Problem with Uploading pics and tags

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Problem with Uploading pics and tags

Post by wonkywanker »

hey, don't know if you were aware or if you've fixed it but there appears to be a problem with the tag system as well as uploading pics.

1) when uploading a pic it says uploading but never does, I have waited a long time and it doesn't work, after exiting and re-entering the tease in editor the pic usually uploads straight away then after the next page the same thing happens.

2) When i did my last couple of teases when clicking on a tag it brought me to the homepage, i guess I'm not the only with this problem since the new one by dark lord doesn't have any tags, however i noticed after making it visible your able to edit tags.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem with Uploading pics and tags

Post by seraph0x »

wonkywanker wrote:1) when uploading a pic it says uploading but never does, I have waited a long time and it doesn't work, after exiting and re-entering the tease in editor the pic usually uploads straight away then after the next page the same thing happens.
Thanks for the report. I just tried it, seems to work fine for me. Anyone else experienced any difficulties?
wonkywanker wrote:2) When i did my last couple of teases when clicking on a tag it brought me to the homepage, i guess I'm not the only with this problem since the new one by dark lord doesn't have any tags, however i noticed after making it visible your able to edit tags.
Bug confirmed. I'll get to work on it right away.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, the tag thing is fixed. :-)

Due to the nature of the bug, there might be related problems though, so please report if anything smells funny. ;-)

Still no clue why you might be having trouble with the uploader, though. :-/
elgoomgnizalb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elgoomgnizalb »

I think he may be expecting the picture to appear when he's editing the text.

The picture doesn't actually show up in that window, though, when you upload. Or at least it doesn't for me (Either?) unless I save the page, and enter it again from the main "Create a tease" section.

Using Firefox.
"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.11) Gecko/20070312 Firefox/1.5.0.11" is the text in the "about" blurb.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

no I'm not expecting the image to appear whilst editing text.

when i created a new page and attempted to upload for the first time it didn't work and to go back to main page of tease and click add page and try uploading again.

i was using IE when creating the last tease, now on Firefox don't know if the bug is still there though.

should also say that it appears random, works some time first time but other not at all. I doubt this has anything to do with it but when i upload the pic i started to type straight away I noticed that if i left the text alone it would upload, however i'm not sure if it was random
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Ok, I've just tried it with IE and indeed the little thumbnails that should be visible above the uploader are not there for some reason. I'll fix that right away. (Not sure if that is what you meant though.)
Edit: fixed.

As far as problems with the upload itself go: There's nothing I can do. HTTP uploads just aren't a 100% thing. Sometimes the upload process gets stuck. If that happens just try again.
wonkywanker
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wonkywanker »

oh yeah forgot to mention the thumbnails, wasn't really a big deal with having to click a couple of times to upload a pic but it could frustrate some relatively new artists
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Me, too

Post by submatt »

For what it's worth, I've had the same problems uploading. It's part of the reason I haven't done a new tease in a while - it just gets frustrating having to try over and over.
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Getting worse

Post by submatt »

In fact, now I can't upload at all. I used to have to retry every 4th or 5th one. Now I can't even get the first picture to upload. Let me know when you get it fixed - I have some great new ideas.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Me, too

Post by seraph0x »

submatt wrote:For what it's worth, I've had the same problems uploading. It's part of the reason I haven't done a new tease in a while - it just gets frustrating having to try over and over.
:-| Why didn't anyone report this before? We can't fix what we don't know about!

I'll take another look at the uploader, but so far I've uploaded 20 pictures in both IE and Firefox and it worked every single time.

Can you describe what exactly the error is? You select the image and the little "Uploading..." bar animation pops up, but it doesn't fill?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Found a major bug that prevented the page editing from working - you could add new pages fine, but editing existing ones would fail always. :whistle:

I think this might have been it! :smile: Try again now, please. :-)

Thanks again for the report. And next time, please report right away. We are totally dependent on your reports. We can't test every possible function with every browser under every circumstance and sometimes something breaks during an update of something else. So, please, please, please, report if you see anything that might even just hint at possibly being an error. ;-)

Of course I'm responsible for that error and I'm sincerely sorry. :-(
elgoomgnizalb
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elgoomgnizalb »

Nonsense. Bugs crop up, and you DO have a life outside Milovana.

The site is up and works fine most of the time; we can't really ask for more.
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Still not working for me

Post by submatt »

Well, I'm not sure what to say. I'm unable to upload pics at all now. The uploading bar just never finishes. I used to get stuck every 4th or 5th page, but now I can't upload at all.

You wanted to know, so there you go. Obviously others can upload, because there are new teases. And obviously I'm not an idiot - I've done a ton of teases. It's just not working for me anymore.

FYI - I use IE and I have a dial-up connection, if that makes any difference.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Maybe delete the cache of your browser and then refresh the site where you can upload the pics. Or I suggest to try another browser until we understood the problem and have a solution.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dark wrote:Maybe delete the cache of your browser and then refresh the site where you can upload the pics. Or I suggest to try another browser until we understood the problem and have a solution.
I can only second that. Go to the "add page" page and press Ctrl+F5 to reload it. Then try again.

May I ask what version of IE you're using? Click Help > About in the menu to find out.