Is there a term for this...?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): I don't but think it could be fun.
Sub/Slave(s): My Wife

Is there a term for this...?

Post by Snot »

Is there a term or phrase commonly used to describe a scenario in which the dom controls the sub into doing things that would be commonly classified as dominant behavior?

Would the dom be topping from the bottom or whatever?
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Re: Is there a term for this...?

Post by janmb »

Topping from the bottom indicates a sub controlling how the dom should control them (and not what you are looking for)

Not sure if there is any good expression for what you are referring to, at least never encountered it... Then again not a common scenario either, so might very well be a niche expression out there somewhere
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

janmb wrote:Topping from the bottom indicates a sub controlling how the dom should control them (and not what you are looking for)

Not sure if there is any good expression for what you are referring to, at least never encountered it... Then again not a common scenario either, so might very well be a niche expression out there somewhere

This action would be Switching and often switches couple together, for Alternate Power Exchanges.
Rather than a Dom/me Sub Permanent or Total Power Exchange. PPE & TPE

Topping from the bottom is a derogatory term for a subby misbehaving.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
ryvenheart
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ryvenheart »

Nothing derogatory about this (anymore), as it's well-described in literature by now.

For example, taken from "Screw the roses[...]"'s glossary:
Topping from the bottom - Maintaining the fiction that the top is in charge, where the real control and direction of a scene rests with the bottom.
Bottoming from the top - Originally a derogatory term for a top who allows his bottom to run the scene, "bottoming from the top" has become a valid style of play. Most tops experience some scenes where they prefer to take at least some direction from their bottoms. Some even prefer this style of play and may call themselves submissive sadists.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

ryvenheart wrote:Nothing derogatory about this (anymore), as it's well-described in literature by now.

For example, taken from "Screw the roses[...]"'s glossary:
Topping from the bottom - Maintaining the fiction that the top is in charge, where the real control and direction of a scene rests with the bottom.
Bottoming from the top - Originally a derogatory term for a top who allows his bottom to run the scene, "bottoming from the top" has become a valid style of play. Most tops experience some scenes where they prefer to take at least some direction from their bottoms. Some even prefer this style of play and may call themselves submissive sadists.

I did mention that the subby is misbehaving when its derogatory.

If it is permitted I use it as a way of exploring new scenes, for limits and preferences.

My subs all know I hate "Topping from the Bottom"

But love experimenting and exploration.
Welcoming comment when its asked for.
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

les wrote:This action would be Switching and often switches couple together, for Alternate Power Exchanges.
Not sure this is what the OP tries to describe at all...

As I understand it, the OP describes a scenario where you have three levels: Dom, sub, and sub-sub.

In short, one sub is commanded to dom another sub further down the food chain so to speak. If so, switching is really not a correct term for that either.

You can obviously regard the sub in the middle as a switch of some kind, but not in the traditional sense as long as we're talking about a sub being dommed into domming another sub at the same time.

A switch is more typically a complete exchange of roles - where the sub turns into the dom and vice versa.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

janmb wrote:
les wrote:This action would be Switching and often switches couple together, for Alternate Power Exchanges.
Not sure this is what the OP tries to describe at all...

As I understand it, the OP describes a scenario where you have three levels: Dom, sub, and sub-sub.

In short, one sub is commanded to dom another sub further down the food chain so to speak. If so, switching is really not a correct term for that either.

You can obviously regard the sub in the middle as a switch of some kind, but not in the traditional sense as long as we're talking about a sub being dommed into domming another sub at the same time.

A switch is more typically a complete exchange of roles - where the sub turns into the dom and vice versa.

I see
My bad misread, the third person was not clear
It is more a hierarchical situation then.
or if it just the two of them then the dom/me may well be a switch and in need of the temporary rôle reversal, while maintaining control.
I have heard of this but never have seen a label applied.

It is often said to truly understand being a dom/me you also have to have been submissive.
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Snot »

Thanks for the information. I think I have a better understanding of what I'm doing now. There may not be a term for it because it's not very common but in short, I'm the dominant and very vocal about it. I give commands that must be obeyed and punishments if they're not met to my satisfaction.

The bit that's out of the norm is that I'm instructing my sub to tease me with edging sessions where she must practice and master the art of keeping me on the edge for as long as possible with out pushing me over. When she makes a mistake and takes me over the edge she has to stop all contact instantly and is punished by not being allowed to give me the pleasure of a full orgasm and also a spanking or some nipple torture or whatever I'm in the mood for.

I ware a chastity device 24/7 and don't allow her any contact with my cock until she's earned my permission.

This has been working great for us. It combines my tease and denial fantasy with her fantasy of being dominated and she's turning into an expert tease. If you watched one of our sexual encounters without sound we would appear to switch roles. That should clear things up.

I'm mostly looking to find out what if any this is called so I can look for other couples that practice male chastity from the dominate position in the bedroom.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

@Snot
Thank you for clearing things up.
What an interesting scenario.

You are both obviously enjoying each other.
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by janmb »

Ah, seems I misunderstood a bit too.

So the dom (snot) commands the sub to perform typically dominant actions on the dom... No idea if any term exists for that, but sounds fun :smile:

"Self-domming" could work, but sounds a bit too solo...
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Basically snot is telling his sub how he wants to be served, :yes:
There is no power exchange. :no:
Because if there was he would be punished for cumming not her. :\'-(

                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by curiousSK »

Sounds like some sort of forced Dom(me), like forced bi, just instead of bisexual acts, the sub is commanded to be dominant.

:w00t:
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Snot »

curiousSK wrote:Sounds like some sort of forced Dom(me), like forced bi, just instead of bisexual acts, the sub is commanded to be dominant.

:w00t:
I wouldn't say I'm commanding her to be dominant. It's just the common perception that if a female is edging a male with the goal of not letting him orgasm or ruining it if he does, that she's being dominant. The way I make her do it isn't like this.

I make her do it in a submissive way. For example right now I'm having her practice giving ruined orgasms. When she's edged me to the point where she can keep me on the edge with her fingertips I straddle her chest to put my cock just above her face. I don't let her know when I'm about to orgasm so the faster she stops all contact the less cum gets on her face.

If she pushes me over to hard, cum spurts all over her face. She's starting to get good enough at it now to where it just oozes down the shaft over my balls and into her mouth.

Then of course she has to clean up her mess.

I haven't managed to put a dominant light on everything though. Ball busting for example... Once I have her start really squeezing my balls I lose the dominant composure pretty quickly even though we pretend my moans and whimpers are more pleasurable than they sound. So there are some grey areas for sure when it comes to things done for my enjoyment.

Maybe I'll coin a term for it myself and see if I can make it popular. I really like male chastity play but I not a fan of how it's always being displayed as a submissive act even though I'm still really turned on by it. I'll post some captions in the next week or so that may promote my ideal version of chastity. =)
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Snot wrote:
Maybe I'll coin a term for it myself and see if I can make it popular. I really like male chastity play but I not a fan of how it's always being displayed as a submissive act even though I'm still really turned on by it. I'll post some captions in the next week or so that may promote my ideal version of chastity. =)

Snotting
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Snot »

les wrote:
Snot wrote:

Snotting
I do have to admit, that's pretty catchy. :lol: