Can't edit text on EOS using smartphone

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
maciekm00
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Can't edit text on EOS using smartphone

Post by maciekm00 »

Is editing tease on EOS while using smartphone even possible? I tried to add "Say" command and can't totally write anything. I experience issues like copying and pasting random fragments of text during writing, cursor moving, letters replacing, copying it multiple times and other strange glitches. Backspacing also causes similiar problems. I tried Google Chrome and Opera and both didn't work properly.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't edit text on EOS using smartphone

Post by seraph0x »

Unfortunately, smartphone browsers are pretty glitchy so they are often not fully supported by some of the tools that Eos is built on such as Slate.js (which is the editor used for the Say action).

Most of these bugs are up to the maintainers of those tools to fix, so all I do is to occasionally update those tools to the latest version.

In my experience, there are a lot of edits that you can do on mobile and obviously the Eos Editor itself has a mobile-compatible version. But there may be bugs and if there are, I won't spend any time to track them down. This should get better and better over time and more and more bugs are fixed upstream.