Favorite teases list for registered members

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
takarta
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Favorite teases list for registered members

Post by takarta »

I'm always searching for my favorite teases. the ones I like the most I re-visit continually. If there were an option for registered members to add certain teases to a favorites list, I think it would be a great addition to an already great site.
Thanks for any consideration.
elgoomgnizalb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elgoomgnizalb »

That would be nice. Navigating the teases is getting unwieldy, even with the tags, seeing as how alot of the older ones are tagless.

There's a search function that isn't really implemented for the teases, too.
mrfire
Virtual Fireman
Virtual Fireman

Post by mrfire »

There's a search function that isn't really implemented for the teases, too.
Out of curiosity, what sort of things would you expect the search function to search for? Just titles? Tags? Or would you want it to do a full search into the text of the tease?

Would that be useful? Or would it just be equally unwieldy?

Or, is there a certain amount of information contained within the first page of the tease? Should that be an option? (though I can't think that the first page contains anymore or less information helpful to a search than any other page of the tease)

Anyways, I agree that with all of this wonderful user input, the tease database is getting massive and somewhat hard to navigate. Everybody can do their part by tagging teases as they go through them, but we're working on helping the organization a little bit more too. (although Seraph0x has a few more fun things on his todo list right now, and I think you'll be glad that his priorities are where they are. this secret project... wow. trust me. :-D )

All the best,
- Mr Fire
tdrules
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by tdrules »

Well I pretty much know the titles to my favs so as long as the title was searchable it would work for me and easier for a programmer too.

since there is almost 30 pages of teases we could put them at the top instead of 1.2.3.4.5 .....24.25.26.27

we could do
1-10....11-20....20-30 and increase as the teases get more.

there could also be a search option based on grade of tease like 5 stars on down to 1 star that that way we could vote for our most popular and then find them easier like that too

I like the whole random tease idea.

If their was a edit for the teases we could put tags on the older ones so that we can use the tags

also maybe a search by author too.

but awesome site best of the best between here and myspace my two favs.

keep up the great work
havemercy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by havemercy »

:-| This is a problem for you guys?

I just created a folder in my favourites and named it a WT for web tease. Every time I do a tease I like or if I see one with a high ranking but don't have the time to do it, I just save the link and visit it next time.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Sure, fav list is not a problem. But the thing we're working on right now has priority and will keep us busy for a little while, so please have some patience and just bookmark the first page of the teases you want to keep for now. :-)

As for the search function. Maybe it's best if I just wire that search box up to a Google site search until I have the time to create a proper search function. ;-)
elgoomgnizalb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elgoomgnizalb »

That would be nice. Even if it is a little jurry-rigged. ;)

I know the 'secret project' is taking up alot of time, so anything you can do would be fantastic.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

Didn;t i read some where you wanted the project to be finished sometime in Feb 2007? :whistle:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

wonkywanker wrote:Didn;t i read some where you wanted the project to be finished sometime in Feb 2007? :whistle:
We are about three months behind schedule as explained here.

The latest news is that we are extremely close to releasing something, but I'm working on an important essay for my studies right now which is due by April 17th. So expect something new for around that time.
motsel
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive

Post by motsel »

Why not assign each tease a sequentlal number (e.g., 230 - Worship me). You would still be able to list the teases in reverse order (i.e., newest to oldest) as is currently done. The number would serve as a flag when searching through the list of older teases to assist you to find your favorites.

This number should be unique - I have noticed at times that a tease is present one day and missing the next - so a unique permanent number should be assigned to the tease when it is first added.
Binary
CPU Whisperer
CPU Whisperer

Post by Binary »

motsel wrote:Why not assign each tease a sequentlal number (e.g., 230 - Worship me). You would still be able to list the teases in reverse order (i.e., newest to oldest) as is currently done. The number would serve as a flag when searching through the list of older teases to assist you to find your favorites.

This number should be unique - I have noticed at times that a tease is present one day and missing the next - so a unique permanent number should be assigned to the tease when it is first added.
It is ;)

Check the URL for a tease.
cmc
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cmc »

I can understand why people may want this. Though surely that's also a good way of ruining your favourite tease's through over familiarity etc... Personally I just like to check out new teases as they appear and use the Ramdom Tease selection, works for me :)

Cheers everyone
ts
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ts »

I could see a value in this if the fev. lists were public - If I found a tease I liked I could see who else liked it and what other teases they liked...

But if the site saves the votes from from members it should be possible to make a "Recommended teases"-box at the end of a tease. (Like IMDB's recommended movies)
(By finding the teases that members who voted 4-5 for the tease also voted 4-5 for - the exact algorithm will have to be a lot more complex)
And that will probably a better way to find teases, that are similar - because lots of people vote... (Even non-member votes could be used in the recommendations-calculation, a cookie could be use to track how a non-member votes on different teases)

- This is (I see now) a completely different suggestion than the one takarta made. (But he just need to make some bookmarks :-) - problem solved)
My idea takes some serious work, in figuring out how to calculate which teases should be recommended - but first it require some logging...
So if you like the idea, you should start logging now :-)
- I suspect you are already doing most if not all of the logging needed, so you can prevent the same user from voting multiple times?