[Feedback] The Cursed Ascent (now with poll!)

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

What new feature would you like the most? (*Explanation in first post. Feel free to comment below!)

harder difficulty option: harder tasks
10%
harder difficulty option: e.g. less max health or stronger Vixens
4%
easier difficulty option: easier tasks or regen after battle
7%
Boss Mode* (fight a hard new Vixen)
22%
Artifact shop* (change entire Ascent)
6%
Challenge (option before a fight: gain gold but make the Vixen stronger)
7%
New task: Tease*
9%
Cheat Mode*
12%
Player-created Vixens*
6%
User-created Vixens*
16%

Total votes: 139

zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Feedback] The Cursed Ascent (now with poll!)

Post by zenetix »

Hey, thanks for all the work you've put into this. I've enjoyed it a lot (even though CBT isn't one my kinks).
Spoiler: show
I attempted to try out the Edgelord mode and I think I ran into a bug. In The Purgatory vs. The Vampire I tried to Boost and it gave me a 15 second timer for ballooning with two fingers and then it gave a prompt to balloon with one finger, but then the timer disappeared and no further prompts appeared after that. The tease didn't progress past that point. I reset, tried it again, and got the same result. I chose the curse of Weakness if that matters.
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by itslate »

Ah, thank you!
I found the bug. It happened in Balloning and Edge Holding Tasks whenever the action level was 0 (due to relaxed for example).
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

orangekettle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:29 am I've finally managed to save up some keys (7) and I want to try the Bossmode.
But when I go to buy password I don't know what to input there?
Also how many keys are required to unlock a bossmode?
Hey, you just need to buy a "Vixen" with keys. They cost 1-4, depending on their realm.
Interstate
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Interstate »

Hey I just wanted to say that it's absolutely my favourite tease and you have outdone yourself with this one. Amazing work. I hope it keeps on growing!
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

orangekettle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 amI have tried a couple bosses but I lost the passwords I unlocked lol.
Is there any way to see a list of the passwords you have obtained?
No, there isn't. The reason is limited save sizes with EOS.
orangekettle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 amOne more thing, I may have encountered a bug with bossmode vixen The Vampire.
I preconfigured her stats before the fight and gave her alot more hitpoints, I think I upped it from 20 to like 60.
Yup, I found the bug. Thank you! Unfortunately, I have been working on some other stuff and have to figure that out before I can upload the new patch.
orangekettle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:03 amOne more thought and suggestion for the tease... Sound...Sound!?
I remember you suggested playing the tease with music to add to the battle feeling, and I like to do that too it definitely helps.
But what about sounds for abilities, or lustful moaning sounds etc. when the vixens do certain things? Erotic sound can definitely be the end of me sometimes and push me over by accident.
Is there anyway to add sounds to the tease, sounds for certain actions, sounds by the vixens, etc.?
That's a really cool idea. It wouldn't be that hard to code, but finding good audio files that are not gonna get boring, is.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

It seems like at the Dojo I can't learn the more powerful boost actions on Veteran mode. I can only learn Boost II; the third and fourth options don't ever appear. Training seems to work fine though.
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

That's strange, it really should work. There is a random factor in what actions are offered to you. Can you test and confirm again for me?
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

itslate wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:14 pm That's strange, it really should work. There is a random factor in what actions are offered to you. Can you test and confirm again for me?
Yeah, I can get to a point where I can purchase all actions offered. Eventually, when I try to purchase more actions the Dojo just stops displaying actions to purchase. After that, re-rolling doesn't do anything because everything has been purchased.
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

zenetix wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:53 pmYeah, I can get to a point where I can purchase all actions offered. Eventually, when I try to purchase more actions the Dojo just stops displaying actions to purchase. After that, re-rolling doesn't do anything because everything has been purchased.
I checked again and I can buy the last actions no problem. You said you were in Veteran mode, do you mean the Veteran rogue or Challenge mode? Knowing what options you exactly chose will make it easier to debug.
If you bought all actions, you won't be able to purchase anything. However, when you purchase the actions from task level 3 (Shield Slam, Death Blow, ...), the fourth and last action will get unlocked to be bought 100%. Buying an action from task level 4 (Shield Throw) will result in no more actions being offered from that type, because you mastered it.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

itslate wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:31 pm
zenetix wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:53 pmYeah, I can get to a point where I can purchase all actions offered. Eventually, when I try to purchase more actions the Dojo just stops displaying actions to purchase. After that, re-rolling doesn't do anything because everything has been purchased.
I checked again and I can buy the last actions no problem. You said you were in Veteran mode, do you mean the Veteran rogue or Challenge mode? Knowing what options you exactly chose will make it easier to debug.
If you bought all actions, you won't be able to purchase anything. However, when you purchase the actions from task level 3 (Shield Slam, Death Blow, ...), the fourth and last action will get unlocked to be bought 100%. Buying an action from task level 4 (Shield Throw) will result in no more actions being offered from that type, because you mastered it.
I'm in Veteran rogue with the Challenge mode on. I purchased all the actions for Block, Attack, Steal, etc. up to task level 4. I can purchase Boost up to task level 2. Boost task levels 3 and 4 aren't available for purchase.
amauy
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by amauy »

Hi,
first of all thank you very much for this wonderful tease. I have a couple of questions concerning the rules of this game.

1. When you cum do you have to report it through the red button? Why is it not implemented in the fight itself?
2. Is a stroke considered to be a full stroke (up and down) or is it just up OR down?
3. According to the rules: When I die, how long do I have to wait until I can try a new ascent?

Again, thank you very much for this tease and for using your time and expertise to create this.

Best,
Amauy

P.s.: There is one grammatical mistake I have found, which could be easily fixed: When you steal all gold from a vixen (until there is no more left), a text appears: “[...] has no more gold”
However there are some vixens combining multiple characters in one (f.e. twins). In this case the text is still: “The twins has no more gold.” Without having to go to much into detail, you could adapt the text for ALL vixens with something that suits both cases, for example a short message like “No more gold to steal.” Just an idea, maybe I’m wrong :)
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

Hey guys, I just patched the way buying a password for boss mode works. Please keep me updated if you find bugs!
amauy wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 am 1. When you cum do you have to report it through the red button? Why is it not implemented in the fight itself?
2. Is a stroke considered to be a full stroke (up and down) or is it just up OR down?
3. According to the rules: When I die, how long do I have to wait until I can try a new ascent?
1. If you cum, you lost. Since that shouldn't happen I didn't program that in. Just stop the tease and feel bad :-)
2. up and down
3. You don't have to wait at all.

The anal tasks are programmed a bit differently. Is anyone else bothered by the function of the "done" button?
301stLegion
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 301stLegion »

itslate wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:48 pm The anal tasks are programmed a bit differently. Is anyone else bothered by the function of the "done" button?
I know this thread has been quite for a little while but I came back to play the tease again because I really do like it.

I personally do think the done button might not be the best way of doing this. As the above poster mentioned its the sort of task that will often leave you hands away from the keyboard and thus you probably aren't gonna be able to hit the button unless you leave a good few seconds spare when doing the task.

I'd actually love if some of the anal tasks did have a metronome as well if you do revisit this at all.
bobhill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by bobhill »

Hi - what a great tease, I am glad I saw it referenced in another post recently! :yes:

I know it's mentioned in some posts, but I'm having trouble with the save / restart functions. When I quit the game, or use "end ascent" and come back later, I always have the "New Game" option, never anything to resume the prior game.

How do you end so that you can resume later? I would like to get to some of the higher level areas. :whistle:

Thanks and great work!!! :-) BH
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

Hey, I am assuming you are logged in to Milovana? Your save game is always updated, but you are only allowed to leave between fights. If you leave in a fight, you should get a different welcoming message.

If the bug persists, lets chat in the pm`s so we can solve the issue :-)