FB: The Awesome Competition 2

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

FB: The Awesome Competition 2

Post by supermokkori »

The Awesome Competition 2

Version history/Bug reports

v0.9 Beta Final:
- 99% complete, final bug testing and difficulty tuning. Please post all bugs & comments about difficulty in this thread. Final (v1.0) to be finished by end of the week. Thank you.

11/5/12
*Fixed 2 endless loop bugs in Round 4 (thx yak14)
*Fixed deadend bug near conclusion of tease (thx Mykki)

11/6/12
*Fixed deadend bug of ending sequence of tease (thx Mykki & seiryu)
*Fixed loop bug of ending sequence of tease (thx Terrik)
*Shortened round 1 encounter
*Added save point (DO NOT ASK FOR PASSCODE)

11/7/12
*Fixed deadend bug of ending sequence of tease (thx Jgizzi21)
*Fixed choice bug, so all 3 options work properly (thx Ethereal)

11/8/12
*Fixed Continue bug in last round sequence (thx Terrikk)

11/12/12
*Fixed minor sound and grammar bugs (thx to Humblest)

Version 1.0 Final! :w00t:
- 100% complete, please report any minor grammar bugs via PM. If you encounter a major sound or play bug, please reply and report in this thread. Thanks to all who reported on bugs during version 0.9!

11/21/12
The Awesome Competition 2 HD TeaseMe Version added! You can download it from this page of the thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since my first FlashTease, 'A Very Good Day', I've always had plans on doing a sequel to the first and one of my favorite FlashTeases - The Awesome Competition. And thanks to Uberman to officially giving me his blessing, it also put a bit of pressure on me to make it a true sequel in both theme and length.

At the same time, while I loved the original Awesome Competition, the one thing I wish it had more was more "random" elements... after playing it a few dozen times, you pretty much have an idea of the structure. To that end, I really wanted to borrow elements from a FlashTease I play the most often - Nezhul's 'Will You Want To Go On?' Specifically, I love the random nature of "activities" you get to do in that tease as it gives that tease a lot of replay value. So, tried (and i think I achieved) to do that with the Awesome Competition 2, where players will have a different set of encounters and activities each time they do this tease.

Lastly, to break up the sometimes monotonous nature of FlashTease stroking methods, one FlashTease I'd like to add here as an influence (and one you should also check out) is strokealot's 'Game Master - Cowgirl rider'. I think strokealot did some really innovative things in terms of making stroking activities more "game driven"... I've used a couple of his ideas and tried a few more myself.

All in all, The Awesome Competition 2 will have much more random elements and make the stroking activities have a "game feel", while STILL keeping to the original theme and story idea that Uberman started. To that end, I think I've been fairly successful... in theory. :blush:

So, my most immediate concerns that I would ask anyone who tries this FlashTease out is as follows:

1) Too long with no save points?
The main "competition" portion of this tease is about 2+ hours long - that's not necessarily long but i guess most members may think it's too long without save points. The reason why I didn't include save points (at least for now) is mainly because it would ruin the gameplay decision-making; decisions made throughout the tease will change what encounters happen later in the tease and putting a "save point" in the middle of the tease would ruin the chances of other encounters happening. THAT SAID, I'm still open to incorporate one save point in the middle of the tease if there's enough feedback for it.

2) Too difficult?
I made the difficulty in Awesome Competition 2 to challenge my personal limits - that's not to say, I'm some uber-stud at stroking (I'm not) but really wanted to design a tease that I wouldn't be able to complete every single time. But I am keenly aware that things can be TOO difficult to the point where it's no fun, and I'll be tuning difficulty of some of the encounters this week; would really appreciate any feedback if you also feel certain parts of the tease is just too damn hard.

3) Real female audio
To add an element of aural delight, I've incorporated a lot of audio of the adult models featured in this tease. And when I say that, any female voice you hear in this FlashTease is the actual female voice of the adult models pictured (well, with one exception). I personally think it adds another element of realism (at least for me) and the variation of sounds and speech should make it a touch more difficult... in a fun way, of course. ;-) To be clear, not EVERY female adult model will have audio of their voices; I think I got about 70% of the girls though. :look:

4) Enhanced Metronome Stroking (EMS) - cool or annoying?
On the note of sound, something I did in my first FlashTease is something i like to call Enhanced Metronome Stroking. About 80% of the stroking activities in AW2 will be sound-based metronome stroking ENHANCED with the actual female voices of the adult stars. I personally think this adds a hot dimension to soundbased stroking, through I can also imagine it could be annoying to some. Would like to hear your thoughts after you check it out. :yes:

Now some playing tips:

1) Lots of lotion/lube
You'll get enough breaks, but as a 2+ hour long FlashTease, make sure you have plenty of lotion or lube handy.

2) Decide carefully
I've tried my best to design this FlashTease so that decisions you make (i.e. responses to girls you encounter) will have some influence on what happens later in the tease. It's nothing too complex, but keep that in mind - instead of mindlessly pushing an option, you may want to figure out the response to get the proper response down the line.

3) Jump points
While there are no save points (at this time) in this tease, I've incorporated jump points in the eariler parts (e.g. story building intro) of the Tease. So if you happen to fail in the middle of the competition, use the jump points to skip the early intro parts.

One final secret tip: Those of you that are having difficulty from climaxing too early in the tease, there is a way to "assist" you to get to the end. I won't give you the exact details, but it does involve:
Spoiler: show
ruining your orgasm... once in Round 3, once in Round 4

I think that's about it for now... PLEASE report any bugs and/or feedback on any of the elements above.

Oh and one near final point, once I get all the bugs flushed out, I will be making a TeaseMe version with high resolution images hopefully by next week. :-D If I feel exceptionally adventurous, I *might* make some changes to make the TeaseMe version even more interesting.

Thanks all!
Last edited by supermokkori on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 am, edited 18 times in total.
ACoolGuy
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: FB: The Awesome Competition 2

Post by ACoolGuy »

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! it is really an amazing tease so far.
One point of feedback I wanna give- One of the things that I enjoyed the most about the Awesome Competition is the ability to change the difficulty- at most points in the game, you could ask the girl to speed up or slow down the metronome. This allowed the experience and difficulty to change to your own stamina and the way you wanted your experience to go. I know this is probably a lot of work, but is there any chance of a few "slow down" or "speed up" commands that could be put in?
So far, I've really enjoyed the additional audio, it is really cool and adds to the experience.
Thanks again for all your hard work, and I look forward to playing this- a lot!
meson1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meson1 »

Great. Looking forward to trying it. One question though. The original Awesome Competition was geared towards Fleshlight use with additional instructions to suggest one should be compensate if they weren't using such an aid.

So the question is. Given that you have 'tweaked' the difficulty, did you do that with a Fleshlight in mind or without?

[EDIT]Scratch that. The answer is in the tease intro. Which I'll quote here:
Unlike the original 'Awesome Competition', this Flashtease wasn't designed with the Fleshlight in mind. With that said, there's no reason why you couldn't use the Fleshlight for the 'Awesome Competition 2' in a similar fashion to how the Fleshlight was used in the original 'Awesome Competition'. That said, because #2 is going to be much longer than the original, you better have a lot of lube handy. ;)
OK then, a different question. When can we expect the HD version for TeaseMe? :-D I guess you'll at least need to finish the v1.0 final first.
yak14
Explorer
Explorer

Post by yak14 »

This is a more than fantastic tease, thank you for this!

I found a bug nearly at the end, on page 1420 is an endless loop.

Looking forward to the HD Version and the final 1.0
Vinc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Vinc »

:\'-( im crying...because I'm so happy youve made this. =D You're the man! You know how much i like your teases.
Mykki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mykki »

I just ran into a dead end at what I suppose is meant to be the last talk with Faye.

Good news first. It's as decent as it gets. A bit repetive here and there, but the actual scenes are really top notch. You have few very nice ideas and bring something new to Milovana. Use of sound and such, it's all excellent.

And the bad news. I just used three and half hours before running to the dead end. The description said 2+ hours which is very misleading considering I tried to make quick decissions and choose the shorter path whenever I could. I'm not sure if 2+ hours is meant as as a general "very long tease", but I wasn't ready for this amount of time consumption. You could have made two or more likely three decent teases with all the material you've got here. Also considering you were going for Awesome Competition style tease with "reward at the end" (Im assuming. I didnt get there.) it's very weird to have no save points. I loved your tease A Very Good Day because you could choose if you wanted to do the whole thing or if you wanted anything from 15-minute tease to 30-minute tease. I have played AVGD maybe 20 times..not sure. But this tease here with 3-4 hours of playing with only reward at the end and no save points. There is no replay value at all. I'm telling you right now I'm not going to play it again without save points. As good as it is, I don't have that kind of time every week.

It's a huge shame because the tease is brilliant. If you had cut it down to two or three parts, they would most likely all be TOTM-nominees if not winners. But after three hours and meeting the girl number 27 no amount of clever dialogue and sounds is going to do anything for me.

I'd have tons of good things to say about the tease because it truly is great apart from the length. I might write a proper list at some other time, but right now I'm, hopefully understandably, disappointed with running to a dead end after using so much time.
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by supermokkori »

yak14 wrote:This is a more than fantastic tease, thank you for this!

I found a bug nearly at the end, on page 1420 is an endless loop.

Looking forward to the HD Version and the final 1.0
Hey yak14, thanks for that - actually there's two endless bugs around that part, so thanks for point that out.

Holy heck - you got pretty far in the tease! I guess it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be! :lol:
Mykki wrote:I just ran into a dead end at what I suppose is meant to be the last talk with Faye.
Mykki, if you don't mind, do you recall exactly what that page said? If you do, please wrap it around spoiler tags. ;-)
Mykki wrote:Good news first. It's as decent as it gets. A bit repetive here and there, but the actual scenes are really top notch. You have few very nice ideas and bring something new to Milovana. Use of sound and such, it's all excellent.

And the bad news. I just used three and half hours before running to the dead end. The description said 2+ hours which is very misleading considering I tried to make quick decissions and choose the shorter path whenever I could. I'm not sure if 2+ hours is meant as as a general "very long tease", but I wasn't ready for this amount of time consumption. You could have made two or more likely three decent teases with all the material you've got here. Also considering you were going for Awesome Competition style tease with "reward at the end" (Im assuming. I didnt get there.) it's very weird to have no save points. I loved your tease A Very Good Day because you could choose if you wanted to do the whole thing or if you wanted anything from 15-minute tease to 30-minute tease. I have played AVGD maybe 20 times..not sure. But this tease here with 3-4 hours of playing with only reward at the end and no save points. There is no replay value at all. I'm telling you right now I'm not going to play it again without save points. As good as it is, I don't have that kind of time every week.
Thanks Mykki for your honest and in-depth feedback, this is very good.

You're probably right that 2+ hours is a little misleading - the 2+ hours was in reference to the meat of the tease in the competition... and that certainly can range from 2-3 hours depending on the random encounters. I'll change it to 2-3 hours in the scene summary.

As I stated above, I'm really torn about a save/jump point in the middle of the tease. While I can certainly add that later this week for the v1.0 final, it will certain "lockout" certain choices later down the tease depending on where I place the save point. But you certainly make a strong argument, Mykki.

FYI, just to point out a couple of things: You might be thinking of another tease, cuz there's absolutely no way you can finish 'A Very Good Day' in 15 minutes! :lol: Also, you made reference to save points with the original Awesome Competition... but there weren't any save points in the Awesome Competition (I may have misunderstood the point there).
Mykki wrote:It's a huge shame because the tease is brilliant. If you had cut it down to two or three parts, they would most likely all be TOTM-nominees if not winners. But after three hours and meeting the girl number 27 no amount of clever dialogue and sounds is going to do anything for me.

I'd have tons of good things to say about the tease because it truly is great apart from the length. I might write a proper list at some other time, but right now I'm, hopefully understandably, disappointed with running to a dead end after using so much time.
Well - at least you think my dialogue is clever. :w00t:

I figured the length of this tease would be something of negative to most members here - believe it or not, it was at least 25% LONGER in my original version! :-P And while I could've cut it down and make it a multi-part tease, I actually wanted to "test" the limits of how big a FlashTease could get... well that and really make it a REAL endurance test of a Tease that has enough variation so it's not repetitive.

Anyway, I really do appreciate the great honest feedback, Mykki - if you could point out where the dead end happened, that would help immensely - as a FlashTease I personally designed so I myself could play it multiple times, I would be pissed at myself if I came upon that dead end! :lol:

Thanks again, keep the bugs and feedback coming!
Mykki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mykki »

The dead end:
I'm not quite sure of the exact page, I'm afraid. It was shortly after Faye told about the three women and umm I suppose the three different ways they work. I remember the button had some text rather than being a simple continue-button.
You did slightly misunderstand me, but partly because I wasn't clear enough :) I meant to say that tease this long should have a save point. The first awesome competition could have used one, too, but it was half the lenght of the new one, so maybe it doesnt matter as much. I'm not sure if you changed the tease since I tested it the first time, but going through first round of the actual competition and meeting all the girls in random order is a bit repetitive. I mean if you wanted to do the tease again and again, it would always consume.. I dont know...around 40-60 minutes to go through same girls in the first round. They are great scenes though :)

And sure you can do A Very Good Day in around 15 minutes :) It's not the proper big ending but you can reach the Tessa ending in a very short time and I have done it many times because it might very well be the best single scene on the entire Milovana :)
Frozen88
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Frozen88 »

Getting a blowjob from Lexi in the beginning I only had the chance to edge or cum, but the text says stroke to the beat (no beat there)
Ps: Had the first question right, the second wrong
With the girl with "parlé":
Do you have to wait 5+ loops until it continues?
After repeatig and repeating i klicked parel or what it was named and game over :-/
Maybe I also missklicked because of the changing page :whistle:
:innocent:
troyan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by troyan »

This is awesome! I've been waiting for months and finally here it is!;) I'm gonna try it now;) :D
Sexytimes 5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sexytimes 5 »

:thankyou: Awesome indeed! :hooray:

I have to say that this was well worth the wait. There was an issue with an mp3 file. I don't know for sure where it was because it is so awesome it doesn't even matter but will check it out again, and again, and again and let you know. :mbounce:
troyan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by troyan »

I finished round 3, but it said i finished round 2:) There was a girl at the break asking me if I would mind watching her. I clicked "no" which I thought will be a good choice to watch her, but she sent me away. Maybe it is a bug? Other than that I did not find any mistakes. Was way too easy for me with FL, probably just me anyway;)
supermokkori
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by supermokkori »

ACoolGuy wrote:... One of the things that I enjoyed the most about the Awesome Competition is the ability to change the difficulty- at most points in the game, you could ask the girl to speed up or slow down the metronome. This allowed the experience and difficulty to change to your own stamina and the way you wanted your experience to go. I know this is probably a lot of work, but is there any chance of a few "slow down" or "speed up" commands that could be put in?
So far, I've really enjoyed the additional audio, it is really cool and adds to the experience.
Thanks again for all your hard work, and I look forward to playing this- a lot!
Thanks for the kind words, ACoolGuy. :thumbsup:

There are a few encounters where you can dictate some speed changes, but not a whole lot. It's a bit of work to make the changes you've asked, but not out of the realm of possibility. Were there any specific encounters you would want to see this happen?
Mykki wrote:The dead end...
And fixed... and it was such a stupid mistake, you have my sincere apologies. :-( I can see how, making it THAT FAR, you would be really frustrated with the tease. :-/
Mykki wrote:You did slightly misunderstand me, but partly because I wasn't clear enough :) I meant to say that tease this long should have a save point. The first awesome competition could have used one, too, but it was half the length of the new one, so maybe it doesnt matter as much. I'm not sure if you changed the tease since I tested it the first time, but going through first round of the actual competition and meeting all the girls in random order is a bit repetitive. I mean if you wanted to do the tease again and again, it would always consume.. I dont know...around 40-60 minutes to go through same girls in the first round. They are great scenes though :)
For the next few days, I'll be just making bug fixes - I might be tuning difficulty, but so far, it doesn't sound like many people have found this overly hard. I'm going to wait over the weekend to make any final major changes for v1.0.
Mykki wrote:And sure you can do A Very Good Day in around 15 minutes :) It's not the proper big ending but you can reach the Tessa ending in a very short time and I have done it many times because it might very well be the best single scene on the entire Milovana :)
Ahhh... I had forgotten about how I structured A Very Good Day so it had different endings of varying lengths. :lol: Well played, Mykki. :clap:
meson1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by meson1 »

Okay. I gave it a wee whirl last night. It is stupendous. Not enough teases are inventive with the stroking activity, but AC2 is much better.

If I have one criticism, it's the relative sound levels of the metronome between audio that is beat only and audio in which the beat has been dubbed on top of the girls' voice. If I have the sound level high enough to properly hear the girl and the accompanying beat, then when the tease switches to a metronome only track, it's so loud that it blasts out of my speakers and I have to turn it down quick.

It doesn't help that where I live, the walls are paper thin, and the last thing I want to do is wake up the neighbours in the middle of the night. :-O

It would be an improvement if the tracks were more even in volume.

Otherwise, I didn't find any bugs yet. But already the re-playability looks like it's going to be good.
Humblest
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Humblest »

Wow, AW2 is out! :-) This is my most anticipated flashtease. :-) I have tested the first version and that was already a very good tease, so I can't wait to start this one. Lack of privacy and work, though, may delay this until the weekend or early next week :-( but I hope I get a chance sooner. :yes: