Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by Electro »

edger477 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 am Ok this is great, so when creating the funscripts for restim, the electrode configuration is not predetermined anymore, you find a piece of video where stroking was implemented as synced on screen and calibrate so that is fine, and you are good to go :)
Yup :) This is why I was happy the new compiled version of Restim integrated these features, now we can calibrate and set the position and direction to make it work great for our individual setup versus the exported mp3 method.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I don't know if this is a thing that Restim can do or if it's already something configured as a feature in MultiFunPlayer, but is there a way where based on the number of movements that the volume can go up. In MultiFunPlayer, is there a way where the more movements of an axis, it could slightly increase the volume axis and when things slow down it gradually decreases the volume? ..or should I really just create a volume funscript for this? I'm thinking of certain videos that have funscripts already where they move very slow and sometimes the very slow movements can feel more intense and sometimes when things move very fast, they are part of an edging or ending cum scene and often I'm popping into Restim and manually boosting the volume or lowering it. I'm not sure I would usually want to do this that often because usually starting at 70% and putting a .4% per minute boost ends up being more and more intense as time goes on as it is, but sometimes it seems like it would be helpful to make certain funscripts more of a challenge but incrementing/descreating volume based on the speed of actions.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

Electro wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:11 pm I don't know if this is a thing that Restim can do or if it's already something configured as a feature in MultiFunPlayer, but is there a way where based on the number of movements that the volume can go up. In MultiFunPlayer, is there a way where the more movements of an axis, it could slightly increase the volume axis and when things slow down it gradually decreases the volume? ..or should I really just create a volume funscript for this? I'm thinking of certain videos that have funscripts already where they move very slow and sometimes the very slow movements can feel more intense and sometimes when things move very fast, they are part of an edging or ending cum scene and often I'm popping into Restim and manually boosting the volume or lowering it. I'm not sure I would usually want to do this that often because usually starting at 70% and putting a .4% per minute boost ends up being more and more intense as time goes on as it is, but sometimes it seems like it would be helpful to make certain funscripts more of a challenge but incrementing/descreating volume based on the speed of actions.
proper way would be with volume funscript since you can manually determine the increase/decrease depending on what experience you want to make
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

@Electro: I thought about implementing something like that but never did. My idea was to create a customizable curve that adjusts the volume according to the recent script 'velocity'. This way users can experiment with higher or lower volume during the 'fast' sections. The problem I had was that script velocity is a concept that's difficult to define.

You can try generating some volume funscripts yourself. Either with code, or with OpenFunScripter. It's a simple concept but I think quite hard to do well.

In other news, there's a new release: v1.15 https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

Changelog:
  • Fix safety issue when using funscripts that set the pulse width to less than 3 cycles.
  • Fix MPC-HC not working when interface language is set to german.
  • Automatically enable vibration if there are vibration funscripts loaded.
  • Load funscripts from folders and zip files with the same name as the video.
Edit: this release broke VLC. Will make a new release later.
Last edited by diglet on Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

thebears73 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:32 pm Im struggling with getting v1.4 to work, in the synce media section i am adding "ADD FUNSCRIPT" and it just crashes. just trying to get all the scripts to load for Vi33 to play through.
Exact same issue im getting.
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kelvinator »

Ran Restim Ver 1.14 last night (selected MPC-HC as the video player) with Klinik Industries V1.33 and then with Tranquilizer. It was such a unique experience. I had varied and pleasurable stim sensations in places I've never felt before. I love Restim's new feature to sync media. All I have to do is start Restim and MPC-HC (selecting the media folder in MPC-HC), and start playing videos and stimming. Also test ran Ver 1.15 tonight and it works for me. Thanks Diglet. K
digitalparkinglot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by digitalparkinglot »

Hey Diglet,

I am loving all the new controls you are building into Restim. I am wondering if it would it be possible for you to implement funscript control over the 'Calibration' parameters and also the 'Adjust Limits' parameters? I know it sounds counter intuitive to mess with a control used to dial everything in to feel even, but I think it could be an interesting way to introduce a variety of sensations into the signal. I've been playing around with only varying the 'Top Rotation' angle and finding a lot of subtle variety in the sensations. I think funscript control over these parameters could introduce a whole new way to play and discover new estim sensations.

Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful tool and thank you for your tremendous generosity to this community. I know we all really appreciate it!!!.

-digitalparkinglot
Please enjoy my other creations:
Spoiler: show

CH-Blue Angel
CH-Little Caprice
CH-Dani Daniels
CH-Night & Day
CH-Breathe - Featuring Anjelica
CH-Breathe Harder - Featuring Anjelica
CH-Erotic Delirium
CH-Stacy Vs Sybil
CH-Jia Vs Michelle
CH-Mia Vs Dani
CH-Emily Vs Naomi
CH-Softcore Collaboration 3 (Produced & round #7)
Fapilicious-Blowjob Edition
Fapilicious-Featuring Aubrey Star
Fapilicious-Featuring Anjelica
Fapiliciuos-Featuring Tracy Lindsay
RLGL-Featuring Lily Ivy
RLGL-Featuring Clover
RLGL-Featuring Guerlain
RLGL-Featuring Sabrisse
RLGL-Featuring Kasey Chase
RLGL-Featuring Michaela Isizzu
RLGL-Featuring Lesbian Lovers
Ultimate Edging Challenge-Blowjob Edition
Ultimate Edging Challenge-Massage Edition
Wet Dream Induction-Featuring Tracy Lindsay
PMV Pussy Licking Good
E-Stim Fantasy
E-Stim with Michaela Isizzu
E-Stim with Guerlain
E-Stim with Kasey Chase
E-Stim with Lily Ivy
E-Stim with Liya Silver
Thedrop1987
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Thedrop1987 »

This app sounds amazing, keen to try it.

Quick non-technical/noob question- I use a coyote with xtoys
If I want to play an estim video in the MH media player, I can get Restim to point to the video output, but how do I get xtoys to point to Restim for the signal?

47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

diglet wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:11 pm Edit: this release broke VLC. Will make a new release later.
I think it might have broke funscript conversion as well. Issue submitted on github.

I got this when converting a script:
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "qt_ui\funscript_conversion_dialog.py", line 44, in convert
  File "funscript\funscript.py", line 45, in from_file
  File "funscript\funscript.py", line 20, in sha1_hash
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'open'
Converts fine with previous version and same funscript.

Other than that, I was able to get it all synced with MFP. I haven't tried the internal sync/player(s) yet. Keep up the great work. I appreciate it as I'm sure the rest of the estim community does as well.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:43 pm @darthjj

I will implement continuous reconnect for intiface central soon. Initially I did not implement it because intiface didn't like reconnects, but that appears to be fixed.

I'm a puzzled by the VLC error. The documentation states QUrl('some string') is equivalent with QUrl.fromEncoded(b'some bytearray'), so that substitution does not have any effect. I noticed you also removed url.toLocalFile(), this results in a crash on windows. I suspect you may have changed something else and that fixed the problem?

Can you send me the contents of http://127.0.0.1:8080/requests/playlist.xml? Is VLC using the english interface language?

I tested intiface and it just works. I can't reproduce it on my end and I have no idea where to look.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<node name="" ro="rw" id="0">
<node name="Playlist" ro="ro" id="1">
<leaf uri="file:///mnt/storage/Downloads/.unfinished/vid/Avery%20Sweet/Ms.%20A.%20Sweet%20In%20Perfect%20Scene-U1i4nt6Ftvp.mp4" id="3" ro="rw" current="current" name="Ms. A. Sweet In Perfect Scene-U1i4nt6Ftvp.mp4" duration="1904"/></node>
<node name="Media Library" ro="ro" id="2"></node></node>
VLC is in English, I'm guessing url.toLocalFile() is not needed either because I'm on Linux (maybe it does some forward-backward-slash conversion on Windows?) or because of the particular Qt version I'm using.

I suspect QUrl.fromEncoded() only does byte-encoding, but does not convert %20 to space characters.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

47dahc wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 pm
diglet wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:11 pm Edit: this release broke VLC. Will make a new release later.
I think it might have broke funscript conversion as well. Issue submitted on github.
Thanks, I fixed it. Will make a new release in a few days.
Thedrop1987 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:02 pm This app sounds amazing, keen to try it.

Quick non-technical/noob question- I use a coyote with xtoys
If I want to play an estim video in the MH media player, I can get Restim to point to the video output, but how do I get xtoys to point to Restim for the signal?

You can do that but it's quite annoying to set up. Use voicemeeter to create a virtual audio device, then setup restim to output to the voicemeeter virtual audio device and xtoys to listen to the virtual audio device. I tested this but it didn't work that well, the coyote can't change the signal fast enough to keep up with the funscripts because the device is only capable of changing the signal 10 times per second. I think the new coyote 3.0 will work better.

You might be better off with DG Labs GUI: https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/dg-lab ... 1-0/144399
digitalparkinglot wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:36 pm Hey Diglet,

I am loving all the new controls you are building into Restim. I am wondering if it would it be possible for you to implement funscript control over the 'Calibration' parameters and also the 'Adjust Limits' parameters? I know it sounds counter intuitive to mess with a control used to dial everything in to feel even, but I think it could be an interesting way to introduce a variety of sensations into the signal. I've been playing around with only varying the 'Top Rotation' angle and finding a lot of subtle variety in the sensations. I think funscript control over these parameters could introduce a whole new way to play and discover new estim sensations.

Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful tool and thank you for your tremendous generosity to this community. I know we all really appreciate it!!!.

-digitalparkinglot
I see your point, but these features are really intended to adjust the signal for your individual electrode config.

I think that you're really asking for a way to improve the funscript conversion. Maybe add some randomness in the top/bottom position of the stroke, have sections in the video where the stroking is more on the balls rather than the head. All that information can already be encoded into the alpha/beta funscripts. Rather than adding more funscripts to do things you can already do, I prefer to see the scene move in the direction of more sophisticated funscript generation.

The MistressAndControlBox video is a good example of how I think it should be done. That stim is made up of a limited number of patterns that are repeated and varied in code. The output is an mp3, but could just as well have been alpha+beta+volume. This approach is much more flexible than tacking on additional axis in Restim... and I don't have to program it.

darthjj wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 am
I tested this many times with file paths containing spaces. I think there may be something weird with your setup, but I have no idea what.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm digitalparkinglot wrote: ↑Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:36 pm
Hey Diglet,

-digitalparkinglot
I see your point, but these features are really intended to adjust the signal for your individual electrode config.

I think that you're really asking for a way to improve the funscript conversion. Maybe add some randomness in the top/bottom position of the stroke, have sections in the video where the stroking is more on the balls rather than the head. All that information can already be encoded into the alpha/beta funscripts. Rather than adding more funscripts to do things you can already do, I prefer to see the scene move in the direction of more sophisticated funscript generation.
Hey @digitalparkinglot! I'd recommend to take this plugin for OFS: https://discuss.eroscripts.com/t/my-too ... pter/61434

It can generate additional points in a slow funscript, that you can use to add wave function, but you can also add wave function that is slower than stroking, to make fun patterns like these I did for RoD EE:
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

New release v1.16: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

Release notes:
  • Store application logs in %appdata%
  • Add pulse rise time control
  • Add error checking and UI hints for broken funscripts
  • Fix VLC connection problem introduced in v1.15
  • Fix funscript loading on linux/OSX
This release was built with a newer python and windows versions, let me know if you experience any new issues running this on older operating systems.

I haven't taken the time to look into the VLC issues from @darthjj yet.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm I tested this many times with file paths containing spaces. I think there may be something weird with your setup, but I have no idea what.
You use Windows, right? Could be Qt behaving differently on Linux
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

darthjj wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 am
diglet wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:25 pm I tested this many times with file paths containing spaces. I think there may be something weird with your setup, but I have no idea what.
You use Windows, right? Could be Qt behaving differently on Linux
I can't see Qt behaving differently on different platforms for the code you showed me.

I was able to install ubuntu in a VM and found one issue, but it wasn't related to spaces. The problem was this line:

self.media_player.setMedia(QMediaContent(QUrl(the_file)))
Which interprets the file as a network path. QUrl.fromLocalFile should be used(). I just pushed a fix to master.

Afterwards I got a gstreamer error, and I had to do:

apt install ubuntu-restricted-extras
To fix it.

The only thing this code does it detect the media duration from the local file, because the VLC API only gives the duration with seconds resolution.