[Release][Feedback] The Mythical Realm of Myrewood Isle - The Black Key

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [Release][Feedback] The Mythical Realm of Myrewood Isle - The Black Key

Post by r0nin47 »

Ramidiran wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:45 pm Hi,
First of All, thank you for your work. Really enjoyed it. I would personally love to have the Chance to save the game and continue at a later point. I do not enjoy the Metronom personally, but there might be others that Do. An Option to enable or disable it would be awesome. I did enjoy General Sound effect. The Story is entertaining and fun to read and follow.
I've added a way to resume the tease at certain checkpoints, as well as a way to jump right to a few of the more fun encounters for those who have played all the way through already. The Milovana website is very slow right now, so it may take a while to see these changes.
Ramidiran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ramidiran »

That is great. Thank you for the Update.
Ramidiran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ramidiran »

Bug report:
Spoiler: show
If you pick the day2 lexia loyalist Option at the Checkpoint, it does put you back to the Starting screen. If you pick Listen to her at the beginning of day 1, after the night with tania, nothing happens.
Second encounter
i went with lexia and looking forward to the next chapter. I would love to make the decision what is going to happen with delara and would enjoy a second and longer encounter with selonia
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

Ramidiran wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:51 pm Bug report:
If you pick the day2 lexia loyalist Option at the Checkpoint, it does put you back to the Starting screen. If you pick Listen to her at the beginning of day 1, after the night with tania, nothing happens.
Second encounter
i went with lexia and looking forward to the next chapter. I would love to make the decision what is going to happen with delara and would enjoy a second and longer encounter with selonia
Thanks for letting me know about that broken link, and for the feedback. I'm always curious to know which choices people make.

Fixed:
* Lexia, Day 2
* Selonia should have a 2nd encounter on day two if you chose to help Lexia
I am currently working on some bonus content, including a 3rd encounter with Selonia.
Last edited by r0nin47 on Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

Changelog, 9/08/23:

* Bug fixes
* Added 2 new encounters
* Added a password for bonus content, and punishment encounter for those who try to cheat
Encounters Added
* Late night visit from a certain vampire if you sided with Zora
* Repeatable long encounter with Selonia
* Avelia, Guardian of the Bonus Content
ALL FUTURE CONTENT FOR THIS SERIES HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Last edited by r0nin47 on Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playsafe9 »

Hi, thanks for the new releases!
I'm a bit confused: Is the rereleased "part 1" all previous parts 1-5? The old passwords won't work for the new release I guess.
I've also checked out the old Coven tease, at least part 1 got broken text formations now.
It would also be great to skip through the forced timers, because I simply would like to reread the story to freshen up my memory. Or to see all the content / repeat the story because of mistakes.

Also in the rereleased part 1 I've got captured immediately and the game thought I've already met
the elven princess
edit: and my tablet didn't load further after filling the orb. I didn't understand how to leave the fullscreen mode to see if it was the end of the content with voting options.
Cheers!
Last edited by playsafe9 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

playsafe9 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:44 pm I'm a bit confused: Is the rereleased "part 1" all previous parts 1-5?
No. It's just a redone version of part 1 with a lot of added content.
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

Announcement 9/12/2023

Based on the response (or in this case, a lack thereof) to this chapter, I've decided that other than fixing bugs, I will no longer be working on this series in any form, and concentrating all my efforts on another project.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

I haven't played the previous parts, only the last two teases, but I like the whole setting, the adventure-like gameplay etc. a lot. I might go back and play the rest of the series as well.

There are a few points, that I think could be improved.
Technical:
  • The stroking sounds sometimes overlap or stop too early or too late. You should play them on infinite repeat and stop them using an accion whenever you want them to stop.
  • You often ask whether the player took a certain step in the past. You could use variables for that to store the decision.
  • I usually play teases in one go, even very long ones. But if you want to use checkpoints, you can use the server-side storage feature to do so. Especially if you start to use variables a lot you otherwise have to ask the user for every decision again.
Non-technical:
  • The dialog in quotations and with narrative phrases does not make much sense to me for an interactive form like webteases. Stuff like "she insists" "she admits" and so on does not add anything. Just write spoken text in color as you do, without any of these phrases. There is a picture of a person, she is speaking. That makes the experience much more immersive.
  • Sometimes, you describe what is already visible in the picture. "She smiles at you". It is more immersive, if you chose pictures that bring that across. Your teases already contain a lot of text, which sometimes is needed and is not bad in general. But especially when interacting with people, there should not be too much descriptive text of the scene. Explain the setting etc. between the scenes and make the scenes/dialog feel more like a movie or comic book, not like a novel.
  • Sometimes, you have unnecessarily long timers. If I get an instruction to edge after extensive teasing I'm there in 10 seconds. You often have one or two timers adding up to a minute or so. Make it a short timer like 5 seconds and show the edge button.
  • You often start with stroking instructions like "pump it for me", encourage the player to stroke quicker and then at some point start a stroking sound. When the sound starts, I am often already stroking quicker than the sound indicates, which breaks the logic at that point. Try not to mix stroking instructions and stroking beats in one section. You can have both in a tease, even both in one teasing section, but put a break or something between switching from one to the other, and don't alternate rapidly.
  • For my personal taste, there are too many cum instructions. I do cum rarely anyway, so I never cum for teases. But even when I still did do that, I would have required a break after an orgasm for a few hours and after the second orgasm I would not have continued. So if there is an orgasm during a tease, you should store progress and allow to close the tease and resume some other time or give the player a password to continue later or something. Personally, I prefer a way to get around the orgasm last minute and continue with the story. But this point is more personal taste, other people might want to get to an orgasm a few times. Most probably will want to stop playing for a while after an orgasm though.
I think your world building, story telling etc. is great. I've rated your tease with 5 stars. Your teases could be among the very best teases if you polished them a bit in the way I described. If you need help with the technical stuff, ask a way. There are people willing to help, including me.

Also, I am not sure why you are complaining about feedback. Your tease is rated 4.8. And it takes a while to do it. I personally only give feedback after I've played a tease more or less completely, and it can take weeks after release till I find the time for a large tease.
Ramidiran
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ramidiran »

r0nin47 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:06 pm Announcement 9/12/2023

Based on the response (or in this case, a lack thereof) to this chapter, I've decided that other than fixing bugs, I will no longer be working on this series in any form, and concentrating all my efforts on another project.
Would be a shame. I really enjoyed your content. But I still wish you all the best and thank you for all the content you did so far.
andreas261
Explorer
Explorer

Post by andreas261 »

Hey!
This was an excellent tease 9/10.
only feedback I can give after one try is the beach orb recharge scene with delara? was it? took too long haha :-D too much edging. But this could be a personal thing. And she allowed me to cum, but after that the story didn't continue? I fell asleep and heard some talking abd I got the impression the story would still continue, but maybe it was one of the endings.
Overall a really really really good piece. I appreciated all the beautiful tits :lol: :love:
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by r0nin47 »

Just a small update. I am currently working on the other three bonus encounters, and fixing a few small issues I discovered. I will probably have this update finished by tomorrow.
Masoslave
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by Masoslave »

thx for the work
arn29
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arn29 »

This is a great tease! Thank you for the work you put into it.
ffxx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ffxx »

I just played the rebooted episode for the first time. Thanks for making it r0nin47. The worldbuilding and the writing is really something special.