Toxic Treat Question: Are Women Superior?

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
SophiaStafford
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Toxic Treat Question: Are Women Superior?

Post by SophiaStafford »

1. Main point: Are women inherently superior, usually superior, or generally equal to males?
Why or why not?

On a side note-- I am free!!!! The last exam is finished, and all that remains is to begin celebration. Anyone wishing to make me smile today through mildly embarrassing obedience, do drop me an email.
Toxic Treat -- what you crave is toxic.
z_k
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Toxic Treat Question: Are Women Superior?

Post by z_k »

I'd say that sex does not make one person more or less valuable than another, so that would imply "generally equal."

It would depend a lot on your sorting algorithm, though, because if you defined "superiority" by "social power," here in the states I think you'd have a lot of difficulty even making the case for "generally equal," due to continuing sexism in power structures. But that's another wank for another time.
dubble
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by dubble »

SophiaStafford wrote:1. Main point: Are women inherently superior, usually superior, or generally equal to males?
Why or why not?

On a side note-- I am free!!!! The last exam is finished, and all that remains is to begin celebration. Anyone wishing to make me smile today through mildly embarrassing obedience, do drop me an email.
A most difficult question that I believe cannot be answered. Both males and females each have their stronger and weaker points, each superior in their own way. Men seem more controlled and swayed by sex, but I think it boils down to the individual.

I, for one, happen to place women on pedestals, trying to keep chivalry in mind... being strong with them, for them, offering protection and comfort, but giving in to that one, giving her the control and say-so if she desires. I'm not sure if that makes either sex superior. I can be 'convinced' to do things easier for a woman, especially the intelligent, strong minded types. I like to think we're pretty equal when all things are averaged out.
Current SitRep: Chilling. Life is good.

Varium et mutabile semper femina
glasgowguy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by glasgowguy »

Maybe a somewhat ironic and controversial answer from a guy that loves submitting to women, but I think in nearly every comparable category men are the superior gender.

Worms in a can, opened.
Och aye the noo!
georgecuck
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by georgecuck »

This is a bit of a complicated question...

But in the meantime, heartfelt congrats on finishing your exams! I hope you have done great
green
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Post by green »

If you total everything up, you'll figure out that everything that is, and that was, or will be is equal, lost in endless desire to find a way to express its peculiar logics, to reveal random fixed points, to overact a certain feeling of nothingness. We, as humans strive to explain things, we can't explain, the longer we look at those spots, the less we will know at the end of each day.

Men have always been great artists, leader, scientists, in the past. Infact, the richest living people on earth are probably the most succesfull persons as well, most of them are males (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bi ... res_(2009)).

Women give birth, create life. Most people will feel a strong connection to their mother throughout their live. In the past women's rights were highly restricted by men, who used their physically strength and determination to gain great power over women. They took the unfair advantage of their abilities. Slowly the world seems to understand, that women are unique beings and besides their physical differences don't set apart too much from men.

I think that woman and men need to support each other and share their qualities with each other.

There can't ever be a superiority for any of the genders. So to speak it's even the same in the animal world, as in the central equilibrium of the whole universe.

-green-
Last edited by green on Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can own the earth and still - All you'll own is earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind
txraider19
Explorer
Explorer

Post by txraider19 »

I'll answer this....personally, I think they're equal. Men seem to do the obvious things (athletics, management mainly is made of men although this is changing, etc.) while women are like the glue and do the small unoticed things. The unsung hero analogy applies to women.

The world could not function without both and as much as we like to put women ahead on a site like this, the reality is we're equal in the entire big picture of the world because we need both sexes to keep the generations going of course and each gender is provided to do things better than the other. When you put all those things together, it's equal
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

Simple answer? No. They are not superior.
Women are better at some things than men. Men are better at some things than women. Neither is "inherently" better than the other, just different.
johnwhite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by johnwhite »

Men have always been superior to women. In the life of this planet, it has been just recently that society has given women the 'ability' to be equal. The 'majority' of women have the ability to be equal but human nature gears them towards being submissive.
MistressD
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by MistressD »

SophiaStafford wrote:1. Main point: Are women inherently superior, usually superior, or generally equal to males?
Why or why not?
You know, I think the answer is that women are inherently superior to men but in general do not behave as if they are superior. If a woman chooses to, she can fairly easily control relationships, influence a man's behavior, etc. From my experience that is an ability that's far less common in men (although not unheard of).

However, the vast majority of women are either unaware of that ability or unwilling to use it. And that's fine, it's a choice. And whether it's driven by societal values, a desire to be more submissive or a goal to be in a traditional family setting, it doesn't really matter to me as long as a person is happy in their life.

But I have little question that if I spent an hour or two in an honest conversation with any man, I could find any number of ways to get him to do my bidding. And yes, that goes for all of you tough Dom males out there too! (Well, maybe not as easily with the gay guys - that takes away sexuality as a tool).

So I would say, inherently superior, but it's an ability that is latent in most women.
SophiaStafford wrote:
On a side note-- I am free!!!! The last exam is finished, and all that remains is to begin celebration.
Congratulations Sophia - I always loved the feeling I'd get when I walked out of my last exam each semester!
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

MistressD wrote: And yes, that goes for all of you tough Dom males out there too!
Oh look!
A challenge!
:whistle:

:-P
MistressD
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by MistressD »

Incubo wrote:
MistressD wrote: And yes, that goes for all of you tough Dom males out there too!
Oh look!
A challenge!
:whistle:

:-P
I know plenty about you already Incubo - you'd never stand a chance! But don't worry, you'd love it if I made you into my subby boy...
Baldrick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Baldrick »

*takes off submissive hat*

Actually, I don't believe either gender is 'superior' to the other. Although I would question what you mean by superior. Certainly both have strengths and weaknesses - women are better drivers, despite the stereotype! Men are better at football. Statistically.

But an all-round 'superiority' - no, not really. I suppose this is an ideal rather than a properly tested belief - I loathe sexism or similar prejudice and I refuse to accept any group is superior by birth.

I see the points made here about women's stronger ability to manipualte men, but I don't see that as superiority. It's one advantage. I was about to give an example of something males are 'stronger' at too, but then I would just be writing a list and the winner would be the gender with most points. And that would be ridiculous.

Some women are superior to us all. I know a few who are superior to anyone else I know. Personally I get on better with women, generally, so that explains why I know only a couple of men I can say that about. But there are plenty of historical examples of excellent men, and indeed excellent women.

I'm babbling now. My point was, I agree with Incubo. Very, very curious to hear Sophia's opinion too.

To those who said men were superior - I must ask why? I'm interested.
MistressD wrote: But I have little question that if I spent an hour or two in an honest conversation with any man, I could find any number of ways to get him to do my bidding.
*reaches for hat stand*
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

Indigo wrote: And in high-stress situations, women tend to be a better shot with a firearm. Men tend to get that jolt of adrenaline, women actually get calmer, and tremble less. (Yes, that's been proven by the USMC some years ago ... thanks Gunny!)

Indy
Now that's interesting...mostly because we found it to be the opposite. On the range, in a relatively relaxed environment, women were generally more accurate than us, but in the field under stress, less so and more apt to panic. That huge shot of adrenaline does wonders for focus and concentration when you're in danger.

I'd bet that both observations are indiciative of *that* particular woman and not necessarily women as a whole. Just like men, we found that some can handle the stress, some can't. However, even if *all* women couldn't hack it, I still wouldn't say they are inferior or superior to men. Just different.

My own personal belief, and there's really no way to quantify this, but I think women are emotionally stronger than men and war/combat kind of illustrates the point. Is it harder to go to war or to sit idly by and watch your husband/son/nephew/whatever go to war knowing they may not come back? Give me the bullets and blood any day. Sitting around worrying about a loved one is far worse in my opinion.

However, as mentioned, men have their particular strengths as well...So still couldn't say women are inherently superior unless we narrow the topic to a more specific category, which of course, would negate the overall point.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

For the last two posts, here's something interesting my friend posted a few days ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8380429.stm
Evals