Not getting aroused by denial

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
kudku
Explorer
Explorer

Not getting aroused by denial

Post by kudku »

Hi. How can it be that I'm getting less sexually aroused by each day i'm in denial?
This is my first period of denial with teasing and I'm currently on day 6. I cant even get a hardon without touching and I'm not frustrated at all.
At day 1 and 2 I was having a hardon all the time before sleeping and i thought it would be so great after a week but now it's getting boring. :(
And also the longer I'm stroking the softer my cock gets, even withouth having an orgasm.

How can that be?
wss_italy
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Not getting aroused by denial

Post by wss_italy »

Denial consequences are unknown and may be subjectives. If you are not used to long denial periods you shouldn't practice denial for more than a week. If you are in a situation of stress or your body is somehow week you may want to rest and avoid sexual stimulations for a couple of day days.

Good luck.
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."
Robin Williams
free
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by free »

wss_italy wrote:If you are not used to long denial periods you shouldn't practice denial for more than a week.
No disrespect wss_italy: but that's peer-reviewed and proven I suppose? What exactly is supposed to happen if you practice denial for more than a week? Spontaneous combustion? kudku: you can practice it as much as you want.
wss_italy wrote:If you are in a situation of stress or your body is somehow week you may want to rest and avoid sexual stimulations for a couple of day days.
Where do you get this stuff from dude?! If you're stressed - sexual stimulation is probably just the ticket! And if you're weak: sexual stimulation isn't the London Marathon...no danger: stimulate away if it's fun!

In animals like stallions and bulls: when they're not mating frequently their libido does decrease. Might be a similar effect. Out of interest: does denial actually turn you on? In your mind I mean. If yes: well if u like denial carry it on and I wouldn't worry too much about what your dick does. If you're not sure if denial turns you on: this might be your body telling you it doesn't.
kudku
Explorer
Explorer

Post by kudku »

free wrote:Out of interest: does denial actually turn you on? In your mind I mean. If yes: well if u like denial carry it on and I wouldn't worry too much about what your dick does. If you're not sure if denial turns you on: this might be your body telling you it doesn't.
Yes it turns me on a lot, but this is the first time I'm really doing it. But normally the frustration and the arousal should increase from day to day shouldn't it? On Day 2 stroking felt so great after not being allowed to touch it for 24 hours and now it's just like i had an orgasm yesterday but actually I didn't come for 6 days.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

free wrote:
wss_italy wrote:If you are in a situation of stress or your body is somehow week you may want to rest and avoid sexual stimulations for a couple of day days.
Where do you get this stuff from dude?! If you're stressed - sexual stimulation is probably just the ticket! And if you're weak: sexual stimulation isn't the London Marathon...no danger: stimulate away if it's fun!
I get totally un-aroused (is that the right word?) when Im stressed or depressed. Kills my sex drive. maybe your stressing about something?
srb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by srb »

If you’re not aroused, there’s a reason. There could be many reasons.

If you are stressed out because of work, or some kind of close emotional grief, it could hurt your sex drive, which in turn decreases the amount of interest your body has in masturbation.

And if you’re over exercising, or eating poorly, then chances are that your body isn’t at tip top shape, and you need to rest a bit.

But boredom is probably the most likely. You’re probably just bored. You don’t have someone to actively tease you. So now you’re just sitting there without anything to give you some kind of charge, something new. You used to masturbate out of habit, most likely, more than to relieve sexual pressure. You just masturbated because it’s what you did when you got home. Everyday, every other day, whatever, you just did it because it was something to do, and marginally more interesting and entertaining than nothing. But you don’t have a goal to the masturbation now. You know mentally that you’re denying yourself, so you don’t actually think you have some misconceived notion of cumming. You’re denying yourself, so you know when it’s going to stop, and you don’t really have pent up sexual desire, because honestly for most people it takes a week or more to build up real sexual desire. It’s mental man.

Now if you want some advice, and there’s nothing saying that this will help, but there are a number of things that you can do. The first would be physical, change up the thing. Go naked when you’re masturbating, if you don’t normally, or wear clothes if you do. Wear a buttplug if that’s your thing, or use a vibrator, even if it’s not anally its just another sensation. Try getting warming fluid or a different kind of lube. Wear a cockring. Change where you do it, if you can. Do it in the shower, or the bathroom, in the closet or in the garage. Change the position, try standing up, lying down, lying on your side, whatever. Or try changing up how you masturbate. Or try changing what you masturbate to, whether it’s images, videos, or stories.

Variety is the spice of life. Hope it helps. And to quite Mr. Spock, although not on the subject of denial, you might like the idea of it, but not be aroused by the actual undertaking of it
Mr Spock wrote:After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.
wss_italy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wss_italy »

free wrote:Where do you get this stuff from dude?!
That would be the The Journal of Sexual Medicine Vol. 5. It's not a magazine with lots of big colored pictures like the ones that free "dude" probably reads :-P but it's a reliable source of information on problems such the loss of sexual desire. Tease and denial usually increase libido, but as I said that may be subjective to many conditions, such has health status, stress, age, diet, etc. Keeping up sexual stimulation that result in boredom and unsatisfaction has no point. If, after resting your sexual activity for a little while, the desire comes back, probably the cause was just mental stress or your body that needed to recover.
If not, then it may also be just boredom, then you should try with different types of sexual stimulations like srb suggested.

Take care.
"See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time."
Robin Williams