Making Cock Hero/Video Teases Interactive?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Making Cock Hero/Video Teases Interactive?

Post by cybernabox »

I'm glad to see a new forum here for CH. Its a testament to how engaging the content can be.

One drawback to these teases (really across the board), is that it puts the trust in the hands of the viewer, so its based on the idea that they are playing at the pace you intend. With CH for example, I noticed in the first forum posts, confusion about whether a stroke was both up and down, or just one direction.

Some of the toys that are out there now can work well with this genre of game, and I figured I'd reopen the discussion here (rather than on the teledildonics board).

I have some experience designing content for the realtouch, using their CDK. I believe some of the realtouch forum members are also looking into building a GUI tool to help author these.

Is there interest in trying to integrate the two? Are these communities too separate for there to be enough value? (because in my trial run of one 'scene' of cock hero, the encoding work for the CDK took quite a while).
andyp
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Making Cock Hero/Video Teases Interactive?

Post by andyp »

This would be very interesting. What HW platform you looking at?
cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cybernabox »

Andy,

My experience thus far is only with the RealTouch and their content development kit (CDK). So that requires this (http://realtouch.com/home) to experience.

Their CDK is documented here: http://developer.realtouch.com/documentation.php

Its fairly easy to use. Its simply encoding a timecode with a command for the RT in the header of the video. I've used expression encoder to do it before (or their executable in the CDK).

The videos work for people who do not have the RT, but if you have the RT and the plugin enabled, it will make the RT respond to the video.

I'm not sure how widely spread the RT really is, so it may be better to go with one of the other protocols that other folks on this forum are looking into.

However, if the RT is something people want to try out, with a list of time codes for the beats, I could write a generator for the CDK pretty quickly (as a first pass). (I have one in PHP that I wrote to try to sync with one of your earlier cockhero videos as an example).
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

I'm very interested in these things.
I have some experiences on C,C++ and C# with Visual Studio 2010.

The problem is - i'm from germany and i don't know where to buy such a device!

At the moment i have not so much time for such projects, but i trie to do some tests with the CDK.
cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cybernabox »

The CDK doesn't require anything more than the ability to write a quick input file. I wrote a quick generator in PHP in a couple of hours.

You have a VERY simple flat file that you run (text file) against the video with the CDK. Its really easy at its core.

If we were talking about using the SDK... and making an actual cock hero 'game', that's a bit different.

I'd imagine you'd build the cheats into the software, and actually make button presses affect the different patterns the RT would do. (If you were going to go that far, you'd probably want to work with RT and get licensed content, and get them to market it. I know they are looking for other interactive content).

So why don't we start with a simple example. Lets pick a scene, whether its old or on a new one... and if I can get the 'exact' timecodes, I can try to generate the CDK file alongside of it and see what happens. Maybe have a meta file that other interactive devices can read and use as well.
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Bandit224 »

Hell yeah! I love my Realtouch, it would be awesome to have the CH videos be able to use it.
cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cybernabox »

Any of you CH creators willing to share a scene file and timecodes with me? Otherwise, I'm doing it by hand, and it doesn't work out so well ;)
BlackPaw
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BlackPaw »

I am against this!

Image FTW
MrDigital
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MrDigital »

something new in here? ;-)
cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cybernabox »

Fraid not.

I'll be going on vacation for a little while. If I don't get any replies, I'll try to do something by hand just to show the proof of concept, and try to time a scene manually.

The generation of the CDK file is a breeze anyway, the hard part is just getting the timecodes/motions to match up with the video... (mostly because I'm guessing as to the beat length).
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by supermokkori »

cybernabox wrote:Fraid not.

I'll be going on vacation for a little while. If I don't get any replies, I'll try to do something by hand just to show the proof of concept, and try to time a scene manually.

The generation of the CDK file is a breeze anyway, the hard part is just getting the timecodes/motions to match up with the video... (mostly because I'm guessing as to the beat length).
Hrm... well cybernabox, I'd like to help you out. :smile:

If I read this correctly, you need a text file of the timecode for a CH video correct? in other words, whenever a stroke beat sound plays, you need to know when the that one stroke beat plays, correct? Please confirm and I'll try to get you a text file by tomorrow night.
cybernabox
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cybernabox »

Mok, that's right. Just got back from vacation. If I have a simple list of the beat timecodes in milliseconds, I can make a generator.

I'd like it newline delimited.

Then a simple php script, and I can generate the input file for realtouch, and see how it comes out with one scene (or even better, a whole vid)