ethical, and rubs sane, healthy people the wrong way, regardless of who is ultimately "responsible" in your mind.

She's not "expressing her kink". She's damaging people's lives.

Generally, people look down on that kind of thing.

I am content to simply not be involved, but it seems a lot of people are missing the fact that she's not just talking about dark fantasies.
Last edited by TheGraduate on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.