Getting close to finishing CH-H4 and wanted to gauge opinion

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

hiphopanonymous
Explorer
Explorer

Getting close to finishing CH-H4 and wanted to gauge opinion

Post by hiphopanonymous »

So I'm about to start main editing on the final round to work on (which happens to not be the final round sequentially) and had a quick question for you guys: do you guys care if I don't have a "reward"/bonus round?

Pros of keeping the round:
  • More cock hero.
  • Get to use this content now
Cons of Keeping the round
  • It will definitely be less intense, content-wise than the final round
  • Unless some amazing song falls into my lap, it will likely be less intense, beat-wise than the final round
Pros of removing the round:
  • I can go straight from the round I'm about to start into the touch-up editing, meaning you'll get this next video sooner.
  • Wrapping up this video sooner means I can go on to my next idea sooner
  • I haven't started any work on it yet, so I wouldn't be throwing anything away to cut it
Cons of removing the round:
  • That round's content probably won't be seen for a bit. I'm currently intending the CH-H after 4 to be a sort of mashup video of the 4 rounds leading up to it. A sort of "palette cleanser" between 4-video chunks of CH-H.
Personally, I think there's more reasons to leave it out than to keep it, but I figured I'd gauge reactions. I'll probably end up waiting until this time tomorrow before I make a final decision, though that depends on how much progress I make tonight. Please give your reasons: if most don't mind waiting longer, I may replace that round (in terms of time/effort) with a (admittedly shorter) teaser for the video after 4.
jstwolf
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Getting close to finishing CH-H4 and wanted to gauge opi

Post by jstwolf »

Sounds like the cons definitely outwiegh the pros on this one. IMHO, the reward round should be the most intense, or impossible to get through round. Thus the reward. Nothing would be worse than an anticlimactic reward round, which has happened before. The CH-H videos thus far have been good enough. Unless you want to go through the effort of making a reward round thats more intense, especially beats wise, I say just let people pick thier favorite part for a reward and rewind to it, or something like that. Personally, I don't want to wait longer for another CH-H!
alchemi183
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by alchemi183 »

I defer to your best judgement. :-D

Let me just say that I'm a big fan of your previous work and am looking forward to this! :yes:
vivi
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by vivi »

jstwolf wrote:IMHO, the reward round should be the most intense, or impossible to get through round.
I would have to agree on this, leave it out if you think it won't be as intense as needed.
Love your series and can't wait :)
Caput
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Caput »

As much as I love reward rounds, I have to go with what my predecessors wrote. A reward Round that isn`t intense should not be left in.
For me it is very disappointing if I make it through all of the rounds and the reward round doesnt give me what its supposed to. Happens most of the time.
And than I have to go back and look for a round wich was hot and challenging to finish. Really kills the vibe.

Thx for your hard (and very good) work

Capur
slavejack
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slavejack »

Keep it!
prawndiddy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by prawndiddy »

I've never really been a fan of reward rounds. I like the concept, but almost universally they're less intense and I'd say about 2/3rds are just flat-out different than everything before. That's mainly the instructional/handjob/etc ones. "Blow" at the end of HC3 was sort of novel, but without any action and all cumshots, it's not something that I actually go back to much.

If you know it won't be as intense as the actual rounds, or it won't fit well, then I'd say leave it out until you can work it in somewhere better.
dolomite13
Explorer
Explorer

Post by dolomite13 »

I would drop it if it is indeed less intense than the rest... however if its only less intense because of the music I would still look for some music for a few days. You have some great music in previous CH's that you have done it's OK to recycle a song here and there ;)

=D=
legionCockHero
Explorer
Explorer

Post by legionCockHero »

Hey,

I think reward round is a "must-scene". It shows you have completed the challange and you can finally cum.

Just make a good one that we all can enjoy!

Can't wait.:)
theloniusrex
Explorer
Explorer

Post by theloniusrex »

+1 for a reward round here. I usually make it through most of the challenges and I want something I can finish to at the end of it. It doesn't even need a beat, can be more of a free style round, if that's easier, but I prefer videos with stuff at the end.
roobie
Explorer
Explorer

Post by roobie »

Definitely a reward round, w/ a countdown.
hiphopanonymous
Explorer
Explorer

So far the 'no's have it. I'm going to take an inventory of what I have, materials-wise, because I may have an OK compromise for those who want the extra round. That'll depend on how much I can get done tonight because the basic editing (everything but audio touchup, beat meter, intro/outro, and breaks) for the entire episode is finished now with the exception of this ethereal bonus round.

I will say this, though: the final round is tough. I'm sure there will be people who can beat the whole episode in one go, but I'm having difficulties making it through the final round after doing the rest of the episode leading up to it.

So again, I'll see what's possible with what I have as far as making a round as challenging or more than the final. However, if you're expecting the sort of POV handjob/blowjob stuff that others have done, expect to be disappointed. I feel that music is an integral part of Cock Hero (or at the very least, my Cock Hero videos) and don't plan on going that route.
hiphopanonymous
Explorer
Explorer

Just wanted to pop back in and let those who were hoping for a bonus round know that it won't be happening. My plans for the compromise didn't pan out into something worth putting time into at the moment, so I'll be finishing up CH-H4 (currently wrapping up beat meters) with an estimated post of Sunday night (it's Thursday night where I'm at). And now, back to work.