Tease of the month

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Tease of the month

Post by dark »

We all like quality. So i think a nice motivation for all authors would be to give a price for the best tease of the month. Every user of this forum can vote in the end of the month his favourite in a poll and the winner will get a small price. For example a special rank in this forum.

I would like this idea and the implementation would be easy.

What you guys think about it? :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

I like it. :smile:

Do you want to organize it? I'll send you a PM in a second.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Ok the situation changed for this topic today. We now have the possibility to rate teases. I would suggest that all teases that were rated above 3 can participate on the contest. I will open a poll on 31th August. The question is how long should the poll be open for voting? One week?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Hmm, maybe two weeks. Let's try one week and if we don't get enough votes, we'll extend the voting period.
surfcreanative
Explorer
Explorer

Post by surfcreanative »

The rating stars on teases is excellent.

The only addition I would like to see is the number of votes next to it. 30 People giving a tease an average of 4 stars makes it a classic, 2 people the jury might still be out.

Bring on the tease of the month.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

surfcreanative wrote:The rating stars on teases is excellent.

The only addition I would like to see is the number of votes next to it. 30 People giving a tease an average of 4 stars makes it a classic, 2 people the jury might still be out.

Bring on the tease of the month.
Yes that was also something I was thinking about. It's a piece of cake, I'll add it when the whole hacker thing is dealt with.

Btw. If there are less than three votes, then the result is not displayed!
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Any ideas for the price? I think a specialrank would be nice. Like...ehm... i have no idea :-D Anyone has an idea for this rank? Maybe "Author of the month". Not very creative :lol:

What should be the maximum teases for the poll? 5 or 10?

I will take the best rated teases until 31th August. But i dont know how i can direct attention about the number of rates. I think thats impossible, because the release-date is different.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

dark wrote:Any ideas for the price? I think a specialrank would be nice. Like...ehm... i have no idea :-D Anyone has an idea for this rank? Maybe "Author of the month". Not very creative :lol:
Let me take care of the reward. For one, we'll feature the tease on the front page. And while there won't be a rank in the forum, I'm thinking about something similar.
dark wrote:What should be the maximum teases for the poll? 5 or 10?
Considering that we want to have as many votes for every tease as possible I'd definitely say five. And only take the best one from any one author, so no author has two teases nominated. :-P
dark wrote:I will take the best rated teases until 31th August. But i dont know how i can direct attention about the number of rates. I think thats impossible, because the release-date is different.
Well, I'll leave that up to you. :whistle: ;-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

How about this as a logo? :-)

And this is how it would show up in the forum:

LuckyWinner
Explorer
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

Very, very nice :-)
surfcreanative
Explorer
Explorer

Post by surfcreanative »

Here Here.

Is the plan for it to be a permanent part of the winners logo, or just for the month?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

surfcreanative wrote:Here Here.

Is the plan for it to be a permanent part of the winners logo, or just for the month?
Permanent. I'm also currently trying to figure out a way so you can see what tease(s) a person won the award for. :-)