Nyx: Can't delete pics and other issues...

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
Jenna
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Nyx: Can't delete pics and other issues...

Post by Jenna »

I think some of this has been mentioned before, but I just thought I'd bring up some problems I ran into with Nyx.

1. Uploaded pics ands sounds can't be deleted. For some reason I didn't think I uploaded the pics when I first tried. So I have two or three copies of some of the pics and a couple others that just aren't being used. The delete button doesn't seem to work.

2. My web browser and Nyx don't play nice together. I have to empty my temp files to see the changes I've made, but when I do that Nyx doesn't think I'm logged in and wont let me save. I spent a lot of time closing out and logging back in.

3. More of a suggestion. Could a more private publishing option be added? Let's say there is a couple of people that are willing to proofread the tease for me before it goes out. It would be nice to be able to show it to them.

4. Make computers less picky. I was stuck for a while because Nyx acted like the last few pages weren't there even though I could see the script. It turns out I missed one little ' when I typed in the line for one of the sound files. I don't know how people could program for a living, I'd go crazy.

5. Going back and forth from visual to script tab causes problems. At least I think that's what happened. I lost the most recent changes and got a bunch of garbled code in the text of one of the pages. It happened when I tried to put the sound lines in. The sound lines disappeared on me a couple times too. It worked when I waited until I was done with the visual tab work to put in the script lines.

Saving copies of the script as a text file is no joke. I probably would have quit if I didn't have a recent back up to cut and paste back in after I lost a bunch of pages.

It was fun to try out and annoying at the same time. I'm sure it would be a lot easier to use again now that I know what I'm doing.
ThirtyDaysOfDenial
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Nyx: Can't delete pics and other issues...

Post by ThirtyDaysOfDenial »

1) Agreed, although having tons of pics uploaded doesn't seem to run into any issues other than clutter when hunting for a particular pic, although the new filter by file name option is invaluable!

2) I'm not sure how to help, but I bet naming which web browser you use couldn't hurt. ;-)

3) Actually, you can show your flash tease to anyone before publishing.
The webpage starts with:
http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=
and ends with the four digit tease number (which is at the top of the page when you're editing).
Published or not, the webpage with the flash tease exists, it's just not visible on the main site.

4) :lol:

5) I don't know, I only responded to help with #3. A site mod will probably be along shortly.
I don't really care what gentlemen prefer.
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

Jenna,

I feel your frustration, I too had many of the issues you are refering to, ie. the multiple images, can't delete. Overall though, I was quite pleased with how my first Flash Tease turned out. Having the first one under my belt and in the process of creating my second, I have found NYX easier to use. I really don't have any solutions other than I too did a whole lot of closing out, logging out, and then logging back in. Yes, it is a pain in the tail, but I thank the "VOLUNTEERS" who put this program together which provides us with this incredible form of entertainment, so I really have no room to complain. It has and will be a learning curve for me, but again I am very grateful to the powers that be who saved the "Classic Teases" and have developed Milovana into what we have today. Don't worry it keeps getting better and I am sure these issues will be corrected in time.

Please keep creating!

Sincerely,
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"
Jenna
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Jenna »

That'll work perfectly 30days. I almost didn't mention the proofreading thing, I didn't think there was going to be an easy way to do it.

I agree RB, this is a great website. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining. I'm just trying to give feedback on Nyx. It's got to be a good program if I could figure out how to make a tease from it. :-P
There is just a couple things I ran into that were worth pointing out.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

I'll try to help somewhat if I can.

1 and 2. I think either you're using an outdated browser, and outdated version of adobe flash, or the amount of space reserved for cached web pages is exceeding small. Personally I recommend Firefox for your browser, and if you really don't want that then IE7. If you've got either of those, check the amount of space reserved for cache. It's in advanced settings for Firefox 3, and I don't know where it is in Internet Explorer.

4. That really can't be avoided. It's frustrating, but that's programming for you. Really not much that can be done until audio and randomization is implemented in the visual editor. I can't count how many apostrophe problems I had in Jessica's Card Game as I had to do *everything* in the script editor since it was the old editor and couldn't handle larger teases.

5. Still sounds like something that might be from your cache. Dunno. ^^
Evals
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

No, no, I didn't think you were complaining Jenna. I didn't mean anything by my comment. I am just grateful to the design team!
Actually I can't load images right now. Nyx keeps telling me it can't find the tease. :angry: I tried address line thing with my working Tease # but that just brings up a "blank" tease. Not sure what I am doing wrong, my first tease went pretty easy. I'm afraid I may have to start over. :weep:
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"