New estim tracks for CH videos

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: New estim tracks for CH videos

Post by edger477 »

gagaga wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:42 pm Hi diglet,

restim is a great tool, thank you very much for your effort!

Out of curiosity: Why do we have to convert 1d -> 2d data beforehand? Could restim do it on the fly (and thus make it more noob-friendly)? Or is it a latency issue? (but strokers would have a similiar challenge, right?)

Cheers, gagaga
I was thinking about this... it is true, funscripts are one-dimensional but restim is capable of controlling another axis (one is common/others 2 electrodes and other is left/right electrode). Conversion seems to create alpha and beta funscripts which rotate the movement about 45 degrees. I think it would be an improvement to be able to use funscript directly (without alpha and beta) but provide angle for rotation on the fly (so that it does not even have to be 45 but any angle, with 0 or 180 essentially being "stock" funscript without usage of 2nd dimension).
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

The current implementation simply replaces linear strokes by a half circle with the same start/end points. So a full downward stroke is replaced by...

Of course, there are many other ways this can be done. Write some code, experiment on yourself :-P
gagaga
Explorer
Explorer

Post by gagaga »

diglet wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:12 pm Of course, there are many other ways this can be done. Write some code, experiment on yourself :-P
Thanks, I might try that - however, your approach already works great. :thumbsup:
Having the 1d -> 2d conversion on the fly would be noob-friendly and we would not need the extra alpha/beta files, but it's really only a minor nuissance to me.

Looking forward to your next releases!
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

edger477 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:54 pm
gagaga wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:42 pm Hi diglet,

restim is a great tool, thank you very much for your effort!

Out of curiosity: Why do we have to convert 1d -> 2d data beforehand? Could restim do it on the fly (and thus make it more noob-friendly)? Or is it a latency issue? (but strokers would have a similiar challenge, right?)

Cheers, gagaga
I was thinking about this... it is true, funscripts are one-dimensional but restim is capable of controlling another axis (one is common/others 2 electrodes and other is left/right electrode). Conversion seems to create alpha and beta funscripts which rotate the movement about 45 degrees. I think it would be an improvement to be able to use funscript directly (without alpha and beta) but provide angle for rotation on the fly (so that it does not even have to be 45 but any angle, with 0 or 180 essentially being "stock" funscript without usage of 2nd dimension).
This is true, a single funscript file is one-dimensional... but scripters are now creating ,multi-axis scripts regularly... the left/right axis.. being one of the most common... load that into MFP...

I also don't see the problem with the conversion.. if you have to download the original funscript anyway.. its not generated in real-time either... I guess, we'll see real-time multi-axis script generation at some point.. @diglet will restim be able to use the info generated by multi-axis scripts? would a conversion even be possible? For feelings like rotation? Pitch, yaw, roll, sway, etc? This was the motivation behind my 6- electrode setup...

Niceguy.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

diglet wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:57 am
darthjj wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:58 am
diglet wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:10 pm Thanks for debugging my code :-).
Thanks for making open source cross-platform software :)

I'll play around with it some more when I have time, but currently I don't know if it would be more work to learn enough flutter and Rust so I can hack Intiface Central / buttplug-rs to use a named tty, or to implement Intiface Central's protocol for restim..
At that point it might be faster to implement a video sync tool yourself. All you have to do is connect to your favorite video player, extract the current video timestamp, and send a command over serial. In my preferred programming language that would take maybe 2 hours.

I'm quite frustrated with the poor availability of linux tools. I really expected this scene to have a wealth of cross platform tools... I think I'll start looking into buttplug integration this week.

Edit: It looks like connecting with intiface is not that hard, I'm able to receive tcode commands in just a few hours of hacking. Give me a few days to complete the implementation...
Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:06 am Hey DarthJJ/Digelt,

Thanks for the updated info... what does it mean (in Layman's terms)?

Diglet you're going too build your own 4-phase box? Have you thought about the 5.1 surround sound box I mentioned... I'm guessing you just need to add the transformers to it, as you would with any other DIY audio box, no?

Finally @Diglet is there a way to get restim to work on UDP on localhost? I have found a plugin by Blazedust for VAM (https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/toy ... nch.12663/) that is a significant improvement on Yoooi's original ToySerialController which allows more flexibility with model seelction and in the way that it auto detects action in a scene and uses that to generate the Tcode... However, its based on old version of Yoooi's original... before he implemented the ability to specify an adresss, rather than just localhost?

I will try and contact Blazedust to see if he can add in that functionally to his plugin too.. or update his build to use Yoooi's later build v.17 (but its a long shot).

Thank you all for your hard work.. making my stimming so much more fun!!

Niceguy.
I ordered these parts:
KEBIDU USB 2.0 Sound Card Audio Card , this sound card will be built into the box, connected to my computer over USB instead of 3.5mm jack.
2x TPA3116 stereo amplifier
Rest of the parts are pretty standard, from lolol2's build or equivalent, but everything is doubled: viewtopic.php?p=326644#p326644

UDP always requires a port. I'm guessing the port is hardcoded in the software. The default port in old versions of ToySerialController is 8889, so try configuring that port for the UDP server in restim.
This is the sort of box I looked at... what are the ouput connectors? I assume stereo jacks? So a pair of speakers could run from each output.. so that's 6 x discrete outputs or electrodes? Ive never used a stereo amplifier like that.. I've only used old fashioned transformers before - one for each output..

This was an excellent suggestion... one which I had hoped would work... but it didn't... restim would just not respond to the plugin...alas I think Blazedust broke the UDP output of Yoooi's original ToySerialController plugin... the good news is... without any coding knowledge... I downloaded notepad++ and started going through the code line by line... replacing it bit by bit with yooo'is, if I saw any reference to an IP address or input, field or button... I quickly realised the main code called upon other bits of code/script... mainly the UI GUI so I edited that too.... and by some sort of magic, beginners luck or witchcraft.. after compiling each change... the IP address input field appeared... I was able to run the plugin... input the IP adresss 127.0.0.1 and it worked... restim now responds to the plugin...

It took me about 4 x hours going through the code.. I didn't really understand what i was looking at.. but grasped the gist of it... I guess where there's a will... theres a way... Niceguy.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

BTW it always worked when connected to the serial port... but the green dot in restim acts kind of crazy...it is following the action in the scene, but looks almost 'too responsive'... its not a smooth looking motion... like it is over UDP. Thank god you implemented a graphic visualiser... I'm slightly scared of connecting myself to it.... but just may... :lol:
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I looked into what the problem is with the VAM plugin, I found the problem... Steps to fix:

https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/toy ... nch.12663/
Download and unzip Blazedust.ToySerialController+VAMLaunch.10.var
Open ......../src/Device/OutputTarget/UdpOutputTarget.cs
Find the line that says _client.Client.Bind(endpoint); (around line 67), comment the line by placing // (two slashes) in front of it.
re-package Blazedust.ToySerialController+VAMLaunch.10.var

Bug explanation: ToySerialController sends UDP packets to port 12347 while also listening at port 12347, therefore packets get eaten before they arrive at other applications.

Re multi axis scripts: you can manually load multi-axis scripts in MultiFunPlayer to control the alpha and beta axis. To me, the beta axis feels a little bit like forward/backward, I hope additional electrodes will give access to more sensations.

As for the box, the USB sound card has 3 stereo jacks for a total of 6 channels. Four of the channels will be connected to stereo amplifiers and a total of 4 transformers. Other 2 channels remain empty. Will detail the build when the parts are in.
Last edited by diglet on Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47dahc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by 47dahc »

Feature request

Would be cool if you could add a metronome conversion to this awesome piece of software. Sort of like the E-StimControlApp from a couple of years ago.

I still use the ESC app sometimes with non-estim teases and RLGL-Player. It would be cool to use restim with them.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

It is quite easy to create your own RLGL scripts with OpenFunScripter. Create a new axis named xxxx.volume.funscript in OFS, configure MultiFunPlayer to load the axis as L2 (must be enabled in restim settings). Now you can easily modify the volume with funscript.

As for metronome conversion, that sounds quite specific. I think it would be better if someone created a separate application for this purpose, maybe in-browser with tapermonkey, that controls restim with websocket or UDP.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

So I’ve been testing the new restim version… and had some
Thoughts I wanted to put down. Bear with me.

I believe the motivation behind Restim was to use a an eager, willing and active user base of scripters that are generating scripts…
And turn those scripts into files for estim use for us to enjoy too…

1. Scripters are not scripting for estim. They are scripting for mechanical stroking devices that offer a different array of sensations to that of estim.

2. The original source for the scripting tends to be mechanical in nature. I.E a models hand, mouth, vagina etc. and the action is mechanical - up/down, left/right, forward/backward, etc.and not estim in nature.

3. Beyond the linear strokers I.E the handy which respond to a single script… generally Up/down… multi axis devices are being developed and adopted and multi-axis scripts are becoming more popular with 6 discrete movement scripts possible currently, with possibly more to follow as tempest is adding increased functionality which can be remotely controlled into his devices… suction, lube, etc. estim currently has either 3 or 4 electrodes available to replicate this array of sensations. However there are some actions we can script that can’t be replicated mechanically… increasing volume intensifies the feeling.. that’s a bit like being squeezed harder.. or applying suction perhaps… lowering the carrier frequency in hz goes from a smooth stroke to a buzzy feeling…that’s like a model stopping using her hand and using a vibrator on your dick instead…

4. Estim has the advantage of creating sensations that cannot be replicated mechanically. The ability to send the feeling through the body beyond the surface of the skin. The ability to create an array of sensations from a dull buzzy vibrate feeing to a sharp stinging feeling, to an almost imperceptible excited feeling.. to a strong pulse like gripping feeling…

5. Estim will Always be niche as there is an inherent human fear of electricity and attaching it to the body which prevents mass adoption. The mechanical Stroker is a step on from the fleshlight which has sold In the millions around the world. To change that would require a perceptual and behavioural shift and a general acceptance of estim by a mass audience. Perhaps we could look at the language we use to reflect the sensation or feeing rather than the science… this may help… I have no idea what carrier frequency, modulation, amplitude are… but I know what they feel like…( actually I do but thinking of a mass audience). Do we make devices more user friendly and less scary looking… rubber loops, wires, amplifiers? Crock clips, Bananna plugs, electrodes,clips, probes… or is that part of the attraction?

6. Is accurate replication of a mechanical stroker necessary or desirable? Human brains are easily fooled as our brains love to shortcut and make sense of the world around us via our senses. Testing restim with the online stroker software was entirely convincing for a majority of the patterns. I realised that software is generating code across the six axis. How many do we actually need to recreate the feeling? How is it when using a CR loop around my head… I could feel the sensation moving from left to right or around and around?

7. If I had 3 x bi-polar loops around my dick would that enable me to recreate the feeling across the 6 - axis the stroker robot does? If the one in the middle were twisted 90 degrees and was perpendicular to the top and bottom, what does that do?

Anyway… some thoughts… please feel Free to add, build, discuss, rubbish.

Niceguy.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:52 pm Scripters are not scripting for estim
I like how you put into points many of arguments I agree with and actually why I love non-converted estim, but never had the motivation to write it up.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Niceguy_LondonUK wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:52 pm So I’ve been testing the new restim version… and had some
Thoughts I wanted to put down. Bear with me.
I agree with most points. To take full advantage of estim, we need funscripts specifically written for restim. Having that said, I think the automatic conversions are already quite good. Maybe someone can try their hand at scripting for restim in OFS?

The parts for my 4-channel box aren't in yet. I think the extra channels will make it a lot easier to test different current paths. Maybe the extra paths add something, maybe not. We'll have to test that. I used to have a multi-axis stroker (of custom design), in my opinion the extra axis don't really add beyond the first few sessions.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I released version 1.7: https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

New feature: the volume can be lowered automatically if there are pauses in the script.

I spent the last week doing a lot of measurements with my new oscilloscope toy. The results will be published on the wiki when I'm done analyzing them.
Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Oh I agree… the conversion is excellent… I am Looking forward to trying out some multi-axis scripts too though…

I tested restim via various output options and it’s chucking out some errors…

I thought I’d share with you.

Niceguy.
Attachments
51276408-50B1-436A-8498-6DC2C6BC237B.jpeg
51276408-50B1-436A-8498-6DC2C6BC237B.jpeg (298.48 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

The zero division error I will fix, it happens when the modulation is enabled but the frequency is set to 0.

With WDM-KS, judging by the error code it looks like the audio device disappeared between the time the device was selected in the settings and opening the stream. That's weird. Don't think I can do anything about that.

I have the lowest latency with WDM-KS and 'low' latency. But I find that DirectSound or MME with 'high' latency are most stable.