[RELEASE] Blackmail - Will you fall for my tricks?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
sp24m
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: [RELEASE] Blackmail - Will you fall for my tricks?

Post by sp24m »

Same here. Checking regularly!
deity
Explorer
Explorer

Post by deity »

i think this is not going to happen anymore guys and girls

unless this is all part of the tease, the edging period.
Jens-Juergen
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Jens-Juergen »

You have no idea how long it takes to create what she did, right?
Good things come to those who wait.

A little hint: You can see in the profile when she was online the last time. She is still visiting the forum.
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by cristovaop »

Jens-Juergen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:58 am A little hint: You can see in the profile when she was online the last time. She is still visiting the forum.
At the time of this post, her last on-line activity was April 19th, almost a month ago.
Jens-Juergen wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:58 am You have no idea how long it takes to create what she did, right?
Good things come to those who wait.
Creating hype is a well know marketing strategy, the idea of using FOMO is really nice, but after a while the hype cools off and hope vanishes. I want her to come back with a fully powered tease that will blow my mind, but even I am starting to lose hope she'll come back (we don't know what/how/when/if she discussed her "work" with the moderators and what she can publish/advertise here without involving Milovana as accomplices if something goes wrong)
HighFreeman
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by HighFreeman »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:28 am After reviewing the tease, I've decided to remove it from the site.

It is very rare for me to intervene and remove a tease - after all, the site is about sharing teases freely and too much moderation can have a chilling effect on creativity and free expression. However, in some cases, we intervene if we believe it is necessary for legal reasons, the safety of our community, or other important concerns.

Regarding This Tease

This was a very interesting case and I am impressed by the ingenuity of the author. @mistressamber: Thank you for creating this innovative tease and I truly hope that having it removed doesn't discourage you from participating in our community in the future. :love:

The reasons I decided to remove the tease are:
  • Because the technique used (encoding information in an external link) bypasses the security protections afforded by the Eos sandbox. In other words, the user isn't trusting the tease author with their information, they are trusting Eos and we have to do what we can to live up to that trust. We will tighten security to make this type of exploit more difficult to do in the future. (More details in the "Planned Eos Changes" section of this post.)
  • Because the tease attempts to collect personal information of a non-consenting third party (name & email address of someone other than the user).
  • Because the tease cannot be completed without revealing personal information. Since BM is edge-play, we don't want to pressure users into it. They should be able to (pre-)view the whole tease without engaging in risky practices if they so choose. Simply entering fake information does not meet this criterion because the user still has to contact an external server, revealing their IP address, user agent, etc.
  • Because the tease cannot be completed without payment to the author (as part of the BM.) We allow authors to publish teases that contain some bonus content for subscribers/supporters but the main path through the tease must be able to be completed and enjoyed without payment.
I want to highlight and appreciate that there were many positive factors such as the transparent nature of the tease, the cooperative behavior of the author, the creative value of the tease, and the appreciation expressed by many users. However, the aforementioned reasons for removal are all things that we want to enforce strictly and therefore override such mitigating factors.

You are welcome to republish this tease in such a way that addresses all above concerns. Some possibilities include:
  • The link for the jigsaw puzzle goes to a regular, trusted puzzle site and you simply tell the user that they would have fallen for your trick, or
  • Instead of an actual malicious link there is a description of what the tease used to be and how it worked, or
  • You remove the request for third party personal information, provide a path to completing the tease without submitting information and without paying, and - for those who choose to do so - provide an external, clearly marked way of submitting the information such as sending it in an email, or
  • Some combination of these.
Of course, I also totally understand if you would rather not republish the tease in such a modified form.

General Thoughts on BM Content

Separate from this specific tease, I wanted to share some more general thoughts which our moderators will use to make decisions about future cases of BM content:
  • BM is - by definition - consensual non-consent. I.e. the submissive consents to a non-consensual situation arising in the future. In order to practice this safely and ethically, some very strict guidelines need to be followed.
    • The scope of non-consent is limited and pre-agreed. For example: I agree to give you this picture and you will use it to force me to eat my cum. You don't use the picture for any other purpose and you don't keep the picture beyond the pre-agreed duration.
    • There is an escape hatch. This is a safeword or some equivalent. BM is no different from impact play or any other BDSM practice where a situation may arise that is unexpectedly more intense, dangerous, etc. than what the sub signed up for and in such a situation there must be a way for the sub to be able to actively withdraw consent.
    • All participants consent. When you ask for (as dom) or provide (as sub) information about third parties, this is involving people who did not consent and is therefore unethical. The same goes for sending NSFW content to someone who didn't consent to receiving it or publishing it somewhere that isn't suited for such content.
    • There must be trust. As a sub, you cannot consent to be BM'ed by a dom you don't trust, because you cannot be confident that they will adhere to the rules of the game. Therefore, it is the responsibility of both sub and dom not to engage in this kink if there is no foundation of trust. (I would personally argue that you should never trust any internet stranger you've never met. However, I also understand that trust is a sacred, personal choice and therefore I refuse to impose my judgment on who you should or shouldn't trust on you.)
    • Fantasy may be extreme, reality must be moderate. You must never play with real BM information that would do significant harm to either participant or third parties. If you want to engage in this fetish despite all warnings, at least stick to information that is embarrassing or inconvenient to yourself only.
  • This leads me to the following rules for BM teases on Milovana.
    • BM as a fantasy - allowed
    • BM in teases requesting information sent explicitly outside of Milovana (email, mail timer, ...) - allowed with significant caveats
      • The BM parts must be optional. I.e. there must be a way to complete the tease as a fantasy without submitting information for real.
      • We always reserve the right to remove any tease at our discretion and BM teases as a form of edge play are especially at risk of deletion. Authors should be aware of that.
      • Factors that may cause us to remove a tease (especially in combination with BM) are: findom, any kind of deception, negative experiences reported by users, negative reputation of the author, impact on non-consenting third parties, lack of defined scope, type of information collected, etc.
      • Regarding findom - as a free, non-commercial community, we are somewhat apprehensive about findom having too large of an influence on the site. This is something we are continuously monitoring. We understand that some authors are professionals and we are generally ok with them using the site as a promotional channel so long as the content they post is enjoyable by itself. We do not allow teases which are impossible to complete at all without payment and that of course includes BM teases. To comply with this rule the tease must be able to be completed without submitting BM info and without paying. To maximize the odds of a BM tease involving findom being accepted, you could charge only those users who choose to engage in interactive BM. You should charge them before they submit information. I.e. the user is paying for your time and the BM task is about something other than money.
      • We could have banned all BM content. However, the mission of this site is to encourage and educate about safe exploration of human sexuality and we believe that your personal expression of your sexuality is a sacred human right insofar as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. Therefore, we would rather do what we can to steer people towards safer forms of BM content rather than ban it altogether and end up with BM content disguised as other content or just driving it towards other venues that are even less equipped to encourage safe practices.
      • It's impossible to foresee every possible situation which is why our policy is somewhat flexible.
      • We may adjust our policy in the future based on future cases and community discussion and feedback.
    • BM inside of Milovana using exploits (data encoded in links, sandbox escapes, ...) - never allowed
    • BM inside of Milovana via the forums or chat - typically not allowed, however moderators have discretion; also we do not moderate what you do in private messages unless we receive a complaint
    • Publishing the actual BM material (names, photos, etc.) on Milovana - never allowed
  • Users should be aware that Milovana has very limited resources to police this kind of thing and no matter how good we make our security, an exploit is always possible, so all BM/humiliation content is always at your own risk and we very strongly advise against ever entering real information anywhere, including in Eos.
  • Anytime you copy something from Eos and paste it anywhere outside of Eos, you are explicitly giving up the security guarantees that Eos provides. We will make this more explicitly clear to users.
  • Anytime you follow an external link, you are giving up the security guarantees that Eos provides.
  • We cannot predict the future. If we get multiple, credible reports that a given author is misusing information submitted to them, we will delete their teases. However, that isn't going to stop a malicious actor from appearing to play by the rules while patiently collecting information over a long period of time and then misusing all of it later.
In addition to the above, all content must of course be compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.

Planned Eos Changes
  • Improved handling of Unicode content, taking into account recommendations from the UTS 36 / UTS 39 reports. Invisible characters should only be allowed in contexts where they are necessary. All messages should be single-script. Existing content should be reviewed to ensure these changes have minimal impact on existing, legitimate content.
  • Any use of the clipboard (copy/paste) will trigger a warning. (Something like: "Any link or text copied from Eos may contain information that you have entered during the course of this tease or previous sessions with this tease. This information may be cleverly hidden and a pretext for copying may be used to mislead you. By continuing, you understand that you are trusting the tease author with your data and that Milovana cannot protect your data once it leaves our site. Are you sure you want to copy from this tease?")
  • We may start to allow clickable links, but clicking them will trigger a warning. (Something like: "You are about to leave Milovana and any information that you entered into this tease could be sent to [website] or other third parties, are you sure you want to continue?")
  • We will think about ways that we can bring certain popular types of content in-house such as videos, puzzles, etc. to reduce the need for external links in the first place. Reducing the demand for unsafe practices is an important aspect of secure design.
  • We will consider creating additional safety information around subjects like BM that can be attached to teases by the author or a moderator.
As always, I appreciate everyone's thoughtful comments and I hope you can understand my decision. Thank you for being a part of the Milovana community and for your trust in myself and our moderation team.
Honestly really impressed and agree completely. You wrote this better than I could have written it. The situation was interesting. It made me think more about consent.