[Feedback] South View Institute of Excellence - The Admission Interviews (Math Edition)

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

[Feedback] South View Institute of Excellence - The Admission Interviews (Math Edition)

Post by althyna »

I have always wanted to do a series of teases based on doing mental/physical challenging tasks while following tease instructions. This is the start to the series where you play as someone seeking admission into one of the most prestigious institutions in the world and sets the theme for the series going forward.

The first entrant in the series is math based. The tease has heavy amounts of customizations that allows you to customize most parts of the tease to your liking/skill levels so that everyone can enjoy (whether you like math or not :-)).

Let me know if there are any bugs and I'll try to iron them out ASAP.

Enjoy!
Zer0_0reZ
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Feedback] South View Institute of Excellence - The Admission Interviews (Math Edition)

Post by Zer0_0reZ »

Bug: The 'Done' Button on the Settings-Page doesn't work.
Bug: The Timer Difficulty is reversed ( Ultra-Slow -> shorter Timer; Nightmare -> longer Timer)
Bug?: Jump only works with alexa; all others lead to curent location

probably no bug: After reloading the Tease it restarts at the begin of the last visited Test (If you are loged in milovana)

Also the Game seems impossible beyond Easy Difficulty without some kind of calculator (The rounds with multiplication especially). But based on how the difficulty is implemented (and in general), I'm not sure how that could be fixed
(maybe for a x b, b could always be range 1 to 10 but that obviously doesn't work for the last two rounds)
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [Feedback] South View Institute of Excellence - The Admission Interviews (Math Edition)

Post by althyna »

Thanks for the feedback!

Fixed the Done button getting the tease stuck
Fixed timer difficulty being reversed
Added all jump points (not sure how this got missed)

The resume works as intentional. Wouldn't make a lot of sense to put people into the middle of a 'test'.

I agree about the difficulty. It was almost never meant to be done above normal difficulty. Doing some tests to make it a little simpler in normal.
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by althyna »

Remade the difficulty settings. Now there are only 3 modes - Normal, Hard and Nightmare. Normal will be mostly single digit combinations, normal double digit combinations and nightmare, well, isn't supposed to be attempted unless you are a math wiz :) I'll see if I can add some difficulty in between by having a 2 x 1 instead of a 2 x 2, but then again, this will break by the 5th test where combinations start popping up which will need way too much custom logic to solve.

Now normal mode should be attemptable by everyone, also the timer is fixed so you can triple the timer by setting ultra slow on the timer setting.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

I haven't gotten too far into this yet, only hit multiplication and now need to go to sleep, but my feedback so far.

Right at the start I had the first metronome continue even though I was going to the scene with the next person and then I ended up with multiple metronomes going at the same time.
Maybe not a bug? Some subtraction questions result in negative numbers. 2-9 = -7 for example

This is fun so far and I'll be coming back for more
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by althyna »

Thanks for your feedback @Electro!

I haven't encountered the multiple metronome bug myself, when through the code and couldn't find any obvious causes. Would love to know if you or anyone is able to reproduce it at some point :)

Yes, the negative numbers was indeed intentional!
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

althyna wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:32 pm Thanks for your feedback @Electro!

I haven't encountered the multiple metronome bug myself, when through the code and couldn't find any obvious causes. Would love to know if you or anyone is able to reproduce it at some point :)

Yes, the negative numbers was indeed intentional!
I just finished with Miss Alexa and am sitting at the prompt for "Go see Miss April" and the metronome is still going and now that I clicked on Go see Miss April, it started a second metronome and the one that was already going wasn't stopped. Had the same thing with Miss Alexandra.

Edit..
Spoiler: show
I seem to not be able to get the 'do you remember the numbers?' with Miss Nicole to work at all, if I enter the first number she gave me it fails every time, so I tried to enter them all with spaces and that didn't work either. I also think 7 numbers should be on a harder mode.
It seems to have stopped at the end of Miss April. There's also a "Go to Miss xyz's room" at the failed ending
Is the math with Miss Cara supposed to be round down? The instructions say that but I had my order of operations correct and it seemed some of the answers that should have been right didn't work and I think they were probably right if rounded to the nearest number.
5pirit
Explorer
Explorer

Post by 5pirit »

Anjelicas task description goes "answer to the nearest integer, rounded down" but the answers actually need regular rounding.

Had a couple of doubled sound loops as well. Maybe you're not stopping them properly?
I sometimes run into the same issue, a sound file not stopping as intended, in a tease I'm currently writing. I'm worried, that it could be some EOS bug.
Or it's due to the crappy hardware I'm using ...

An option at the beginning to either start a new game or load the last save file would be great. When I restarted after making it all the way, I was immediately sent to the final room again.
Using the jump button for this feels not very intuitive. Also, after jumping, the Settings Button is still there.

Bugs aside, it's a really fun tease!
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by althyna »

I guess then the audio bug really exist. This is annoying as the beats are definitely a fundamental part of the experience. I'll see if I can fix it.

Thanks also for the round down text bug @5pirit! Will fix this.
althyna
Explorer
Explorer

Post by althyna »

@Electro thanks for the detailed bugs, I'll check them.
Bertg
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Bertg »

I think the punishment for failing is a little bit too light.

Spoilers ahead:
Wasting their time and only ruining your orgasm and licking it, doesn't seem like such a rough punishment.
Maybe for wasting their time, you should waste some of yours, maybe cornertime or linewriting + position holding, and then continuening in ruining and licking it. Just an idea
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by Carnal1 »

Great tease! And nice adjustments you have made to difficulty. It would be nice if you could add some way to reset and be able to start the tease fresh.

More of a problem is after finishing and trying to play again it keeps restarting at the end scene. Even after replaying that end scene it still only restarts there.
Also after one of the games: "You scored 19 points in my test The passing score is 19 I was expecting so much more" which brought me to the fail ending. If passing score is 19, and I got 19, shouldn't I have passed?
One last -at least a couple times (one was during the bad ending< don''t recall other) the beat continued when it should have stopped resulting in double beats on later pages.
Still, all in all an excellent and challenging tease. Thanks!
grelgen
Explorer
Explorer

Post by grelgen »

i dislike needing to click on the text bar and then typing my answer. I'm pretty good at 10 key but incorporating the mouse use on the same hand is pretty rough. can we just get multiple choice buttons?
iiilllililiill
Explorer
Explorer

Post by iiilllililiill »

I'd like to second bertg's sentiment. I agree that the punishment for failure, especially even with the "extreme" punishment toggled on, is lack luster. Writing lines in the tease would be really cool, and I would welcome including physical punishments too. This might not be where you want the tease to go, and that would be fine because I think the tease is great as is.
lor205y
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lor205y »

This tease is amazing fun! Reminds me of Math on Edge which is another awesome tease in the same vein, and something that is not done enough -- mental challenge teases! I can't explain why they're so hot but they are. Also very intrigued by your mention of physical challenges for an upcoming tease. Maybe those ideas are hot for the same reason. Really hard to say.

And a suggestion:
I wanted to suggest that the punishment for failing a round shouldn't go straight to the end of the game. It would be nice if there was some way to get punished in the some way and repeat the round, so you can keep playing, and it just gets harder.
Last edited by lor205y on Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.