pmv.wiki is back!🤓 Apologies for the extended downtime!🫣

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

The Carnal Scholar
Explorer
Explorer

pmv.wiki is back!🤓 Apologies for the extended downtime!🫣

Post by The Carnal Scholar »

Hi all 👋

I want to apologize for letting pmv.wiki remain offline since this past October. I finally found the time and energy to bring it back online and update to the latest version of mediawiki. I also took the time to properly code all the infrastructure so that I can more easily and reliably both test and update to new mediawiki versions but also recover in the case of another server loss. At least I had backups last time, so there was no data loss.

I also specifically want to apologize to 3xTripleXXX, Frantzo, S3l3ct3d, Seducingbits, Strothy, and Zebbg69, all of whom have contributed edits to pmv.wiki. It's not cool to ask you to contribute to a project and then fail at properly maintain it. As I said above, I've taken some steps to make prolonged downtime much less likely in the future.
I LOVE PMVs SO MUCH!
I LOVE PMVs SO MUCH!
pmv.png (153.52 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Finally, this is a good chance to share some thoughts about the potential usefulness of pmv.wiki going forward.

While pmv.wiki was down, I was trying to convince myself that it's not worth the effort to bring it back online. Shortly after pmv.wiki was launched, pmvstash.org was also launched and has been substantially more popular with thousands of users and hundreds of contributors. PMV Stash is just better for capturing a list of PMV artists and their edits, also including metadata from the videos. pmv.wiki similarly has some information for PMV artists and Cock Hero artists but it will almost certainly never catch up.

But on the other hand, pmv.wiki is perfect for compiling information on historical events. Some more well known like the World PMV Games 2022 and some obscure like Pumpfest. Or have you ever wondered who made the very first beat meter? Even when it comes to individual artists and individual edits, there is often more information than can fit in pmvstash. For example, are there different versions of an edit? Are there funscripts or e-stims? Who made them? Or did you know that vice.com had published a story about Cock Hero or that NoodleDude was interviewed on a podcast about PMVs? This is all information that belongs in a wiki!

In conclusion, pmv.wiki is back! Please accept my apologies for letting it disappear for a while.
Just like before, if you'd like to contribute to pmv.wiki you can message me here on Milovana or e-mail me at hi AT pmv.wiki for an account.
Fashion Technique
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: pmv.wiki is back!🤓 Apologies for the extended downtime!🫣

Post by Fashion Technique »

Useful thing! :clover:
Creator of CH INTERMARIUM viewtopic.php?t=25680 (feedback highly appreciated)