Build my own device or buy the Coyote ?

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
TwinkyBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Build my own device or buy the Coyote ?

Post by TwinkyBoy »

Hello,

I recently discover this website and love it contents especially the cock hero videos. I do not own any estim device and I feel like I am missing out a lot. So far, my way of playing is to convert funscripts via xtoys.app to turn stroking movements into vibrations compatible with a prostate massager. I have a lot of fun this way, but I am getting curious about estim. It would mostly be to use with an anal toy (probably the Moaner). 
After doing some researches, I am torn between buying the Coyote by DG Labs or building a device thanks to the tutorials on this website. 
Would the Coyote be enough for this kind of play, or would you recommend me to build a device ?
In chastity since: 08 September 2022
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Build my own device or buy the Coyote ?

Post by froog »

I would recommend building one if you have a basic understanding of audio and wiring things together - I have a few commercial devices, though not the coyote, but I always use my own device now when I can. Only time use the commercial ones now that they are more portable, and take less setup, or if I want some extra trodes. I've not really put my own one in a box, so it's not portable, and it's also not battery powered like the commercial ones.

I followed the instructions for the "tronic midistim" basic build - using instructions and advice from the smartstim forum (which is no longer here), so not exactly the the instructions here, but they seem very similar.

It was quite easy - took me a few hours once I had everything. The hardest thing was getting all the right parts. In particular if you want to be sure to be safe - getting the right power supply to the amplifier. I'm not going to attempt to say what is the right sort here, just to advise that this bit seems to be important for safety. I would recommend sharing the parts you are buying on a forum to get a second opinion on if they are good.

Good luck to you.
19Hellothere83
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by 19Hellothere83 »

Hey Twinky

I also reccomd buiding your own if you have a basic technical understanding.
I have buit several and I think the best so far is the one accoring to lolol's design, here the link:
viewtopic.php?t=23302

please feel free to dm me if you need help.

Have fun, estim is awesome!
And that especially thanks to the great community here on this forum!
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

if you want to play with Funscript or any audiostim based video or webteases, you will likely be disappointed with the Coyote.

I have build two DIY Midistim (Stereostim) devices and just to try it for a comparison, I bought the Coyote for $100 with the electrode included to get the free shipping. The egg electrode feels terrible for anal use but I got it because people said the plug electrode sucked, but without it, I would have paid shipping and saved only $2. The Coyote is an ok device paired with xtoys but you can use xtoys with audio based estim toys too. The DG Lab app is great in the "touch mode" with a partner because it's playful that way, but there isn't much to the app and it gets old quickly.

The DIY Stereostim devices feel a ton better and for about the same price you only really lose out on having a very portable battery powered device. Frankly my Coyote mostly sits in a drawer while I use audio based content created by Cock Hero, estim, and funscript community members with my DIY device I built.
andyupnaway
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by andyupnaway »

I don't own a Coyote so cannot provide an informed opinion on that device. It looks interesting and appears to be an excellent value for what it offers.

I did recently assemble a DIY stereostim box using the design based on "Tronic's MidiStim" viewtopic.php?t=23322 which is essentially a stripped down version of the lolol2 design. The "box" has exceeded my expectations and definitely believe either Tronic's or lolol2's design is worth the $$ and effort to put together. Only mod from original design was the addition of 10ohm resistors installed parallel to the line transformer suggested by another user down in thread.

I have a little over 10 years experience stmming using a TENS 7000. The DIY stereostim box is in a different league. The advantages that either the TENS7000 or the Coyote is the small compact form factor and perhaps ease of use. The DIY box is bulky in comparison and requires additional setup time before a session ... but worth it!
TwinkyBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by TwinkyBoy »

Thank you all for your advices. It seems that you all agree. I will try to build a DIY device.
In chastity since: 08 September 2022