New estim tracks for CH videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: New estim tracks for CH videos

Post by edger477 »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:34 am I have to switch audio output in windows to adjust volume for a designated output... if for example i want to turn the voulme up in restim... or if i want to turn the volume up on the video (playing in chrome)...
Click on start, then type 'sndvol' to get the "old-fashioned" volume mixer. First slider is master volume for the device, by default opens on default windows device. Just click dropdown and select your estim device.

Don't change default windows device to estim box, some programs might acquire the sound card and not change default when you change it back, so if i.e. a message on skype pops up the sound might shock you. In sndvol you can see all programs that have reference to the device and you can mute all of them except restim, scriptplayer and whatever else you use to play stim files.
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kelvinator »

I have been so impressed with my vastly improved estim sessions using multifunplayer outputed to Restim, that I have:
1. Searched my entire cock hero video collection for associated funscript files.
2. Downloaded from Eroscripts and Fred Tungsten any "missing" funscripts.
3. Converted all my funscripts to 2D alpha and beta funscripts using Restim's funscript conversion tool.
There are still missing gaps, either due to other file locations or non existence.
I'm looking forward to re-stimming through my collection and experiencing customized and heightened sensations.
Spoiler: show
I will post a list of cock hero funscripts with links to their location
As always, I'd love to hear about other's experiences with Restim. K
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

I tried it and I find restim output much more comfortable due to easier calibration than using balance and sometimes having to reposition or change size of electrodes. I think if you enjoyed funscript conversions, you should definitely switch to restim.

For me personally, the videos with funscript can't keep my attention for long, so I haven't been using it much. Nothing with restim, is simply that I don't find funscript sensations diverse enough, is just stroking, for my taste that is too shallow.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Small update on the 4-phase software. I managed to implement a nice algorithm that generates signals with the desired properties, it is slightly slower than 3-phase but still more than fast enough for realtime. The new algorithm is conceptually easy to expand to n-phases.

I have some difficulties adjusting the signals to account for the calibration parameters, without actual hardware to perform measurements on I have no idea what's going on... I will be ordering parts for a 4-channel box, will probably take at least a month before there's any real progress on this topic.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:43 pm It's not supposed to be compatible, but I think it should work with the serial redirect hack I described :-/

If you can't get it to work, let me know, then I'll hurry up with official intiface support.

Restim supports changing the carrier frequency, carrier amplitude modulation and volume over the API. Can also change all those settings in the UI.
Finally got restim working with a virtual tty and sending commands to it manually. The only problem is that a virtual tty is not considered a physical serial port, so it does not show up when asking the OS for a list of serial ports.. With restim this isn't a problem, since you can just enter the path to the tty in the settings manually and it'll work anyway. But intiface central only has automatic detection, where it fails to find my virtual tty.

If you have time, perhaps you could add some more prints to serialproxy? For example check the return code from self.port.open and print self.port.error() in case it is false. And in case of success, maybe print the name of the serial port similar to what it does for tcp and udp?

Another thing I've noticed is that "matplotlib.backends.backend_qt5agg" caused an error on one of my computers, while it worked on another with a different Linux distribution. However "matplotlib.backends.backend_qtagg" worked on both, so perhaps this is the best way to import it, if it works on Windows too?

In case anyone else wants to try, here's the steps:

As root:

Code: Select all

socat -dd -v pty,link=/dev/ttyVirtS0,rawer pty,link=/dev/ttyVirtS1,rawer
As root (in a different terminal or using sudo):

chown <your user> /dev/ttyVirtS*
As your user:

python3 restim.py
In app:
Go to settings, enable serial port and write "/dev/ttyVirtS0" in the COM port field. For testing: Disable "Auto-expand L0"

In a terminal:

echo "L010" > /dev/ttyVirtS1
You should see the "control dot" in the triangle move near the bottom between left and right.

echo "L099" > /dev/ttyVirtS1
You should see the control dot move to the top of the triangle.

Took me a little time to figure out, but L010 and L099 won't work with auto-expand L0 and I don't know enough about tcode so I just disabled it.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

darthjj wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:32 pm The only problem is that a virtual tty is not considered a physical serial port, so it does not show up when asking the OS for a list of serial ports.. With restim this isn't a problem, since you can just enter the path to the tty in the settings manually and it'll work anyway.
Thanks for pointing this out, I was debating adding a dropdown to select the port, but apparently that's a bad idea.

I tested the auto-expand feature and it doesn't work with command that have zero duration. That's my bad, these should work:

L099I500
L011I500

The first two characters are the axis identifier, next digits are the axis value, everything after the I indicates the command duration in ms. I didn't notice this issue because faptap always sends a duration.

Thanks for debugging my code :-).

Edit: I fixed the above mentioned issues, in master.
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

diglet wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:10 pm Thanks for debugging my code :-).
Thanks for making open source cross-platform software :)

I'll play around with it some more when I have time, but currently I don't know if it would be more work to learn enough flutter and Rust so I can hack Intiface Central / buttplug-rs to use a named tty, or to implement Intiface Central's protocol for restim..
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

Hey DarthJJ/Digelt,

Thanks for the updated info... what does it mean (in Layman's terms)?

Diglet you're going too build your own 4-phase box? Have you thought about the 5.1 surround sound box I mentioned... I'm guessing you just need to add the transformers to it, as you would with any other DIY audio box, no?

Finally @Diglet is there a way to get restim to work on UDP on localhost? I have found a plugin by Blazedust for VAM (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/toy ... nch.12663/) that is a significant improvement on Yoooi's original ToySerialController which allows more flexibility with model seelction and in the way that it auto detects action in a scene and uses that to generate the Tcode... However, its based on old version of Yoooi's original... before he implemented the ability to specify an adresss, rather than just localhost?

I will try and contact Blazedust to see if he can add in that functionally to his plugin too.. or update his build to use Yoooi's later build v.17 (but its a long shot).

Thank you all for your hard work.. making my stimming so much more fun!!

Niceguy.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

darthjj wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:58 am
diglet wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:10 pm Thanks for debugging my code :-).
Thanks for making open source cross-platform software :)

I'll play around with it some more when I have time, but currently I don't know if it would be more work to learn enough flutter and Rust so I can hack Intiface Central / buttplug-rs to use a named tty, or to implement Intiface Central's protocol for restim..
At that point it might be faster to implement a video sync tool yourself. All you have to do is connect to your favorite video player, extract the current video timestamp, and send a command over serial. In my preferred programming language that would take maybe 2 hours.

I'm quite frustrated with the poor availability of linux tools. I really expected this scene to have a wealth of cross platform tools... I think I'll start looking into buttplug integration this week.

Edit: It looks like connecting with intiface is not that hard, I'm able to receive tcode commands in just a few hours of hacking. Give me a few days to complete the implementation...
Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:06 am Hey DarthJJ/Digelt,

Thanks for the updated info... what does it mean (in Layman's terms)?

Diglet you're going too build your own 4-phase box? Have you thought about the 5.1 surround sound box I mentioned... I'm guessing you just need to add the transformers to it, as you would with any other DIY audio box, no?

Finally @Diglet is there a way to get restim to work on UDP on localhost? I have found a plugin by Blazedust for VAM (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/toy ... nch.12663/) that is a significant improvement on Yoooi's original ToySerialController which allows more flexibility with model seelction and in the way that it auto detects action in a scene and uses that to generate the Tcode... However, its based on old version of Yoooi's original... before he implemented the ability to specify an adresss, rather than just localhost?

I will try and contact Blazedust to see if he can add in that functionally to his plugin too.. or update his build to use Yoooi's later build v.17 (but its a long shot).

Thank you all for your hard work.. making my stimming so much more fun!!

Niceguy.
I ordered these parts:
KEBIDU USB 2.0 Sound Card Audio Card , this sound card will be built into the box, connected to my computer over USB instead of 3.5mm jack.
2x TPA3116 stereo amplifier
Rest of the parts are pretty standard, from lolol2's build or equivalent, but everything is doubled: viewtopic.php?p=326644#p326644

UDP always requires a port. I'm guessing the port is hardcoded in the software. The default port in old versions of ToySerialController is 8889, so try configuring that port for the UDP server in restim.
Last edited by diglet on Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I added additional settings for amplitude modulation:

Bias left:

Bias right:

Bias high:

Bias low:

For safety reasons the software will not generate features smaller than 3 carrier cycles.

Context: there is ongoing discussion whether changing the shape of the individual pulses results in different sensations. This change makes it easier to test this. If the consensus is there is no difference, I'll scrap this feature.

https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

I can confirm changing the shape of the waveform changes it’s ‘feeling’ greatly… I’ve tried square, sawtooth, sine waveforms before… I always return to sine wave as it’s the smoothest… but it depends on what you want… a sawtooth waveform at a low carrier frequency like 200 hz feels buzzy like a vibrator… rather than smooth like a stroke…
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:47 pm I can confirm changing the shape of the waveform changes it’s ‘feeling’ greatly… I’ve tried square, sawtooth, sine waveforms before… I always return to sine wave as it’s the smoothest… but it depends on what you want… a sawtooth waveform at a low carrier frequency like 200 hz feels buzzy like a vibrator… rather than smooth like a stroke…
Combinations are more interesting. Wave which has a sawtooth superimposed at lower volume but same frequency and some phase offset is a very nice one. Also wave superimposed with a wave of different volume and some phase shift gives enough of the waveform shape change that the sensation changes significantly.

I find shape of waveform to be one of most interesting sources of interesting signals.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I implemented support for Buttplug. Using Buttplug requires manual configuration of Intiface Central, which is explained in this wiki page.

With buttplug support you can connect tons of applications to restim. I personally had lots of fun with Setaria, a 2D platformer. Also, you can use faptap now without dirty serial hacks. Restim currently only supports applications that send linear commands (not vibrate commands).

https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases
gagaga
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gagaga »

Hi diglet,

restim is a great tool, thank you very much for your effort!

Out of curiosity: Why do we have to convert 1d -> 2d data beforehand? Could restim do it on the fly (and thus make it more noob-friendly)? Or is it a latency issue? (but strokers would have a similiar challenge, right?)

Cheers, gagaga
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

It has to do with the way MultiFunPlayer sends command. MFP sends commands with a high update rate, 60 times per second, restim can't know where the stroke begins or ends. I use the stroke length information to generate the second axis, so I can't do that. MFP does this because it leads to a better experience with linear stroking hardware, which is what this protocol was designed for.

The implementation for faptap and most buttplug software works differently. Instead of sending small bits of data it sends exactly one command per movement, This doesn't work that well for stroker devices, but this gives restim all the information needed to improvise the second axis. I just found out Scriptplayer does this too. If you don't want to run the conversion, use scriptplayer with the buttplug support I just released.

Also, the default conversion doesn't take advantage of all the possibilities of scripting in two dimensions. I hope that scripters will eventually start working on funscripts specifically designed for three-phase.