Question regarding chastity devices

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
Achnod
Explorer
Explorer

Question regarding chastity devices

Post by Achnod »

Hi,

First of all, I have been reading teases in here for a very long time but just recently decided to join the forums.

I know this might not be the best place to ask but I figured I would be able to get some feedback from some members.

I have been interested in chastity for the last 5 years. I finally had the courage to talk about it to my girlfriend and to my surprise she seemed interested by the idea. She had a few restrictions regarding the devices and I also have some questions.

First of all, she said that the device should be easy to clean/maintain and also it must not smells or make my penis smells.

So, I was interested by the CB line (cb6000 or cb-3000) but again I need to make sure, are those easy to keep clean? Do they end up smelling at the end of the day?

I was also looking at silicon devices like the birdlocked and the bon-4. Our main concern was that it might smells. (I was mostly interested in the birdlocked Neo).

The last 2 models I was looking at were in stainless steel. The first one is The Jail House Chastity Device and the second one is this one : http://www.amazon.com/Kink-Industries-C ... _sim_hpc_7

It is also present on the extreme restraint website but with a slightly different name.

I am just wondering if anyone has ever developed an allergy to those 2 devices or any other stainless steel devices. I know that I can't wear anything in silver or I will get a rash but I have yet to test stainless steel.

I know that they are both manufactured by XR LLC, but none of them have the quality of the steel listed. I know that in order to avoid problems, the best should be 316L or 304 but I haven't been able to find anything related to that anywhere. Does anyone have more information.

Lastly, should the device be an exact fit? Let's say that if I am 3,25" flaccid and 6 while hard. Should I got with a 3.25" cage or a 3.5" or 4"

thank you very much for your time and your help.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Question regarding chastity devices

Post by janmb »

Cleanliness : Go steel, it's the best way by far. For comfort too.

maturemetal.com and steelworxx.de seem to be commonly accepted as the best providers. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. They both produce custom fit devices based on your own measurements, which is a huge advantage in terms of getting a good fit.

Based on your gf comments, forget the cb range or any other enclosed plastic or silicone device.

Also be sure to check out chastityforums.com and chastitymansion.com, two of the best resources on the net. For measurement, pansytart on the latter site has a great guide to avoid mistakes and misconceptions.
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
nilcum
King of Hardware
King of Hardware
I am a: Switch

Post by nilcum »

If you want to be secure with a trapped ball device you will probably need something that works with a piercing. I've tried a few styles and some solutions to fix pull out issues. Nothing ever worked. So, my advice is that if security is ESSENTIAL to you get a Ms. Lori tube (or something similar) or a full belt style device.
curiousSK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by curiousSK »

I have one exactly like the second steel one you showed here (just called something different - hint cheaper on ebay) which i find to be just fine in all aspects :)
Best wishes - SK :oldtimer:
seidenki
Explorer
Explorer

Post by seidenki »

I am self-locked in a CB3000s. I've also added a KSD-G3 (modified), which makes it considerably more secure, though not as good as a piercing. I've been in it 6 weeks so far.

I found that washing your package at least every other day with anti-bacterial handwash when showering keeps the smell down. And use a cotton-bud (some people call them Q-tips?) to help cleaning, especially around the head of your penis.

Sei.
daquiri
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by daquiri »

Agree with Sei for the most part. I can't speak for the ksd personally, but have heard good things.
I'm reasonably secure in my 6k or 6ks. Never had a smell problem either, but it is a bit tiresome after a while trying to clean it out after every bathroom visit, but thats with any of them.

Never heard anyone with an allergy.

The exact fit will somewhat be determined by the type of device. A decent proprietor should offer advice on that with the product info.

Also, the cb6k, if you dont get a counterfeit, are a cheap way to start out, while the metal ones are a good bit more expensive and can be a pain if the design doesnt work for you. there are pros and cons of all the types and with a little bit of a web search i'm sure you can find the whole exhaustive laundry list of those, which are too long to get into here.
Achnod
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Achnod »

janmb wrote:Cleanliness : Go steel, it's the best way by far. For comfort too.

maturemetal.com and steelworxx.de seem to be commonly accepted as the best providers. Expensive, but you get what you pay for. They both produce custom fit devices based on your own measurements, which is a huge advantage in terms of getting a good fit.

Based on your gf comments, forget the cb range or any other enclosed plastic or silicone device.

Also be sure to check out chastityforums.com and chastitymansion.com, two of the best resources on the net. For measurement, pansytart on the latter site has a great guide to avoid mistakes and misconceptions.
Thx for the tips, I was actually going to take a look at both forums. I know about maturemetal and steelworxx but I am not ready to invest much in it yet since I am not sure my gf will love it and want to proceed further. It is something I hoping for but I do not know yet.

nilcum wrote:If you want to be secure with a trapped ball device you will probably need something that works with a piercing. I've tried a few styles and some solutions to fix pull out issues. Nothing ever worked. So, my advice is that if security is ESSENTIAL to you get a Ms. Lori tube (or something similar) or a full belt style device.
As of right now, piercings are out of the questions. I am not really looking into full belt either and since we are only starting, I would rather wait and buy a cheaper device just to test the water.
curiousSK wrote:I have one exactly like the second steel one you showed here (just called something different - hint cheaper on ebay) which i find to be just fine in all aspects :)
I will keep that in mind, that is a +1 for me.
seidenki wrote:I am self-locked in a CB3000s. I've also added a KSD-G3 (modified), which makes it considerably more secure, though not as good as a piercing. I've been in it 6 weeks so far.

I found that washing your package at least every other day with anti-bacterial handwash when showering keeps the smell down. And use a cotton-bud (some people call them Q-tips?) to help cleaning, especially around the head of your penis.

Sei.
Thank you for the tip, I will keep that in mind.
daquiri wrote:Agree with Sei for the most part. I can't speak for the ksd personally, but have heard good things.
I'm reasonably secure in my 6k or 6ks. Never had a smell problem either, but it is a bit tiresome after a while trying to clean it out after every bathroom visit, but thats with any of them.

Never heard anyone with an allergy.

The exact fit will somewhat be determined by the type of device. A decent proprietor should offer advice on that with the product info.

Also, the cb6k, if you don't get a counterfeit, are a cheap way to start out, while the metal ones are a good bit more expensive and can be a pain if the design doesn't work for you. there are pros and cons of all the types and with a little bit of a web search I'm sure you can find the whole exhaustive laundry list of those, which are too long to get into here.
I was aware about the fake cb-6000 devices and was not planning on getting them. I was also hoping to start with a cb or a birdlocked before moving to steel but since the device must be cleaned or at least easy to clean, I wanted to look into low end steel devices. The only thing right now that is stopping me from buying is that I am not sure of the composition of the stainless steel ones (maturemetal are 306 which would be perfect but they are to expensive right no). The jailhouse and the other devices I am looking at are manufactured by XR LLC, which after looking into seems to be a part of Extreme restraint (or the otherway around). i have send an email to them regarding both devices and waiting for an answer.

Thank you all for the info, I will keep looking.
janmb
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by janmb »

Achnod wrote: Thx for the tips, I was actually going to take a look at both forums. I know about maturemetal and steelworxx but I am not ready to invest much in it yet since I am not sure my gf will love it and want to proceed further. It is something I hoping for but I do not know yet.
True enough, custom steel devices are very expensive.

My concern in your case though, is that if she is already apprehensive about cleanliness/smell, the experience with a cbxxxx or similar device is probably only gonna serve to reinforce her (as well as your own) worries when it comes to that topic.

As you are already looking at, a lower end steel device will probably be better in terms of smell and hygiene in general.

At least look for a device that is not fully enclosed like the cb range is. Sure, many feel it needs to be a closed cage to "count" as a proper chastity device, but in the end of the day that is not what it is about at all. Virtually ALL devices, short of a few full belts, allow the locked party to get off if they want to badly enough. Even completely enclosed devices can be beaten by using a powerful vibrator... So nothing is fool-proof.

Good luck anyway
Yes, I most certainly CAN do it again!
Snot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Dom/me(s): I don't but think it could be fun.
Sub/Slave(s): My Wife

Post by Snot »

I can post you some disgusting pics of what my cb looks like after a days work. I have to clean the hell out of it every day and I still need to wash really well after it was removed before the wife would let me near her. =(

I'm so much happier since i switched to stainless steel that I can't express it enough. Its by far easier to keep clean and yourself as well. I live in FL so its really hot and humid most of the time and that has a lot to do with how clean the device is.

After wearing that cb over night and then to work the next day there would be dead skin stuck to the ring that was a bitch to clean off while wearing it. I'd also recommend getting a shower head on a string. Something that has good pressure that you can unhook from the wall and pressure wash your cb if you go that route.

Imo you should save yourself the wasted cash you spent on the CB to get a custom made stainless steel device first. I'd worry about e baying a device since you wouldn't be able to get the custom fit. Its worth it to me to spend the extra cash to just have one made for you than what you'd save buying one that's been made to fit someone else.

How often have you purchased used shoes on ebay? Its kinda the same only its very difficult to measure your dick when you compare it to measuring your feet. =p

chastity heaven has alot of good info on what to look for in a device if you read their site. I think they are a reseller for MM and they will reply to emails really quickly so if you have any questions about any of their stuff they can answer them.

As for getting the lady into chastity the male chastity blog is run by a lady that sales a book for around $50 that was really helpful for me. When I got it she had a life time money back deal so you might look into it. it was really good about explaining the realistic aspects of chastity without all the fantasy and fetish that normally get tacked onto it.

I haven't had my pet trap very long at all but I'm already saving up for a Lori 2C. I figure if the pet trap I have now is that much better than the cb i had... Why not shoot for one that's even better. =)
Achnod
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Achnod »

Hi,

Just an update for everyone who cared.

After reading up a lot and asking questions on the other websites, we decided to go with the jailbird from maturemetal. Since it's way more expensive than expected it will probably be after I receive my xmas bonus.

Thx for all the comments and the pms that I received.