[FEEDBACK] Nightmare on Edge Street

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
UninvitedGeist
Explorer
Explorer

[FEEDBACK] Nightmare on Edge Street

Post by UninvitedGeist »

Hey everyone, I just posted my first tease: Nightmare on Edge Street. Please let me know what you think, what you liked, and what could be improved!
ostermanblue2
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [FEEDBACK] Nightmare on Edge Street

Post by ostermanblue2 »

UninvitedGeist wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:31 am Hey everyone, I just posted my first tease: Nightmare on Edge Street. Please let me know what you think, what you liked, and what could be improved!
No improvements required, this was just about the perfect medium length edging sesh. Thanks for creating!
jimbin
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No
Sub/Slave(s): No

Post by jimbin »

Nice tease. I do enjoy the multiple paths tease. Been looking for the hidden paths.. . Any hints where they are?
UninvitedGeist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UninvitedGeist »

jimbin wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:43 am Nice tease. I do enjoy the multiple paths tease. Been looking for the hidden paths.. . Any hints where they are?
So, the hidden paths aren’t huge, just small alternative paths. A small hint, have you tried pissing off a certain brunette?
Lazures
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Lazures »

I love it. Pretty fresh, good approach, and a nice idea.

I didn't see the others much, but I loved Aqua -- might be why.
Royal_Site555
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Royal_Site555 »

Just finished. Great tease. The dialogue was well written for all characters. It felt like they each had their own voice which alot of posters can't get right.
Spoiler: show
Almost blew it at the start. Shay Laren is quite seriously one of my favorites. Was NOT expecting to see her. Very happy I was able to revisit her later. Loved the ending battle sequence. The whole tease was quite campy, which kind of goes well with the old horror vibe. A little predictability is good sometimes
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by ritewriter »

Fun!

My 2c.

I’d love it if you gave each girl a signature color for their dialogue. It would make it a bit easier to follow when…
Spoiler: show
Freddi and Aqua interact
Also I think you could use a proper ending screen. I wasn’t 100% sure it was over when it was over.

And finally, I think some of the sequences could benefit from a few more images. Aqua seemed to have a lot of repeated pictures and long holds.

But that’s all little stuff. Really great work!
InfamousPlantain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by InfamousPlantain »

Loved it. Like someone said earlier, good length. Some of these teases just seem to go on forever! Good story and good selection of girls. Well done and thanks!
arn29
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arn29 »

This was an excellent tease. I will definitely be running through it again and again. Thank you for your hard work in making it.
UninvitedGeist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UninvitedGeist »

ritewriter wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:53 am
My 2c.

I’d love it if you gave each girl a signature color for their dialogue. It would make it a bit easier to follow when…
I would love to do that, does someone know how :lol:
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

UninvitedGeist wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:03 pm
My 2c.

Easy! Open the say function. Select/highlight the dialogue you want colored. Click on the dialogue color button. It's the A with the thick line under it. Pick a color! Make sure to note which color you've picked for each character. I use row and column. In my tease, Bridgette is 2-2, second row, second column (light pink), and the MC is 7-2, the seventh row, second color from the left. Light blue.

NOTE: There might be more colors available than first appear. On my computer, I need to scroll down to get colors past green like orange or yellow.
UninvitedGeist
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UninvitedGeist »

ritewriter wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:12 pm
UninvitedGeist wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:03 pm
My 2c.

Easy! Open the say function. Select/highlight the dialogue you want colored. Click on the dialogue color button. It's the A with the thick line under it. Pick a color! Make sure to note which color you've picked for each character. I use row and column. In my tease, Bridgette is 2-2, second row, second column (light pink), and the MC is 7-2, the seventh row, second color from the left. Light blue.

NOTE: There might be more colors available than first appear. On my computer, I need to scroll down to get colors past green like orange or yellow.
You’re the best! If I reuploaded my tease, do I need to clarify it’s a different version?
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Up to you. I do. You can just add a Revised or Version x or whatever to the end of description, but keep the title the same and it will overwrite the old one. Or you can change the title and publish a new one and leave the old one like Hero Corruption. Your call.
Errant_
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Errant_ »

Hi Geist, great work on this! I enjoyed it quite a bit. Love the overall story/vibe of it.

Couple thoughts:

- For this kind of game, and the story being what it is, I feel like a beatmeter would be a really good addition.

- It's nice to have the branching paths, although the game felt a tad short. Nice variety in the paths though.

- Some of the beginning text is fairly slow, so it makes it slightly tedious to do new runs and explore the content. Would be nice to have a skip button.

- Love having "secret" content, even if it's small!

Hope to see more like this in the future! :-)
SissyChris76
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SissyChris76 »

UninvitedGeist wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:31 am Hey everyone, I just posted my first tease: Nightmare on Edge Street. Please let me know what you think, what you liked, and what could be improved!
Hi, loved your tease, really good. Right from the movie parody idea, through the good length, paths and quality of pics and edge amount. Thank you for your time. BTW you have my vote for TOTM.