[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.90

A corner for forum games, chat games, discussion about games and even tournaments. Come in and play ... if you dare!
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.85

Post by spaisin »

Hello again :-) Updates keep flowing, I can't keep up!

Not overwriting saves sounds like a good idea; but even with that, I might need to start taking backups from my farm runs. I think I just lost a long run to ... fairy dust, of all things. Just a bug thou, but mildly annoying at 139 Heavy Attacks.. I'll try to recover it, but not hopeful.

Love the ongoing writing/casting quality! :-) Saw you pushed a new shemale, so turned them on again; that one's cute! (Celeste) Althou, the more they look like women, the more I like em ... which shouldn't be surprising for a straight guy :-P

I do like the resistance mechanic, but it felt like a personal attack..
Spoiler: show
Playing mighty + alchemist now, if you're keeping addictions low, you can take all the multipliers .. 0 x 1.5 is still zero .. heavy Heavy spammer, which is of course why the mechanic is what it is :-)
Spam normals, chug a green, spam heavies.. does the trick, and gives a use for the greenies. Probably not optimal, but hey hoo.
Couple bugs in descending order of importance:
1) Got a proper crash, actually twice. Looks to me like: sleeping with Fairy Dust on > fails at removing it from buffs list; or some such. Log attached.
HC085-traceback-2-win.txt.zip
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
1.5) Also, why is the trace for this a full history of my battles; are you removing all debuffs from every previous fight, every night? I mean, it should get the job done, buuut :-P

2) After barely beating Celeste the resistance mechanic remained active, on Everyone. Without indication on screen, but everyone gained increasing amounts of damage resistance. Also my stamina usage doubled while this was going on, but that stopped separately before I croaked. How, why? I don't know! :look:

Killing Celeste in the tower gave some if not all enemies Resistance ... glad I came prepared! It being the tower, I had some time to test ... it remained on following enemies until I struck something 3 times in a row. I don't think the counter reset, but waits did increase the strength. Maybe :-)

A)
Showing up to Molly while having the masochist bad trait - from the character creation seems a like bad idea... Getting dommed from turn one. Not a bug, I guess, but makes the trait a quite risky choice. Would be a whole lot more tempting as a trait if it didn't :-)
Couple QoL ideas for church:
- Have the "max" button have a permanent keybind, currently it switches as options are added in front of it.
- Have a button for "clear All addictions" so a poor farmer like myself don't have to click thru all of them every day .. :-) (corruption not included, might want to keep some)

In related news, send help, clothes and oxygen tanks, it's getting chilly up here!
Screenshot from 2024-04-29 12-42-40.png
Screenshot from 2024-04-29 12-42-40.png (30.1 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
I ain't dead yet, still got blues to get to 0 addiction :-)

... welp, care package didn't reach me in time, RIP. Didn't quite make it to 2k, so there's a goal .. for someone else :-D
Screenshot from 2024-04-29 17-00-16.png
Screenshot from 2024-04-29 17-00-16.png (7.58 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

spaisin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 am Hello again :-) Updates keep flowing, I can't keep up!

Not overwriting saves sounds like a good idea; but even with that, I might need to start taking backups from my farm runs. I think I just lost a long run to ... fairy dust, of all things. Just a bug thou, but mildly annoying at 139 Heavy Attacks.. I'll try to recover it, but not hopeful.

Love the ongoing writing/casting quality! :-) Saw you pushed a new shemale, so turned them on again; that one's cute! (Celeste) Althou, the more they look like women, the more I like em ... which shouldn't be surprising for a straight guy :-P

I do like the resistance mechanic, but it felt like a personal attack..
Playing mighty + alchemist now, if you're keeping addictions low, you can take all the multipliers .. 0 x 1.5 is still zero .. heavy Heavy spammer, which is of course why the mechanic is what it is :-)
Spam normals, chug a green, spam heavies.. does the trick, and gives a use for the greenies. Probably not optimal, but hey hoo.
Couple bugs in descending order of importance:
1) Got a proper crash, actually twice. Looks to me like: sleeping with Fairy Dust on > fails at removing it from buffs list; or some such. Log attached.
HC085-traceback-2-win.txt.zip

1.5) Also, why is the trace for this a full history of my battles; are you removing all debuffs from every previous fight, every night? I mean, it should get the job done, buuut :-P

2) After barely beating Celeste the resistance mechanic remained active, on Everyone. Without indication on screen, but everyone gained increasing amounts of damage resistance. Also my stamina usage doubled while this was going on, but that stopped separately before I croaked. How, why? I don't know! :look:

Killing Celeste in the tower gave some if not all enemies Resistance ... glad I came prepared! It being the tower, I had some time to test ... it remained on following enemies until I struck something 3 times in a row. I don't think the counter reset, but waits did increase the strength. Maybe :-)

A)
Showing up to Molly while having the masochist bad trait - from the character creation seems a like bad idea... Getting dommed from turn one. Not a bug, I guess, but makes the trait a quite risky choice. Would be a whole lot more tempting as a trait if it didn't :-)
Couple QoL ideas for church:
- Have the "max" button have a permanent keybind, currently it switches as options are added in front of it.
- Have a button for "clear All addictions" so a poor farmer like myself don't have to click thru all of them every day .. :-) (corruption not included, might want to keep some)

In related news, send help, clothes and oxygen tanks, it's getting chilly up here!
Screenshot from 2024-04-29 12-42-40.png
I ain't dead yet, still got blues to get to 0 addiction :-)

... welp, care package didn't reach me in time, RIP. Didn't quite make it to 2k, so there's a goal .. for someone else :-D

Screenshot from 2024-04-29 17-00-16.png
Wow, that's really impressive :-O
Congratulations spaisin !
I'm also really glad you liked Celeste, her album was REALLY hard to find

v0.95 is in the play-testing phase, so I'll have to leave these changes and bug fixes to v1.0, but I'll try to fix everything as soon as possible.

The thing about menu/choice hotkeys changing all the time is due to how the menus are coded. I could change the way they work, but to be honest, it would be much easier and better to create a screen for the church, just like I'm currently doing for all menus right now. This should take care of the two birds with a single stone
Support my work on Patreon
Download Hero Corruption 2 on the Website
Check out the new HC2 thread
Play Hero Corruption 1
FatherDarkness
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by FatherDarkness »

A couple of bugs, found when using Windy Knuckles in the Tower, with enough AGI to have Windy Knuckles hit until I had 55 stam, then wait once and be at 100 to start hitting again. I got to floor 500 in the tower before intentionally losing.
1) Olivia does not take damage from hits in the tower until you wait at least once.

2) Celeste damage resistance does not change from hits until you wait at least once

3) Quick Bracelet will only trigger if Windy Knuckles don't, or if the enemy is defeated.

4) Victoria doesn't acknowledge being hit if Windy Knuckles hit until you wait.
I have not had a chance to see if this happens in the regular game too or just in the tower.
sxdoctor
Explorer
Explorer

Post by sxdoctor »

Is the new update dropping today ? :) xD
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

spaisin wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:13 am
Managed to fix all of them in time for 0.95, with the exception of Molly which will require a little more attention.
Thanks again for your report spaisin

----------------------------
FatherDarkness wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:42 pm A couple of bugs, found when using Windy Knuckles in the Tower, with enough AGI to have Windy Knuckles hit until I had 55 stam, then wait once and be at 100 to start hitting again. I got to floor 500 in the tower before intentionally losing.
1) Olivia does not take damage from hits in the tower until you wait at least once.

2) Celeste damage resistance does not change from hits until you wait at least once

3) Quick Bracelet will only trigger if Windy Knuckles don't, or if the enemy is defeated.

4) Victoria doesn't acknowledge being hit if Windy Knuckles hit until you wait.
I have not had a chance to see if this happens in the regular game too or just in the tower.
This can be easily fixed with a bunch of temporary hotfixes, but since it's not game-breaking, I'd rather have a more well-thought-out, permanent solution for v1.0. :unsure:
Thank you very much for pointing out this flaw in Windy Knuckles coding, Darkness

------------------------
sxdoctor wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:39 am Is the new update dropping today ? :) xD
New update just dropped, have fun, doc !
Play Hero Corruption 1
aksuborbi40
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Hero Corruption 2 v0.90

Post by aksuborbi40 »

Ok all. First Diogoo thanks for an excellent game, and it sounds awesome after you get thru the first 2 maps-- but I have STILL never gotten thru the deep forest or meadow.
It is just a grind of forest/plains girls over and over, 2 per day and drink a potion. Maybe get enough to buy a map and backpack, then more grind - 2 per day and a potion to try and find a recipie and maybe make something, only to die trying to do the next map up. I have never gotten more than 150 points before dying, and only once even come close to defeating the twins. What are you all doing that you get so far in the game? Tried and died in the deep forest.
NEVER even close to defeating more than 1 girl in the MEadow. Slaughtered in the other maps. Never had more than 37 gold at one time. Rarely had useful materials. Once or twice I got a sword, but I equipped it and it broke before I could get to a boss, so I died..
I have played about 40 games games so far, and tried levelling up as much as possible, but still it is just a grind with no real reward..
What are you all doing to even SEE these other places? I did once get a piece of the map, but then died 1 or 2 girls past that.

HELP!!! I desperately want to see more of the game, but don't think it should take 30 or more hours of playing to get where i am so far... which seems to be nowhere.
Thanks! I am willing to admit I may not be getting it..

I try fighting and fighting, but in the end there's no way I can defeat someone with 220 points who's constantly regenerating them. It is just impossible to progress so far in this game as far as I have experienced. It is just TOO HARD.... How are you all doing it???
diogaoo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diogaoo »

aksuborbi40 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:05 am Ok all. First Diogoo thanks for an excellent game, and it sounds awesome after you get thru the first 2 maps-- but I have STILL never gotten thru the deep forest or meadow.
It is just a grind of forest/plains girls over and over, 2 per day and drink a potion. Maybe get enough to buy a map and backpack, then more grind - 2 per day and a potion to try and find a recipie and maybe make something, only to die trying to do the next map up. I have never gotten more than 150 points before dying, and only once even come close to defeating the twins. What are you all doing that you get so far in the game? Tried and died in the deep forest.
NEVER even close to defeating more than 1 girl in the MEadow. Slaughtered in the other maps. Never had more than 37 gold at one time. Rarely had useful materials. Once or twice I got a sword, but I equipped it and it broke before I could get to a boss, so I died..
I have played about 40 games games so far, and tried levelling up as much as possible, but still it is just a grind with no real reward..
What are you all doing to even SEE these other places? I did once get a piece of the map, but then died 1 or 2 girls past that.

HELP!!! I desperately want to see more of the game, but don't think it should take 30 or more hours of playing to get where i am so far... which seems to be nowhere.
Thanks! I am willing to admit I may not be getting it..

I try fighting and fighting, but in the end there's no way I can defeat someone with 220 points who's constantly regenerating them. It is just impossible to progress so far in this game as far as I have experienced. It is just TOO HARD.... How are you all doing it???

Grind can be hard, but not that hard, a great player should be able to get into the Jungle on the first or second run, especially if they manage to drop a good weapon, different players have different strategies, and I'm sure there are better than mine out there, but here's a simple walkthrough:

Level 1 attribute priority: STR(attack up thresholds) > AGI(Try for an even number on Stamina Regen) > INT >> CON > VIT

Find at least one potion per day, you don't have to drink it (Only if you have the "Alchemist" trait) the reason you want to find one per day is to rotate the potion pool and get more blue potions in the long run.
Priorities: Blue potion is a no brainer, Purple is good when you have your addictions under control and red potions only if you are struggling with HP and addictions are very, very low.

Get the backpack asap and if possible, buy a 2*map along with it. If you have some gold left, buy one or two purple potions, their price is very low on the third day. Get a doable quest at the Queen.

Back to the base, you may want to skip the 1* area boss if you're not feeling confident and face 2* enemies instead, just don't push it too much, maybe one 2* enemy per day is enough, you' re looking for EXP and gold, jackpot if you get the Dagger recipe.
Sell materials that will not be used, Fabric is low priority if you are good at Amy's minigame, Plastic is even lower. Try to keep at least one or two Iron/Wood for a possible weapon craft, sell if you're in a pinch.

If you haven't done it before, defeat the 1* boss, buy a 3* map right after and repeat the previous process.

Here's some general tips:

Keep your Stamina high, ideally always start an encounter with 100%. You don't have to keep it 100% all the time, but keep in mind that you will be spending the same amount of resource for lower damage.

Save some points to allocate when you find out who will be the boss of the 1st area, each one has a different priority for attributes: Mila: (INT, CON). Sigrid: (VIT, INT). Cassandra: (VIT). Bonnie&Nina are... Different... You only want to defeat them after you've defeated Bonnie alone at least 3 times. Deal as much damage as possible in the first stage and take an orange potion to make things easier; In the second stage their hp will split, you gotta defeat each one in at least one or two turns. If they start to switch, the fight can snowball really quickly, don't spare resources if that happens.

When you have to go to town, do it at night, ideally at 21:00. 20:00 is not a bad time if you have invested in VIT and your lust is full, rest at the tavern and earn some extra gold by working and choosing the "Resist" at the Side-jobs, only "Seduce" if the Addiction reduce cost (church) is lower than your "Seduce" tip.
You can also take the opportunity to go to the city if you are in the time window of a boss that you cannot defeat and have no other exploration alternative, in this case, buy a map.

This should cover the early game, let me know if you have any questions, good luck :love:
Play Hero Corruption 1
spaisin
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by spaisin »

aksuborbi40 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:05 am Once or twice I got a sword, but I equipped it and it broke before I could get to a boss, so I died..
You're talking about the game on Milovana - Hero Corruption "1", right? This thread and diogaoo's advice is for HC 2. The games are similar, but don't go looking for some of the features in the tease-version... :-)

@diogaoo, great to hear about fixes! :-)

I ran into another weirdness
- Go to city at 2100
- Rest twice in tavern at 2100 and 2200
- Returning to camp
=> puts your clock to "next day 1:00", with normal explore options etc, no sleep; skipping the night. Passing the night like that doesn't reset daily jobs in tavern.
This also didn't crash on Fairy Dust, workarounds ftw! :-D
aksuborbi40
Explorer
Explorer

Post by aksuborbi40 »

Diogaoo & spaisin,

Thanks for the replies.
Diogaoo, Thanks for the details.
I have never even BEEN to the Jungle, haven't even had enough money to buy the map after getting a backpack, and I am on play number 9 or 10. IF I try a higher level I die long before I can think of getting the Jungle map.
Gotta ask- What the heck is Amy's Minigame? Never seen or heard of it...
I guess I never got that detailed into who to fight when & using potions carefully. I just fight whoever I come across however I can and drank potions whenever I get them.
Seems like I have to pay more attention to my various addictions and levels and stuff. (Never was a good D&D player)
I never really kept careful rack of my character stats. It's Wayy more complicated than I had been doing. Thanks for the great ideas.

Spaisin,
I have no idea which version gave me the sword. Currently I am trying V2, 0.90.
Thanks again!
cristovaop
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by cristovaop »

aksuborbi40 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:29 pm I guess I never got that detailed into who to fight when & using potions carefully. I just fight whoever I come across however I can and drank potions whenever I get them.
Seems like I have to pay more attention to my various addictions and levels and stuff. (Never was a good D&D player)
I never really kept careful rack of my character stats. It's Wayy more complicated than I had been doing. Thanks for the great ideas.
Where is you spending the Fame? Even my characters, after some grinding, can start with good stats to breeze through one-star enemies.

@diogaoo, I've found a curious interaction of Serenity's Shawl with Gabrielle. Waiting trigger the "resisting" cutscene, since she got damaged by the shawl. This spiraled out of control since I was defeated by Cassandra and was easily overwhelmed and broken.
Vaol
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Vaol »

Just want to say that this game is absolutely amazing! I don't know why, but it is just challenging and varied enough to keep me interested and horny for hours :-P I have had some incredible orgasms after doing 1+ hours runs with constant stroking and edging

Thank you for working so hard on the game! I am looking forward to playing more and to see the finished game :smile: