Eos mechanics and tricks

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
vichobucho
Explorer
Explorer

Eos mechanics and tricks

Post by vichobucho »

Hello , i coudln't find good in depth tutorial about the advanced features of Eos .I really want to learn more and there is nowhere to find this kind of information(or if you know , just drop a link please).So i was searching throught out milovana forum and kept trying on my own to make a checkpoints via passwords in my tease , but without much of a success ( i have near to zero experience with coding).

I would like to know how to make checkpoints with passwords and also i couldn't figure out how to make a "Skip choice" button which if its not pressed the tease to continue.I want to know more about the "tricks" in eos and im sure that and other people would like too , so if you can and of course have time to write something that isn't mentioned or its worth knowing it , please do it.
I think this will help people have easier time doing their teases and this will boost the publishing at one point.

Thank you everyone and much appreciated (if there are someone ).
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Eos mechanics and tricks

Post by undeniable_denial »

I am in fact planning on writing some tutorials, but probably not before february.

Let's see if I can help you out a little. Suppose you have this page structure:
  • start ("Do you have a password?)
  • 1-question ("Would you like to do this optional activity?)
  • 2-optional
  • 3-continue (Either 1-3 or 1-2-3 and also "Here is your first password: secret1")
  • 4-checkpoint1 (Stuff after checkpoint1, so either start-1(-2)-3-4 or start-4)
Now on the start page you want a <choice> with 2 options "Yes" and "No"
"No" is easy, just change the default goto action to go to page "1-question"
For "Yes" you have to change the baviour to "custom". Then create a <prompt> action inside of that. As variable-name use "password". Followed by a <say>-action ("Sorry wrong") and a <goto>-action to page "start". This is the default behaviour.
Now we add checks if the password is one of the correct ones. Between the <prompt> and the <say> insert an <if>-action.
Inside the little grey line with the number 1 goes the condition:

Code: Select all

password == "secret1"
The double-equal-sign is important. Then in the "then" part insert a <goto>-action to page "4-checkpoint1"

Similarly on page 1-question you have a <choice> with "Skip" and "Ok". You can leave the default <goto>-actions and make "Skip" goto page "3-continue" and "Ok" goto page "2-optional".

I hope that was helpful in any way. Good luck!
vichobucho
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vichobucho »

Here is what i have gotten before i made this thread:
In "init Script" i have - var password = 0
in the tease i have Prompt with written - password - in it
the i have 5 "If" - Every one of them have password written like - password == 5547 , then is Go to other page and Else is to go to the same page that you tried to write the password because its wrong.
I have 5 almost the same "If" with different password and different Then , one after another.

I don't know whats wong in all of this , but only the firs "If is working and not fully , only Then' is working.If i write wrong number or even another password from the other If its doing - >(and the number i wrote).

I tried my best to explain the situation.
If i could i would post a image , but i don't know how....
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

vichobucho wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:47 pm and Else is to go to the same page that you tried to write the password because its wrong.
I have 5 almost the same "If" with different password and different Then , one after another.

, but only the firs "If is working
Yes, that is to be expected. If "Then" doesn't get executed, "Else" gets executed 100%. It's basically either-or.
In my previous answer I explained that the "Wrong password"-route should be outside of any <if>-action, as a default fallback. Don't use "Else" in any of the <If>-actions and they will start to work.
vichobucho
Explorer
Explorer

Post by vichobucho »

undeniable_denial wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:01 pm
vichobucho wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:47 pm and Else is to go to the same page that you tried to write the password because its wrong.

, but only the firs "If is working
Yes, that is to be expected. If "Then" doesn't get executed, "Else" gets executed 100%. It's basically either-or.
In my previous answer I explained that the "Wrong password"-route should be outside of any <if>-action, as a default fallback. Don't use "Else" in any of the <If>-actions and they will start to work.

Yes, it worked !! I removed the all the "Else".I checked if all paswords lead to the desired destination and did the exact same steps as you mentioned early "
- "Now on the start page you want a <choice> with 2 options "Yes" and "No"
"No" is easy, just change the default goto action to go to page "1-question"
For "Yes" you have to change the baviour to "custom". Then create a <prompt> action inside of that. As variable-name use "password". Followed by a <say>-action ("Sorry wrong") and a <goto>-action to page "start". This is the default behaviour."

For the Skip button. I couldn't get it to work the way i want it.I think i didn't explained the case very well.
So here how it is accurately :
-"Image" >"Audio:play" (metronome)>"Say">"timer(30s)>"Go to"
I want to be able to put a "choice" button that will stay from the beggining of the page to the end , but if it isn't pressed the "Go to" will be executed automatically .Like a give up button to be pressed through out of the tease if you can't anymore.
That is hard for me . i tried many positions and other things of the "choice button" , but it's always stopping the page either in the beggining , somewhere in the middle , or at the end of the page.

Thank you anyway !! Much appreaciated.
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Switch

Post by Roblsforbobls »

vichobucho wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:59 am " >"Audio:play" (metronome)>"Say">"timer(30s)>"Go to"
I want to be able to put a "choice" button that will stay from the beggining of the page to the end , but if it isn't pressed the "Go to" will be executed automatically .Like a give up button to be pressed through out of the tease if you can't anymore.
That is hard for me . i tried many positions and other things of the "choice button" , but it's always stopping the page either in the beggining , somewhere in the middle , or at the end of the page.

Thank you anyway !! Much appreaciated.
Hi there,
If you want a button to stay on the screen while other actions (like SAY and TIMER actions) happen in the background, I would recommend using a NOTIFICATION action as your button rather than using a CHOICE action. The NOTIFICATION button will appear and remain on the right side of the screen until it is either explicitly gotten rid of by a REMOVE NOTIFICATION action or the button is clicked on
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by FATALES »

undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

vichobucho wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:59 am -"Image" >"Audio:play" (metronome)>"Say">"timer(30s)>"Go to"
I see. Indeed, <choice>-actions block progression of the current action-queue, but we can get another queue using a <timer>. On the bottom of the <timer> you can change its behaviour to "asynchronous", which allows you to define actions that get executed when the timer runs out, but until then the main queue continues. Those actions will override the <choice>.

So it should look something like this:

<Image>
|
<Say> (Everything the user needs to know)
|
<Audio: Play>
|
<Timer, asynchronous> --- <GoTo: page success>
|
<Choice> --- <GoTo: page give-up>
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

Thanks guys, seems a lot of people now picking up EOS but finding it hard to get to grips with more complex options.
Try anything once!
FATALES
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by FATALES »

A random phrase:
random.png
random.png (134.56 KiB) Viewed 2982 times
itslate
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by itslate »

Is there a way to use the Eval command to make a timer command or show an image using javascript?
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

itslate wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:33 pm Is there a way to use the Eval command to make a timer command or show an image using javascript?
Not directly. You can use an IF action.
TrashDick
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by TrashDick »

Is there any known way to turn off the ugly background texture that's always there by default when you make a page? I really just want a plain black background to work with instead of an ugly mesh that doesn't match well with anything.
On a related not, is it possible to turn off how every new action changes the colour tint of said background texture?

It's bothering the hell out of me that EOS plays around with the colors automatically for no good reason, it literally doesn't accomplish anything other than randomly being flashy.
Archive of full-sized pictures that I've used in my teases:
Pussy-Free Archive: (For those who aren't allowed to see pussies)
http://imgur.com/a/qnzuv
Pussy-Visible Archive: (All pics that show pussy)
http://imgur.com/a/k5XeA
fapnip
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by fapnip »

TrashDick wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:05 pm Is there any known way to turn off the ugly background texture that's always there by default when you make a page?
Not that I've found. EOS seems to automatically adjust the background color to "match" the image displayed. Would be nice to have control of that, but I don't think it's exposed to us at all.