[Abandoned] TeaseViewer Ver 0.4.2 - Offline EOS viewer

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

[Abandoned] TeaseViewer Ver 0.4.2 - Offline EOS viewer

Post by Thamrill »

Hi, thank you for showing interest in this project. I'm sorry to inform you that this project has been closed due to a combination of reasons.

To prevent issues, all instances of the downloader that came with the software have been disabled.

Bests,
~Thamrill
Spoiler: show
Hi everyone, just a quick update to inform you the newer version of TeaseViewer is released.
This release is the first in beta version, meaning that now it's only bufixes, new features will come after the release version.
I'm sorry, but I don't know when future updates will come, the lack of general interest in this project do not entice me to go forward

If you run the program in this phase, please set the logging level to "all", so that you have logs of what's happening if bugs arise and you can share along with the bug report. Helps me if I don't have to download a whole tease and play through something that's not of my liking just to find a small bug. Thanks.

TeaseViewer only works with teases natively built for EOS, not with flashteases updated to EOS

b_0.4.2 introduces the following features:
  • corrected bug in preferences menu
TeaseDownloader has been updated to fix an issue with the multiple downloads requiring thumbnails.

You can find the releases for the different platforms here: https://mega.nz/folder/GVJU3JJS#KBk6ZRsU3eErPksvBYPbfg

I've added a secondary repository for TeaseDownloader (which is still being shipped with TeaseViewer), it's just to have a plece where to upload updates to TeaseDownlader without having to make a new version of TeaseViewer. You can find it here:
https://mega.nz/folder/bIYkGLrI#F4VsHTLulgvGXQjBDTI2nQ

Up-to-date source code is available in a zip file inside the folder with the releases.

Teases repository: https://mega.nz/folder/Ma4UBaLa#t3zMFMdHu-81w24hxuXo_w
This is slowly being updated.

Older versions, emojis, examples and debug files:
https://mega.nz/folder/eBZGDLzJ#K1gDmlPXbOFmjw78bkOE-w

Let me know if you find any issue.

Cheers :wave: ,

-Thamrill

What follows is snippets from the previous version of this post.
I still have shit-ton stuff to do before a proper release can be made, but at least I want to see if it works on different systems. I've tested the jars on Win10 64-bit and Ubuntu; I can't test on MacOS. If you can launch the application but you can't load teases try updating to JAVA 13 or newer version (https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html or from Oracle site, but you have to register there in order to download the runtime environments).

If you run it under ubuntu make sure to install glib (sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev) or you won't be able to use audio files.

As a disclaimer, this software is released as a preliminary version as-is, so I take no responsibility for the consequences of its usage (being it proper or improper).

As this is the first time I'm releasing a software publicly I hope everything works correctly. If you have any constructive comment, suggestion or advice, feel free to post here or DM me about them. For the moment, do not report bugs in teases executions but only on the program itself. As I mentioned in the announcement, only EOS teases are supported, for now.

Here https://mega.nz/folder/6A4T0IJR#myOYJKWf9oTgODtAUxb9fw in the Emoji folder you can download emoji set to use (these have been made a separate set of files to reduce the size of the release jar). See readme of the new release to learn more about emoji installation.
The most important update to this version is the enabling of the downloader function publicly. As mentioned in previous releases, I am kind of worried about excessive stress on Milovana servers due to downloads, so I've taken a couple of decision regarding the downloader:
  • the downloader is run as a different program, making use of JUnique to force a single instance of the downloader itself (the downloader jar is included in the main program, run TeaseViewer once to make it available);
  • the downloader downloads a single file every 10 seconds, so it is quite slow in downloading, but is not too slow, my aim is pushing people to download teases shared on different platforms (as this forum) and I'm working on some kind of external repository system;
  • you can download any tease, however, as of now, the program can only play native EOS teases (those that have the EOS symbol on the webteases page), other tease types will be supported in the future;
  • the downloader checks an hard-coded string against some values on a gists-hosted file I own to see if it's allowed to download files, so if anyone sees a decrease of Milovana performance after I release this software, I can prevent people to download anymore. This will be used in the future to phase-out outdated versions of the downloader (as every downloader will have its own key). If I will ever foresee that my interest in this project is dying out, I will release a version without this limitation.
PS.: in this spoiler I reposted the announcement post, which has preview of development images (and some spoilers of a tease).
Thamrill wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:53 pm Greetings everyone, I've come to announce that my offline teaseviewer application is getting at very good development stage.

I know this comes out of nowhere, but I took my time before doing this announcement as I wanted a quasi complete version before giving anyone false hopes.

During the last months I've worked to a java application that allows playing teases offline; so far only pure eos teases are being supported, in the future I plan to also include classic and ex-flash teases.

I had to face a lot of problems I never faced before in developing this software and there is still lot to implement and improve, but for quite simple teases the application seems to be working correctly. I'm not going to release an alpha version until I'm quite satisfied with the program.

Once finished, I will be releasing also the source code.

What's done:
  • general application framework
  • tease downloader
  • image management
  • audio management
  • notification manager
  • base scripting functions
What's to be done:
  • implementation of teaseStorage API
  • variable page target
  • eval in text
  • verification that all APIs are correctly implemented
  • implementation of emojis
  • quality-of-life upgrades:
    1. improving general application graphics
    2. implementing save state mechanism
And the two most difficult things to do:
  • create icons for many different buttons in the application
  • find a name for the application :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can see in the picture the program running with "One night edge" by MW (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=46800). I used such tease as my benchmark as it has most of the actions but it is relatively simple.

The background color is computed considering the colors of the 2 outermost pixels of the images (basically it considers the most common color in a 2 wide strip all around the image).

The program supports html formatted text

A preview of the buttons

A preview of timer

It supports fullscreen

At the end of the tease, it opens some links to visit Milovana pages associated with the tease

As a sidenote, after completing the Eos implementation I will probably work on a tease writer and afterwards I will implement also Nyx actions.

PS: I tried to keep an EOS look in the program as the teases are written for being played in such style, if there is any problem with that, I can change the graphical implementation of components.

a_0.3.0 introduces the following features:
  • update of icon and splashscreen;
  • update of graphics, multiple styles available under Edit>Preferences>Appearance>GUI style;
  • updated the downloader (you should delete the previous executable in data folder), added a guide and a function to queue multiple teases downloads;
  • teaseStorage functions now work, data is saved in-between sessions;
  • fixed bugs related to EOS API (such as the issue found with e-stim tease);
a_0.3.1 fixes:
  • F11 not making application go fullscreen
  • Open tease not working on mac (hopefully)
  • Apostrophes causing issues in prompt actions
a_0.4.0 introduces the following features:
  • support for different font families for tease content;
  • cleaned up the file menu;
  • fixed image resolution being crappy;
  • added debug mode to skip timers (I will also implement skipping notifications and say-waiting, in the future);
  • added auto-copy functionality;
  • added manual copy functionality (right click a text bubble to copy its textual content);
  • reworked a bit exceptions management to also have pop ups dialog to report errors.
You can follow my development blog here https://thamrillsden.blogspot.com <- not being updated as seems like nobody is interested
Releases history:
  • 0.4.0 - various quality-of-life upgrades, addition of pop-up errors, debug mode
  • 0.3.1 - bug-fix update
  • 0.3.0 - teaseStorage and all API working correctly release
  • 0.2.0 - downloader release
  • 0.1.0 - OS support release
  • 0.0.1 - initial release
In order to be able to run this program, verify you have java 13+ installed and correctly set-up. I fyou need to donwnload a new copy, go here (https://adoptopenjdk.net/archive.html?v ... nt=hotspot) and download the most recent version of java 14 installer for your operating system, JRE version.

Install as admin (or equivalent), leave everything as is, especially the path setup.

Once installed you should be able to run the program by opening the .jar file inside the program folder.
Last edited by Thamrill on Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:55 am, edited 30 times in total.

hallojo1337
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [Alpha-release] TeaseViewer

Post by hallojo1337 »

:thumbsup: :thankyou:

I would love to have some more teases :love:
elvisomar
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): None, but I'd be interested

Post by elvisomar »

I would love to hear from other Mac OS users if this can work, and how.
Morexis
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Morexis »

Hey Thamrill, this is very cool. Saving teases offline sounds like a great idea! :-D

However, I wanted to let you know that ever since you posted this thread, I've been having substantial problems with EOS not loading images and media files, thus not being able to select images and preview projects. :-(

Of course, I don't know for sure if this is related to your TeaseViewer and there may very well be a different cause, but you mentioned burdening the Milovana servers, so there might be a connection. Would you mind taking a look at this issue?
Saving teases is great but it's no use if it stops creators from creating new ones...

Already published teases don't seem to be affected but my EOS projects and unpublished teases are really messed up right now. EOS has been having a lot of problems in the past, I think it's better to be careful with this rather unstable software. :-)
Last edited by Morexis on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🕹️ HAVE FUN PLAYING MY GAMES!

Join our Discord to get in contact with me and other hentai tease creators and players! 🤙
And please consider supporting me on Patreon for more content! 💖

Creator of the MOST PLAYED tease in 2020 🥇
Creator of the fourth most played tease in 2020
Creator of the third most played tease in 2019
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

Morexis wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:50 am Hey Thamrill, this is very cool. Saving teases offline sounds like a great idea! :-D

However, I wanted to let you know that ever since you posted this thread, I've been having substantial problems with EOS not loading images and media files, thus not being able to select images and preview projects. :-(

Of course, I don't know for sure if this is related to your TeaseViewer and there may very well be a different cause, but you mentioned burdening the Milovana servers, so there might be a connection. Would you mind taking a look at this issue?
Saving teases is great but it's no use if it stops creators from creating new ones...

Already published teases don't seem to be affected but my EOS projects and unpublished teases are really messed up right now. EOS has been having a lot of problems in the past, I think it's better to be careful with this rather unstable software. :-)
No, it's not related to my software. I have the only version of the software that can download teases and I've not been using it to download stuff lately. That's the only way my software connects to Milovana servers, hence it's not an issue related to my program. That's the precise reason why I disabled downloads for the time being.

Morexis
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Morexis »

Hm alright, that's good to hear. Looks like something else is causing the issues then... let's hope it's just some temporary server troubles.

Thanks for the quick response, I look forward to seeing how your TeaseViewer will evolve in the future! :-)
lynchy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lynchy »

Hi Thamrill,

thanks for posting this alpha-release for an EOS player.
I have been working on something similar, but have given up quite some time ago, so I was very excited to see your project.

However, I can't get the TeaseViewer to load any of the teases.
Whenever I click on File-Open Tease and select any of the two teases, nothing happens, just the still black screen.

I ran the program by executing the teaseViewer_mvn-a_0.0.1.jar on my Win10 PC.
The log-file only says:

[13:37:33] Missing icon:teaseviewer
[13:37:33] Missing icon:edit.options

Do I have to put the .tease files in any specific location?
Princess Penny's Subject Number 11
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

lynchy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 pm Hi Thamrill,

thanks for posting this alpha-release for an EOS player.
I have been working on something similar, but have given up quite some time ago, so I was very excited to see your project.

However, I can't get the TeaseViewer to load any of the teases.
Whenever I click on File-Open Tease and select any of the two teases, nothing happens, just the still black screen.

I ran the program by executing the teaseViewer_mvn-a_0.0.1.jar on my Win10 PC.
The log-file only says:

[13:37:33] Missing icon:edit.options

Do I have to put the .tease files in any specific location?
Those logs are normal, I still have to design those icons but shouldn't be causing any issue. Try going into "Edit"->"Preferences"->"Debugging" and set priority "All" for both logger and console priority; then you can try to run the jar from the command line. If you don't know how to do it:
  • deselect anything in the folder with the jar file;
  • shift-right click in the blank space in the folder;
  • open Powershell here;
  • type "java -jar teaseViewer_mvn-a_0.0.1.jar" without the quotes, then enter;
  • try to load the .tease file;
If i missed to catch any exception to dump it in the logger you should see them there.

lynchy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lynchy »

Thanks for your fast reply.

Ok, with this method I can see some exceptions.

First, when opening the program I get this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: input == null!
at java.desktop/javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1400)
at system.IconManager.initialize(IconManager.java:25)
at system.TeaseViewer.<init>(TeaseViewer.java:58)
at system.TeaseViewerLauncher.main(TeaseViewerLauncher.java:32)
Missing icon:teaseviewer
Missing icon:edit.options
When I open the tease-file, I get this:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(Ljava/nio/file/Path;Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/nio/file/FileSystem;
at system.TeaseManager.createTeaseManager(TeaseManager.java:37)
at system.TeaseViewer.createTeaseManager(TeaseViewer.java:133)
at gui.TeaseViewerFrame$5.actionPerformed(TeaseViewerFrame.java:177)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2308)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:405)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:262)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:369)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1020)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1064)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6635)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3342)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6400)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5011)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4843)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:772)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:715)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:745)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:743)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:742)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

lynchy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:06 pm Thanks for your fast reply.

Ok, with this method I can see some exceptions.

First, when opening the program I get this:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: input == null!
at java.desktop/javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1400)
at system.IconManager.initialize(IconManager.java:25)
at system.TeaseViewer.<init>(TeaseViewer.java:58)
at system.TeaseViewerLauncher.main(TeaseViewerLauncher.java:32)
Missing icon:edit.options
When I open the tease-file, I get this:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem(Ljava/nio/file/Path;Ljava/util/Map;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)Ljava/nio/file/FileSystem;
at system.TeaseManager.createTeaseManager(TeaseManager.java:37)
The first part is again normal, the issue while loading the tease makes me think you are using a version of Java which is previous to the implementation of java.nio.file.FileSystems.newFileSystem; can you tell me what version of java you are using ("java --version" from powershell)? if it's below 8, try updating java to a newer version.

You can download it here: https://adoptopenjdk.net/archive.html I personally use 13, but I packaged the jar for 8

lynchy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lynchy »

Thank you so much, downloading OpenJDK 13 from the linked site did the trick.

I was using a version above 8 (Java 11.0.8) before, but for some reason it didn't work.

Thank you for your hard work on this program :-)
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

lynchy wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:27 pm Thank you so much, downloading OpenJDK 13 from the linked site did the trick.

I was using a version above 8 (Java 11.0.8) before, but for some reason it didn't work.

Thank you for your hard work on this program :-)
No problem, I'll update the text on the first post to suggest Java 13

Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

elvisomar wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:39 am I would love to hear from other Mac OS users if this can work, and how.
I'm sorry you're having trouble, I know little to nothing about Mac OS; if you run the jar from the command line of Mac os you should be able to have some error log that can explain what is the issue. Again, I know almost nothing about Mac OS so I can't be of any specific help. My only guess is that if you have java installed you should be able to run the jar from the command line with "java -jar teaseViewer_mvn-a_0.0.1.jar" without quotes

Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Thamrill »

elvisomar wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:39 am I would love to hear from other Mac OS users if this can work, and how.
I found out (hopefully) what the issue is with different OS, in the next days I will implement the correction and add releases for Mac and Linux systems

vanCoochee
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: [Alpha-release] TeaseViewer - update OS support

Post by vanCoochee »

Works on Linux; only could you scale the interface in a relative way (to the screen size—my monitor has many pixels, and everything is so small)?
                           Playgrounds
                 ༺ NNN 2023 "Island"Decks of DenialIt's time to duel