Website running slow

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Website running slow

Post by markus »

verynicekojak wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:09 am or you give wide access rights and then you risk that someone can, even by accident, delete whole server, or database or something like that.
Hello,

sorry, but I disagree on that point.
I am an OCP (Oracle Certificated Professional), and I know that the 'privileges' of an Admin can be set VERY fine grained, in an Oracle database, but also in the popular free databases like Mariadb.
Setting the 'privileges' to what a secondary-admin needs to solve problems on the server-side isn't that hard, setting those correctly plus having a daily database backup (which should be needless to say) makes it kinda bullet-proof against such an accidental 'delete-the-whole-server'-thing.

And I'm sure that any of us could delete a lot.
Your company should look for a new main-server-admin if that's the case, seriously.

It's different in community projects like this. You must trust others or have control.
Here I agree on the trust, of course it's a whole different case to give some stranger from the internet access to your database as it would be to give that to someone you are working together in a company, even if that access is limited (fine grained).

On the other hand, BECAUSE this is 'JUST' a community project, the data in the database is by far not that sensitive as data in a company-database, ... yes, still there MUST be trust, ... but I have the impression that this forum has some long-time members which could be trusted and which showed that they are quite professional as well.

Joey- wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:59 pm If it continues like this, I think a Milovana replacement will be inevitable.
That was my main point, ... and better now, as long as this site is still accessible to have the possibility to share such a alternative website-address, than when it's too late.
I still hope that this will not be needed, but to have a 'backup' shelter - just in case - so that the users of this great community can keep in touch elsewhere if the worst case happens seems a better idea each day passes without that nothing happens here to repair the issues.

Bhurk wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:03 pm If they dont know whats the issue then they dont have a competent web dev on their team. Any competent web dev would have fixed this already, websites go down occassionaly here and there but majority of the time they get fixed the same day or next day.
For this to go on this long it just tell me that either nobody is even working on the problem or the person who is doesnt know how to fix it.
This.

Best greetings and let's cross our fingers that this forum/page will be back soon in it's full glory,

Markus
verynicekojak
Explorer
Explorer

Post by verynicekojak »

markus wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:44 pm Setting the 'privileges' to what a secondary-admin needs to solve problems on the server-side isn't that hard, setting those correctly plus having a daily database backup (which should be needless to say) makes it kinda bullet-proof against such an accidental 'delete-the-whole-server'-thing.
And I'm sure that any of us could delete a lot.
Your company should look for a new main-server-admin if that's the case, seriously.
Of course you are right that it can be done, and it should be done in professional projects. But here we don't know how much time and knowledge our admin has. Anyway, we will see what happens :-).
Amorcita
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Amorcita »

Okay, this is a bit longer than expected. Moving into the "site might actually die" territory :/
I hope it doesn't, and if it does, I hope there will be an archive of content, so someone can set up a successor site.

Now I'm not ungrateful or impatient. It's just how these things go..
Been visiting here probably round a decade, huge thanks to Seraph0x as well as tease creators for what they do
Shattered
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Switch

Post by Shattered »

Amorcita wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 am Okay, this is a bit longer than expected. Moving into the "site might actually die" territory :/
For context, the last time we had a major site issue, the site wasn't just slow with issues it straight up didn't work for a whole month, and many of us did assume it was gone for good.

The fact it's still half-functional, while clearly not ideal, is a lot better than last time :lol:

No updates sadly, but I'm sure we will all notice as soon as there is one.
doremi
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by doremi »

Well, I noticed that it's a little faster now, so I'm racing to update the download page now. :lol:
Cock Hero Database (on the ice atm) - https://www.ch-db.club/ - :gathering:
[APP] Cock Hero Slideshow Player - Thinking about a script feature for [APP] Cock Hero Video Player :icecream:
If your video is too fat, there's a solution!
Spoiler: show
The generated output of your video editor may be bloated, too big for not any significant benefit. One thing you can do is use HANDBRAKE with the H.264 (x264), RF18 Constant Quality and Web Optimized / Fast Start options, all other options by default. You'd be surprised how smaller the video becomes, without any impact to the quality.
:yes:

LINKS:

HandBrake, The open source video transcoder
https://handbrake.fr/

For future reference, here's the original Hanbrake post by Eriol:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=12815&hilit=Handbrake#p164242
Interesting for further details about the process.
:thumbsup:
So many projects to kill, so little time. :-)
markus
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by markus »

Amorcita wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 am I hope there will be an archive of content, so someone can set up a successor site.
I am quite sure that there is a backup of the database, ... but when I see how 'professional' all of this is handled, I am also quite sure that the only one who has access to that backup is again only the one and only, ... so in case that one doesn't show up again, all the backups will rot unused.

Maybe the users here should think about to download / backup what can be downloaded /rescued already, ... stuff with direct links are easy, for webteases there is a downloader:
viewtopic.php?t=24101

(I did already some downloads / backups for what's seem important to me, but no teases)

Best greetings,
Markus
CXZman
Explorer
Explorer

Post by CXZman »

Oh ? feels like the website is much more responsive now. Still broken css for the forum, but the pages load much faster
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

CXZman wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:35 am Oh ? feels like the website is much more responsive now. Still broken css for the forum, but the pages load much faster
It's been going in and out, there are times performance seems normal and other times the delay has inconsistent and sometimes worse than it was before this all started.
puste
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by puste »

But now it seems the issue has been solved. Today it is runnig much faster and interface look normal.
Thanks for this great work that has certainly been done in this.
SeleniumBurger
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SeleniumBurger »

Woo-hoo!! :w00t:
tommarr
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by tommarr »