CyberMistress Routines Backup

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
MistressAlexa
Explorer
Explorer

CyberMistress Routines Backup

Post by MistressAlexa »

Hello all,

As you may or may not know, the CyberMistress forums have been closed, which means all created routines and files are now inaccessible. It would be a shame if these were lost, as these could be used by people who still have the software (you can't download it anymore), or for future projects.

I ask anyone who has CyberMistress content (not the program itself) to upload a link to it here, and I will make an offline backup. Rapidshare and Megaupload are examples of file-sharing sites you could use.

I have the original Donatella (credits to Subbiew):
http://rapidshare.com/files/451133471/S ... la_1.2.zip

I'll post Ashley Your Hot Babysitter later; it's a bit of a mess because I don't have the original installer.

Please post any content you have!
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Re: CyberMistress Routines Backup

Post by Kenneth »

Just wanted to post my two cents: I'm not really a fond of the idea since it actually brings back the content for the people because of who I (temporarily?) shut down the board - and I've seen at least one of them already trying to get to content anyway, not feeling guilty about his behavior which actuallly led to the closure of the board, even trying to make me feel guilty for all the others just to get his way - but I'm not opposed to it.

Also, I sincerely urge people to ask the permission of the original author (I think this board has more or less the same policy about this); as it is disrespect to my intellectual property which had me close the board in the first place.

The only thing which is forbidden - see license agreement -
is to distribute the actual CyberMistress program / platform.

This also includues particular scripts which had the executable in them ("Mistress.exe" or whatever it has been renamed).

On a side note, I'd like to thank the very understanding private messages I received from a lot of members. That felt really good, it does motivate me to bring back a completely rewritten CM some day ;-)

And more on a related note: how's your similar program coming along, MistressAlexa? :wave:
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Nezhul »

I don't know... seems strange descision of Kenneth to do so. It WAS free program. Why laying restrictions on it's distribution? I don't know. Well, it's his descision. And I know he's reading milovana from time to time, so I'll say this:
I'm not a fan of your program, just not for me (to make it clear I have no personal feelings here), but
- Closing the board for everyone because of a few trolls is sick as it is
- Telling you had no time to develop something because you had to clear board forum is at least strange, and IMO a BS, such a silly reason. Maybe your rules were bad, if that happened, hm? If you do something freeware, why should you make so much restrictions on it? IMO just to support your own EGO. And this ego made you close the forums - but that's not my problem anyway.
- You can't possibly make a good DRM with online verification as you plan. Bet you a beer I can crack anything you write in 1 or 2 days. Because I know writing something better just won't worth the effort. My point is, that instead of spending ANY time on this, you'd better make it open and free and acessible to anyone there is. Like Milovana. Noone is trying to bind teases to active members or close acess to them. Be real, all you'll achieve is another disappointment, because your "protection" will likely be cracked VERY soon, and you'll be yet again frustrated by it. :closedeyes:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Nezhul wrote:- Closing the board for everyone because of a few trolls is sick as it is
I agree, but it was the only way out. And quite surprising: I only got two negative reactions so far - from trolls! (so you're only the third person to be negative about it...) Compare that to quite a huge pile of very understanding private messages of members who take the time to say 'thanks', and it might not be so sick after all.
- Telling you had no time to develop something because you had to clear board forum is at least strange, and IMO a BS, such a silly reason. Maybe your rules were bad, if that happened, hm? If you do something freeware, why should you make so much restrictions on it? IMO just to support your own EGO. And this ego made you close the forums - but that's not my problem anyway.
First of all, the program was originally private, but I decided to share it. My program, my time, for your enjoyment.

Yes, it's freeware, but it's my project. I can't have anything to say because I offer it for free? With that attitude, I shouldn't even begin writing a new program. By your example, one can simply copy Milovana and Seraph0x should be pleased with it. I don't want to see CM ruined, that's why I keep the rights (yay for ego :innocent: ).

The rules weren't bad, the fact that some members (who ironically think they might be submissive) didn't take the time to read/follow them.

Just take a second to think how much time it takes you to read the *interesting* topics on this board (which is more active, I agree) written in 1 day . Taking into account you're probably a selective reader, that could be close to the time I spend reading *all* new posts at CM. Then add the time it takes to reply to questions (which I don't mind) and the time it takes to actually have users comply to board rules and to fight other issues (e.g. SPAMbots becoming smarter).
- You can't possibly make a good DRM with online verification as you plan. Bet you a beer I can crack anything you write in 1 or 2 days. Because I know writing something better just won't worth the effort.
The reason I actually started the (at first private) project, was because there was no decent alternative; and there still was a lot of room for improvement. I hope CM did set a new level, it's time for others to go on from there. My point to you: create your own open source freeware program and distribute it. Seems more constructive than cracking a program (which you claim not to like) :wave:
Last edited by Kenneth on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
---

The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Noone tells you to do it opensource. My point is, you could just:
- Let it go and allow people share older versions and the program itself as they want. If you make credits in it - it will still be credited to you.
- Let people's scripts be avaliable to anyone, no matter if they are registered or not, active or not.

Personaly I wouldn't bother with a program as small as CM. I didn't test it really, but it's clearly not something of commercial scale. Yes, YO write it and YOU spend your time on it. But you do it for yourself in the first place, and if you have descided to share it - don't be so protective of your rights.
I won't write something like that tho, I don't want and I have other things.

Also, the core program itself is yours. But the scripts are other peoples. If you combine all the time spend by different people on CM program, you'd notice that YOUR time in this would be relatively small. You ruined hours of people's work just for your egoism, that's my point.

And I don't care about how many supportive posts you get. It's just because most people understand that further offence to someone as nervous as you are won't make any good. That's why they write you good stuff in hopes that you'll get over it and reopen the board. But I wouldn't take it as an approval of your actions.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Nezhul wrote:Noone tells you to do it opensource. My point is, you could just:
- Let it go and allow people share older versions and the program itself as they want. If you make credits in it - it will still be credited to you.
Then I'll still get the questions and issues, which would be none of my business if people can't download it anymore. So again less time to focus on developing a new, better version; even if I ignore those reports. I'm really sorry that I didn't implement a "kill" function which would render the program unusable at some point (even though you'd be eager to crack it I suppose, but at least not everyone would still be using your cracked version).

There was *exclusive* content available to *active* users, but the choice to put it there, was the choice of the creator, not me (unless I was the creator of course). Again, it's offered for free, deal with what the author wants.

I agree, the content is (mostly) created by other, but respect their rights as well. Some people feel the same way like me; they don't like it if someone else distributes their work.

As for the PMs: some users hope CM comes back, others are just dealing with the fact it's closed. I take it as support; not approval, not disapproval.
---

aldorax
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by aldorax »

Wow. I had been away from the CM site for a while but must have missed some major drama there.

FWIW saying, Kenneth - I can relate firsthand. Labors of personal love and/or hobbies that end up shutting down due to such situations...who needs the drama, right? Thank you for sharing your hobbyist creation with the community for as long as you did.
MistressAlexa
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MistressAlexa »

Hello,
Kenneth wrote:Just wanted to post my two cents: I'm not really a fond of the idea since it actually brings back the content for the people because of who I (temporarily?) shut down the board - and I've seen at least one of them already trying to get to content anyway, not feeling guilty about his behavior which actuallly led to the closure of the board, even trying to make me feel guilty for all the others just to get his way - but I'm not opposed to it.
Yes, but it also brings back content for those who aren't "trolls". Temporary though it may be, I'm afraid that hosting may expire until it is brought back. I understand your decision about stopping the distribution of your program, but I must admit that I think closing the forums is a bit harsh, considering the amount of time some people spent making content. As well, by closing them, aren't you essentially letting the "trolls" win?
Kenneth wrote:Also, I sincerely urge people to ask the permission of the original author (I think this board has more or less the same policy about this); as it is disrespect to my intellectual property which had me close the board in the first place.
I was hesitant about this too, but since it is merely:

1. Distribution without modification
2. Credit is given to author
3. Distributed freely, in the same spirit as the originals
4. On a partner site, Milovana
5. Asking for permission is difficult, since the boards are closed

I don't think anyone would object. Nonetheless, since you have expressed concern, I will not be re-uploading the content (the download limit was reached).
And more on a related note: how's your similar program coming along, MistressAlexa? :wave:
Oh, thanks for bringing it up.

I am starting a program similar to CyberMistress, which would be compatible with CM scripts but would be:

-Open source (probably GPL)
-Written in Python
-Cross-platform
-Have new features; for now I have created a terminal-accessible debug tool
-Have a new default script, Creative Commons licensed (I have found some pictures for this purpose)

So far I have created a parser and started on the runtime, but there is a long way to go. I am very busy, so progress is slow.

If anyone wants to help in any aspect of this, please PM me. GUI developers and scriptwriters would be a big help!

Once the project fleshes out, I'll create a Sourceforge page.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

4. On a partner site, Milovana => doesn't really influence anything.
5. Asking for permission is difficult, since the boards are closed => if you have the content, you usually find the name of the author in the Read Me, and the private messaging system still works, so go ahead if you want to ;)

It was just a recommendation though, as for lots of authors, it's a very personal thing.
Speaking for myself: I don't want to see any of my work (program, content) anywhere.
---

Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

Why did you make it public then anyway? I don't see a point, of making something public and freeware, and then stating "You can download it only from THIS site". Include credits PAGE to the program, with a link to your site and you are g2g. IMO.
I make free content here too. I don't really care if someone reposts it or even makes a remake using my code. I'v decided to make it free and public, and I don't see a point in running around and yelling "That's mine! MY work! My precious!!!! it was ME who did it!!!!1!!!11!1oneoneone"

well, that's my opinion anyway, you can have it your way but it only makes me doubt your self confidence, not respect your work. Oh, you did well and I praise you. I'm just telling you now what impression your attitude leaves in me.

Again I'm full aware I'm telling unpleasant things, but I don't want to offend you in any way. I don't need it. I just write how things look to ME. Not trying to degrade you here, as it may seem. Unfortunately people tend to mistake one for another. As I'm not really interested in your program, I have no grudge to you, thus don't need to offend you. It's just what I think.

Well, I'm off, or someone will yet again accuse me in trolling.
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Nezhul: no offense, but that post didn't add anything new at all, no arguments whatsoever.
You already expressed your view. To me, that last post which adds nothing new seems like grudge or lack of self confidence (or at second thought, maybe the opposite, overconfident). Or you are/were a lot more interested in the program after all.

Can't we just agree that there are different views rather than attacking one another for having a different view?

I respect your opinion, your view. Your work is public, you don't mind if others distribute it.
I did make it public, but I want to keep the rights to my work.

To answer your question: I made it public so others could enjoy the program; not for *some* users to ruin it for me. Definitely not for the money and neither for the public praise (or it would still have been up and promoted on various web sites). Yes, I could also let it go, be a doormat, let everyone walk over me. But then there never would be a new/better version since I'd no longer enjoy creating a new one.
---

Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

How exactly would someone walk over you? Give me details maybe I'll be convinced.
How could someone ruin your closed-source app? Will he do it by distributing it elsewhere? I don't think so. Will your rights be lost if it's distributed elsewhere? Not if you attach credits to it.

Tell me just what could happen? How exactly did people try to "walk over you"? I just don't see a way.
I could see them if it actually WAS commercial. But if it's freeware, what could someone do to piss you off so much? :huh:

And no I may swear by any god of your choice I wasn't interested in it. I registered, downloaded it, tried a few scripts, studied the functionality, and saw nothing interesting for me. :innocent:
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Nezhul wrote:Will he do it by distributing it elsewhere? I don't think so. Will your rights be lost if it's distributed elsewhere? Not if you attach credits to it.
That's where you already violate my right as stipulated in the License Agreement where I'm the one to distribute the program. Not for credits, just to make sure I don't get complaints/bug reports or other issues which are related to older versions. Now you're contradicting yourself ("if you attach credits to it"): I don't need to be credited, so your self confidence theory is wrong. If it was about the fame, I would allow others to distribute it.

Also, I'm not trying to convince you to have the same view as me, just to respect my opinion and wishes on my creation. Is that really so much to ask? :whistle:

You won't convince me either of your view, but I do respect your view and your wishes about your own work. I really wonder what's bothering you so much about my wish that others don't distribute my work.

So far, you've just been attacking my approach; rather than telling what bothers you about it (or you failed to do so properly). That's what interests me, although that doesn't change anything about my wishes and rights.

And oh, sorry, I'm an atheist :-P
---

SexualChoc
Chat Moderator

Post by SexualChoc »

Okay
I am sad to see the program taken down
I understand you wanting to keep your content safe
Some people assume because you put it on the internet, it is nwo something they own.

You are the author
Look at the example of Submatt here on Milovana for precident, he wrote teases
he took them down
they were hs to post or take down as he wished.

Same is true of your program
I like the idea of cybermistress and tried it out a few times myself

It will be sad to loose such a resource
but I repect you as the author, creator, CEO
to make a desision.

I do hope that you will consider a relaunch sometime
perhps and even better version, like a pheonix will arise.
If not...

Thank you for a good program that tormented us.
I appreciate all the work you did.
sorry to see it dead.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

If you follow that logics, then you had no right to take down people's custom content which you do not own. You have a right to do so with a program. But scripts is something credited to their authors, and they should be left avaliable if the authors wish so. Am I not right? Or did you have some rule in Licence Agreement about that it's your property - custom scripts?