New estim tracks for CH videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: New estim tracks for CH videos

Post by Kelvinator »

Hi Diglet, I like the two features you recently added to restim: modulation frequency bias left - right, and lower volume during pauses.
The new icon is great, and symbolic in so many ways. ;-)
Regarding the modulation frequency biases, I just realized that I'd only been adjusting with the bias for the modulation 2 frequency. Duh! I'll have to experiment with the bias for modulation 1 & 2 for my next session. Even still, I could sense a slight ramp up or down in the signal attack or drop off, and I liked the new sensation.
Like Niceguy, I am looking forward to trying multi axis (3 or more) funscript files in restim. Can't wait! K
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

diglet wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:39 pm I released version 1.7: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

New feature: the volume can be lowered automatically if there are pauses in the script.

I spent the last week doing a lot of measurements with my new oscilloscope toy. The results will be published on the wiki when I'm done analyzing them.

can i ask whats the best way to download an update is it just the exe file or a zip file as well?

Having no sound output is super useful. thanks.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Just download the exe file, the zip is automatically generated by GitHub and is kind of useless.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

@diglet could've sworn I wrote a reply to you, but must've got distracted and closed the browser without pressing submit :/

Intiface central integration works well, and I can play videos from faptap.net, but there is indeed a lack of media players for Linux. I started writing one myself a long time ago, but I found both Qt and libvlc pretty tedious to work with (in C++). Perhaps I'll give it another go using Python, since pyqt seemed pretty convenient when I looked at restim's code.

Had an issue where restim got disconnected, and Intiface Central claimed it hadn't replied to PONG so it timed out. Don't know if it was a one-time only occurrence yet.

Used restim with common on tip (-6dB), left on shaft, and right below balls (-2dB). After calibrating the levels for the endpoints to be as similar as possible, I noticed that there was a "gap" when placing the point in the middle between common and right where I barely felt anything, while the signal felt quite strong on the mirrored side between common and left channel. Would it be possible to add individual adjustments for the mid sections too, without complicating everything?
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

Hey I noticed a gap too… but I thought it was just me… mine was in the centre and to the left.. but I use a reverse electrode setup to you… with right on shaft and left lower - either at base or around balls…

I was going to ask Diglet why there was no left adjustment… just neutral, centre and right… no left… left always feels lower in intensity for me… so to compensate… rather than increasing left (which doesn’t exist) I have to decrease everything else and increase overall volume… which feels counter-intuitive… makes sense I should reverse the electrodes…

Niceguy.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Instead of writing your own video player, it's a lot easier to write a program that communicates with an existing video player. Many players have API's, MultiFunPlayer works this way.

I should really explain this clearer in the documentation, but the left/right balance adjustment applies a correction in the horizontal axis, not in the direction of the right electrode. You can tell if look closely at the graphic when the parameters are adjusted. I found it works best to use the circle pattern on medium speed (around 4). With your electrode configuration the head sensation should be clearly identifiable, based on the timings between the head sensation and the rest I try to judge whether to adjust left or right. I think this is easier than trying to judge the relative strength.

I think in your case, the balance should be more to the right. I always write down my settings, the average for neutral is around -5.5, right -0.6. It's very possible your settings are very different due to differences in anatomy or box construction. I don't notice a gap on the right side.

In most cases the calibration parameters should offer enough freedom to pick three points on the circle perimeter that are evenly spaced and have the same intensity. With some electrode configurations only two points are possible (depends on relative skin sensitivity). The area between those points will have a lower intensity. I might experiment adding a single parameter to increase the intensity between the points. Instead of this (x axis in degrees):

I might do something like this:

That may work. Or maybe not. I try to avoid adding many parameters. Evidently the current amount of parameters is already sufficient to confuse everybody :blush:
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

This thread is quite literally a stimmer's wet dream. I haven't been able to hook up to my box yet but I've been fiddling around with every potentially E-Stim compatible stuff that came to mind(Ayva, Faptap, Vam, MFP) and managed to make every single one of them at least be recognized by Restim and Restim seems to be pushing the audio accordingly. I haven't seen the game Lustbound: JOI mentioned yet in this thread but I know they implemented intiface support recently but still had a hard time with OSR devices and they pretty much said they had no solution for E-Stim in sight(perhaps for legal reasons). I managed to make it work with both Intiface Central and Restim without any difficulty with the provided intiface "hack" in this thread.

My mind is frickin' blown already and I still haven't hooked up my box to it. I'll make sure to report back once I actually experiment with it :lol: .
Nonode
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Nonode »

Hi, after reading this topic, I think this should interest some people. I made a stimbox with a stereo input and 3 output channels (left, right and minus left minus right). There are 6 terminals (2 for each channel, red and black), I often connect the 3 blacks together, which I use for a large electrode or not depending on the case. I have separate volume controls for the 3 channels. This allows me to do rotation effects (the carrier frequency can vary, the rotation speed can vary, the direction of rotation can be reversed). You can see the base formula that I use to make my estim tracks.
Attachments
600.png
600.png (186.6 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kelvinator »

Hi Nonode, Sounds fascinating. Tell and show us more! K
Nonode
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Nonode »

Signals that I use for my box can be converted into classic "triphase" signals and vice versa.

What I use:

Code: Select all

A -- a-b -- B
 \         /
-2a-b    2b+a
   \    /
    -A-B
Triphase:

L -- l-r -- R
 \         /
 -l       r
    \    /

a-b = l-r
-2a-b = -l
 2b+a = r
We can deduce the conversion formulas:

l = 2a +b
r = a +2b

a = 2/3l -r/3
b = -l/3 +2/3r
If my calcs are correct:

A = sin(600x) + sin(601x)
B = sin(600x+2π/3) + sin(601x+4π/3)
is equivalent to ("triphase"):

L = sqrt(3) * ( sin(600x+7π/6) + sin(601x+5π/6) )
R = sqrt(3) * ( sin(600x+9π/6) + sin(601x+3π/6) )
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

Wrote a functional prototype for a synchronized media player (i.e. video + stim audio to begin with, and would add funscript+restim support afterwards) using pyside6, but discovered that the stim audio emitted a little bit of static when pausing, and would usually glitch around 3 seconds after playing. Other than that it was working very well, but it seems like a deal breaker to make potentially painful noises on the stim channel.. Couldn't even get rid of it by muting that audio device before pausing either which seemed strange.

Currently looking at rewriting the player using pygobject (Gtk 4) + gstreamer, but those severely lack examples to copy code from, and what I've found has been quite outdated..

Anyhow, I had an idea for restim.. IIRC 1d-to-2d conversion works best with funscripts that only specify the end points of a stroke, and the algorithm gets messed up if it splits the stroke into short segments. Would it be possible to look ahead in the funscript, and detects the endpoints in order to identify intermediate points? Then it could place the intermediate points on the circle arc between the end points, rather than make an arc between every point in the funscript.

E.g. if the file has "at" for the following values: 0, 40, 80, 60
Instead of making complete semicircles between 0-40, 40-80 and 80-60, then it could detect that 80 is an endpoint and interpolate the 2nd dimension for 40.

It would probably only work for offline-conversion in restim, but I was thinking about doing something like that in my video player (if I finish it) so I can send the data pre-explanded to 2d to restim
lolol2
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lolol2 »

Tried to use this software but not even sure if I understand correctly what this software is able to archive.

I use also head as common and it sounds very promising to move the power more to common.
Downloaded the software as .exe and startet it, works well.

Now I can convert normal funscripts and get a new alpha and beta file?
What do I need to do with that files?
When I put them into the fs6t08p online funscript converter I get a file which has 100% of the time a 100% volume, all pauses get skipped?
Does the settings I see in the 4 tabs have any impact of the funscript converter?
Played a bit around with those but couldn't see any changes in the final converted file.

Not sure if I understand fully what this software does... I only want to convert funscript files and not play anything remotly etc...

The wiki also give no info or I didn't find the correct page.
Help please :-D
My creations:
Spoiler: show

[Tutorial] Building your own DIY E-Stim Stereo Device

Videos:
06/2020 - Estim Sync Hero Vol. 01

Teases:
04/2020 - Estim Mansion under Quarantine
12/2019 - Estim Challenge
12/2018 - Estim Distraction
03/2018 - The Estim Tower - Endless Mode
01/2018 - The Estim Tower
05/2017 - The Estim Mansion
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

darthjj wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:09 am Anyhow, I had an idea for restim.. IIRC 1d-to-2d conversion works best with funscripts that only specify the end points of a stroke, and the algorithm gets messed up if it splits the stroke into short segments. Would it be possible to look ahead in the funscript, and detects the endpoints in order to identify intermediate points? Then it could place the intermediate points on the circle arc between the end points, rather than make an arc between every point in the funscript.
Yes, I should do that. The current software doesn't do this because the time investment didn't seem to be worth it.

lolol2 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 3:17 pm Tried to use this software but not even sure if I understand correctly what this software is able to archive.
You are supposed to load the .alpha and .beta into multifunplayer, then use your favorite media player to synchronize the funscript with MFP. Restim then generates the audio in real-time and sends it to the audio device. It also works with scriptplayer if you prefer.

The settings on tab 4 have no impact on the funscript converter, it only changes the command mapping between MFP and restim, for advanced users.

The user interface has no support for converting funscript to audio file, only realtime generation direct to the audio device. There is a script that does this, but you probably want to play around with the realtime generation first.

----

During the milovana downtime I made some progress on the 4 and 5-phase generation. The math is final, software works without glitches, there is a basic user interface, I do need a bit more time to figure out the funscript conversion, electrode positions etc. I did not have much success with anal electrodes, this isn't the fault of the software but my body doesn't interpret signals in that area as pleasurable.

I might release a beta version with a few patterns, no funscript conversion, just need to find some time/motivation to continue testing.
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

Restim is amazing in every way possible except for the learning curve imo. Figuring out which software interacts with which game/website/video player is the first big hurdle. Having to read this thread in its entirety while filtering out unrelated stuff or things that changed during development to properly understand how to make it work is another big one. But once you get these, it's pretty much experimenting in real time with most versatile funscript converter you could think of. Having it work with Intiface opens up so many possibilities like a little trick hidden in this thread that lets you use Scriptplayer+Intiface+Restim which means you can skip converting from 1D to 2D altogether and avoid having 3 funscripts for a single video. Replace Scriptplayer with Faptap and you don't even have to have the video or the funscript on your machine for it to work. There are many other compatible pieces of software out there that just weren't previously available to E-Stim and now are because of Restim.

I really hope you find the time and motivation to keep this going, Diglet. I haven't been able to stop experimenting with it since before the Milovana downtime. It's honestly a very difficult process to "quantify pleasure" when there are so many other factors at play. Just being slightly dehydrated changes the feelings drastically. I mostly stim with the L=Glans, C+R=Bipolar buttplug with C being on the prostate which is giving me mixed results with Restim. That config is much better for CH type videos than action based ones for some reason.

My only request right now would be to have it remember the "Reduce volume by %" setting for pauses. For whatever reason it's the only setting that doesn't stay between sessions. If I can help in any way, please let me know.
Thex007
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Thex007 »

Hi Diglet,

I'm keen to try restim but I am using a 2in1 tablet/laptop that only runs 32bit Windows 10.
Any chance of building a 32bit Windows version?

I tried installing 32bit Python on the laptop but when I try to run restim.py, it tries to start it but nothing happens for a little while and then it returns back to the command prompt doing nothing.