[FEEDBACK/PLAYTEST] Succubus Summoning Ritual

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

eatsl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

[FEEDBACK/PLAYTEST] Succubus Summoning Ritual

Post by eatsl »

Spoiler: show
Dears,

Although I recently announced a webtease, I have this project on the side and wanted to ask you to test it and give me feedback.

It's voice-narrated, so I'm sure you'll pick up on the theme quickly.

As far as the sound quality and mastering is concerned, I need your feedback to know if the mixing fits all devices.

https://mega.nz/file/Qsx2DTxR#dx8jXg87D ... VFZBAQXnI

https://mega.nz/file/5hpVBRaA#nESEGIH3s ... Nkc7eO_jTk

Of course, you can also give me general feedback or recommendations on materials or topics for the sessions, but I plan to strictly adhere to the respective leitmotif as usual

br

2/24/24 https://mega.nz/file/JlhXyAZb#sMDkivt4j ... D5xocrq1PY
4/10/24 https://mega.nz/file/ltgyVb5Y#6Rg8-IbMg ... FsAed2j5FI
Last edited by eatsl on Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
I am a: Switch

Re: [FEEDBACK/PLAYTEST] Succubus Summoning Ritual

Post by Roblsforbobls »

I liked it! More oral fixation clips please!

As far as sound mixing goes, I thought at times the music was a little too loud to hear what was being said. I also kind of wished some of the video clips' sound could be heard as well, especially that asmr one
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Kelvinator »

I think you're on to something .... It's nice to see new faces, shot compositions, video effects, etc. The narration seems a bit fast paced. I'd say this project is a keeper. Look forward to more progress reports. Thanks, K
kong
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by kong »

Nice!
How did you generate the voice?
Jassinov
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Jassinov »

I enjoyed it a lot! More installments would be highly appreciated :D
phx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by phx »

eatsl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:40 pm As far as the sound quality and mastering is concerned, I need your feedback to know if the mixing fits all devices.
Generally, you want to spend a lot of your time on sound design. Perhaps more than the visuals. This is quite true when you are working with voice or voice-over. It's not uncommon I spend like 50-65% of all the work on sound, because sound drives the edit. It's also why I tend to keep sound on clips if possible, because it can help edit decisions, even if you are going to delete it later.

Here's what I tend to do:

First, I set all voice to peak at -10dB. This means you have headroom to amplify it further later on in mixing if you need it to punch through. If you set it at a high value, say -3dB, you get into trouble because you don't have any headroom to amplify it later without you clipping through 0dB. Since we want the voice to be heard, it has to sit higher than the music, so I dial that to -15dB for a start.

Dynamics are important. Apply compression to voice and music. This forces the dynamic range into a window so you can control it. Your soundtrack might already be compressed, but the voices doesn't sound like they are. This makes it hard to mix them because there's going to be passages where the voice is too quiet and others where it's too loud. with compression, the too quiet sections can be brought up, and this makes it far easier to mix.

You can use EQ to "carve out" a bit of frequency range from the music where your voices are sitting. That allows the voice to punch through and you can then mix the music more loud as a result.

You can also consider audio ducking as well through side-chain compression. When the voice speaks, it can compress the music through the side chain by a few dB. When the voice stops speaking, the music is gradually brought back up in loudness.

Voice pacing is important as well. People need time to process what is going on, and if you run a fast pace, it might be hard to pick up what is going on. Going too slow will bore people out. Voice is spoken in rhythm, and maintaining that rhythm in your edit is important.
eatsl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eatsl »

phx wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 pm
eatsl wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:40 pm As far as the sound quality and mastering is concerned, I need your feedback to know if the mixing fits all devices.
Generally, you want to spend a lot of your time on sound design. Perhaps more than the visuals. This is quite true when you are working with voice or voice-over. It's not uncommon I spend like 50-65% of all the work on sound, because sound drives the edit. It's also why I tend to keep sound on clips if possible, because it can help edit decisions, even if you are going to delete it later.

Here's what I tend to do:

First, I set all voice to peak at -10dB. This means you have headroom to amplify it further later on in mixing if you need it to punch through. If you set it at a high value, say -3dB, you get into trouble because you don't have any headroom to amplify it later without you clipping through 0dB. Since we want the voice to be heard, it has to sit higher than the music, so I dial that to -15dB for a start.

Dynamics are important. Apply compression to voice and music. This forces the dynamic range into a window so you can control it. Your soundtrack might already be compressed, but the voices doesn't sound like they are. This makes it hard to mix them because there's going to be passages where the voice is too quiet and others where it's too loud. with compression, the too quiet sections can be brought up, and this makes it far easier to mix.

You can use EQ to "carve out" a bit of frequency range from the music where your voices are sitting. That allows the voice to punch through and you can then mix the music more loud as a result.

You can also consider audio ducking as well through side-chain compression. When the voice speaks, it can compress the music through the side chain by a few dB. When the voice stops speaking, the music is gradually brought back up in loudness.

Voice pacing is important as well. People need time to process what is going on, and if you run a fast pace, it might be hard to pick up what is going on. Going too slow will bore people out. Voice is spoken in rhythm, and maintaining that rhythm in your edit is important.
thats exactly the feedback I had hoped for :love:

thx
phx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by phx »

eatsl wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:20 am thats exactly the feedback I had hoped for :love:
Here's a bit more feedback on the opening sequence:
E A T S L. presents: Succubus summoning ritual.
Session theme. Cuteness.

I want to focus on a relatively vague topic. Cuteness.
The VO narrates the opening credits and the title. You could opt to remove the VO and have the visuals stand on its own. Another option is to move the title down to where "The Ritual" is introduced a few seconds later. The session-theme part is redundant with the next sentence being narrated.

Why is cuteness a relatively vague topic? This is a nice setup, which provides some mystery for the viewer. But the mystery isn't resolved.
I have made a compilation of the sweetest temptations, and you will worship them.(...) Since all these girls, as we all know, are in fact succubi that feed on your lust, the best way to worship them is to edge yourself for them.(...) Because the only way for a little dickstroker like you to summon a succubus is through the ritual you are about to perform under my guidance.

(...)

You will stimulate the frenulum and tip of your cock for us until you are a sensitive, pre-come-leaking mess.

(...)

And I will tell you how.
In this section, you play all your storytelling cards in about 5 seconds. Once all the cards are on the table, face up, you explain that this is the ritual. This makes the ritual sort-of redundant because you already revealed all the details. You can opt to turn this on its head. The words will need adaptation, but the core idea is:

You are about to perform a ritual - (At this point, the viewer doesn't know what the ritual is about, so they are intrigued. Then you reveal the next piece of information.)

It will happen under my guidance - Ah, so I get to play along! How nice!

Cute girls must be worshipped - Yes, we know that.

All cute girls are succubi - WHAT? NO WAY! (Implying succubi must be worshipped, which is doom)

Succubi feed on lust - Oh!

Dickstrokers can only generate lust by edging in the way they are told - (In other words, you need the guidance, or this will fail)

I have made a compilation of the cutest temptations, and you will lust for them. - (Callback to the opening "Cuteness" theme, sealing the fate of the listener)

You will stimulate the frenulum and tip of your cock for us until you are a sensitive, pre-come-leaking mess.
- (Setup for the video, more sealing the fate)

The core idea is that you setup a mystery, then reveal that mystery one card at a time. It often makes for better storytelling because it keeps the engagement high. You have to continue to get the next page in the story.

Another idea is that you'd like to create some tension or conflict. What happens if you fail the ritual? Is the ritualist a cute girl? What happens if you cum prematurely?
BurritoZz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BurritoZz »

I thoroughly enjoyed this first session.
Unfortunately I've never produced or mixed anything like this myself, so I cannot give you many tips on things to improve.

As some of the last posters have mentioned, I found the voices are a bit hard to understand.
Also personally, I am not really into the small penis humiliation.

Other than the above two complaints, one of which is merely personal preference, I have only good things to say.
The theme you have going on here is very exciting. I love the idea of my lust summoning a succubus and the way you incorporate that idea into this video is impeccable.

Your video editing is also spot-on. I love the way you quickly cut between different scenes, but keep on showing parts of the same collection of scenes over and over. This theme of cuteness also greatly appeals to me.

I am very much looking forward to whatever comes in the future.
eatsl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eatsl »

https://mega.nz/file/5hpVBRaA#nESEGIH3s ... Nkc7eO_jTk

This is what i got after regarding all the feedback i got (~ 20 min).

I will polish it a bit longer and release it as a mini-series sometime in spring.

Sadly, i did not stick with the cuteness theme for now as i wasnt feeling it the last few days.
InfamousPlantain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by InfamousPlantain »

umm.. nooooo.. :\'-(

I didn't think u'd switch out the entire video too! I guess you went with a different theme or maybe you're experimenting with a different chapter, but the interactivity, the immersion is gone. The first one had a convincing quality that there is an entity seducing you and feeding you images, graphics, and visual captions that enhanced the effect of the dialog. That it's showing you what it thinks you want to see to get you to that lustful zone that you'd do anything to bring what you're seeing to life. Hints that they'd be worshipping "you" or teasing "you" or feeding ON "you." The point is that "you" get involved in the ritual.
This one, fashion shows and detached fashion models .. seems like one long ... well, pmv. I had to doublecheck if I got the right video even. Audio is good, but the visuals didn't work for me this time and the magic was lost.
ps. my feedback is in no way meant to be ungrateful for the time you're spending on this. either way, I thank you for creating!
eatsl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eatsl »

InfamousPlantain wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:39 pm umm.. nooooo.. :\'-(

I didn't think u'd switch out the entire video too! I guess you went with a different theme or maybe you're experimenting with a different chapter, but the interactivity, the immersion is gone. The first one had a convincing quality that there is an entity seducing you and feeding you images, graphics, and visual captions that enhanced the effect of the dialog. That it's showing you what it thinks you want to see to get you to that lustful zone that you'd do anything to bring what you're seeing to life. Hints that they'd be worshipping "you" or teasing "you" or feeding ON "you." The point is that "you" get involved in the ritual.
This one, fashion shows and detached fashion models .. seems like one long ... well, pmv. I had to doublecheck if I got the right video even. Audio is good, but the visuals didn't work for me this time and the magic was lost.
ps. my feedback is in no way meant to be ungrateful for the time you're spending on this. either way, I thank you for creating!
chill, its just my draft for round two or something like that, because i want to create something out of those fashionshows (my production style is always very fluctuating and unfixed).

ill note that a more psychotic film cut is preferable
InfamousPlantain
Explorer
Explorer

eatsl wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:40 pm

chill, its just my draft for round two or something like that, because i want to create something out of those fashionshows (my production style is always very fluctuating and unfixed).

ill note that a more psychotic film cut is preferable
:-D thanks!
eatsl
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eatsl »

InfamousPlantain
Explorer
Explorer

This iteration was good! It's pretty cool to see a project come together.
I really did like what you did with the AI storyline wrapping around the ritual storyline. Very cool.

originally I was a bit annoyed at the changing quality of the videos, but then I don't know if it was intentional, but you explained it away (in my mind at least) that the AI was scouring my "collection" and presenting these to me. So yes, I do recall I have old musty favs that I can't let go of and this was a well added piece of dialog.

the audio of the AI "guide" was still a bit muddled with the music in a few rare spots, so occasionally, I needed more focus than I felt needed to follow along.
thanks for continuing to share!