Please, at least TRY to spell words correctly

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
waffles54
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): nope, my ex wife was into cuckolding me and swinging while i watched and sometimes while i waited at home,both of which i loved. and i had one from alt.com domme for awhile who used me for her pleasure on line and in person. great fun.

Please, at least TRY to spell words correctly

Post by waffles54 »

There is NOTHING that is more of a turnoff than doing a tease, and finding so damn many words spelled totally incorrectly. Please, at least make an effort to not look like a total goober. Look up a word in the dictionary or spell check them if you are not sure. The tease where the girl comes across a guy in a mountain hike in the rocks makes the writer seem like he/she didn't graduate from grade school.

I don't want to be the grammar police here, but if you are going to post a new tease and make it artisitc looking, shouldn't you want the woman in the story to at least some sort of air of being educated. Eegads!

Loser is not spelled looser. Looser means you have lost weight and and your belt does not fit as well--it's looser than it used to be! Or your girlfriend is looser than you thought she was, she sleeps around. That makes you a loser? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe a winner. But not a whiner.

too--meaning also
two-the number before three
to-as in "im a going to make you cum now"

there--as in "over there"
their--as in "not yours but theirs"
they're--the contraction for "they are"

through--I am through with you for now, put it away.
threw--he threw the ball at the batter

one of my faves
CLOTHES--the things you wear on your body
cloths--bits of material you might use to wash your car.

For the love of God please learn how to write in coherent sentences, and here's a treal tip, don't try to write a webtease while you are teasing yourself or being edged by some mistress. It just comes out sounding like you are "cum drunk".

Thanks for letting me vent sorry if i spelled any words wrong! But, I am sure if I did, not many will notice or care!
Last edited by waffles54 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beonopsontgut

Post by Beonopsontgut »

I second the motion. (Or the sentiment, rather.)
konaf
Explorer
Explorer

Post by konaf »

So couldnt agree more, there is no excuse for it either as you can get the wording checked online for grammer and spelling.
backstrokin
Explorer
Explorer

Re: please, at least TRY to spell words correctly

Post by backstrokin »

waffles54 wrote:that makes you a loser? maybe, maybe not. maye a winner. but not a whiner.

for the love of God please learn how to write in coherent sentences, and here's a treal tip....
I find it ironic that you spelled some words incorrectly. To the defense of some of the authors involved, in making web-teases, English is a second language to them so please try to have some patience.
quorr777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by quorr777 »

If you use Firefox with the spell check add-on it will check your speeling!
Mz_Teneale
Resident Mistress
Resident Mistress

Post by Mz_Teneale »

waffles54 wrote:there is NOTHING that is more of a turnoff than doing a tease, and finding so damn many words spelled totally incorrectly. at least make an effort to not look like a total goober. look up a word in the dictionary. the tease where the girl comes across a guy in a mountain hike in the rocks makes the writer seem like he/she didn't graduate from grade school.

I don't want to be the grammar police here, but if you are going to post a new tease and make it artisitc looking, shouldn't you want the woman in the story to at least some sort of air of being educated. eegads!

loser is not spelled looser. looser means you have lost weight and and your belt does not fit as well--it's looser than it used to be! or your girlfriend is looser than you thought she was, she sleeps around. that makes you a loser? maybe, maybe not. maye a winner. but not a whiner.

too--meaning also

one of my faves

for the love of God please learn how to write in coherent sentences, and here's a treal tip, don't try to write a webtease while you are teasing yourself or being edged by some mistress. it just comes out sounding like you are "cum drunk"

thanks for letting me vent sorry if i spelled any words wrong!
Dont want to sound like a bitch or anything, but umm, have you made a tease?
The Mistress From Oz
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

waffles54 i am someone who think it's important to write capital letters. It seems so that you think it's useless. That's ok because it's your thing not mine. The problem of correct spelling exists in almost every forum and there is nothing what anyone can do about.

The only thing you can do about is to relax and don't see it too serious. By the way a second kind of using the word too ;-)

I hope that our plans become reality some day. It is planned to edit webteases by the team to correct wrong words.

Oh and Mz_Teneale: Good point :lol:

edit: And i forgot, i have the best most creative ideas when i am "cumdrunk" I think that's individual.
waffles54
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): nope, my ex wife was into cuckolding me and swinging while i watched and sometimes while i waited at home,both of which i loved. and i had one from alt.com domme for awhile who used me for her pleasure on line and in person. great fun.

Gee I am soooo glad various people took this the wrong way

Post by waffles54 »

Do you generally atack the writers of posts using non-related items...like I am supposed to write a tease or use CAPS when posting at the start of sentences (you might notice you didn't either in your response, which I also find ironic).

How about sticking to the point. It makes thew writer look un-educated and looks like they did not take time to make their tease worthwhile in the first place. It makes the site look generally sloppy and second hand (puns fully intended).

I have donated money to this another sites to keep them up and running (yes, another off handed , er, there i go again, pun). I don't feel my artisitc abilites, nor those on a computer whenit comes to putting soemthing like that together, could best serve the public that reads them. That really has very litle to do with what I wrote about.

If I add a tease, would that make you feel better about my complaint. I want the teases to be produced well, with a little care. Some do, some obviously do not. At least go back and re-edit them if you make one and find mistakes, that's all I , and I'll wager others are asking.

Sheesh, lighten up a little bit, prople. All I want is for all of you to have a wonderful peace filled day and a long string of the same. Love always, Peter
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

No I didn't attack you. I just wanted to make clear that you can't see it. Maybe the author was just too lazy for taking care about the right spelling. Maybe he cared about but wasn't able to find all mistakes. I will give you an example: If I could write a tease in german it would be much better, but i did my best and spent a lot of time in searching for words and phrases in the dictionary. And i think there are a lot of authors like me. So what the first post does is to blame these users.

The thing is we had a lot of threads about this topic and a fact is that not all users here are native english or american people.

Oh and i began my post with a small letter just because your name is written small ;-)

You don't have to write capital letters. I mean it's very polite from you that you corrected all your posts but it's not necessary, because it's not so important for me. Just write how you want and let other users write how they want.

I also see a problem if there are a lot of mistakes in a webtease, but the most teases are fine in my eyes.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

Mz_Teneale wrote:
waffles54 wrote:there is NOTHING that is more of a turnoff than doing a tease, and finding so damn many words spelled totally incorrectly. at least make an effort to not look like a total goober. look up a word in the dictionary. the tease where the girl comes across a guy in a mountain hike in the rocks makes the writer seem like he/she didn't graduate from grade school.

I don't want to be the grammar police here, but if you are going to post a new tease and make it artisitc looking, shouldn't you want the woman in the story to at least some sort of air of being educated. eegads!

loser is not spelled looser. looser means you have lost weight and and your belt does not fit as well--it's looser than it used to be! or your girlfriend is looser than you thought she was, she sleeps around. that makes you a loser? maybe, maybe not. maye a winner. but not a whiner.

too--meaning also

one of my faves

for the love of God please learn how to write in coherent sentences, and here's a treal tip, don't try to write a webtease while you are teasing yourself or being edged by some mistress. it just comes out sounding like you are "cum drunk"

thanks for letting me vent sorry if i spelled any words wrong!
Dont want to sound like a bitch or anything, but umm, have you made a tease?

You're still around!!!
You are GREAT!!!
camipco
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camipco »

waffles54 wrote: Eegads!
Egads is the correct spelling of this word.

http://www.answers.com/egad&r=67

Oh, and I agree with your post. It would be nice if there was a simple way to correct this stuff.
punkrngd
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by punkrngd »

Eye reely hait wren peephole dew knot noe hao two spill corerectli.
Anche, quando personi credono che tutti di personi nel mondo parlano inglese`!!!
backstrokin
Explorer
Explorer

Post by backstrokin »

:lol:

Thats awesome.
nightveil
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by nightveil »

I can get around "looser" and "cloths". I really can. I cannot, however, excuse people who write "u" for "you" and "ur" for "your". Netspeak has it's place. A piece of fiction intended to arouse the reader is not one of them. More than one webtease I've seen over the years has been ruined by this sort of laziness.
jackie20
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jackie20 »

Hehe… looser. :lol: I love that. See you later, looser! Like in "a fool on a hill". She'll see him once he is a bit looser. I just might make a looser (not as tight) follow-up where you need too lose weight or something. She’ll make you get a lot of cloths… and then loose them. Loosen them all! :lol: Thats a lot of work you know :-) If only somebody hadn’t just used Crissy again. *sigh*
Ok I am a bit sorry for any messpeilllings that I make in teases and it would be great if somebody would check them and maybe just PM the author.