New estim tracks for CH videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: New estim tracks for CH videos

Post by diglet »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:15 am Hm.. sounds like an interesting prospect. I was thinking, why stop at 4 signals/electrodes? I figure you need 6 to be able to move the signal and therefore the feeling around in 3D space. One for each side of a ‘cube’. This would allow you to move the signal up/down, left/right, forward/backward, pitch, yaw, rotate/twist. Scripters are already writing multiaxis scripts in this format to load into MFP.

Niceguy.
Well -- generating the signals becomes exponentially more complex as the number of phases increases. I have a nice exact solution for three phase. I tried every method in my toolbox but wasn't able to find such a solution for four phases or more, so we'll have to settle for an approximate/iterative solution. Not sure yet if that can work in real-time.

I don't think anyone has a box with 5 output channels. I'm also not sure how you would hook up 6 electrodes to the same body part without them touching. That will probably require manufacturing some custom electrodes.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

Thanks for this, I’ll have a look. TBH the manual isn’t that intuitive to follow for non tech type people.

I’ll let you know how I get on.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

thebears73 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:46 am can i ask on the restim and then loading into Multifun player, how do i get the estim signal sound out to my 2b box? i have the video audio playing ok and can see the estim heat map but not sure how to get the estim signal to the box. Any help appreciated.

Cheers
TB
Restim was designed for boxes with direct audio pass-through, such as DIY boxes. it was not tested on the 2B. From what I can find online, the 2B performs some basic signal processing, the signal will probably not feel as intended, if it works at all.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

diglet wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:40 am
Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:15 am Hm.. sounds like an interesting prospect. I was thinking, why stop at 4 signals/electrodes? I figure you need 6 to be able to move the signal and therefore the feeling around in 3D space. One for each side of a ‘cube’. This would allow you to move the signal up/down, left/right, forward/backward, pitch, yaw, rotate/twist. Scripters are already writing multiaxis scripts in this format to load into MFP.

Niceguy.
Well -- generating the signals becomes exponentially more complex as the number of phases increases. I have a nice exact solution for three phase. I tried every method in my toolbox but wasn't able to find such a solution for four phases or more, so we'll have to settle for an approximate/iterative solution. Not sure yet if that can work in real-time.

I don't think anyone has a box with 5 output channels. I'm also not sure how you would hook up 6 electrodes to the same body part without them touching. That will probably require manufacturing some custom electrodes.

So I was thinking… a surround sound 5.1 box £8 from Amazon could work… it has 6 outputs… as for electrodes… I’m sure I could think of six places to put them… 😂 perhaps even bi polar.. I’m wondering what it would feel
Like to send the signal right to left through my tackle rather than up/down… or twist… around and around…even combined… in a spiral…!? Like the stroker simulator I posted… all of these movements become possible in and around and through a 3D object.. no?

Niceguy.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

I have a box with 4 channels... used them, and often use it as "dual triphase" with 2 sets of triphase that both come from same source (but each channel has its own volume).

I think having more electrodes does not necessarily means you get anything better, my conclusion is that interpretation of what you feel is in the brain, and if signal is well synced with the screen, there is no need to add more electrodes.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:34 am I haven't tested restim on linux, I'm pleased to hear it runs at all :-)

Maybe JoyFunplayer works on linux? You could also try intiface desktop serial output. I recommend intiface central over the newer intiface desktop because the former has a GUI for configuring the serial output, intiface desktop requires some fiddling with configuration files.

Not sure which video applications on linux are capable of sending command to intiface/buttplug. scriptplayer + VLC? I think faptap.net should also work, both with intiface and direct serial (OSR) output. If you use serial output, you should manually configure a virtual serial port (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/521 ... -for-linux). You can test the port by sending a few commands to restim: L010 or L099.

What do you mean with the calibrated control channel? I only notice a small difference between different carrier frequencies, changing the frequency has a large effect on volume, but a small effect on the type of sensation (I tested 500-1000hz on DIY box).
I tried Intiface Central but I couldn't figure out how to connect it to your software, and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be compatible so I didn't spend more time on it, but I'll give it another go. Joyfunplayer seems to be a Windows .exe though it might work with Wine. I like native version + open source so I hope I can get Intiface working.

Maybe it's not the right word, maybe "axis" is what it's called in MultiFunPlayer? I was thinking that modulating the carrier frequency could be an additional one. For me there's a noticeable difference, where lower frequencies feel rougher, but the perceived intensity also goes up so the amplitude might need to be reduced to even it out. Did some experiments a long time ago, and it seemed like perceived intensity was more frequency dependent on DIY stim boxes without parallel resistor, while those having a box with parallel resistors noticed less differences. Small sample size though
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

darthjj wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:34 pm Did some experiments a long time ago, and it seemed like perceived intensity was more frequency dependent on DIY stim boxes without parallel resistor, while those having a box with parallel resistors noticed less differences. Small sample size though
This is corect for sure, and I am currently working on research to map amplitude/frequency function that is perceived as same intensity. I want to create a tool for generating estim sounds that would use that function so user would not need to test each frequency and do a lot of manual adjustments. This does not change where you feel the sensation but it does change the type of sensation, and that is a true additional degree of freedom that funscript cannot convey. funscripts we have only convey the movement, it is one-dimensional (some have more than one dimension but it is still just movement and mostly all creators here use one dimensional).

What I see as additional dimensions, that are used by creators whose works I especially like (DPL, Rillo, LG) are:
- carrier frequency changes (with opposite amplitude adjustments to keep the sensation at same level)
- frequency modulations
- amplitude modulation (i.e. to produce "rough" or almost painful sections)

For sure there are more tools under their belts, but these are common that could be described in a human-readable format (similar to funscript), that would make reuse and editing of sections way more faster and easier.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

darthjj wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:34 pm I tried Intiface Central but I couldn't figure out how to connect it to your software, and I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be compatible so I didn't spend more time on it, but I'll give it another go. Joyfunplayer seems to be a Windows .exe though it might work with Wine. I like native version + open source so I hope I can get Intiface working.
It's not supposed to be compatible, but I think it should work with the serial redirect hack I described :-/

If you can't get it to work, let me know, then I'll hurry up with official intiface support.

Restim supports changing the carrier frequency, carrier amplitude modulation and volume over the API. Can also change all those settings in the UI.
jtcrave69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jtcrave69 »

diglet wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:52 am
Restim was designed for boxes with direct audio pass-through, such as DIY boxes. it was not tested on the 2B. From what I can find online, the 2B performs some basic signal processing, the signal will probably not feel as intended, if it works at all.
Thank you for creating this amazing software! I am using it with a 2B. I don't have a DIY box to compare against (yet) but it does reproduce a wonderful stroking sensation when calibrated properly on the 2B.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

jtcrave69 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:29 am Thank you for creating this amazing software! I am using it with a 2B. I don't have a DIY box to compare against (yet) but it does reproduce a wonderful stroking sensation when calibrated properly on the 2B.
Rather surprised to hear this, as I tried my 2B with V91's triphase files and also some other funscript converts to not too pleasant results.

What firmware in 2B you use, and what frequency did you select as carrier in restim?
jtcrave69
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jtcrave69 »

edger477 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:00 am Rather surprised to hear this, as I tried my 2B with V91's triphase files and also some other funscript converts to not too pleasant results.

What firmware in 2B you use, and what frequency did you select as carrier in restim?
I'm using firmware 2.106. I used diglet's suggestion for configuration and calibration: viewtopic.php?p=345342#p345342 The default 700 Hz carrier frequency works for me.

Some of my best sessions have been with V91's triphase files and videos. The 2B is all I have, so maybe I don't know better. I hope to build a DIY box this year.
Last edited by jtcrave69 on Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

jtcrave69 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:00 am
edger477 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:00 am Rather surprised to hear this, as I tried my 2B with V91's triphase files and also some other funscript converts to not too pleasant results.

I'm using firmware 2.106. I used diglet's suggestion for configuration and calibration: viewtopic.php?p=345342&hilit=modulation#p345342 The default 700 Hz carrier frequency works for me.

Some of my best sessions have been with V91's triphase files and videos. The 2B is all I have, so maybe I don't know better. I hope to build a DIY box this year.
Worked perfect my on the 2B also with a trail run on CH La Luna 3. Had it on 700Hz also, used the ramp function on volume which had it exciting towards the end. FW: 2.126 Beta and Advanced Stereo Mode, Map C
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

diglet wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:59 pm Release v1.4.0 contains a method to listen for serial input.
https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

To use this functionality, you must have a virtual com port. This can be done with com0com (download here) on windows. Configure com0com:

I think the "use Ports class" is important, this may require a system restart.

After you added the virtual com port, you can connect faptap to an OSR device at COM19 (doesn't work in firefox).
Hi Diglet,

I hope you are well. I tried Restim with Faptap this weekend... and whilst I got it to connect via the serial port...and I can see the green dot responding to the funscript playing in the browser... it disables the start audio button for some reason? It becomes enabled again after you disconnect from faptap. Is this a simple fix?

Niceguy.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:20 am
Hi Diglet,

I hope you are well. I tried Restim with Faptap this weekend... and whilst I got it to connect via the serial port...and I can see the green dot responding to the funscript playing in the browser... it disables the start audio button for some reason? It becomes enabled again after you disconnect from faptap. Is this a simple fix?

Niceguy.
That's strange. The serial shouldn't interact with the audio in that way. Do you see an error in the console when attempting to start the audio?

I noticed that sometimes when other programs are using the same audio device, restim can fail to start the audio stream. Usually restarting restim, closing the other program or choosing a different audio device fixes this. I can't think of any reason why the console would affect this, though... Maybe it's the browser claiming exclusive access to the audio device.

There is a new bug in faptap's website, the OSR connector sends the wrong commands when the stroke length is set to 100%. But that doesn't affect this issue.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Ah... yes I figured it out.. there's an audio clash... when you switch your audio output in windows... to adjust volume for example, it gets all screwy....

I have to switch audio output in windows to adjust volume for a designated output... if for example i want to turn the voulme up in restim... or if i want to turn the volume up on the video (playing in chrome)...

Is there a general volume control within restim? This would dispense with the need to switch=... using windows volume mixer...

Niceguy.