GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0) - Current Build 0.4.4

Webteases are great, but what if you're in the mood for a slightly more immersive experience? Chat about Tease AI and other offline tease software.

Moderator: 1885

philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: GuideMe (TeaseMe v2.0): BETA Thread

Post by philo »

trytime wrote:Thanks Philo!

I tried just moving it to the downloads folder, and renaming the folder to GuideMe, even though it's definitely not in zip format--my unzipper just saved it under that name.

The problem still persists though. I can go through the first few pages of most guides, but once I hit a "Continue" or "Ready" button intended to start the actual tease instructions, it freezes on me. For example, when I click "Continue" on the "Text" page of the tutorial to move on to the "Audio" page, it freezes. I delete the state files to restart, but it continues to freeze on those same pages. I can't find a common denominator looking at the XML files, except that the pages that it fails to load may play audio files.

Any thoughts?
can you delete any current log files then create the problem by running the tease and upload the logs it generates.
The main error messages before were it couldn't find the files, it may be there were multiple issues and now it is erroring trying to play the files.
trytime
Explorer
Explorer

Post by trytime »

Ok, here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#F!oEsxHaxS!HlfXssQw3UmF6MGPdWpVgQ

I reran the tutorial and hearts club
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

trytime wrote:Ok, here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#F!oEsxHaxS!HlfXssQw3UmF6MGPdWpVgQ

I reran the tutorial and hearts club
It is running the 64bit version of guideme but has found a 32bit version of vlc (video lan)
You can either try using the 32bit version of guideme or uninstall vlc and install the 64bit version

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videol ... -win64.exe
joigame
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by joigame »

Is there support for input type="file"?
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

joigame wrote:Is there support for input type="file"?
Not sure what you mean by that.
if you mean can you pass a tease file name as a parameter to the program and it starts that tease, then not at the moment but it is on the todo list.
joigame
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by joigame »

Yes exactly
andresku
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by andresku »

(Skirmish tease) I tried to put a random video into an end slide but it does not play anything no sound no picture. It also does not play a single video. It did work when I changed it to random jpg, but this time I wanted to go further and I am doing something wrong again. Any ideas?

In which folder schould I instal the new version of VLC? I downloaded 2.1.5. and installed into guideme lib/plugins/VLC. is that ok?
meson1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meson1 »

andresku wrote:Into which folder should I install the new version of VLC? I downloaded 2.1.5. and installed into guideme lib/plugins/VLC. is that ok?
All I did was to do a straight install of the latest version of VLC onto my machine. I didn't install it anywhere special, only to the default place in Program Files that VLC wanted to go. I put nothing into Guideme plugins. GuideMe found VLC just fine and it worked.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

meson1 wrote:
andresku wrote:Into which folder should I install the new version of VLC? I downloaded 2.1.5. and installed into guideme lib/plugins/VLC. is that ok?
All I did was to do a straight install of the latest version of VLC onto my machine. I didn't install it anywhere special, only to the default place in Program Files that VLC wanted to go. I put nothing into Guideme plugins. GuideMe found VLC just fine and it worked.
In theory it should find the one in the guideme directory, but on some machines it picks up the main installed version.
It also has to be the correct version of 32 or 64 bit.
so the best bet would probably be 32bit guide me and 32bit vlc.
andresku
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by andresku »

Finally I found out what was the common issue with all my changes:
The media direction line must start with capital letter: "Video id" and not "video id". same for pictures and audio...
Now all is working excellent, videos audios and pics... 8-)
Lex_Shade
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lex_Shade »

philo wrote:
andresku wrote:Is anyone able to help me with my question a few posts above, please... :-/
I have not looked in detail, but the file I looked at is not loading because of 3 weird characters at the start of the file.
If you open it in notepad you will see
skir.PNG
Deleting the three characters allows it to load.
I did not look to see if it works once it is loaded
It could be that the xml was saved with BOM (Byte-Order-Mark, EF BB BF) for unicode.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

Lex_Shade wrote:
philo wrote:
andresku wrote:Is anyone able to help me with my question a few posts above, please... :-/
I have not looked in detail, but the file I looked at is not loading because of 3 weird characters at the start of the file.
If you open it in notepad you will see
skir.PNG
Deleting the three characters allows it to load.
I did not look to see if it works once it is loaded
It could be that the xml was saved with BOM (Byte-Order-Mark, EF BB BF) for unicode.
Guideme should handle BOM, but you may be on the right track, I suspect the editor being used doesn't and is writing it out differently when saving.
holodoc
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by holodoc »

I am working on getting GuideMe working nicely on Mac OS X, just submitted some changes to the project on GitHub for review.

A "first" Mac OS X app "GuideMe" 0.1.1.0 has been uploaded here: https://mega.co.nz/#!s90lHb7T!3ceUckxeQ ... E8MvAWlPlc

The app is a real Mac app with menu bar and the Quit menu working. Sound/metronome works.

What does NOT work on Mac yet:
- User settings dialog (resource location/loading issue)
- Video Playback (due to a native Mac rendering issue with Java, Apple broke this)

Have fun and let me know how it goes!
meson1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meson1 »

Hi Phil

I want to mention a fault I've found in the Javascript handling in GuideMe. I'm getting some odd results because GuideMe is remembering JS functions from previous pages.

Let me explain in more detail, with some simplified scripts of what I'm trying to do. First, say I have the following global Javascript:

Code: Select all

<GlobalJavascript>    <![CDATA[      function commonPageLoad() {        if (typeof PageExit === 'function')           { PageExit(); }        else          { scriptVars.put("strText","Boring default text."); };      }    ]]>  </GlobalJavascript> 
The idea is that I don't need to define the PageExit function on every page. But if it's there, it'll run it.

Now here are some sample pages:

<Page id="6">      <Text>        <p class="text">Page 6 Text! <span>strText</span></p>      </Text>      <Image id="host006.jpg"/>      <javascript>        <![CDATA[            function pageLoad() { commonPageLoad(); }        ]]>      </javascript>    </Page>     <Page id="7">      <Text>        <p class="text">Page 7 Text! <span>strText</span></p>      </Text>      <Image id="host007.jpg"/>      <javascript>        <![CDATA[            function pageLoad() { commonPageLoad(); }            function PageExit() { scriptVars.put("strText","Exciting different text."); }        ]]>      </javascript>    </Page>     <Page id="8">      <Text>        <p class="text">Page 8 Text! <span>strText</span></p>      </Text>      <Image id="host008.jpg"/>      <javascript>        <![CDATA[            function pageLoad() { commonPageLoad(); }        ]]>      </javascript>    </Page> 
The results of the text on each page that I expect to see are:

Page 6 Text! Boring default text.Page 7 Text! Exciting different text.Page 8 Text! Boring default text. 
But what I get is this:

Page 6 Text! Boring default text.Page 7 Text! Exciting different text.Page 8 Text! Exciting different text. 
So on page 8 when the typeof PageExit is tested, it sees PageExit as a function, instead of it being undefined. Not only that, but it then goes on to run the PageExit function from page 7.

But that's not all. If I restart and/or reload the guide, GuideMe still remembers the PageExit function, so page 6 then goes and runs it too!! Like this:

Page 6 Text! Exciting different text.Page 7 Text! Exciting different text.Page 8 Text! Exciting different text. 
Only when I terminate GuideMe and relaunch it does it finally "forget" PageExit and the Guide treats it as not existing until it gets to page 7 again.

When I look in the JS log, it only lists the GlobalJavascript code and the code from the current page. So for pages 6 and 8, PageExit() is nowhere to be seen in the JS log. Yet they still manage to run it anyway.

So, can you have a little look and see if you can figure out what GuideMe is doing.

If I had to speculate it's like the Javascript is being cached somehow ... maybe. If so, that cache might need purging between pages and definitely on reloads and restarts.

Also, not wishing to detract from the issue above, but one more thing to aid testing would be to add a Reload option to the File menu to reload the current Guide. As it is now you have to click open, navigate to the right folder, scroll all the way down and find the xml file of the Guide you're working on, which is all slow and laborious. A simple shortcut in the menu to reload the current Guide would be so much better.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm using GuideMe v0.1.1 64bit on Windows 7.
philo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by philo »

meson1 wrote:Hi Phil

I want to mention a fault I've found in the Javascript handling in GuideMe. I'm getting some odd results because GuideMe is remembering JS functions from previous pages.
If you want to upload the xml somewhere and pm me a link I will run it in debug mode and see if I can see what is going on.
It will either be it is remembering the value and the function to change it is not working or as you suspect it is caching the function.
I had a quick look at the code but there was nothing obvious.